Sign in to follow this  
zerostao

sun lu tang

my wish list this year:

• Xingyiquan xue (A study of form mind boxing) 1915
  • Baguaquan xue (A study of eight trigrams boxing) 1916
  • Taijiquan xue (A study of grand ultimate boxing) 1921
  • Baguajian xue (A study of eight trigrams straight sword) 1927
  • Quanyi Shuzhen (An explanation of the essence of boxing)

Edited by zerostao

my wish list this year:

• Xingyiquan xue (A study of form mind boxing) 1915
  • Baguaquan xue (A study of eight trigrams boxing) 1916
  • Taijiquan xue (A study of grand ultimate boxing) 1921
  • Baguajian xue (A study of eight trigrams straight sword) 1927
  • Quanyi Shuzhen (An explanation of the essence of boxing)

Go for it :)

i am finding the taiji book from 11$, the xingyiquan book from 57-100$. not having any luck with the 8 trigrams mellow.gif

i am finding the taiji book from 11$, the xingyiquan book from 57-100$. not having any luck with the 8 trigrams mellow.gif

a good source of books is abebooks.com

good tip about abebooks also alibris.

i think in the 8 trigrams book , sun lu tang tells how to fully retore one's original qi

Hi zerostao,

If you scroll down this page from Plum Publications, there is a listing for a translation of "Sun Style BaGua Zhang including BaGua Sword" by Sun Lu Tang, translated by Joseph Crandall. Here's the description:

"As Mr. Crandall notes in his introduction, Sun LuTang - though very famous- left only difficult writings on martial arts. This book was the first made available to the public on the art of BaGua. Mr. Crandall admits to having made some running starts : now he has finally come out with a translation which he feels can give the non-Chinese reader a "taste" of one of the most famous of BaGua stylists. Also included is Sun's "BaGua Straight Sword". This is an essential text for the collector as well as the practitioner. Though Sun is probably less revered in Asia than we are often led to believe, his work is nonetheless seminal. This book is one of the keystones of that work.

INCLUDES: Sun's sword section includes: Ten Forms of Usage of Bagua's Sword; Essential Text about Bagua Sword; 8-Character Sword Practice; and complete 8 part sword form."

Not sure if this is the one you are looking for. You could probably e-mail them and ask. I've ordered stuff from them before and they've been very helpful. If you winding up getting it, I'd be curious to hear about his method of restoring original qi.

thanks Dainin,

unless sun lu tang has written 2 books on baguazhang, then i think it must be the one.

bagua straight sword also very cool.

yeah , i will pass on any info.

Sign in to follow this