Birch

Meditation 'stuff'

Hi folks,

This is a bit weird/embarrassing (another one of those 'am I normal? questions :lol: But hey, I already identify as a bit of a weirdo thanks to meditation so here goes)

Seeing through closed eyelids in a dark room.

I checked several times to make sure my eyes were shut (they were). I waved my hand about in front of me (I could see them much fainter than when my eyes were open). Opened and shut my eyes a few times to "make sure" - although of what exactly, not sure.

So, aside from this being a highly subjective experience

A) What ?..

B) Counterindications (aside from telling people)?

Thoughts on the matter?

I mean it's not like I don't already have this whole "thing" about local and non-local consciousness. It's still bugging me.

Is it bugging me enough that I invented the experience to settle matters or is it "real" in the sense of, well, real? Something else?

When I have meditated I have also viewed my hands through closed eyes.I have also viewed the whole room in which I was meditating. I have never taken much notice of experiences when in a meditative state but simply let it go.

I must admit to not worrying overmuch what others may think of either me or my practice and as to what is normal or not> Well we can only judge what is normal by using ourselves as a measure and that can be dangerous.

May your meditation grow deeper.

Edited by Chang

Counterindications (aside from telling people)?

Thinking that you're seeing the room you're in, and bumping into something or falling, when actually the subtle light you're seeing is showing something else. :lol:

Thinking that you're seeing the room you're in, and bumping into something or falling, when actually the subtle light you're seeing is showing something else. :lol:

Yeah, i think it's unlikely that I'd want to go wandering about :ninja:

Hi folks,

This is a bit weird/embarrassing (another one of those 'am I normal? questions :lol: But hey, I already identify as a bit of a weirdo thanks to meditation so here goes)

Seeing through closed eyelids in a dark room.

I checked several times to make sure my eyes were shut (they were). I waved my hand about in front of me (I could see them much fainter than when my eyes were open). Opened and shut my eyes a few times to "make sure" - although of what exactly, not sure.

So, aside from this being a highly subjective experience

A) What ?..

B) Counterindications (aside from telling people)?

Thoughts on the matter?

I mean it's not like I don't already have this whole "thing" about local and non-local consciousness. It's still bugging me.

Is it bugging me enough that I invented the experience to settle matters or is it "real" in the sense of, well, real? Something else?

Any colors that you see?

My only seeing my hands with my eyes closed experience was when I was doing salvia. I was smoking strong stuff in deep inhales while in full lotus. I kept blacking out while in full lotus and then would wake up forgeting I had smoked salvia until I figured out what happened - a minute or so to remember. So wondering how long I was blacked out I made sure to watch the clock. Anyway so then when I blacked out the third or fourth time instead of waking up completely disoriented forgetting I had smoked salvia -- instead I suddenly heard this voice say:

I think I opened my third eye!

Then realizing it was my own voice I was first embarrassed since I lived in a room with thin walls so my neighbor could maybe hear me. but then I immediately checked to see if indeed the salvia had opened my third eye. Up till then the salvia had indeed made the electromagnetic force in the center of the brain much stronger -- it had activated the kundalini sex energy much stronger to create a stronger electromagnetic force.

anyway so immediately I put my hands in front of my face with my eyes closed -- the room was pitch dark and I also had a winter hat over my eyes. Not sure why -- but I guess I wanted more darkness. Well amazingly to my surprise in a pitch dark room with a hat over my eyes and my eyes closed I could see rainbows around my hands help up in front of me. Indeed I had opened my third eye up.

It was sweet but salvia wears off right away. I tried to replicate it again and just kept having internal orgasms while in full lotus but no more third eye rainbow vortex stuff until I took the DMT plant.

Nope. It's really pretty much the same as ordinary seeing with eyes open, except a bit fainter.

The colours (if any) are those back of the eyelids things. I don't get much of that (so far)

You want the list of "stuff"?

I reckon a lot of it is natural physiological stuff, maybe even this "latest" thing is too. Which would put the whole "oh wow mystical" thing to bed for me. That would just be the way things are, nothing more or less.

@Gerard. Thanks. Although "Dark Night', nope, not interested in another one of those. :glare:

that happens to me, especially when im doing flying phoenix (bending the bow).. i see a golden glow where my hands are, except that its through my eyelids. I always just figured i was perceiving with my spirit and not with my physical eyes. Maybe a "3rd eye" thing.. I never try to hard to classify or categorize those sorts of experiences, and I recommend taking any explanations with a grain of salt.

Not saying that anyone here Doesn't know what they are talking about, just than IME its better to remain flexible when dealing with that sort of phenomenon.

also, i dont put 3rd eye in quotes because i doubt its existance, just to say that i think we perceive with our spirits so thats one level of the third eye, and there are other levels to it, like the "false third eye" the "true third eye" the "heaven eye" the "dharma eye" the "wisdom eye" etc... so i put it in quotes just because im using it very generally to cover any kind of non-physical sight phenomena

I agree with whoever said good work, keep it up!

Kate,

DkN is one stage of the road, we all need to deal with. You probably will experience it again but a very little extent almost without being noticed, but best thing to do is focus on your practice even more (this is what I did to deal with an awful DkN period for good).

• Like 1

Hi K--

Thx for sharing, these type of sharing posts are the best I think!

I think Gerard hit it on the money. I would have a lot to learn from him. I too have experienced so-called remote viewing. Stay very, very grounded, no doubt.

Good, if you take it as a sign of progress and no more, no less. Also the Shurangama Sutra, there are also many signs of progress as recorded through Chan meditation, and what occurs if you go astray and think too much about certain phenomena (e.g. getting tricked, demons come and eat you, you create trouble for yourself, something like that :)

So keep on the middle road, as they would say.

Thanks folks!

It's not the first time it's happened, but the first I've been willing to not write it off and also to discuss it. I felt briefly like freaking out about it yesterday (because of the implications, mainly) and then I though, oh wtf. Doesn't matter. It's the kind of stuff we discuss on here all the time, nothing special (although I was also delighted, can't hide that).

As for the interpretations, well it's good to know they are there but also good (I think) not to read too much into them. I suppose people could get tempted to start doing stuff with this kind of thing? Or believe they are... I saw a movie about that. And then I was thinking some more and I was wondering why the injunctions such as those aluded to by Starhawk above?

I to have seen my hands with eyes closed while meditating - no biggie

I have also seen a saint / master with my eyes open - biggie?

It happens :)

• Like 1