voidisyinyang

Nicole Daedone: Female Orgasm and Shantam Nityama - Tantric Mongoose

So notice he says -- when your meditation succeeds.

In other words if your meditation succeeds -- no matter what it is -- then you can be able to sit in full lotus steadily.

So if you can't sit in full lotus steadily then your meditation has not succeeded yet. Sorry to break the bad news for all those "mind yoga" afficianados out there. haha.

Funny, my meditation has succeeded and I can't get into full lotus due to flexibility. (Of course there is always more to be successful at...no one has completed the path...no one has attained real mastery, it's a process...life goes on, and we are just specks in the midst of the endless Tao. (Very cherished specks.))

A person who can do full lotus simply has the right body type (skinny), or perhaps has trained their flexibility in order to do it. Not a big deal.

What I do isn't "mind yoga"...I've achieved true embryonic breathing/kevala kumbhaka, there is a constant flow of energy through me, my physical body has actually been transmuted into pure energy and has vanished into the Tao, as such I see the empty nature of all things, I can shapeshift into whatever I want and affect others from a distance with ease, can ascertain things about anything anywhere, I've created thunderstorms in the middle of a sunny day in a desert, attracted thousands of birds to spiral above me, caused girls to orgasm to the point of not being able to stand up, caused true protection for people through prayer in the midst of war, saved people's lives through prayer, predicted the future about various things, healed my physical body of many minor issues...blah blah blah...

None of it matters ultimately...these things are typical experiences for anyone on the path, and talking about them just sets up issues for people reading it, who think that they aren't special enough to experience such things. Or that these things are supposed to be experienced, as if it means anything. You notice how you got a weird feeling while reading it? That's because we're not supposed to talk about our abilities, or more correctly, our experiences...talking creates misinterpretation.

Do you know how amazing each one of us is? That being the case, do you know how normal all of this stuff is? And do you realize just how little control we have of these things? I can't prove any of that shit.

My main point: We should not be causing others to doubt their practices, Drew. You are not greater or more attained than a single person here, and neither am I. And master Nan who you like to put your absolute trust in...he is definitely not any greater, either.

This is a hard concept to grasp for those that doubt themselves...but trust me...all of our paths are different and if you aren't careful, you can start worshipping other human beings simply because they speak of different experiences than you. Which is ridiculous when they are the same as you...a human, who will one day die.

Respecting others and their achievements is good, but don't think anyone is above you or more experienced. Or that anyone is something less than you. This is your life of which you are a master of...they are not your masters. You are not theirs. They are the same as you. Even the absolute beginner.

Just to be clear, these abilities are more problematic than anything. Saying that is not to be taken lightly. It's the greatest gift to simply be a normal human being. To be innocent. With power comes huge responsibility...and sometimes it takes a little bit of being irresponsible to realize just how much you need to change. :(:) (Speaking for myself there.)

"You got the power to let power go?"

-Kanye West

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 1

Funny, my meditation has succeeded and I can't get into full lotus due to flexibility. (Of course there is always more to be successful at...no one has completed the path...no one has attained real mastery, it's a process...life goes on, and we are just specks in the midst of the endless Tao. (Very cherished specks.))

A person who can do full lotus simply has the right body type (skinny), or perhaps has trained their flexibility in order to do it. Not a big deal.

What I do isn't "mind yoga"...I've achieved true embryonic breathing/kevala kumbhaka, there is a constant flow of energy through me, my physical body has actually been transmuted into pure energy and has vanished into the Tao, as such I see the empty nature of all things, I can shapeshift into whatever I want and affect others from a distance with ease, can ascertain things about anything anywhere, I've created thunderstorms in the middle of a sunny day in a desert, attracted thousands of birds to spiral above me, caused girls to orgasm to the point of not being able to stand up, caused true protection for people through prayer in the midst of war, saved people's lives through prayer, predicted the future about various things, healed my physical body of many minor issues...blah blah blah...

None of it matters ultimately...these things are typical experiences for anyone on the path, and talking about them just sets up issues for people reading it, who think that they aren't special enough to experience such things. Or that these things are supposed to be experienced, as if it means anything. You notice how you got a weird feeling while reading it? That's because we're not supposed to talk about our abilities, or more correctly, our experiences...talking creates misinterpretation.

Do you know how amazing each one of us is? That being the case, do you know how normal all of this stuff is? And do you realize just how little control we have of these things? I can't prove any of that shit.

My main point: We should not be causing others to doubt their practices, Drew. You are not greater or more attained than a single person here, and neither am I. And master Nan who you like to put your absolute trust in...he is definitely not any greater, either.

This is a hard concept to grasp for those that doubt themselves...but trust me...all of our paths are different and if you aren't careful, you can start worshipping other human beings simply because they speak of different experiences than you. Which is ridiculous when they are the same as you...a human, who will one day die.

Respecting others and their achievements is good, but don't think anyone is above you or more experienced. Or that anyone is something less than you. This is your life of which you are a master of...they are not your masters. You are not theirs. They are the same as you. Even the absolute beginner.

Just to be clear, these abilities are more problematic than anything. Saying that is not to be taken lightly. It's the greatest gift to simply be a normal human being. To be innocent. With power comes huge responsibility...and sometimes it takes a little bit of being irresponsible to realize just how much you need to change. :(:) (Speaking for myself there.)

Agreed.

Agreed.

Yeah the full lotus is a difficult practice. haha.

Chunyi Lin said to sit in full lotus two hours non-stop a day to train to be an energy master.

Chunyi Lin also said if you want to tell if someone is a real energy master just see how long they can sit in full lotus in ease. haha.

That's what is great about the full lotus -- so much of the New Age scene is based on lots of talk -- so I just sit in full lotus. Simple yet powerful. It can't be faked.

You can't fake the full lotus.

I wrote an article on that -- http://www.mind-energy.net/archives/162-You-Cant-Fake-The-Full-lotus!-Testimony-of-a-qigong-practitioner-in-the-context-of-parapsychology.html back around the same time as the "O at a D" discovery.

Why? I hope people get my pun -- females faking orgasms. haha. But you can't fake the full lotus! haha.

You Can’t Fake The Full-lotus! Testimony of a qigong practitioner in the context of parapsychology

by drew hempel, MA

Edited by fulllotus

Chunyi Lin said to sit in full lotus two hours non-stop a day to train to be an energy master.

That's (your misinterpretation of) his path.

My teachers said not to. Multiple teachers and healers on this board have said not to.

And despite you doing this for years, I don't consider you to be an energy master. For instance, just recently Chunyi Lin let you know that your internal organs are out of balance. Also, I can feel how ungrounded and imbalanced you are.

Anyway, I am going to train my flexibility so that I can easily sit in full lotus within 6 months. Good to have goals, even if they are absolutely pointless. :)

Thanks for explaining that in detail Drew. Particularly makes sense that it is a right brain trance experience, so that once peak is reached the left brain claims dominance again and it seems probably like it may never quite have happened, like a dream. Reading Anthony Peake on "The Daemon" - the awareness level of the right brain, which is stifled by the ready facility of the left. His thesis is that the right brain knows everything that has ever happened or could happen to us, and the left brain is living it as if 'in the moment' because it operates at such a slowed down freguency. So what we perceive as precognition is actually the right brain just managing to communicate, which is why it happens in dreams so often, or in a dream like way. And those who have more right brain access, like , he postulates, Joan of Arc, and Socrates, get 'wisdom' spoken straight into the left brain. There were experiments where the left side brain was anaesthetised and the right brain got the chance to be communicative and gave more enthusiastic and articulate responses to questions than the left side.

The research I heard about indicated that the left brain basically is left to make up explanations of right-brain behaviour, most of the time. Mathematicians have a corpus callosum that somehow manages more of a connection, so they can describe relationships in symbols.

just an aside, and now back to the scintillatin' and somewhat scandalous Tao Bummery. Seems like there was at least one person looking to experiment long distance with O at D, wonder how that worked out. Myself, I just keep coming back to "I don't know!", is there a natural place that the hormones and the energy draw to that provides a greater sense of well-being with retention? All my life, I just figured it was the goddess's provence, and out of my hands. You got me thinking about it again Drew, and yet. I don't seem to have the ability or the desire to sit more than the 50 minutes I max out at now. And I'm not sure I want to channel energy for healing people, as laudable as that is. I guess I will explore a little more what kind of stretch that is, at 50 minutes, although I rely on the posture to tell me when to get up. That just means I need to listen very carefully now, I guess.

• Like 1

The research I heard about indicated that the left brain basically is left to make up explanations of right-brain behaviour, most of the time. Mathematicians have a corpus callosum that somehow manages more of a connection, so they can describe relationships in symbols.

just an aside, and now back to the scintillatin' and somewhat scandalous Tao Bummery. Seems like there was at least one person looking to experiment long distance with O at D, wonder how that worked out. Myself, I just keep coming back to "I don't know!", is there a natural place that the hormones and the energy draw to that provides a greater sense of well-being with retention? All my life, I just figured it was the goddess's provence, and out of my hands. You got me thinking about it again Drew, and yet. I don't seem to have the ability or the desire to sit more than the 50 minutes I max out at now. And I'm not sure I want to channel energy for healing people, as laudable as that is. I guess I will explore a little more what kind of stretch that is, at 50 minutes, although I rely on the posture to tell me when to get up. That just means I need to listen very carefully now, I guess.

haha Mark -- yeah reading energy online while in full lotus is funny sometimes. I sit in full lotus most of the day and half the time I forget I'm in full lotus. haha. It's an interesting point about math -- I came across a linguistics book with a forward by Chomsky -- it was a new recent book about the part of the brain that math uses as a language -- arguing that mathematical thinking was kind of some original language before words... But musicians definitely have larger corpus callosums....

Oh yeah Mark -- I should mention that sometimes the energy in a comment on thetaobums is so bad that I have to sit in full lotus for at least an hour to counteract it -- sublimate the energy back from the lower chakra blockage.

It would be pointless to single any one out as there is almost always one person on some site that has this type of lower body blockage. haha. I just avoid reading their posts as much as possible but it still means the energy is out there circulating -- so the full lotus is practiced pre-emptively to counteract this lower chakra blockage energy.

Edited by fulllotus

It would be pointless to single any one out as there is almost always one person on some site that has this type of lower body blockage. haha. I just avoid reading their posts as much as possible but it still means the energy is out there circulating -- so the full lotus is practiced pre-emptively to counteract this lower chakra blockage energy.

That sounds unfortunate, Drew Hempel. :D

C T -- I'm not sure the pot smokers are full lotus yogis and if they are then maybe they have achieved enlightenment. haha. Why not?

I find it hilarious that somehow the fulllotus is my personal fetish or something when sitting in full lotus is so considered the norm for real meditation that it is often just called "cross legged."

Here Master Nan, Huai-chin says cross-legged but he means full lotus:

In other words if your meditation succeeds -- no matter what it is -- then you can be able to sit in full lotus steadily.

So if you can't sit in full lotus steadily then your meditation has not succeeded yet. Sorry to break the bad news for all those "mind yoga" afficianados out there. haha.

There is such an element of naivete in your statements, Drew. Cross-legged means full-lotus?? I can see why its important for you to interpret it this way, its very obvious.

I think what you meant was your own meditative success, right? Apparently, the best way to know if one's meditation is progressing or not is when one leaves meditation... sounds funny, but thats the most appropriate gauge, dont you think? When one is in formal meditative poise of course its easy to think one is a successful meditator, whatever that means. How one translates formal practice back into mundane activities is what really counts, where the real heart of spirituality reveals itself thru one's interactions with others and with self. Without this dynamic, which is what the ascetics of the Ganges lack, its so easy to remain fooling oneself that one is such a great meditator, especially with the added bonus of paying some 'master' to endorse that one is indeed making great progress, and as if that wasn't enough, to have to then encourage others to do the same.

Please dont misunderstand - i believe CYL is doing a wonderful job healing people (but i think he charges too much) - and i also believe in the efficacy of the FL position. It is an ideal pose, but to say its the pinnacle of meditative expertise is a flawed assertion. There is just as much benefit to be derived from mindfully performing menial tasks as it is to sit in formal meditation, but quite a number of Westerners, from what i have seen so far, seem to fall flat in their ability to correlate these two activities, which is a shame.

Scotty made some excellent points which i think says so much more than what i can. You should seriously take what he says into consideration.

• Like 3

Please dont misunderstand - i believe CYL is doing a wonderful job healing people (but i think he charges too much)

I have the utmost respect for Sifu Lin and his good work. I did three levels with him long time ago and both he and his wife were amazing people, truly compassionate and not commercially oriented.

Unfortunately, over the last few years, that seems to have changed. I also sense a change in the quality of his energy (this is just my opinion). I even removed him from my Facebook after ads and commercial stuff started appearing in excess. I don't know, if its the people around him, or the changing times and economy, but he does seem way too commercial and flashy than before. Lot of people know him now and as a result have benefited from him - that sure is something good. But over the top advertizing and some so called collaborations he keeps doing with New Age jumbos really turned me away from him lately. I do wish him the very best for the healing knowledge he has brought to many.

My Dzogchen teacher - considered enlightened and consulted by even the Dalai Lama was somewhat big and never could do full lotus. His attainments of awe to a lot of high Lamas. My teacher of Tantra was considered a Siddha, and one of the few to openly exhibit his Siddhis - again considered enlightened even by orthodox Advaitins - never did Full Lotus. Trailinga Swami of Benares, one of the few Mahasiddhas to walk the earth in recent times was HUGE, he would float on Ganges most of the times and had Goddess Annapurna, the tutelary deity of Benares intercede for him on several occasions - there was NO way he could even do a half lotus.

These were all considered Siddhas - by yogins, tantrics, alchemists and the mind-only folks like Advaitins or Buddhists of a similar persuasion. So obviously full lotus being any measure of spiritual attainment is absolutely silly. An ex girlfriend of mine did a lot of Yoga and was told my someone that full lotus would help burn fat or tone her waist or some stuff. She religiously would sit in full lotus while watching Tv and would not budge for like the duration of an entire movie - you know what women can do to shed their imaginary 'extra' pounds lol! Was she spiritual, not the least bit!

Even in hatha yoga and tantra, Yonyasana and Ardhayonyasana are considered superior to Padmasana and that's just one example.

Edited by guruyoga
  • Like 2

I have the utmost respect for Sifu Lin and his good work. I did three levels with him long time ago and both he and his wife were amazing people, truly compassionate and not commercially oriented.

Unfortunately, over the last few years, that seems to have changed. I also sense a change in the quality of his energy (this is just my opinion). I even removed him from my Facebook after ads and commercial stuff started appearing in excess. I don't know, if its the people around him, or the changing times and economy, but he does seem way too commercial and flashy than before. Lot of people know him now and as a result have benefited from him - that sure is something good. But over the top advertizing and some so called collaborations he keeps doing with New Age jumbos really turned me away from him lately. I do wish him the very best for the healing knowledge he has brought to many.

Before you start - you call on the Masters energy. This doesn't have to be him.

Seth -- the "O at a D" is not dependent on visual information as it is through the pineal gland energy but you want "visual" proof. haha. I find that very hilarious because the energy comes from the consciousness that is formless -- the consciousness that creates light. It's not left-brain consciousness based on words.

Rubbish drew. In your many many posts, you describe how the girl was wiggling or other visually obvious signs after you had 'O at a D' her...

You yourself have said along the lines of "I knew she had had an orgasm because she was squirming around..." That is you yourself gaining visual confirmation.

Dont pull your old 10000 paragraph reply trick to try to avoid the spotlight. You have made big big claims. Now back them up!

Stop using thousands of words to tell us how awesome you are, and show us!

• Like 5

My Dzogchen teacher - considered enlightened and consulted by even the Dalai Lama was somewhat big and never could do full lotus. His attainments of awe to a lot of high Lamas. My teacher of Tantra was considered a Siddha, and one of the few to openly exhibit his Siddhis - again considered enlightened even by orthodox Advaitins - never did Full Lotus. Trailinga Swami of Benares, one of the few Mahasiddhas to walk the earth in recent times was HUGE, he would float on Ganges most of the times and had Goddess Annapurna, the tutelary deity of Benares intercede for him on several occasions - there was NO way he could even do a half lotus.

These were all considered Siddhas - by yogins, tantrics, alchemists and the mind-only folks like Advaitins or Buddhists of a similar persuasion. So obviously full lotus being any measure of spiritual attainment is absolutely silly. An ex girlfriend of mine did a lot of Yoga and was told my someone that full lotus would help burn fat or tone her waist or some stuff. She religiously would sit in full lotus while watching Tv and would not budge for like the duration of an entire movie - you know what women can do to shed their imaginary 'extra' pounds lol! Was she spiritual, not the least bit!

Even in hatha yoga and tantra, Yonyasana and Ardhayonyasana are considered superior to Padmasana and that's just one example.

Thank you for lending your voice, Guruyoga.

I too have been fortunate to have been tutored by a few Dzogchen yogis, none of whom would 'sell' the benefits of the FL the way its been vehemently touted by Drew here. When asked, they would always respond by encouraging students to work within their own abilities and comfort, and not get dazzled/distracted by all the 'jumbo' ^_^:D stuff, which can be nice, but, in the end, are but trimmings. They also said that as one progresses along the 'higher' paths, it will become clearer why all those things we think are so crucial eventually become deadweights if we cannot overcome the gross and subtle attachments which we often place on them. The very things that helps us progress would be the very same stuff that pulls us down if we are not able to move past the ideas we have of their role as mere tools, and how we adapt and learn to work with these tools, our mental position, are somehow always more vital than the tools themselves.

Even people who are physically impaired have the same potential for spiritual realizations. Its a universal gift.

• Like 1

Hey Jetsun do you have any other writing on Gurdjieff doing energy transmissions? I know he shot out the blue light to recharge his student -- Peter I think. I'm not sure if it was Peter who saw the blue light or someone else was in the room with Peter....

But that's the only other energy transmission healing that I know of about Gurdjieff. No healing stories or anything -- still amazing how much credence he is given -- but then he did write a long fictional spiritual book. haha. I mean his harmonics alchemy is directly the same as "Taoist Yoga" as my article details -- so his teaching is excellent -- and it's also the same as the Pythagorean harmonics.

I can't recall any account of direct energy transmissions except the one you probably mean when Fritz Peters came back exhausted from the front line in the war, there are various stories of Siddhi type powers but Gurdjieff generally taught that unless you earn something for yourself you won't appreciate its full worth so you would have to develop your energy yourself and deal with your own karma rather than rely on a master to do it for you. Perhaps the way energy is used is one of the differences between the Fourth Way and Taoism as the intent in the Fourth Way is to open up and allow the higher energy to come down to the body, so there is a meeting of the vertical energy of the earth and horizontal heavenly energies and the purpose of humanity on this planet is to allow this meeting to take place, but there is no intention to manipulate those energies for healing or anything else, which is why it is perhaps more Christian than Taoist.

Perhaps in that story of Gurdjieff giving a woman an orgasm at a distance was an example of him using his Siddhi powers in order to get her as his student, perhaps he saw enormous potential in her and needed to use that power at that time in order for her to be convinced enough to follow him.

It is true that in the beginning when In Search of the Miraculous was based he taught various yoga type exercises perhaps even the full lotus, but he stopped teaching them later on in life so I assume he wasn't happy with the results they brought.

Edited by Jetsun
  • Like 1

oh.. is this a male competition thing?! I never read it as Drew was telling us how 'awesome' he personally is, just that he is sharing what goes on for him, how the huge amount of work he has done has resulted in this, for him.

No not competitiveness.

He has been going on like this for years and he makes my BS detector go crazy.

My opinion, which I would love to be wrong about, is that all he has is badly stitched together theory's, and a wild Imagination.

The Noobs love him mind you, and I find this dangerous.

He should not have a fan following when he has shown nothing of his alleged abilities, or is maybe suffering from some energy abberation.

Whenever someone challenges him, they do not get a straight answer, they get a ten thousand word essay drawing on the most divergent sources and I call BS.

I am sick of it.

Can he do what he says or not? If he can, I want to see it myself. Then I will take what he says more seriously.

Till then I do not trust him.

I asked him for visual evidence, and he gave a ridiculously long reply about why that wouldn't work.

Bull Shit!

He himself lists his personal examples of Visual evidence, and then post Nitiyama as visual evidence... He is Incoherent half the time.

His posts are full of assumptions, like the babys finger raising being a message about erections :lol: or that scotty or other fellow bums are pervs...

Mind you despite how annoying I find him at times, I still like him, and some of his projects...

But He makes it sound as if he can give any woman anywhere an Energetic Climax at any time, just by flexing his pineal gland. And he may be able to, but I want to see it. It is a massive claim that deserves backing up. Haha!

• Like 5

Yes! I think that is how it is. Just got a book v. interesting about how to how to get more harmony between the two sides.. people have treated intransigent depression with authors methods :

"Schiffer gives us overwhelming evidence that each side of our brain possesses an autonomous, distinct personality with its own set of memories, motivations and behaviours."

Of Two Minds by Fredric Schiffer, MD - harvard prof of psychiatry.

(Notice the word distinct...intriguing, eh.)

Interesting Cat. You have mentioned a couple of books recently that sound very interesting. The other one was about Daemon?

A while back I made a sort of a connection about Daemon/genius/creativity and sublimated 'sex energy' (downside being if it's not channeled into action then it can drive people batty). Anything in that book about it? Thanks!

what?!

you say some wild stuff but that takes the cake man.

people can stretch their hip flexors, periformis, psoas, etc until they can sit in full lotus, and not be enlightened or have succeeded in anything except stretching those muscles and tendons. And other people can succeed in meditation sitting on a chair! People can succeed in meditation in all kinds of positions. That is why there are all kinds of positions of meditation. And before you respond with "20 minutes of full lotus is worth 4 hours in other positions according to ChunYi Lin!" remember that 1 we have all heard that line 50 times now and 2 it doesnt (even if it is true) mean that other meditation positions are not capable of leading to meditative success.

i personally think you should be careful about spreading disinformation. Especially if its based on one quote taken out of context. People read this forum looking for factual information about practice. I was one of those people for years, and now that i post here, i can't let what you are saying slide by without comment.

• Like 5

what?!

you say some wild stuff but that takes the cake man.

people can stretch their hip flexors, periformis, psoas, etc until they can sit in full lotus, and not be enlightened or have succeeded in anything except stretching those muscles and tendons. And other people can succeed in meditation sitting on a chair! People can succeed in meditation in all kinds of positions. That is why there are all kinds of positions of meditation. And before you respond with "20 minutes of full lotus is worth 4 hours in other positions according to ChunYi Lin!" remember that 1 we have all heard that line 50 times now and 2 it doesnt (even if it is true) mean that other meditation positions are not capable of leading to meditative success.

i personally think you should be careful about spreading disinformation. Especially if its based on one quote taken out of context. People read this forum looking for factual information about practice. I was one of those people for years, and now that i post here, i can't let what you are saying slide by without comment.

Yeah, I think one support to this is that the Ancient Egyptians, who who predated East Indians in chakra, kundalini, and rainbow body type practices, do not have any pictures of people in full lotus position. It seems like they may have used mostly standing and chairs even.