Sign in to follow this  
bowowtao

banned

"" User Bowowtao over the last few days you have posted from IP addresses in the Netherlands, Czech republic, Sweden and Russia. You either have a very fast mode of transport or you are using a proxy server. In other words you are hiding your identity. I think this is dishonest and breaks trust with other users on here. We the moderators know who you are, so I think others users should also. Please discontinue this practice. I'm giving this chance to be honest with everyone else. If you don't take it you will be banned. ""

there are five other poster on that thread besides Drew Hemple.

I do not know who any of them are. They do have avatars and poster

names, but what does that tell? I do not know who you are a well.

Does Taobums have a written rule about use of proxy servers or number

of identities?

I am not using a proxy. Its a service that's intent to prevent hacking.

I have been hacked on line and my log-in information taken as well as other

critical information several time.

Recently under the last acct name on ttb I attempted to change my password

..that failed and was unable to log on. Changes of info on your site are handled via

email -this is always a risk. Several ports through this IP on this pc have been hacked

I am not greatly internet/computer savvy, but have been trying to learn how to protect ID and prevent attacks and loss of information.

The service I've been trying past week or so actually prevented access to the ports that were hacked, so its a good thing.

"hiding on TTB" behind a 'new name' would require creating not only a new poster name and avatar, but a different style of writing and cadence about ones self.

Obviously I have made no such attempt and since Avatars and posting names are not REAL anyway, what difference does this make?

Does TTB have a rule about creating new ID?

Have I made any malicious posts?

Are posters required to announce their 'old' avatar and poster name

when changing to a new one?

How many of the moderators on TTB have more that one ID on ttb?

Question ..where does one announce them self under a new Avatar/poster name?

Aren't anonymous avatar and post names for the sake of personal security on the internet?

Having wrote all this I realize the post you made in the Tantric Mongoose thread insisting that I put my name on the forum somewhere violates personal security through the internet.. also given my old account info was lifted I agree with your threat

So, please Ban My accout asap, thank you.

I enjoyed reading posts, sorry to see you go if you decide to.

I think they had some problem with a scammer on this site, some Australian guy who was causing problems and harassing people which is probably why they were worried about IP's

• Like 1

Moderators,

Do not threaten to ban members when they are behaving themselves perfectly. No one here has an obligation to be trustworthy to you (if they do, then I ask for you to all share your full names and home addresses, so that we know we can trust you)...the only obligation any member has is to contribute to this forum appropriately.

Does Taobums have a written rule about use of proxy servers

No, there is no such rule. The mods have no right to say whether anyone uses one or not, especially when you bring up the point about trying to prevent being hacked...and that you aren't using one exactly.

Speaking personally, in the past I've had problems with the moderators. To give a scenario...if they chose to ban me permanently, it would be a personal issue and not a matter of myself disrupting the forum. In my opinion, I have the right to come back anonymously and behave appropriately...without the mod-team's judgmental disposition weighing down on my use of this forum.

The key here is behaving appropriately...aka following the actual rules, which are clearly listed.

So yes, moderators, please don't ban bowowtao. Let go of your need to control everything...let it be!

the below was written in the Tantric Mongoose thread after the post above in this thread.

I'm including it here though it repeats some questions because it is clearer.

I was busy when writing the first post..

so you know I am real about "banned" or deleting, which ever the moderation finds easiest.

I am posting on this particular thread only this one time in response to your moderation.

using an open and unsecured IP address leave ports on my pc that have already been hacked open to further activity.

""I think this is dishonest and breaks trust with other users on here. We the moderators know who you are, so I think others users should also. Please discontinue this practice. I'm giving this chance to be honest with everyone else. If you don't take it you will be banned.""

There are security issues on TTB

are you asking me to POST my given name on TTB?

or to make an announcement that bowowtao is same account as the old one?

I notice there is an option to list name-history in posters profiles.

I assume listing there is a moderator task? If so, why are you harassing me in a thread about Tantra?

The way I write and cover topic like alchemy/taoism in no way 'hides' my identity

as a poster

Are you saying that a proxy or other web security are not allowed on TTB?

How can trust be violated on an anonymous forum where 90% of posters have

an anonymous avatar and poster name?

You say you all "know who I am" and yet, I do not know who you are

Your proclamation is a threat that violates my security

-The same security and anonymity that you enjoy from behind you avatar and poster name

Apech, in your profile under Name History there are two names listed?

did you make formal announcement of these? if so what method did you use?

where? thanks

..oh also, Are anonymous IP against TTB rules?

..this seems an odd question to me since you have full access to my information and I have none to yours..

edit

another thought.. what difference is there between one forum and another when posters on any forum may have multiple Identities(avatar/name) on other forums? Would you consider this a violation of "trust" ?

..and what does interpersonal trust have to do with anonymous posting on a general topic where opinion vary widely?

Unless anonymity is used to attack others I don't see where 'trust' has anything to do with posting in a general topic.

Did my question about Drews thread topic in some way violate TTB rules or violate an un-written on line 'sense' of community trust?

this forum in is informational with most all of it's information derived second or third party from authors, teachers and others research acquired on line and in practice.

The Anonymous names and avatars, or physical location of posters has no effect on the actual benefit of information exchange. Unless anonymity is used for malicious purposes, no objection should be made.

There are many (some prominent) teachers, even masters on line behind anonymous avatar and poster names that maintain web presence for the sake of being involved in the information exchange at one level or another -even to monitor their own students, haha They have anonymity to keep their privacy in tact and to avoid the kind of attacks one might expect being an on-line authority of any kind.

I have no presence to maintain and don't care If what I write is taken or not -it is purely informational.

Best to TTB and hopes that the ideal of totally free information exchange may some day soon come to fruition.

this forum in is informational with most all of it's information derived second or third party from authors, teachers and others research acquired on line and in practice.

The Anonymous names and avatars, or physical location of posters has no effect on the actual benefit of information exchange. Unless anonymity is used for malicious purposes, no objection should be made.

There are many (some prominent) teachers, even masters on line behind anonymous avatar and poster names that maintain web presence for the sake of being involved in the information exchange at one level or another -even to monitor their own students, haha They have anonymity to keep their privacy in tact and to avoid the kind of attacks one might expect being an on-line authority of any kind.

I have no presence to maintain and don't care If what I write is taken or not -it is purely informational.

Best to TTB and hopes that the ideal of totally free information exchange may some day soon come to fruition.

Are you saying that you think your computer was hacked via TTBs? Someone hacked your computer to access your login and passwords on your computer?

I get a virus threat detected on TTB everytime I post in a forum using malwarebytes as real time protection.

Anyone else get this virus threat detection for the forum of the TTB? My hitmanpro scan has not picked up any virus so anyway -- still I would appreciate people's feedback.

I don't really expect it from the mods but maybe they can help out. haha.

*** Moderator Message ***

Just to be clear Bowowtao is not being asked to give his real name ... just to make it clear to other posters that he uses several screen names and a proxy server to disguise this fact.

*** Mod Message ends ***

*** Moderator Message ***

Just to be clear Bowowtao is not being asked to give his real name ... just to make it clear to other posters that he uses several screen names and a proxy server to disguise this fact.

*** Mod Message ends ***

I do not have a proxy

I am not using more than one screen name at same time.

I am using only one screen name, understand?

You did not read what I posted above, understand?

Where on The Tao Bums Web Site is it stated that users must announce name changes? <--answer this

Why do you Apec have more than one screen name?

How many moderators on your web site have multiple screen names?

A proxy would enable using multiple log-ins simultaneously.

I do not have this ability, because I am not using

a proxy server

Understand?

Haha.. I just noticed you mistake:

"User Bowowtao over the last few days you have posted from IP addresses in the Netherlands, Czech republic, Sweden and Russia. You either have a very fast mode of transport or you are using a proxy server. In other words you are hiding your identity. I think this is dishonest and breaks trust with other users on here. We the moderators know who you are, so I think others users should also. Please discontinue this practice. I'm giving this chance to be honest with everyone else. If you don't take it you will be banned"

All the address you mention above were from behind the same screen name!!!!!!

I have only been using a random web address since creating 'bowowtao' not before!

how is this dishonest?

The server I am using is not a proxy. I cannot do multiple log-in.

"OTHER MEMBERS" Do Not Have ACCESS to moderated WEB_ADDRESS logs...............................

Other members only see my screen name.

IT does not matter to other members where my web address is because they cannot see it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Does it take so long to ban?

Edited by bowowtao

Yes it does.

Please list the other screen names you use on here.

Yes it does.

Please list the other screen names you use on here.

I am only using one.

If you have access to your sites logs you will see that I am only using one.