Harmonious Emptiness

2012 Re-Birth "Re_naissance"

Throughout history, humanity has gone through numerous renaissance, (naissance=birth). I'd say communications technology has been the most recent transformation. Travel technology before that. Science before that with electricity and chemistry.

Medicine has been evolving steadily, but it still has lots of potential to continue, both in technology and working with nature instead of only modern science.

Discoveries have been made in very short time-spans, and the world is now listening to the same voice as cultures are finally open to each others ideas (if you see further than the hijacked tele-vision screen). The Harlem Rennaisance, 50's and 60's, and continued today, Earth People have made unprecedented progress in clearing away racial barriers, allowing ancient knowledges to intermix...

Music has taken on a new level of social power and influence, that one's musical taste now defines a teenager's social identity more than their race, religion, class, or country of origin, in many Western high schools.

The music also allows for all nationalities and cultures into each others hearts, mixing elements from African, East Indian (psychedelic guitar=blues+sitar influence), European (classical harmony, song writing composition), Middle Eastern (Cuban music has some Islamic roots as well, giving it more of a downbeat, and funk (and thereby rock) drumming learned a lot from conga rhythms ;)). There is basically no limit to the sounds we can make to create this music of the world too, given technology in electronic sound manipulations.

Power engineering is appearing to have the potential for unlimited free energy if it would ever be allowed within the next, say, 20 years (now that 10s or 100s of thousands of people know about it).

So, there have been renaissances of different sorts every 20 or 30 years for the past 350 or so. How should we be enjoying our rebirth for the next 8 years?

Music has taken on a new level of social power and influence, that one's musical taste now defines a teenager's social identity more than their race, religion, class, or country of origin, in many Western high schools.

from my own insight it looks like the new spiritual age will evolve in several directions at once with different types of genius centered mostly either in the mind -spiritual technology, heart -avatars, or body -return to agricultural (earth oneness) and a mix of all three in some areas.

Throughout history, humanity has gone through numerous renaissance, (naissance=birth). I'd say communications technology has been the most recent transformation. Travel technology before that. Science before that with electricity and chemistry.

Medicine has been evolving steadily, but it still has lots of potential to continue, both in technology and working with nature instead of only modern science.

Discoveries have been made in very short time-spans, and the world is now listening to the same voice as cultures are finally open to each others ideas (if you see further than the hijacked tele-vision screen). The Harlem Rennaisance, 50's and 60's, and continued today, Earth People have made unprecedented progress in clearing away racial barriers, allowing ancient knowledges to intermix...

The music also allows for all nationalities and cultures into each others hearts, mixing elements from African, East Indian (psychedelic guitar=blues+sitar influence), European (classical harmony, song writing composition), Middle Eastern (Cuban music has some Islamic roots as well, giving it more of a downbeat, and funk (and thereby rock) drumming learned a lot from conga rhythms ;)). There is basically no limit to the sounds we can make to create this music of the world too, given technology in electronic sound manipulations.

Power engineering is appearing to have the potential for unlimited free energy if it would ever be allowed within the next, say, 20 years (now that 10s or 100s of thousands of people know about it).

So, there have been renaissances of different sorts every 20 or 30 years for the past 350 or so. How should we be enjoying our rebirth for the next 8 years?

The fusion concept is the destruction of traditional non-western cultures through their assimilation by Western genocidal expansion. 30,000 kids starve to death every day. The earth is experiencing a global extinction crisis. There's 20 years left of fresh water on the planet.

Technology is taking over as the number cause of job loss through automation.

People are brainwashed into being blissful idiots. http://nonduality.com/hempel.htm is my summary of how music theory is the secret means to understand the future of the planet.

I have a book on this -- 725 scholarly footnotes -- you can download at http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com for free.

Yep it's radical. That's my viewpoint. Have fun with it. haha.

from my own insight it looks like the new spiritual age will evolve in several directions at once with different types of genius centered mostly either in the mind -spiritual technology, heart -avatars, or body -return to agricultural (earth oneness) and a mix of all three in some areas.

That's true, it probably will evolve in more than one or a few directions.

What do you mean exactly by Avatars here?

The fusion concept is the destruction of traditional non-western cultures through their assimilation by Western genocidal expansion. 30,000 kids starve to death every day. The earth is experiencing a global extinction crisis. There's 20 years left of fresh water on the planet.

Technology is taking over as the number cause of job loss through automation.

People are brainwashed into being blissful idiots. http://nonduality.com/hempel.htm is my summary of how music theory is the secret means to understand the future of the planet.

I have a book on this -- 725 scholarly footnotes -- you can download at http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com for free.

Yep it's radical. That's my viewpoint. Have fun with it. haha.

You seem to be thinking in the narrow scope of the past though. Yes, cultural fusion has actually been assimilation to Western culture at the expense of others. But, we are starting to see more of a new culture that incorporates what it can learn from other cultures, including shamanism and world views and wisdoms of these cultures, incoporating these into the goals and values of a new society which is open to new members, while not seeking to destroy its various roots at the same time.

Fresh water pollution has a lot to do with our energy sources, so I think this issue can be cleared up with new energy sources as well.

btw, I'm not looking for a huge political debate, but a forward thinking discussion of where humanity can go from where we are and what we have, and what we can do now with what have, where we are, and what our goals are given the knowledge we have acquired in learning from so many civilizations, including modern science, technology, and ecology both ancient, modern, and arising.

You seem to be thinking in the narrow scope of the past though. Yes, cultural fusion has actually been assimilation to Western culture at the expense of others. But, we are starting to see more of a new culture that incorporates what it can learn from other cultures, including shamanism and world views and wisdoms of these cultures, incoporating these into the goals and values of a new society which is open to new members, while not seeking to destroy its various roots at the same time.

Fresh water pollution has a lot to do with our energy sources, so I think this issue can be cleared up with new energy sources as well.

btw, I'm not looking for a huge political debate, but a forward thinking discussion of where humanity can go from where we are and what we have, and what we can do now with what have, where we are, and what our goals are given the knowledge we have acquired in learning from so many civilizations, including modern science, technology, and ecology both ancient, modern, and arising.

I think http://linktv.org has great information on the future of humanity but it's still not radical enough. 2 billion people live on 2 dollars a day. So that's almost one third of humanity -- we just hit seven billion people on the planet.

So I lived on five dollars a day spending money for food and expenses for about 10 years in the U.S. I relied on dumpster diving for food.

The use of food stamps in the U.S. has shot up.

Also Walmart and Target, etc. are now donating more of their food to food shelves. When I worked in a food warehouse the owner had got busted for secretly smuggling in cocaine in the banana shipments - according to my coworker. It seemed like a mafia connection. Anyway we were throwing out a lot of food -- fresh fruit - it was a fruit warehouse. I had quit the job but I sent the owner a letter recommending he donate the food to a food shelf and then he could take a tax deduction and also get good p.r. He took up the offer. haha.

But consider Cargill the largest private corporation in the world -- controlling the food supply in 100 countries -- dominating it. This is how the U.S. empire works. People are very naive about the real world. Because of Cargill the farmers are wiped out in other countries and this causes mass starvation. It's not because technology needs to "help" the developing countries.

So it's very easy to have a patronizing viewpoint without being realistic about the history of colonialism that is still going on as neo-colonialism. I have an expose of Cargill -- http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com/2010/12/cargill-our-taxes-global-destruction.html and global destruction. So we can say it should not be political but the personal is political -- starvation is human rights which should not be political.

So a group like Amnesty International claims not to be political yet they very much support U.S. imperialism.

Automation is the number one cause of job loss -- so to say to support better technology is really also a political statement.

I visited the most traditional Berber village in Morocco -- it had been sustainable for thousands of years using humanure for fertilizer and wild sheep were herded -- the clothing was home made and the houses were made from mud adobe. They had beautiful vegetable and wheat farms. When one truck drove past on the new road the government had just put in then all the women in the village raised their fists in the air and screamed at the truck.

That is the future. It is the Ancient Future as Helena Norberge-Hodge calls it in her excellent documentary on Ladakh being destroyed by modernization -- "Little Tibet" -- a traditional Buddhist community in the Himalayas. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7846941319183318053

the glaciers are melting. Technology won't save humans. Technology is taking over humanity. haha.

Just study quantum chaos -- what is quantum chaos as a science.

http://www.breakingopenthehead.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396 Thanks for bringing me back to quotes I made of Strogatz - a top quantum chaos scientist! I had forgotten I had extracted those quotes. But check out this quote Strogatz makes:

In my own field of complex systems theory, Stephen Wolfram has emphasized that there are simple computer programs, known as cellular automata, whose dynamics can be so inscrutable that there's no way to predict how they'll behave; the best you can do is simulate them on the computer, sit back, and watch how they unfold. Observation replaces insight. Mathematics becomes a spectator sport.

If this is happening in mathematics, the supposed pinnacle of human reasoning, it seems likely to afflict us in science too, first in physics and later in biology and the social sciences (where we're not even sure what's true, let alone why).

When the End of Insight comes, the nature of explanation in science will change forever. We'll be stuck in an age of authoritarianism, except it'll no longer be coming from politics or religious dogma, but from science itself.

Edited by fulllotus
  • Like 1

@ full lotus

Interesting, but you seem to be thinking with your lower chakra right now, I'm just getting fear and doom from you, rather than forward thinking solutions. Sure, mention the past or present, but what can we do about it. I don't really care about what we can't do about it. Focusing on the shitstorm only keeps you from talking about solutions. Yes, know the past or be doomed to repeat it, but lets talk about what we're going to do differently, no?

edit to add: from talking about solutions

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness
  • Like 2

"btw, I'm not looking for a huge political debate, but a forward thinking discussion of where humanity can go from where we are and what we have, and what we can do now with what have, where we are, and what our goals are given the knowledge we have acquired in learning from so many civilizations, including modern science, technology, and ecology both ancient, modern, and arising."

very refreshing! :) and i am interested on how we can lean forward with the resources and tools we have.

and also when i started actively participating here on TTB i was hoping there would be a return of DrewHempel.

"So I lived on five dollars a day spending money for food and expenses for about 10 years in the U.S. I relied on dumpster diving for food."

impressive accomplishment and i am thinking you are a city dweller? i have gone from october 2008 until now

on about 3 grand and i acquired and maintain a house and i am constantly traveling the southland. of course i live in the rural countryside which i feel gives me certain advantages. but the point is (i think) these types of things are possible and can be done.

i did draw financial aid for college one semester. but otherwise no assistance from any government.(no food stamps etc) i relied on foraging for wild herbs and giving free qigong lessons.

• Like 1

i have gone from october 2008 until now

on about 3 grand and i acquired and maintain a house and i am constantly traveling the southland. of course i live in the rural countryside which i feel gives me certain advantages. but the point is (i think) these types of things are possible and can be done.

i did draw financial aid for college one semester. but otherwise no assistance from any government.(no food stamps etc) i relied on foraging for wild herbs and giving free qigong lessons.

Yes, I think this kind of autonomous living is going to be a large swing in the future, or I hope it does, that's for sure. The fact you acquired a house, seemingly without a mortgage, though, that is an uncommon characteristic here..

Maybe an organic eco-friendly kabutz lifestyle will grow gobally as well?.. Like Jimi Hendrix said when he was invited to England "as long as they have good amplifiers."

Yes, I think this kind of autonomous living is going to be a large swing in the future, or I hope it does, that's for sure. The fact you acquired a house, seemingly without a mortgage, though, that is an uncommon characteristic here..

Maybe an organic eco-friendly kabutz lifestyle will grow gobally as well?.. Like Jimi Hendrix said when he was invited to England "as long as they have good amplifiers."

yes i got the house under special circumstances altho it was foretold to be by the I Ching. it was hit by a flood in may 2010 and i was the only one willing to give it the tlc and nourishment that it needed to go on.

yep, i also rely on the I Ching.

• Like 1

yes i got the house under special circumstances altho it was foretold to be by the I Ching. it was hit by a flood in may 2010 and i was the only one willing to give it the tlc and nourishment that it needed to go on.

yep, i also rely on the I Ching.

Wow, amazing. Can I ask which translation of the I Ching you consult? What question did you ask preceding this result? Please PM me if you don't want to publish it..

"btw, I'm not looking for a huge political debate, but a forward thinking discussion of where humanity can go from where we are and what we have, and what we can do now with what have, where we are, and what our goals are given the knowledge we have acquired in learning from so many civilizations, including modern science, technology, and ecology both ancient, modern, and arising."

very refreshing! :) and i am interested on how we can lean forward with the resources and tools we have.

and also when i started actively participating here on TTB i was hoping there would be a return of DrewHempel.

"So I lived on five dollars a day spending money for food and expenses for about 10 years in the U.S. I relied on dumpster diving for food."

impressive accomplishment and i am thinking you are a city dweller? i have gone from october 2008 until now

Yeah that was when I lived in the city. I am a country boy who lived in the city. haha. Born and raised in the city. But now I live in the country. I am clearing ten acres of forest of the invasive European buckthorn -- brought here by the genocidal colonizers who had a bounty on the Dakota native american indigenous -- driving them out of the state. Yes the Dakota have returned to Minnesota thankfully and are fighting to get back their land and to expose the genocide against them! Minnesota had a concentration camp at the junction of the Mississippi and Minnesota river - the sacred origin of the world for the Dakota! But 1200 Dakota were kept there after a forced march across the winter of minnesota -- and then hundreds died there in the camp over the winter and also were tossed out the packed railroad cars when forced out of the state onto reservations.

Ah but that was way back in 1862 -- where the largest mass hanging in the U.S. occurred in Mankato minnesota of 38 Dakota men and when Chunyi Lin went there to teach qigong to old people Chunyi Lin saw these giant spirits that were stern and dangerous -- guarding the place. He asked his friend what happened there and he learned of the mass hanging. Chunyi Lin said he didn't dare tell anyone about the spirits that were huge and stern -- watching over him while he taught qigong. He had to be very careful.

Yeah the past and the future -- how amazingly they interweave with precognitive visions! When I was doing serious earth first activism I had a dream that came true three years later -- a dream that was more real than being awake! I wrote it down and wrote I thought it would come true. Then I forgot about it until three years later when I saw a photo of my earth first friends with Native Americans -- Dakota -- standing on the roof of a house -- holding a banner -- to protect a wooded area in the city. It was the last remnant of original Big Woods (maple-basswood) in the Twin Cities Minnesota and also the most sacred area for the Dakota. Also that land is still owned by the Dakota -- the 1805 treaty was illegal and invalid.

Ah by that's the past. Let's not dwell on the past when we have such a bright future! haha.

Nah I say the eternal present is the real deal. haha. So anyway now I do humanure compost - ah but dwelling in my own shit is not a solution is it? YES IT IS! haha. When I visited the most traditional Berber village they relied on humanure to feed themselves -- to grow their vegetables and wheat -- to transform the desert soil into fertile farming.

Yeah so now I do humanure compost as my ancient futures salute to the Berber women I met who all raised their fists and shouted when one truck drove by on the new gravel road put in by the government of Morocco. Ah by that was the past -- 1997 - or was it thousands of years ago -- a sustainable culture for thousands of years. Nah now it's being "modernized" -- haha.

Modernized -- in 500 years genocide has wiped out half of the world's human languages. Ah but let's not dwell on that except that hundreds of languages are going extinct right now. Ah but that's the past. I mean it was the past when I just typed it. Right. haha.

Anyway so I am gardening with my new humanure compost that I also make using biochar -- charcoal that has micropores for the bacteria to live in and was the secret of how the Indians lived and farmed in the Amazon since the soil there has no nutrients since it gets sucked into the trees as the turn over rate is so fast for decay in the forest.

Yeah so I turn the evil invasive buckthorn into biochar and mix it with my humanure crap and urine and let it compost and it turns into amazing fertile miracle goodness. then I plant seeds to grow food.

I am also planting trees and bushes for nuts and fruits. So my family thinks its foolish but I say -- hey with 7 billion people on the planet the more food the better.

There is a new program in the Twin Cities minnesota to plant fruit trees and donate the fruit to food shelves! Yeah why not? haha.

So hopefully in five years there will be chestnuts on our land of ten acres but it should only take me two more years to clear the buckthorn and then I'll probably get kicked out by the females living off their spouses' money. haha.

It costs $3000 an acre to remove buckthorn and it's a four year project -- but I'm just using hand tools - -a pick axe and hand saw -- no nasty chemicals that kill the bacteria of the forest.

I am also harvest mushrooms -- I ate seven different kind so far including Amanita Muscaria! haha. The Soma! Right in our forest -- amazing since it's not known for Minnesota.

Yeah we also have the rare Hooded Warbler in our forest -- only three known sites have reproduction in Minnesota. And we had a nest on our land but I couldn't find any new baby bird hatchling brood yet. Last summer just the male returned and called in the high trees looking for a female. Ah well - they spend the winter in Cozumel off the Yucatan Peninsula -- which ironically is where my parents went for their honeymoon in 1965 and returned many times -- probably a dozen. haha. I went there once and snorkeled for six hours a day. Awesome.

Yeah last night I dreamt I was underwater with this beautiful young female who had been my coworker and she said my eyes were so bright green and I said - -it's because I eat spirulina all the time. haha. Spirulina is amazing stuff -- I mean it converts -- it's the secret real source for OIL.

Just think the world is running out of oil - -but they are starting to make oil out of spirulina because algae is the real source for oil anyway. But still this whole biofuel thing is a scam - there is professor at Cornell who figured out that -- what was the figure -- something like all the solar energy on the planet that creates the energy of plants would only supply two days worth of oil use for current use. Something like that. In other words there's absolutely no way we can replace our extraction of millions of years of stored oil energy with biofuels or solar energy -- to make hydrogen and electricity, etc. http://www.grist.org/article/philpott2 Oh it's David Pimentel - -he says photovoltaics collect ten times more energy than plants do from the sun.... so anyway electricity though is not oil.

Nope humans are just sucking up millions of years of energy from life on the planet -- for what -- a fun ride that's what. haha.

...When I was doing serious earth first activism... ...holding a banner -- to protect a wooded area in the city... ...It was the last remnant of original Big Woods...

...So anyway now I do humanure compost...

...I turn the evil invasive buckthorn into biochar and mix it with my humanure crap and urine and let it compost and it turns into amazing fertile miracle goodness. then I plant seeds to grow food.

...I am also planting trees and bushes for nuts and fruits. So my family thinks its foolish but I say -- hey with 7 billion people on the planet the more food the better...

...I am also harvest mushrooms -- I ate seven different kind so far including Amanita Muscaria! haha. The Soma! Right in our forest -- amazing since it's not known for Minnesota...

Its good to hear that you do something useful alongside all that time sitting in lotus :)

Respek!

It will be a lot easier to become immortal in the upcoming years

This year will be perfect for it will all the scared people, I think it's the perfect time for a big push and I'm not sure what will happen if the chance this year is missed

That's why I deleted Taoist Yoga shortly after you gave it to me fulllotus, sorry ^_^

It fueled my confidence thought

Some things here in Aus, is we are we are starting a campaign to change Zoning laws to allow proper Eco-villages to be built... [crucial in my book]

And we wish to start the proceedings, to get Earthships and other ecofriendly houses allowed to be built.

And I contributed an idea to some friends who are busy creating Eco Tags, for a 'Built To Last' tag which means that Items that are totally free of planned obsolescence tech may Use it as a badge of honour...

I think something like that should be done in every country if we want to reach a resource based economy...

I also like the Idea of new forms of criminal charge, as in:

Judge- "You sir are found Guilty of Crimes against the Earth"

Accused- "But I was only head ceo at shell for 30 years!"

or:

Judge- Your organisation sir, is found guilty of Crimes against Humanity

Accused- "The Coca-cola cane fields in Columbia are ours damn it! we have every right to hire death squads to murder the people and their families who try to organise unions for the workers!"

Our world and its businesses need some serious accountability, starting yesterday...

• Like 1

Its good to hear that you do something useful alongside all that time sitting in lotus :)

Respek!

Yeah I was a full time radical progressive activist -- got arrested some seven times for civil disobedience protesting against the Machine of nuclear depleted uranium and radiation from power plants and ELF waves from nuclear sub trident missile communication systems and highway expansions and against genocide in Iraq from U.S. imperialism and lots of stuff.

I lead a campaign to get the U of Minnesota to divest $1.5 million from Total Oil for using slave labor in Burma and then led a campaign to get the U of MN to join the Workers Rights Consortium against the Nike sweatshop empire. That was volunteer work but didn't make me popular with the powers that be.

Then I worked in an enviro non-profit part time for ten years while reading one scholarly book a day in full lotus and dumpster diving for food and bicycle for transportation. haha. I posted all my research online and got critical feedback from the peanut gallery from all over the world and then I compiled it into a book for free download at http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com

Now am a full lotus computer forest farm hermit.

Some things here in Aus, is we are we are starting a campaign to change Zoning laws to allow proper Eco-villages to be built... [crucial in my book]

And we wish to start the proceedings, to get Earthships and other ecofriendly houses allowed to be built.

And I contributed an idea to some friends who are busy creating Eco Tags, for a 'Built To Last' tag which means that Items that are totally free of planned obsolescence tech may Use it as a badge of honour...

I think something like that should be done in every country if we want to reach a resource based economy...

I also like the Idea of new forms of criminal charge, as in:

Judge- "You sir are found Guilty of Crimes against the Earth"

Accused- "But I was only head ceo at shell for 30 years!"

or:

Judge- Your organisation sir, is found guilty of Crimes against Humanity

Accused- "The Coca-cola cane fields in Columbia are ours damn it! we have every right to hire death squads to murder the people and their families who try to organise unions for the workers!"

Our world and its businesses need some serious accountability, starting yesterday...

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/coca-cola-case/ Here's the expose on Coke using murder, etc. like the U.S. fascist regimes in Latin America, etc. working with the Nazis.

Here's my expose letter I researched and wrote -- exposing the evils of Coca cola -- had published - http://www.mndaily.com/1998/04/03/letters-editor?quicktabs_6=2

U should get Coke off campus

I noticed on the first day of the new quarter that one of the Coke banners hanging on the footbridge in front of Coffman Union had disappeared.

At first it seemed a radical step -- possibly to push back an unwarranted corporate signage encroachment. Then I thought that maybe the spirited action was in remembrance of the more than a dozen Guatemalan labor organizers who, like the Coke sign, were also "disappeared" or murdered in a Coke factory during the United States' corporate-led war on Central America's poor in the 1980s.

In light of such a symbolically loaded gesture, students at the University should pay attention to a whole litany of similarly destructive yet largely unknown Coca-Cola initiatives.

Coke is currently a leading sponsor and financial supporter of the ruthless Abacha regime in Nigeria, which has jailed members of the elected government and continues to slaughter indigenous people in the quest for corporate profit. Coke has monocultural Minute-Maid plantations in the once abundantly forested Brazil and Honduras. Coke has held 50,000 acres of Belizean rain forest with the plans to clear-cut it. A Coke bottling plant is polluting the Tiete river in Brazil and Coke is planning another bottling plant in the Sierra Do Japi environmental sanctuary -- also in Brazil.

Coke reneged on the promise it made eight years ago to use recycled plastic in its bottles and now the mega-corporation ignores widespread claims that it's a major factor in the collapse of the soda bottle recycling market.

Around the world Coke has aggressively pushed its unhealthy drinks to the detriment of the poorest people -- an epidemic health problem called "commerciogenic malnutrition." Coca-Cola has been cited by the Federal Trade Commission for misleading advertising.

Students should be especially concerned since Coke already has a history of intimidation of critical thinkers. In Mexico the rector of the University of Queretaro was fired for defending an open-minded professor against attacks by a local Coke affiliate.

In Atlanta in the late 1980s the editor of the Journal-Constitution was forced to resign after a member of the Coke board of directors criticized an article exposing grand jury investigation of Coke's criminal activity. Just recently a high school student was suspended for wearing a Pepsi T-shirt to an Orwellian "School Coke-Day."

All this damning evidence, which is just the tip of the iceberg, strongly suggests that the University is eligible to terminate its Coke contract, since already Coke fails "to perform one or more of its material duties" under the exclusive beverage and sponsorship agreement. That duty is "to enhance the quality of the student experience."

But Coke, through a Minneapolis-based public relations firm, is also pursuing other exclusive campus contracts across the nation. Fortunately many campuses are preventing the further loss of democratic inquiry at their schools.

The supposed $28 million our school is to gain from this deal is very misleading, since more than 50 percent of that amount is in corporate subsidies such as marketing and deductions, including free use of the University's trademark for off-campus Coke promotion. The rest of the money is premised on projected sale increases to Coke's new captive audience of supposed problem solvers.

Here's a noncommercial toast to free thought, health, the environment and labor: Boycott Coke and get Coke off campus!

Drew Hempel,graduate student,liberal studies

Edited by fulllotus

It's terrible what people can get away with, all this crap on the news - you never see anything about this - i've never heard of it until now. What action can be taken to stop it? Just don't drink the products?

i am interested in what the "full lotus computer forest farm hermit" has to share about mushrooms.

my life long passion is with wild herbs. my next passion may be with mycology. from my limited experience with them

i am amazed at how powerful and beneficial they really are. i occasionally run across the amanita muscaria here in my local woods.

@ Harmonious Emptiness, i use the wilhelm translation. i have also benefitted from a couple of books by Da Liu.

other translations and works about the I Ching have been recommended

to me here from various bums. i feel the I Ching realizes my (lower) level of competency and finds a way to communicate with me

in a way that i understand. it kinda needs to be blunt with me sometimes.

i share Seth Ananda's vision of an ethical pro-eco world that is not corrupted by the greed of a select few.

i share Seth Ananda's vision of an ethical pro-eco world that is not corrupted by the greed of a select few.

somewhat understanding the nature of man and greed, I dont share the same optimism of it at all, though I am absolutely in favor of the practical things mentioned - the greed of a select few are already working against the greed of other select fews, etc.

" the greed of a select few are already working against the greed of other select fews, etc."

i am most thankful that i do not have the traits of greed or jealousy or fear.

one of my flaws however is optimism. i remind myself to stay indifferent to it all

but somehow optimism springs up.

we are in a world of competition, i choose only to compete against myself.

i am interested in what the "full lotus computer forest farm hermit" has to share about mushrooms.

my life long passion is with wild herbs. my next passion may be with mycology. from my limited experience with them

i am amazed at how powerful and beneficial they really are. i occasionally run across the amanita muscaria here in my local woods.

@ Harmonious Emptiness, i use the wilhelm translation. i have also benefitted from a couple of books by Da Liu.

other translations and works about the I Ching have been recommended

to me here from various bums. i feel the I Ching realizes my (lower) level of competency and finds a way to communicate with me

in a way that i understand. it kinda needs to be blunt with me sometimes.

Mushrooms are the future and past of the planet and some think they are the secret to alien life. haha. I have not done pscilocybin but I have done DMT plants -- still I will look for pscilocybin in our forest but it's doubtful -- anyway it's amazing how many diverse mushrooms we have in our ten acres of forest. Yeah the Artist Conk is the most common shelf mushroom and it's the equivalent of Reishi -- the Elixir of Immortality in Taoism. Artist Conk tea is a new favorite of mine -- and the stuff is pricey if you buy it. But mushrooms stop the inflammation caused by wheat and grains, etc. Also mushrooms kill cancer and are antibiotic and antiviral. The amanita muscaria is very dangerous -- you have to eat it very slowly so the liver can convert the poison into muscimol which is a GABA substitute as a neurotransmitter. So at first you get real sleepy since GABA inhibits glutamate that in turn regulates adrenaline but then the brain realizes it's not really GABA and so you get a lack of GABA in the brain and the glutamate levels go super high in the body. The sensation is very strong euphoria with no fear -- since GABA is needed to activate the amgydala that creates fear in the brain. So the Vikings took Amanita Muscaria before going into battle -- the Beserkers. I harvested the mushroom after it had dried out while growing -- it changed from red to golden yellow -- so it was less toxic since it had dried which converts the ibotenic acid to muscimol. Still I ate one shroom in one hour -- very slowly -- since I monitored the nausea levels so I wouldn't throw up. Then the euphoria kicked in and I was in a nine hour full lotus bliss state... I blogged on it. http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com/2011/10/hail-soma-amanita-muscaria-documentary.html

Edited by fulllotus

you sat in full lotus for 9 hours? awesome!

i like the pscilocybin ones, always have some around i have traded for.

but i use very very sparingly.

i find the shiitake makes me physically stronger.

i am hoping to begin my reishi adventures soon.

this past year i had morels grow in my yard.

you sat in full lotus for 9 hours? awesome!

i like the pscilocybin ones, always have some around i have traded for.

but i use very very sparingly.

i find the shiitake makes me physically stronger.

i am hoping to begin my reishi adventures soon.

this past year i had morels grow in my yard.

Awesome -- Oh this is my follow up blog post on Amanita Muscaria -- and it's connection to DMT and the "time loop" DMT visions -- Amanita Muscaria does have an MAOI effect to vastly increase the serotonin levels just like DMT, etc.

http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com/2011/10/fly-agaric-loop-as-dmt-dream-state-aka.html

It's terrible what people can get away with, all this crap on the news - you never see anything about this - i've never heard of it until now. What action can be taken to stop it? Just don't drink the products?

Absolutely, just don't drink any of their products, and tell everyone about it, join facebook groups... put up stickers... any other ideas? Spread them!

It doesn't sound like much but public awareness is what these company's are really afraid of, and when they are so powerful that they can tie up someone in a billion dollar 20 year court case for saying something on tv, it comes down to grass roots movements to help educate the populace..

Imagine the outrage if people found out that Coke had been murdering people in a western country? It's weird that its somehow ok when it happens overseas...