Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

The Way of Energy: Mastering the Chinese Art of Internal Strength

The Way of Energy: Mastering the Chinese Art of Internal Strength with Chi Kung Exercise by Kam Chuen Lam

I'd like to borrow this book for a week to evaluate whether to buy it or not. I have a list of references who could vouch that I handle books with respect and return them promptly! :rolleyes:

Anyone out there?

If you have not already done so then check him out on You Tube "Stand still,be fit" a series he did many years ago in the UK.

• Like 1

If you have not already done so then check him out on You Tube "Stand still,be fit" a series he did many years ago in the UK.

I have watched the entire series. Is this the basic material of "The Way of Energy?" If so, I won't bother with the book.

No the book goes into greater depth and has also been very well produced. It includes a version of the Eight Strands of the Broccade exercises involving a way of practising them that I have not seen elsewhere.

Anyone interested in Standing Practice would also do well to look at Master Lams "The Way of Power" This book further develops the Standing Stake exercises.

• Like 1

No the book goes into greater depth and has also been very well produced. It includes a version of the Eight Strands of the Broccade exercises involving a way of practising them that I have not seen elsewhere.

Anyone interested in Standing Practice would also do well to look at Master Lams "The Way of Power" This book further develops the Standing Stake exercises.

Thank you for that. I was looking for theory that could contribute to my understanding of my Nei kung practice and the manipulation of energy. http://www.neikung.com/neikung.shtml

I believe that Master Chu's Nei kung is sufficient for me at this time, and probably has similar goals to the 8 Brocade work. Including the Brocades would be too much and not possible with my time constraints anyway.

Regards,

Scott

As of Friday, Feb. 17 @ 8am PST, there are two copies available on Amazon for $2.20!! Act fast!

Just curious - they were sold in one day! Were Bums the ones who bought them?

Sign in to follow this