Jamyang Dorje

Ping Heng Gong

As a nature loving tree hugger, I'm very drawn to Ping Heng Gong (tree chi kung) after hearing about it from a few folks from the Longmen Pai.

Any Tao Bums practice it that would be willing to share the basic details of the practice? I have a particularly juicy tree in mind that I would love to practice with. Help a brother out :D

I think Ya Mu teaches a form of Tree Qigong in his Stillness Movement classes, it might have been talked about before but I would be interested in anyones experiences.

I often wonder if trees don't get the credit they deserve, for example Buddha gained enlightenment under a tree, Newton came up with his main ideas under a tree, there are probably other examples, I know some Shaman say the trees are the master plant teachers, maybe the trees had a bigger influence than people think in all this :ninja:

Edited by Jetsun
  • Like 2

I know Master Lam writes about it in Way of Energy.

I have direct experience with it from taking one of Ya Mu's workshops. I haven't tried it since though.

The thing is I don't know if you can "just" do it, since at the workshop your energy level increases A LOT because of the master being there.

It can be dangerous if you are stuck in the tree. I think Ya Mu has mentioned it somewhere here on TTB.

EDIT:

Link here http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/17819-do-trees-ground-energy/page__view__findpost__p__249922

Edited by chris d

I am pretty sure that the majority of the "popular" Qigong theories are made up by cheaters who are so-called Qigong masters.

Edited by Lao Tzu
  • Like 1

Lao Tzu:

If you have nothing interesting to share than your silly remarks, please go away.

You think it is silly, but I don't.

So... :rolleyes:

You think it is silly, but I don't.

So... :rolleyes:

Everyone except you thinks it's silly

You are a textbook example of how to make an enemy out of yourself

Take this more seriously and show us what you know

• Like 6

I think it is just a cheater theory.

If you haven't tried it how can you know?

Plants may have more to teach you than you can possibly imagine, but if you are already closed off and your cup is full then you won't learn a single thing

• Like 1

As a nature loving tree hugger, I'm very drawn to Ping Heng Gong (tree chi kung) after hearing about it from a few folks from the Longmen Pai.

Any Tao Bums practice it that would be willing to share the basic details of the practice? I have a particularly juicy tree in mind that I would love to practice with. Help a brother out :D

Ping Heng Gong: 平衡功/Balance method.

The reason it was called "Tree Hugger" is because one stands at Zuan Zhuang position with the hands forming a circle seems like hugging a tree.

The original thought in Chinese was holding an urn. It described as "embracing an urn". Basically, it is Zhan Zhuang(站樁). I believe "Tree hugger" was another fancy name was given to it.

Edited by ChiDragon

Everyone except you thinks it's silly

You are a textbook example of how to make an enemy out of yourself

Take this more seriously and show us what you know

Do not say everyone, because you do not know that. :)

I can not show you what I know in a short time. I hope I can do that gradually.

If you haven't tried it how can you know?

Plants may have more to teach you than you can possibly imagine, but if you are already closed off and your cup is full then you won't learn a single thing

There are lots of things which we can know it is not true even if we did not try it.

For such a theory, I have never seen it in the sages books, but seen it in chinese cheaters' theories.

I think it is just a cheater theory.

--- Moderator's Warning ---

Yes, we all know what you think by now, but you do need to stop posting one-sentence inflammatory snides of no substance which have been your main contribution to date. This forum has a no-trolling policy. Please abide by our rules or earn yourself a suspension. Do not attempt to have another argument with me over this, just abide by our guidelines. Last warning.

• Like 9

There are lots of things which we can know it is not true even if we did not try it.

For such a theory, I have never seen it in the sages books, but seen it in chinese cheaters' theories.

Lao Tzu...

You are making too many general statements here in the forum. I know what you are talking about. However, this is not the way to talk to Westerners. They Like to deal with ideas that are presented more specific. Even though you knew that is a known fact in your mind, but you must have something to sustain your statement in order to be more convincing.

PS....

This was learned from the past experience.

• Like 1

--- Moderator's Warning ---

Yes, we all know what you think by now, but you do need to stop posting one-sentence inflammatory snides of no substance which have been your main contribution to date. This forum has a no-trolling policy. Please abide by our rules or earn yourself a suspension. Do not attempt to have another argument with me over this, just abide by our guidelines. Last warning.

OKOK, I will try to do that.:)

But you know, it is so difficult to attest my opinions. The reason is that the Qigong theory doesn't based on objectives, but feelings and subjectives.

I just want to protect the innocent people from being deceived, and let the cheaters fail.

Lao Tzu...

You are making too many general statements here in the forum. I know what you are talking about. However, this is not the way to talk to Westerners. They Like to deal with ideas that are presented more specific. Even though you knew that is a known fact in your mind, but you must have something to sustain your statement in order to be more convincing.

PS....

This was learned from the past experience.

Thank you for your suggestions.

But you know, it is so difficult to attest my opinions. The reason is that the Qigong theory doesn't based on objectives, but feelings and subjectives.

I just want to protect the innocent people from being deceived, and let the cheaters fail.

It is not your job. You can't convince the people to do that. Did you see how many times you had failed...???

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

evergreens are good. whichever tree you choose do so when the tree still has green leafs on. face the side of the tree where the sun is shining onto the tree. do the tree qigong before noon. use your lao gongs to scan the tree for where you feel the most energy and then begin your qigong session with palms aimed at those places of the tree. of course maintain your proper qigong structure. if there are roots from the tree that you can stand on, do so.

always introduce yourself to the tree and ask humbly for permission to exchange energy with it.

• Like 3

It is not your job. You can't convince the people to do that. Did you see how many times you had failed...???

I knew I would fail when I post here first time.

I just want to show them an idea, and hoping they will recall my words when they realize they have been deceived someday.

I knew I would fail when I post here first time.

I just want to show them an idea, and hoping they will recall my words when they realize they have been deceived someday.

People will listen and consider your ideas if you give some good reasons.

Just posting one line opinions isn't going to help anyone, your approach comes off as very blunt and childish.

• Like 1

People will listen and consider your ideas if you give some good reasons.

Just posting one line opinions isn't going to help anyone, your approach comes off as very blunt and childish.

Yes, you are right. Thank you.

Lao Tzu , interesting name by the way. maybe you could start your own threads to express your views and ideas and not try to derail others threads? here is a thread about two of my favorite topics Trees and Qigongs

and how there are tree qigongs.

Jamyang Dorje has sincerely started this thread looking for other bums' ideas and experiences. i look forward to hearing others views, there are also similar past threads on this topic that the Op may want to search for.

i have yet to meet a cheater tree in my life. and myself and many others here have personal testimony that qigong has been of great benefit to our health.

• Like 2

Thank you for your cooperation.

You know, it's a great idea to protect people who have asked for protection, not so great when you try to patronize practitioners with (sometimes) years or even decades of practice experience. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

E.g., I have learned from taoist masters who are most decisively not "cheaters," have benefited from practicing what they taught me, keep practicing, and keep gaining experience that makes it absolutely redundant to ask someone else who is not practicing this what they think of what they don't have any exposure to. My teachers are most decisively not cheaters, as I told you before, and I don't particularly care for empty accusations. If someone -- a master you can name -- cheated you, please describe how exactly. (No, charging money for instruction does not qualify, unless you were given a fraudulent price and then charged something that was not stipulated in advance.)

In fact, why don't you ASK instead of TELLING when we're dealing with subjects others are directly familiar with and you only "think" something about them without any exposure? This could benefit both parties. You stand a chance to find out what else people might be getting from certain teachers and practices besides confirmations of their gullibility, inability do form adequate judgments, and the rest of what you think the rest of us are about. While those of us who have something tangible to talk about will be grateful for a chance to share some of the knowledge of the subjects we love, which is always a pleasure. THEN you can doubt what we have to say, ask questions, express concerns, cite your sources, ask more questions... in other words, communicate. How's that for a new and improved plan of your participation? :)