Sign in to follow this  
bronzebow

Yang Jwing's Marrow Washing Book

I thumbed trough this book many years ago and it's intimidating in that it's a VERY involved and complicated practice. If memory serves, this is a fairly large book with TONS of exercises. So much so that it put me off right away. However, I think Jwing recommends learning this practice from a teacher and using the book for reference.

I thumbed trough this book many years ago and it's intimidating in that it's a VERY involved and complicated practice. If memory serves, this is a fairly large book with TONS of exercises. So much so that it put me off right away. However, I think Jwing recommends learning this practice from a teacher and using the book for reference.

I think the book is his translations of the documents. I don't think he actually learned from someone. Check the preface, from what I remember he's upfront about what is his experience, what is his belief and what he actually trained in. But still buyer beware...

T

If i remember rightly it is a translation of Da Mo's marrow and brain washing technique. I think its neigung (internal training) to strengthen the body.

If you can get into the book I think it results will prove rewarding.

I am currently learing Embryonic Breathing (prenatal breathing) from his book QiGong Meditation, Embryonic breathing. The book is absolutly massive and the process is quite complex and commitment is needed. The majority of the book consists of translations of known recorded documents to help your learning.

If we can learn these rare techniques then perhaps we can share and pass on our experience. I wonder if anyone else in the U.K. practices embryonic breathing?

I would like to know how you get on if you choose to study it

Good luck

I thought the book was great. I used the practice of bone breathing alot when I first started the Alchemy.

When you breath enough chi into your bones you will sometimes get an electical-like shock. Some say that this is when its being transformed from energy to power and others say that it means you breathed too much chi into your bone and it discharged. I never could get a straight answer what the electrical shock thing was or even if it was relevant.

Good book though with all the foundation works of Chinese Alchemy if my memory serves me.

I have the book, and I didn`t find it very complicated. The yi jin jing exercises are easy enought to learn, but doing them is not so easy (at least for me). Not that I`m practicing it at the moment as I have many other things that I (should be) am doing. I think the book in general is good. I`m not sure if I like his writing style though. Don`t think the book is for a total beginner though. It also says in the title it`s an "Advanced qigong regimen for the serious practicioner".

I think the book is his translations of the documents. I don't think he actually learned from someone. Check the preface, from what I remember he's upfront about what is his experience, what is his belief and what he actually trained in. But still buyer beware...

The contents of this volume are drawn from the many published document that I have collected. Once I understood them, I filled out the questionable parts and, based on my own knowledge, added some theory and commentary."

That`s part of the preface. I think that`s where he got a lot of his stuff from (documents). I think I saw some one say that he hasn`t practiced qigong long.

What I find weird is that he says the water path is through the spine and the wind path is down the front (conception), while it is in fact reversed. Maybe just semantics of course.

I just noticed that YMAA is planing to publish books on Buddhist and Tibetan Qigong. That might be quite interesting.

Sign in to follow this