SpinningDjinn

What is Wu Wei?

The quantum realization that there is no time, upsets peoples cerebro-centric logic. Light is only a mystery to ordinary people.

Historically, change is a slow, unwelcomed, and ridiculed process. Albert Einstein's revolutionary year of 1905, from which arose the equation E=mc², was not immediately accepted; and what that equation also implies, that mc² < c, continues to be nonsensical to nearly everyone. In other words, after some kicking and screaming, it was agreed that, from our relative point of view, light travels 186k mps; yet light's point

of view continues to be incomprehensible, which is that it travels no distance, in no time, and thus has no need for speed.

"all matter is frozen or slowed down light" David Bohm. He is speaking of the electrodynamic spectrum. What happens to mass if it reached the so-called speed of light? Einstein showed that not only do space and time change as speed increases, so does mass. In the case of mass, however, the change is an increase rather than a decrease; the faster something moves, the greater its mass becomes. The cerebro-centric say if an object were ever to reach the so=called speed of light, its mass would become infinite. However, to move an infinite mass would take an infinite amount of energy–more energy than there is in the entire universe. Thus, how does any phenomena ever attain the speed of light. It doesn't!

Without the stillness of Undivided Light, E=mc² could not be. mc² < c. This is so simple! It should be kindergarten stuff. However, we live in a very ignorant world, where the great majority continue to believe in stuff like god, faith, and conditional love.

Unfortunately, "A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it" Planck

The fact that humanity, and everything in the phenomenal universe, is relatively 186K mps slower than the Stillness of Undivided Light, may take a little longer.

V

The proof of undivided lights existence (if it exists and I think probably does) will not change the human race that significantly, although the scientific applications may be astounding. Spiritually, emotionally, I don't think the impact will be there. If nothing else it may have the exact opposite effect that you think it might have. I'm still not sure how this applies to Wu Wei and yes I've read your explanations. I certainly don't think this was what Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu were talking about.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

The quantum realization that there is no time, upsets peoples cerebro-centric logic. Light is only a mystery to ordinary people.

Historically, change is a slow, unwelcomed, and ridiculed process. Albert Einstein's revolutionary year of 1905, from which arose the equation E=mc², was not immediately accepted; and what that equation also implies, that mc² < c, continues to be nonsensical to nearly everyone. In other words, after some kicking and screaming, it was agreed that, from our relative point of view, light travels 186k mps; yet light's point

of view continues to be incomprehensible, which is that it travels no distance, in no time, and thus has no need for speed.

"all matter is frozen or slowed down light" David Bohm. He is speaking of the electrodynamic spectrum. What happens to mass if it reached the so-called speed of light? Einstein showed that not only do space and time change as speed increases, so does mass. In the case of mass, however, the change is an increase rather than a decrease; the faster something moves, the greater its mass becomes. The cerebro-centric say if an object were ever to reach the so=called speed of light, its mass would become infinite. However, to move an infinite mass would take an infinite amount of energy–more energy than there is in the entire universe. Thus, how does any phenomena ever attain the speed of light. It doesn't!

Without the stillness of Undivided Light, E=mc² could not be. mc² < c. This is so simple! It should be kindergarten stuff. However, we live in a very ignorant world, where the great majority continue to believe in stuff like god, faith, and conditional love.

Unfortunately, "A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it” Planck

The fact that humanity, and everything in the phenomenal universe, is relatively 186K mps slower than the Stillness of Undivided Light, may take a little longer.

V

O.K. so you wrote and published this book? http://www.amazon.com/MC-sup2-3c-Exploring-Freethought/dp/1425136486

Yeah I see what you're saying now -- it's better described by the Law of Phase Harmony that de Broglie discovered. http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com/2010/07/time-of-universe-is-slowing-down.html'>http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com/2010/07/time-of-universe-is-slowing-down.html The paradox in relativity is that as time slows down and space contracts (mass increases) then the frequency increases -- but since time is frequency as vibration this is a paradox. the paradox is solved by quantum mechanics which is the new foundation of physics whereas Einstein still relied on classical physics. So Einstein thought erroneously that light has mass -- he even says light has mass as stated in the new biography of Einstein by Walter Isaacson.

Light has momentum not mass -- so that the paradox of considering light as measured by classical amplitude for mass (space) and time (phase) is incorrect. So when the amplitude is infinite as phase (time slows down by going to infinity and space contracts as infinite mass) then the frequency is zero.

But this frequency - and you refer to Bohm who wrote the book "The Undivided Universe" -- so your constant referral to Undivided Light (and above book on the topic) and your mention of Bohm indicates influence by Bohm. Bohm lifted his model of quantum mechanics directly from de Broglie. Actually there has been a resurgence of de Broglie's model of quantum mechanics -- and Bohm has been surpassed since he was a protege of Einstein and therefore still too classical.

So again this frequency is not light -- this frequency as zero -- no vibration as you have stated -- this zero frequency when the phase of time is infinite amplitude (time spreads out and space contracts as infinite mass) -- this zero frequency is the superliminal pilot wave as consciousness.

So the zero vibration is not light - it is faster-than-light or superliminal consciousness called the pilot wave by de Broglie. Another great quantum physicist who explicates this well -- he just won the Templeton Foundation award -- is Bernard d'Espargat -- so if you read his two quantum mechanic books they are very clear explanations of this otherwise perplexing field.

Wow this looks to be a fascinating book on the topic: http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Relativity-Consciousness-Beyond-ebook/dp/B004TTVXBI

But essentially as you've noted -- because science relies on technology to make the measures then the technology is limited to linear causality. Nevertheless the superlimineal -- faster than light -- pilot wave of consciousness can be logically inferred from the technological experiments.

So G. Nimtz for example in Germany has done the experiments documenting superliminal signals -- but he had to clarify that it still doesn't violate Einstein's relativity relying on classical linear causation. So faster than light signals are well established in science -- only the signal can be read "after the fact" and it's based on quantum entanglement. So quantum entanglement can also be used for encryption of signals -- which is also being done. For quantum computing it is a lot more tricky to do because quantum entanglement is not easy to maintain in a macroquantum state.

But for biological macro states -- like life and organisms -- there is already proven to exist quantum cascades as it enables photosynthesis and also bird navigation using the magnetic fields -- but these things can not be reproduced in a laboratory. So while they are documented to exist they still can only be put into practice as "technology" by biological organisms that naturally evolved these abilities in a holistic fashion. Dr. Mae-Wan Ho is excellent on this topic as is the German doctor Fritz-Albert Popp. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz-Albert_Popp

So my book has more details on this but again the time-frequency uncertainty principle was discovered by Dennis Gabor the creator of the holograph -- the holograph also being the model that Bohm used for his Undivided Universe explanation. What this means is the same as the original Taoist model and Pythagorean model and the three gunas of India -- it is a harmonic oscillation but the process of change is the same. Quantum physics is the opposite extreme of the non-western harmonics -- so there has been a rediscovery of consciousness as the superliminal process that creates light and bends spacetime, enabling precognition, etc.

My book has more details -- http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com for the download.

So V. Marco - what was your UnDivided Light experience like -- maybe you can give us a link online where you have described it more in detail?

So you pulled your light experiment quote from a 2007 post you had online?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/meditationsocietyofamerica/message/15602

The "will" of the Mahasiddhas and Bodhisattvas is in agreement with

the higher collective will. That is to say, at the higher levels of

realization, or uncovering from beliefs, one understands that the

universe is not here for them, but that they are here for the

universe.

I would say that yes, self-consciousness always limits the

manifestation of magick. Whereas magick in cooperation with ocean

upon which our perceived iceberg floats has no limits other than the

laws of duality.

As for the personality that was Crowley, I tend to agree with

Gurdjieff that Crowley didn't get it,...which is to say, his

particular obscurations dulled a clear view of reality, as a

flashlight pressed against the palm of the hand only extends a dim

red glow, not the brilliant light inherent in us all.

We are brighter than a thousand stars.

In 1995, at Stanford University, physicists made two particles of

matter by supercharging a trillion-watt laser through a linear

accelerator. If they had access to all of our sun's power in one

spot, there might have been enough power to make one ounce of matter.

Thus, it would take more than a thousand stars to make the physical

mass of a person. Even then, we are much grander than our physical

vehicles.

:)

Let's look at that experiment again:

The researchers have devised a set of equations that suggest a high-energy laser pulse can rip apart the nothingness of a vacuum, turning it into its constituent particles and antiparticles and setting off a chain reaction that actually generates additional matter-antimatter pairs.

How? When matter and antimatter annihilate each other, gamma photons are produced, and these high-energy particles of light can produce additional electrons and positrons (positrons being the antimatter foil to electrons). But that’s not the whole trick. In a strong laser field, these electrons produced from matter-antimatter annihilation can become a combination of three other particles plus a number of photons.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-12/making-something-nothing-theory-says-matter-can-be-conjured-vacuum

So the light isn't directly creating matter -- but it's more like a feedback process of the vacuum.

O.K. now back to Einstein and de Broglie:

The energy of a photon, the quantum particle of radiant

energy, had been previously been shown by Einstein to be E  hf where f is its

frequency and h is called Planck’s constant, a very small number. De Broglie set the two

energies for a photon and an electron equal, giving hf  mc2 or equivalently f  mc2 / h .

This article considers that matter is made up of light itself....

http://www.superluminalquantum.org/superluminalsummaryFeb2006.pdf

Edited by fulllotus

The proof of undivided lights existence (if it exists and I think probably does) will not change the human race that significantly, although the scientific applications may be astounding. Spiritually, emotionally, I don't think the impact will be there. If nothing else it may have the exact opposite effect that you think it might have. I'm still not sure how this applies to Wu Wei and yes I've read your explanations. I certainly don't think this was what Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu were talking about.

Aaron

If Wu Wei is not Undivided Light, then it is a manifestation of Divided Light and Yang/Yin,...and thus not the Tao. Because Lao Tzu was not using the term Undivided Light, does not imply that Wu wei is not Undivided Light. Likewise with Yang/Yin. Although Buddhist "Form and Empty" are easier to see as synonyms for Divided Light.

Glad you read the explanations,...and hopefully they included the fuller versions from the 'What is Light' thread.

The effect of the recognition of Undivided Light (what is c), provides a ground that uncovers bodhicitta. Undivided Light means that there is no Present in time. Such an understanding leads towards a Humanity that considers "others."

"All the joy the world contains

Has come through wishing happiness for others.

All the misery the world contains

Has come through wanting pleasure for oneself."

Shantideva 8.129

"No! I did not get Undivided Light from Walter Russell"

where did you get it from?

i did read this;

https://www.philosophy.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=82

walter russell is a unique thinker, so was hegel, and now hegel has been rendered obsolete by 20th century physics.

defining matter , either by science or philosophy is problematic (big time).

i am in the camp of folks who feels that light has traveled some 13.7 billion light years since the big bang.

this "event horizon" does expand with time becoz light does move. some galaxies we now observe as flying further away from us.

at some point they will disappear across the event horizon for good. some of the these galaxies seem to be speeding up.

Vmarco i do enjoy your posts and i can almost conceptualize some of the ideas of russell. then i am reminded of eddington, dirac,

planck, gibbons, hawking. entropy does exist.

i would like to recommend the book Information and the Nature of Reality edited by Paul Davies and Henrik Gregersen

http://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/universe.html

The visible universe appears to have a radius of 14 billion light years because the universe is about 14 billion years old. The light from more distant objects simply has not had time to reach us. For this reason everybody in the universe will find themselves at the middle of their own visible universe. The precise scale of the universe is complicated by the fact that the universe is expanding. Galaxies we see near the edge of the visible universe emitted their light when they were much closer to us, and they will now be much further away.

The true size of the universe is probably much larger than the visible universe. The geometry of the universe suggests that it may have an infinite size and that it will expand forever. Even if the universe is not infinite, our visible universe must be a minute speck in a much larger totality.

If Wu Wei is not Undivided Light, then it is a manifestation of Divided Light and Yang/Yin,...and thus not the Tao. Because Lao Tzu was not using the term Undivided Light, does not imply that Wu wei is not Undivided Light. Likewise with Yang/Yin. Although Buddhist "Form and Empty" are easier to see as synonyms for Divided Light.

Glad you read the explanations,...and hopefully they included the fuller versions from the 'What is Light' thread.

The effect of the recognition of Undivided Light (what is c), provides a ground that uncovers bodhicitta. Undivided Light means that there is no Present in time. Such an understanding leads towards a Humanity that considers "others."

"All the joy the world contains

Has come through wishing happiness for others.

All the misery the world contains

Has come through wanting pleasure for oneself."

Shantideva 8.129

VMarco -- you're logical is hilarious.

If Wu Wei is not undivided light -- then it is ....not the Tao..... If Wu Wei is not undivided light does not mean it is necessarily divided light -- that is wrong logic. Wu Wei comes from Emptiness -- Wu Chi. Shen is light as spirit. I've seen ghosts -- spirits -- shen.

I had this discussion with a Chinese evangelical Christian who told me he had seen the light and therefore seen God. I said to him -- God is not a light -- light is shen a spirit. God is not a shen. You can't see God. I.e. God is the Emptiness.

O.K. Vmarco -- someone had a NDE OBE on the CIA-cable show "I Survived: Beyond and Back" and this person was told that the light they saw was not god but the BREATH of God.

I asked if God was the light. And the answer was No God is not the light. The Light is what happens when God breathes. And I distinctly remember thinking I am standing in the breath of God.

Ramana Maharshi states: Consciousness is not light. Light -- "Undivided Light" as you call it -- is just the pristine clarity of the mind. It's still the mind that perceives light - only the mind perceives it more in focus -- more harmonized -- more intense - more synchronized and therefore the light is both a higher frequency and of greater intensity -- i.e. a laser.

But it is the infinite process of complementary opposites that creates light -- we can listen to this process eternally because it listens to us. No One is listening. the process is impersonal -- it creates light, energy, matter, space and time. It can be considered the process of spacetime itself as consciousness.

More on the light creating matter experiment -

This field, Melissinos said, "was so high that the vacuum within the experiment spontaneously broke down, creating real particles of matter and antimatter."

This breakdown of the vacuum by an ultrastrong electromagnetic field was hypothesized in 1950 by Dr. Julian S. Schwinger, who was awarded a Nobel Prize in physics in 1965. The creation of matter by colliding photons of radiation is believed to take place in some stars, but it was never observed in laboratory experiments before, largely because the required energy is beyond the reach of conventional laboratory equipment.

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/exp/e144/nytimes.html So it's not light itself that creates matter -- it's the electromagnetic field interaction with the vacuum.

Edited by fulllotus

Wu Wei comes from Emptiness -- Wu Chi. Shen is light as spirit. I've seen ghosts -- spirits -- shen.

I had this discussion with a Chinese evangelical Christian who told me he had seen the light and therefore seen God. I said to him -- God is not a light -- light is shen a spirit. God is not a shen. You can't see God. I.e. God is the Emptiness.

O.K. Vmarco -- someone had a NDE OBE on the CIA-cable show "I Survived: Beyond and Back" and this person was told that the light they saw was not god but the BREATH of God.

Ramana Maharshi states: Consciousness is not light. Light -- "Undivided Light" as you call it -- is just the pristine clarity of the mind. It's still the mind that perceives light - only the mind perceives it more in focus -- more harmonized -- more intense - more synchronized and therefore the light is both a higher frequency and of greater intensity -- i.e. a laser.

But it is the infinite process of complementary opposites that creates light -- we can listen to this process eternally because it listens to us. No One is listening. the process is impersonal -- it creates light, energy, matter, space and time. It can be considered the process of spacetime itself as consciousness.

Appreciate the dialogue.

As for "Wu Wei comes from Emptiness." Not exactly,...Nether Wu Wei, nor Undivided Light is "empty" in any humanistic sense. The Mountain Doctrine uses the term "Other emptiness."

Phenomena is empty,...the universe is empty,...Wu wei is Presence. It is empty of the conditions of phenomena,...but it is not empty.

Undivided Light is proof that no god, by all accepted definitions, exists. Spirit, or the in-out breath within the universe, does not exist in Undivided Light or Wu Wei. God and light is only mentioned once in canonized Christianity,...in the late 2nd century apology 1John, "God is light and in him is no darkness." That's Yang,...duality's light,...not Undivided Light. Undivided Light cannot be detected with anything attached to the 5 Aggregates. Undivided Light cannot be seen, felt, tasted, heard, touched, or known. The 6 senses cannot experience stillness.

My NDE was different than most in that before the NDE I surrendered all beliefs. I had no expectations, no agenda, no hope, no fear,...I was not hung up with what Robert Monroe called Religious Terminus, or the lower 5th dimension. My experience was that the way of ascension is the reverse of the descension. I realized the Zero-Point of the electrodynamic spectrum, and having unwittingly let go of the Six Senses before hand, accessed the 7th and 8th consciousness', allowing the experience of Undivided Light.

V

Appreciate the dialogue.

As for "Wu Wei comes from Emptiness." Not exactly,...Nether Wu Wei, nor Undivided Light is "empty" in any humanistic sense. The Mountain Doctrine uses the term "Other emptiness."

Phenomena is empty,...the universe is empty,...Wu wei is Presence. It is empty of the conditions of phenomena,...but it is not empty.

Undivided Light is proof that no god, by all accepted definitions, exists. Spirit, or the in-out breath within the universe, does not exist in Undivided Light or Wu Wei. God and light is only mentioned once in canonized Christianity,...in the late 2nd century apology 1John, "God is light and in him is no darkness." That's Yang,...duality's light,...not Undivided Light. Undivided Light cannot be detected with anything attached to the 5 Aggregates. Undivided Light cannot be seen, felt, tasted, heard, touched, or known. The 6 senses cannot experience stillness.

My NDE was different than most in that before the NDE I surrendered all beliefs. I had no expectations, no agenda, no hope, no fear,...I was not hung up with what Robert Monroe called Religious Terminus, or the lower 5th dimension. My experience was that the way of ascension is the reverse of the descension. I realized the Zero-Point of the electrodynamic spectrum, and having unwittingly let go of the Six Senses before hand, accessed the 7th and 8th consciousness', allowing the experience of Undivided Light.

V

So about the accelerating expansion of the universe? A materialist illusion? Is UnDivided Light then an eternal static presence? You said it is not moving. You mention Dark Matter as contraction -- but what about Dark Energy? It's considered to be the quantum vacuum energy creating the expansion of space. So is science just all wrong about this?

I have my own theory that I gave on my blog link -- the accelerating expansion of the universe and the slowing down of time is inversely proportional to the destructive technology used to measure these effects -- so that space is contracting on Earth as technology closes in destroying ecology and time is accelerating as technology speeds everything up.

That which remains unchanged is this process as consciousness -- impersonal, eternal.

Edited by fulllotus

O.K. so if the universe is expanding and light is traveling towards us at a certain speed but we can only see the universe as far as light has traveled to us -- what do you think the universe is that is expanding?

Do you believe in the accelerating expansion of the universe or not?

Also why can light be created from the vacuum? Do you mean that the vacuum is really virtual light that is Undivided but can not be seen?

So virtual light is the true reality - as the Tibetan Buddhists call it Clear Light -- and it does not move?

So is motion an illusion? I disagree with this static view of reality. The process of change does not move but change itself is eternal and the process of change creates light.

The process of change is Emptiness -- not light. Consciousness is not light as Ramana Maharshi said. Light is the breath of God as Pam Reynolds discovered.

So what was your NDE OBE compared to Pam Reynolds? What was the experience like -- leaving your body out of the top of your head like she did? Or....

From my observations (and keep in mind that I majored in Religious Studies, not science), 1. expansion or radiation is faster than contraction or gravity, thus the universe is seen more as expanding, and 2. as we are expanding our looking, we see further, but will never reach an end.

A vacuum is just a physical method for measuring the electrodynamic spectrum (Divided Light). Undivided Light cannot be measured,...only motion can be measured. Virtual Light is not Undivided Light. Virtual implies energy or force,...Undivided Light, like Wu Wei, is still. Virtual light is a projection,...a simulation,..not real light. Undivided Light is "still" in the projector,...as a fulrum is still under the lever of a seesaw. The fulcrum does not "cause", ...but causelessly allows duality to effect its apparent motion.

True reality is in the Present. Divided light is always in the past. The Six Senses can only sense the past. What humanity called the Now, is merely a perceived Now. Only beyond the Six Senses can the Present be observed. Again,...there is no Present, Now, or Instant in time.

As I experienced it, Clear Light as associated with the 8th sense. Whereas white light corresponds to the 7th sense. Undivided Light or Wu Wei would actually be considered as the 9th consciousness, which is dimensionless.

Yes,...I understand that most people consider motion to be real, not an illusion. To further upset this notion of motion, nothing has moved in all eternity. The perception of motion is Divided Light reproducing itself 186k mps. Buddha attempted to teach this many times; and is foundational to the understanding of the term Tathagata.

A Tathagata is one who goes and comes, beyond going and coming, into complete going and coming, where enlightenment is welcomed. It is an understanding of the reverse flow of forward-moving things,...or better said, the reverse flow of forward reproducing things.

I agree that Change is Empty. And that higher consciousness is not Divided Light. The lower consciousness', such as the Six Senses, are totally Divided Light.

Don't know who Pam Reynolds is. I exited the physical form through that which is associted with the thymus gland. It was not a mental experience.

Keep in mind that the human-centric view of a vertical "chakra" system is usually misinterpreted as 7 or 9 vortex points from lower to higher. More correctly, the Chakra system should be viewed in context of Divided Light,...symbolized by the Magen David or Aquarian Star,...that is, two triangles,...a lower and upper of three points each, interconnected by a 7th point,...the 4th chakra. Overlay the chakra system on an electrodynamic templete showing red or low frequency to the left, and violet or high frequency to the right. The Heart chakra (green) is in the middle.

Even more correctly, the chakra system should be view as the nine-interlocking triangles of the Sri Yantra,...the bindu point being the Heart chakra.

Near speed-of-light OBE can be facilitated through color recognition,...that is, reds/oranges are associated with moving towards; while violet/blues are moving away.

The ONLY way to Clear Light is through Green, when balanced harmoneously with Red and Violet. The so-called 7th or thousand petal crown chakra is a dead-end for anyone attached to the idea of using the 7th as a fulcrum or stepping stone to higher consciousness. The ONLY fulcrum to Higher Consciousness is through the 4th,...the Heart Center.

To go beyond the Green Ray, there must be a harmonic balanced interchange between the 5th, 6th, and 7th, and the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd,...only then is the threshold available to Clear Light. Even the MesoAmerican Maya appeared to recognize this, in that god 7 (the Heart chakra) has 3 balance three points,...and thus the awareness of 9. Nine is the number of Divided Light. Nothing in the universe is greater or less than Nine.

As I broached this larger subject,....in reverse: Clear light descends (condenses, conveges, inhales, charges, accumulates, moves towards time), unfolding through the Green Ray,...the one without a twin, and the Green splits into Red and Violet,...thus the 3 zero planes of physical reality. As the Green Ray splits, there is also, simultaneously, the manifestation of the other rays, which on an ennegram are 142875.

In respect to the enneagramic model, the 4th chakra is point 9,...the 1st chakra is point 6, and the 7th chakra is point 3.

There is no manifestation of matter before nine, nor is there any manifestation beyond nine. Everything in nature must add up to nine, no more, no less. In Mayan culture, this is symbolically seen through the cosmology recorded in the Popol Vuh. The creative force within duality arises through the perceived separation from zero. To create progeny, the nine gods, that is the six lesser or boundary gods who rule the six convex planes (enneagram 142875), and god seven (enneagram 936), the three aspects of zero, must work as one to propagate the many.

V

So about the accelerating expansion of the universe? A materialist illusion? Is UnDivided Light then an eternal static presence? You said it is not moving. You mention Dark Matter as contraction -- but what about Dark Energy? It's considered to be the quantum vacuum energy creating the expansion of space. So is science just all wrong about this?

No,...I find science continually verifying my direct experiences. Dark Energy is expanding/radiative,...it's the Yin aspect of the manifest. Dark Matter is moving/gravitating towards form. Dark Energy is the cycle of sphere/particle to torus/wave. Dark Matter is the cycle of torus/wave to sphere/particle.

Is the manifest universe a "materialists illusion?' Of course! Divided Light does not exist.

The cyclical movement of Divided Light arises from the perceived separation from Undivided Light. The condition of Divided Light wants union or unity with Undivided Light,...which can NEVER occur, because Undivided Light is Unconditional. The only "reconnecting" of Divided Light with Undivided Light occurs through the dissolution of Divided Light,...that is to say, Wholeness is beyond the sum of opposites.

Let me put that another way,...Divided Light see light moving 186k mps,...where from Undivided Light's point of view (the view of the thing being observed) it travels no distance, in no time, and thus has no need for speed.

V

This is a great debate about Wu Wei. I am new to this site and have really enjoyed the discussions here - thank you. Here is my view of Wu Wei through my own practice, for what it's worth.

As I was reading this thread I was thinking "to me, Wu Wei is about being rather than doing" then I saw the same comment from Cat. It seems to me that Wu Wei is being expressed all the time in nature. If you just sit and observe nature (sorry if you've read this in another response) you can sense the stillness of animals even when they are moving. To me although the Tao does not move there is in a sense an original movement because when you observe nature you notice that even while 'doing' animals and plants are essentially settled and still. The way things appear to us to change is gradual and slow to come to be - even things like earthquakes that appear to occur suddenly have slowly come to be. So, Wu Wei, means to my practice, to maintain action through the heart of stillness and to be in-step with the natural way of the world.

When this occurs there is definitely a sense of when and how to act because there is a greater awareness of the expression of the Creative, of the Sacred, it reminds me of the Buddhist concept of mindfulness - to be present in the moment of Buddha-Nature its expression and natural way of being. When we are tranquil and quiet our slowness begins to feel like a flow 'with' the natural way.

All things seem to be doing the same thing - other than man - when we stop doing we start noticing.

Heath

Edited by Wayfarer
  • Like 1

imo true wu wei does not aim to be at wu wei.

and from alan watts

"On the other hand, those who understand the Tao delight, like cats, in sitting and watching without any goal in mind. But when a cat gets tired of sitting, it gets up and goes for a walk or hunts for mice. It does not punish itself or compete with other cats in an endurance test as to how long it can remain unmovable -- unless there is some real reason for being still, such as catching a bird."

• Like 1

The last two posts are excellent and also raise a question I ponder...

So the trees and animals have no trouble just being.

People seems to struggle to just "be" - whatever that means...

So what makes us different?

This tends to bring us to looking at the characteristics of human thought and how that may differ fundamentally from how other species think. Watts refers to the feedback loop effect of self-awareness as the difference and the source of problems.

So then the question is something like this (I struggle to verbalize it) - If we have the capacity of analytical thought, is it "natural" or "wu wei" to attempt to be like the animals that do not? Doesn't this represent trying to go against our nature rather than with it?

Certainly there is something to "just being" but it seems to me that there is an opportunity to also integrate our gift of thought into that. This is analogous to Twinner's recent thread on being "like a child" - we want to recapture child-like innocence, freshness, and spontaneity, but not give up our adult experience, wisdom, and insight...

So I tend to think that it is not so simple, this idea of wu wei.

But I do agree with the above posters when they point to the importance of awareness and openness to being.

That has to be a doorway to understanding our "nature" and then perhaps we can "not go against" that nature...

• Like 2

For a human to get into Wu Wei we need to unite the three forces of our thought, emotions and body into one harmonious unity, so in effect is is creation of the Trinty a uniting of three into one, which is why some people say being in Wu Wei is the same thing as receiving Gods grace. When you unite the trinity another force comes into you and moves you, but you are not doing it so it is a non doing.

Why we have to work at harmonising ourselves while animals are naturally in tune i'm not sure, but I suspect there might be a difference between a human and an animal in our experience of Wu Wei because we have a different level of mind or consciousness which we need to harmonise so maybe our level of Wu Wei is at a higher vibration as we have a higher vibration of mind, which could be why it is harder for us to attain and remain in Wu Wei.

this the Heart Sutra derived from the Diamond Sutra that leads to Wu Wei or the Diamond Body.

Did you intend your own Near Death Experience?

As I was reading this thread I was thinking "to me, Wu Wei is about being rather than doing"

then I saw the same comment from Cat.

Wei meant doing or being or activity or existence in classical pre-Qin chinese.

There were four different negatives used to define which one: Bu or Fu or Wu or Fei

Wu marks thus Wei as a subjective noun: "to have no activity".

(bu and fu marked verbs, wu and fei nouns, bu and wu subjective, fu and fei objective)

This very strange grammar dates back to the earliest development of the written chinese language:

The diviners used two negatives defining verbs or nouns, when writing their pronostiques on one side of the turtle plastrons, and they used two other negatives defining verbs or nouns, when writing what really did happen on the other side of the turtle plastrons.

Edited by lienshan
  • Like 2

That which just "be's" has little opportunity to wake-up from being. Just being is great if your goal is to be an upstanding prisoner. Unfortunately, the idea or groupthink of "being" has earned ego much time in its struggle to sustain illusion.

Alan Watts was totally erronious with his cats don't compete,...he obviously never watch more than one cat interact with anything. He certainly shows no understanding of Tao in that quote. But, I'm sure it was helpful for people in the 60's.

Keep in mind, that if it was 1975, and you traveled back in time to 1875, everything would be fine,...however, if someone today went back to 1975, no one would even see them,...because people today are vibrating at a much higher level of beingness. Of course, their understanding of this has yet to catch up.

V

Wei meant doing or being or activity or existence in classical pre-Qin chinese.

There were four different negatives used to define which one: Bu or Fu or Wu or Fei

Wu marks thus Wei as a subjective noun: "to have no activity".

(bu and fu marked verbs, wu and fei nouns, bu and wu subjective, fu and fei objective)

This very strange grammar dates back to the earliest development of the written chinese language:

The diviners used two negatives defining verbs or nouns, when writing their pronostiques on one side of the turtle plastrons, and they used two other negatives defining verbs or nouns, when writing what really did happen on the other side of the turtle plastrons.

Ah sending full lotus energy your way. haha. Civilization is addicted to time as being geometrically contained space. haha. Plato said time is the image of eternity. But we can't see time. Yan Xin said qigong is the "highest technology of all technologies." Chunyi Lin said that 20 minutes of full lotus equals four hours of any other meditation. It's the vortex beyond space into reversing time. haha. Like the turtle and the mushroom -- immortal yet every moving -- seemingly slow -- yet the fastest movement can not been seen to move. haha.

For a human to get into Wu Wei we need to unite the three forces of our thought, emotions and body into one harmonious unity, so in effect is is creation of the Trinty a uniting of three into one, which is why some people say being in Wu Wei is the same thing as receiving Gods grace. When you unite the trinity another force comes into you and moves you, but you are not doing it so it is a non doing.

Why we have to work at harmonising ourselves while animals are naturally in tune i'm not sure, but I suspect there might be a difference between a human and an animal in our experience of Wu Wei because we have a different level of mind or consciousness which we need to harmonise so maybe our level of Wu Wei is at a higher vibration as we have a higher vibration of mind, which could be why it is harder for us to attain and remain in Wu Wei.

Yeah the pain of full lotus is holographic so external is really internal. So we store external like a photograph on chemicals using light. So then the full lotus will clean the photograph or delete it and then what is left is blissful "ever new" and "ever fresh" reality of rainbow heart love. Yes 20 minutes of full lotus is four hours of any other meditation. haha. What is the female pain? Hundreds of years. Thousands of years. Millions of years of patriarchal chimpanzee primate pain. haha. It is the pain of the full moon blood magnetic magic that cries out water of the soul healing. Hot and magical water. Then we can relax into the solar electromagnetic harmony with the moon as it reflects the sun's love. This way we feed the moon the solar energy it needs through our earth chemical energy.

From my observations (and keep in mind that I majored in Religious Studies, not science), 1. expansion or radiation is faster than contraction or gravity, thus the universe is seen more as expanding, and 2. as we are expanding our looking, we see further, but will never reach an end.

A vacuum is just a physical method for measuring the electrodynamic spectrum (Divided Light). Undivided Light cannot be measured,...only motion can be measured. Virtual Light is not Undivided Light. Virtual implies energy or force,...Undivided Light, like Wu Wei, is still. Virtual light is a projection,...a simulation,..not real light. Undivided Light is "still" in the projector,...as a fulrum is still under the lever of a seesaw. The fulcrum does not "cause", ...but causelessly allows duality to effect its apparent motion.

True reality is in the Present. Divided light is always in the past. The Six Senses can only sense the past. What humanity called the Now, is merely a perceived Now. Only beyond the Six Senses can the Present be observed. Again,...there is no Present, Now, or Instant in time.

As I experienced it, Clear Light as associated with the 8th sense. Whereas white light corresponds to the 7th sense. Undivided Light or Wu Wei would actually be considered as the 9th consciousness, which is dimensionless.

Yes,...I understand that most people consider motion to be real, not an illusion. To further upset this notion of motion, nothing has moved in all eternity. The perception of motion is Divided Light reproducing itself 186k mps. Buddha attempted to teach this many times; and is foundational to the understanding of the term Tathagata.

A Tathagata is one who goes and comes, beyond going and coming, into complete going and coming, where enlightenment is welcomed. It is an understanding of the reverse flow of forward-moving things,...or better said, the reverse flow of forward reproducing things.

I agree that Change is Empty. And that higher consciousness is not Divided Light. The lower consciousness', such as the Six Senses, are totally Divided Light.

Don't know who Pam Reynolds is. I exited the physical form through that which is associted with the thymus gland. It was not a mental experience.

Keep in mind that the human-centric view of a vertical "chakra" system is usually misinterpreted as 7 or 9 vortex points from lower to higher. More correctly, the Chakra system should be viewed in context of Divided Light,...symbolized by the Magen David or Aquarian Star,...that is, two triangles,...a lower and upper of three points each, interconnected by a 7th point,...the 4th chakra. Overlay the chakra system on an electrodynamic templete showing red or low frequency to the left, and violet or high frequency to the right. The Heart chakra (green) is in the middle.

Even more correctly, the chakra system should be view as the nine-interlocking triangles of the Sri Yantra,...the bindu point being the Heart chakra.

Near speed-of-light OBE can be facilitated through color recognition,...that is, reds/oranges are associated with moving towards; while violet/blues are moving away.

The ONLY way to Clear Light is through Green, when balanced harmoneously with Red and Violet. The so-called 7th or thousand petal crown chakra is a dead-end for anyone attached to the idea of using the 7th as a fulcrum or stepping stone to higher consciousness. The ONLY fulcrum to Higher Consciousness is through the 4th,...the Heart Center.

To go beyond the Green Ray, there must be a harmonic balanced interchange between the 5th, 6th, and 7th, and the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd,...only then is the threshold available to Clear Light. Even the MesoAmerican Maya appeared to recognize this, in that god 7 (the Heart chakra) has 3 balance three points,...and thus the awareness of 9. Nine is the number of Divided Light. Nothing in the universe is greater or less than Nine.

As I broached this larger subject,....in reverse: Clear light descends (condenses, conveges, inhales, charges, accumulates, moves towards time), unfolding through the Green Ray,...the one without a twin, and the Green splits into Red and Violet,...thus the 3 zero planes of physical reality. As the Green Ray splits, there is also, simultaneously, the manifestation of the other rays, which on an ennegram are 142875.

In respect to the enneagramic model, the 4th chakra is point 9,...the 1st chakra is point 6, and the 7th chakra is point 3.

There is no manifestation of matter before nine, nor is there any manifestation beyond nine. Everything in nature must add up to nine, no more, no less. In Mayan culture, this is symbolically seen through the cosmology recorded in the Popol Vuh. The creative force within duality arises through the perceived separation from zero. To create progeny, the nine gods, that is the six lesser or boundary gods who rule the six convex planes (enneagram 142875), and god seven (enneagram 936), the three aspects of zero, must work as one to propagate the many.

V

Yeah my practice is 2 hour non-stop full lotus meditation using reverse breathing. Chunyi Lin says the reverse breath can be mild. The breath follows the mind. So as the chi electromagnetic energy increases this enables creation internally of the necessary chemicals so that physical breathing becomes less. But the secret of "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" is that the diaphgram pressure and reverse breathing then drives the sex water energy up so it can get above the heart fire energy, thereby ensuring the creation of the electromagnetic chi energy. This will destroy harmful viruses. My niece got the stomach flu last week but before she told me I went to sit in full lotus and my stomach was nauseous so I just focused my mind into electromagnetic force using the third eye Om Mand Padme Hum mantra and I did reverse breathing with long inhales and then the internal jing heat kicked into to create the chi energy. As Yan Xin says it's the steam that creates the rainbow heart love energy, the fusion of the five elements.

Hi Vmarco,

If you look at a heron you see it remains still even while flying. This 'stillness' we observe is not Stillness. It can in deed be noticed, this is afterall what Awakening means. Buddha noticed it in Venus, Kashyapa in the flower, Bodhidharma in a cave wall, Moses in the bush, Jesus in the sky - there is a presence that is also within us and it appears as a settled expression and is everywhere we could look; fast, slow, big, small, still, moving, angry, peaceful - all is the same.

Reference time: Zen master Dogen best expressed this for me while explaining the following to some monks:

"If you take some wood and set it alight then view the ashes as the future tense of the wood you misunderstand. Wood is Suchness perfectly expressed as wood, fire is Suchness perfectly expressed as fire and ashes is suchness perfectly expressed as ashes. Suchness, suchness, suchness - what is that changes?

Edited by Wayfarer
  • Like 1

Hi Steve,

I just wanted to write something about 'being' from what I have noticed through observing nature as this is something I have been considering for some years and you may be able to shed some light on it for me too.

It seemed to me that everything in life had its place or use in the world yet mankind appeared to offer little if anything. I started to investigate the nature of exchange e.g. an insect goes to a flower and helps to pollinate it and through this action both benefit. I soon realised that there is no exchange, in simply being things that benefit from one another come together. The insect takes from the flower in order to survive and the flower attracts the insect in order to do the same. Here in lies the root of the natural order and thereby what is required is provided for by other things that have a need that is harmonious but where does man fit in?

Unlike other life on earth, man is trying to do more than what is required of his nature. He creates a world of materialism but is trapped by the need to earn money to maintain the world he has created. Other animals and plants do not go beyond what they know and because they are less distracted by the world of desire they remain settled and consequently 'do' less and 'be' more. I use the word 'do' to mean the actions of the ego that take us away from our natural stillness.

Man can simply be. If we return to simple needs of survival - food, shelter, companionship and so on without reaching for more we will need less. We will have more time to experience the luxury of having nothing to do, we will likely become self sufficient and grow our own food in an organic natural manner and in doing just that provide other life forms with what they need without 'reaching out' to give it them - they come when they find what they need to take (Wu Wei - a not doing?).

So the key for me is - fill your day with more silence, be tranquil and still, take time to watch what is going on around you in nature, slow down, slow your metabolism, eat less, consume less, need less money, work less = have more freedom and more time :) In these moments we become more attuned to what is Subtle (if you look you will see how plants and animals are). When we settle we afford ourselves the opportunity for communion with the Sacred Itness within and around us. As individuals, by following this path and just being, we also provide for other people without doing - as they take from us something they need from our settled presence.

This tends to bring us to looking at the characteristics of human thought and how that may differ fundamentally from how other species think. Watts refers to the feedback loop effect of self-awareness as the difference and the source of problems.

So then the question is something like this (I struggle to verbalize it) - If we have the capacity of analytical thought, is it "natural" or "wu wei" to attempt to be like the animals that do not? Doesn't this represent trying to go against our nature rather than with it?

Certainly there is something to "just being" but it seems to me that there is an opportunity to also integrate our gift of thought into that. This is analogous to Twinner's recent thread on being "like a child" - we want to recapture child-like innocence, freshness, and spontaneity, but not give up our adult experience, wisdom, and insight...

So I tend to think that it is not so simple, this idea of wu wei.

But I do agree with the above posters when they point to the importance of awareness and openness to being.

That has to be a doorway to understanding our "nature" and then perhaps we can "not go against" that nature...

Edited by Wayfarer
  • Like 1