SpinningDjinn

What is Wu Wei?

It seems like there is a lot of "talk" about what Wu Wei is. Wu Wei is not about your claims or your ideas or what you think in my opinion. It is how you act and treat others. Sure someone can claim they practice Wu Wei, as claims are words inherently meaningless.

What does Wu Wei mean to you?

Wu Wei is a still heart. ..again Gurdjeif, explained that peace is an absolute absence of emotion- a no-thing.

If I recall He talked about "dead matter" as substance that has zero spin -being equivalent of peace or an awakened heart center. I think he referenced a total inability to 'laugh' as a sign of True Peace/Wu Wei.

I read account from a Mormon historian who had access to some old scrolls in Israel that described the stone of the ten commandments as opalescent, translucent blue colored cube about two feet square that had ever changing inscriptions inside it and that it levitated, supposedly the source of the Arks levitation actions.

I think G. also covered dead matter as occasionally falling to the earth. I'd say the same material is in thunder and the northern lights and becomes the magnetic core -black hole of the heart that is true emptiness -Wu Wei

Dead Matter having no spin would tend to end polarity of gravitational matter -anything could happen. Maybe spiritual progress is about making the ultimate vacuum..?

Edited by bowowtao

It seems like there is a lot of "talk" about what Wu Wei is. Wu Wei is not about your claims or your ideas or what you think in my opinion. It is how you act and treat others. Sure someone can claim they practice Wu Wei, as claims are words inherently meaningless.

What does Wu Wei mean to you?

Get a phone healing from qigong master Chunyi Lin and you sit in silence while you get the laser love transmission. It's a very rare type of energy transmission. http://springforestqigong.com -- he did the seven week full lotus no food, no water, no sleep cave meditation in china. Have fun with it. It costs $90 but is well worth it.

Get a phone healing from qigong master Chunyi Lin and you sit in silence while you get the laser love transmission. It's a very rare type of energy transmission. http://springforestqigong.com -- he did the seven week full lotus no food, no water, no sleep cave meditation in china. Have fun with it. It costs $90 but is well worth it.

So you can buy Wu Wei for $90? Seriously, don't you think you are doing disservice to Master Lin by irritating people continuously like you do talking about him in every thread relevant or not? Would you think Master Lin would approve of such excessive behavior? Having known him rather well, I am damn sure he wouldn't! You are doing great disservice to a genuine and compassionate teacher by dragging him unnecessarily so often as though everything you speak here is officially approved or endorsed by him. Also, why don't you just put some detail about him in your signature, that way you don't have to tire yourself and others repeatedly.

Drew, moderation is a great virtue and it's high time you embrace it.

Edited by guruyoga
  • Like 5

Healing is 90% of progress towards WU Wei.

There's amazing healing testimonials from http://springforestqigong.com and the energy a person gets is a rare treat towards wu wei. Check out this testimony that is new and from nearby me - -

I think this person found Wu Wei by getting the healing from spring forest qigong! haha.

Me I just sit in full lotus as much as possible.

You can do that as well. It works great!

Ah! Another wu wei thread.

And yes, many of us talk about it, myself included.

What does wu wei mean to me? More talk. That's not wu wei. Hehehe. But then I'm not in that state very often so I will talk.

To me 'wu wei' is a state of being. Not just a physical, spiritual, and/or mental state but rather a state of being of one's total essence. It is that place we can go after resting with the "Valley Spirit", that is, after attaining the state of Yin.

In this state we rest if there is nothing for us to do. No, we are not asking ourself if there is anything to do - we just perceive no reason to do anything.

Now, don't understand me incorrectly here. Wu wei is not the same as being lazy. It is very far from it. In the state of wu wei, when something needs be done we spring into action like the tiger on the kill. Then, when the task is done we return to the "Valley Spirit".

Do you need to listen to FullLotus to be able to get there? No. But then it might help.

• Like 1

Wu Wei is the impersonal and tangible resting space which pervades the being when all intellectual, conceptual, analytical talk and endless preoccupations with chasing after any and all of the 'higher' practices and states ends... Its about how we can form relationships with each and every moment, no matter how insignificant, yet not identifying or getting overly concerned with seeking for permanency in any form.

Having said this, Wu Wei is all of the above, and more, because to say it is 'this' or 'not this' is effectively missing the reality of its fluidity and grace. And this 'grace' is beyond normal comprehension, in the sense that it encompasses, all in the same instance, both aspects of succor as well as decay. Because of this, its ungraspable, like water. One may only hope to borrow sustenance from its magnificent source, but can never ever possess it. Wanting to do so, or even the intent of doing so, immediately pushes one off-balance.

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

my current level of understanding has me thinking that wu wei is not forcing, never forcing.

it is going with the flow or flowing with the flow.

it is not rigid. it does yield.

it is not spitting into the wind.

it is to be light, free and easy. floating along.

i am certain that Thoreau totally understood wu wei.

edit> the sound of the water rippling down the creek that flows past my backyard says what i think.

Edited by zerostao

my current level of understanding has me thinking that wu wei is not forcing, never forcing.

edit> the sound of the water rippling down the creek that flows past my backyard says what i think.

This is the best of my understanding too.

The term Wu Wei is patterned by Lao Tze, so to speak. The entire Tao Te Ching was written based on the concept of Wu Wei.

Wu Wei is to let Nature take its course.

No intent to interrupt with interference of any kind which might cause Nature to go off its course. Just let things be the way they suppose to be by not trying to change them in any way.

This is the best of my understanding too.

The term Wu Wei is patterned by Lao Tze, so to speak. The entire Tao Te Ching was written based on the concept of Wu Wei.

No intent to interrupt with interference of any kind which might cause Nature to go off its course. Just let things be the way they suppose to be by not trying to change them in any way.

Yeah like humanure! haha. Just think of the foolish of modern humans -- we crap in clean water which is a triple waste of energy. Human fecal matter and urine make excellent nutrients to grow food -- if composted properly. Asia and traditional Africa have relied on humanure for farming but the West relies on petrochemicals.

I mean it's also a total waste of clean drinking water to crap in it. Besides all the electricity to pump the water.

Luckily some more places are experimenting with humanure compost -- Sweden and some cities on the West Coast U.S. and of course in India and Africa and China.

I make humanure compost myself for gardening. I mean just let nature take care of itself -- all waste is recycled alchemically and what a huge amount of energy we can get from human fecal matter.

I mean there are now methane generators for electricity based on human fecal matter. haha.

So nature is the most efficient means of power generation -- the Amazon rainforest is the brain of the planet and way more complex than any supercomputer could ever be. Yet Cargill built a soy elevator to store soybeans and said plant all you want and will buy them and so the Amazon is being converted to soybean farms and soybeans are even used as a currency. I mean first it's burned for cattle farming but then farmed for soybeans.

So replacing the brain of Earth with soybeans! The soybeans are then sold to China to feed their pigs and chickens -- also to Europe.

Soybean is high is silica also and so similarly human brains are getting bioengineered silicon nanosilica biochips in them.

Nature versus Machines versus Humans -- it's a cycling of the elements. Carbon based life getting converted to silica based life via fire and water is the pivot point -- the Amazon as the brain of Earth contains 25% of earth's freshwater supply.

Chunyi Lin has his facebook post today about how we should store water in our rooms after we charge it with positive energy because the Winter time is the energy of water as the time of meditation. This is the perfect passive energy discharge of Nature.

Water -- yin-yang water -- stores up the healing energy. He says don't drink this water! haha. It's for healing the house.

the book Ecological Imperialism by professor Alfred Crosby is a great overview of how Western plow-based farming spread around the planet thereby destroying Nature's power.

Still Earth will restore itself eventually as it's gone through five previous major extinction crises like the one modern humans are currently creating.

There's 20 years left of fresh water on the planet.

Then there could be a supervolcano explosion creating hydrogen sulfide that wipes out all life for the most part -- and then the great tectonic plate conveyor belt of volcanoes creating Earth's land and then the deep valleys of the ocean were the plates go back down -- in a big conveyor belt -- creating mountains and earth quakes and tsunamis.

Soon the full moon energy will hit its strongest tomorrow and meditation will be ten times as strong as normal -- this is what Chunyi Lin says! Yes the moon-sun-earth creates this natural resonance revolution as Wu Wei in action.

I find this an interesting area to consider, these are the words that are often used to describe Wu Wei but I'm not sure that they tell me much. I don't intend to be critical CD, I think it's worth looking at these things and how they apply to us personally.

How is it that Nature can not take it's course?

How can I let or not let Nature take its course?

How is it that I can do something to "cause Nature to go off its course"?

Am I something other than Nature?

If so, where is the line?

How do I know when Nature/I are on and off course?

If I attempt to "right" that course, am I not interfering?

Rhetorical questions that help me feel it, I don't have answers...

Some characteristics of Nature:

Wild - Nature cannot be tamed, categorized, or restrained

Spontaneous - Nature is "of itself so" / ZiRan / Alan Watts quotes Suzuki Sensei as comparing Zen to "dropping a fart" - one doesn't plan it, it happens as it happens

Unpredictable - Nature is full of asymmetry and irregularity

Relentless - Nature always continues on, moving forward while standing still, life comes and goes and is always there

Aware - There is a luminosity, a spark, life, something that completely defies description

So maybe when I manifest similar characteristics I'm reflecting Nature in me.

So I look at Wu Wei starting from an internal place.

For me it's about:

Spontaneity

Awareness

Acceptance

Creativity

Relationship

An area where I think we "interfere with nature" is when we come into conflict with ourselves and what is around us.

When our expectations are inconsistent with reality there is interference.

Words like should, hope, wish, and want

When we can drop our expectations and come to feel our wholeness in each moment there is acceptance and there is no interference.

When our choices are inconsistent with our values, there is interference.

Much behavior is automated and conditioned. We live most of our lives asleep and the choices we make in our sleep often lead us to places we don't want to be as a consequence.

If we can be aware of our core values and make choices that allow us to live in accordance with those values, there is concordance.

I don't really get it yet but Wu Wei is definitely one of my favorite topics to work with.

• Like 1

Wu Wei does not flow,...it is that upon which the perception of flow flows. It is Undivided Light. It is energy-less, mass-less, time-less, space-less,...it travels no distance, in no time, and thus has no need for speed.

Wei Wu Wei, a somewhat synonym of Tathagata, is the effortless flowing with the flow of Divided Light, in a way that neither whences nor whithers,...an effortless doing,..because it consciously pivots upon the still fulcrum of Wu Wei.

Wu Wei cannot be directly experienced through the 6 senses,...that is, hearing, seeing, tasting, touching, feeling, or thinking. It is only directly experienced through Heart-Mind.

Thoreau may have had an understanding of Wu Wei,...however, I never met him, nor read of any effortless doing. Stories attributed to Sakyamuni on the other hand, clearly show his direct understanding of Wu Wei. As Undivided Light has not moved a single centimeter in all eternity, so to, the Tathagata Sakyamuni had, by his own admission, not moved a single centimeter in all eternity.

V

How is it that Nature can not take it's course?

How can I let or not let Nature take its course?

How is it that I can do something to "cause Nature to go off its course"?

Am I something other than Nature?

If so, where is the line?

How do I know when Nature/I are on and off course?

If I attempt to "right" that course, am I not interfering?

Rhetorical questions that help me feel it, I don't have answers...

The you that you think you are is a product of nature. The you that you are, is not. Nature is a vibration that arises from the perception that it is separate from Wu Wei,...and must find its way home,...which this active expression of Tao can never do, because in reality it was never separate. The sum of Yang and Yin is their dissolution,...not a unity with Wu Wei.

In reality, Yang and Yin do not exist (stand alone), but have a dependent orgination, held together by the motion to seek union with Wu Wei. To understand this, one must recognize that Yang is Yin, and Yin is Yang,...two aspects of the same illusion.

This likely will not answer your question,...but perhaps insight you to restate the question.

V

Edited by Vmarco

The you that you think you are is a product of nature. The you that you are, is not. Nature is a vibration that arises from the perception that it is separate from Wu Wei,...and must find its way home,...which this active expression of Tao can never do, because in reality it was never separate. The sum of Yang and Yin is their dissolution,...not a unity with Wu Wei.

In reality, Yang and Yin do not exist (stand alone), but have a dependent orgination, held together by the motion to seek union with Wu Wei. To understand this, one must recognize that Yang is Yin, and Yin is Yang,...two aspects of the same illusion.

This likely will not answer your question,...but perhaps insight you to restate the question.

V

No,...you're looking at it humanistically. From a humanistic point of view, light travels 186k mps,...but from Light's point of view, it travels no distance, in no time, and thus has no need for speed.

From Light's point of view,...the point of view of the source that you are,...it is not one, because there is no many. It is "isness".

Undivided Light is not a merger of Divided Light or Duality,...Duality can NEVER enter Undivided Light.

Wholeness is beyond the sum of opposites. And yet, as with Dharmakaya (nirmanakaya appears in time), we can, and do,express that Wholeness within time (5 Aggregates). Wholeness is as the fulcrum upon which a playground seesaw (duality) effects its motion. The question is, where is your awareness upon that lever? The manifest Tathagata stands on the lever over the fulcrum. Most of us, although on some in-motion position on the lever (but only aware of the positive or Form side) and are nevertheless still connected to the fulcrum,...without the fulcrum, duality would not exist,...however, the fulcrum does not need duality,...nor does the lever ever merge with the fulcum. If the lever ceased moving, the lever would instantaneously dissolve,...not merge with the fulcrum in any way. Unlike the Abrahamic god, who is so insecure, that it demands to be worshiped, obeyed and prayed to,...the fulcrum lacks in no way.

V

http://www.thebigview.com/forum/showthread.php?p=110000

haha. Undivided Light. Wu Chi is formless so it's not a fulcrum.

We can not see the formless -- we can listen to it though. Wu Wei comes from the time-frequency uncertainty principle that creates light. Consciousness as Emptiness is not light - but rather creates light.

This "fulcrum" as a visual form -- not formless.

A fulcrum is for work that needs to be done -- mechanics.

So you got your undivided light fixation from Walter Russell?

http://jheneaiko.tumblr.com/post/13618306998/the-uncreated-universe-is-light-undivided-the

In an innovative experiment, the scientists have managed to capture some of the photons that are constantly appearing and disappearing in the vacuum.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-11-scientists-vacuum.html

so much for undivided light.

What happens during the experiment is that the “mirror” transfers some of its kinetic energy to virtual photons, which helps them to materialise. According to quantum mechanics, there are many different types of virtual particles in vacuum, as mentioned earlier. Göran Johansson, Associate Professor of Theoretical Physics, explains that the reason why photons appear in the experiment is that they lack mass.

“Relatively little energy is therefore required in order to excite them out of their virtual state. In principle, one could also create other particles from vacuum, such as electrons or protons, but that would require a lot more energy.”

However, the main value of the experiment is that it increases our understanding of basic physical concepts, such as vacuum fluctuations – the constant appearance and disappearance of virtual particles in vacuum. It is believed that vacuum fluctuations may have a connection with “dark energy” which drives the accelerated expansion of the universe. The discovery of this acceleration was recognised this year with the awarding of the Nobel Prize in Physics.
Edited by fulllotus

interesting they chose red and blue to depict

dynamiskacasimireffekten.jpg

Yeah like blue-green algae - the ultimate Wu Wei!!

http://www.spirulinasource.com/PDF.cfm/EarthFoodSpirulina.pdf

doubles production every 2 to 5 days:

A spirulina farm is an environmentally sound green food machine.

Cultivated in shallow ponds, this algae can double its biomass every

2 to 5 days. This productivity breakthrough yields over 20 times more

protein than soybeans on the same area, 40 times corn and 400 times

beef. Spirulina can flourish in ponds of brackish or alkaline water

built on already unfertile land. In this way, it can augment the food

supply not by clearing the disappearing rainforests, but by cultivating

the expanding deserts

Yeah like blue-green algae - the ultimate Wu Wei!!

http://www.spirulinasource.com/PDF.cfm/EarthFoodSpirulina.pdf

doubles production every 2 to 5 days:

addsubmixing.jpg

There's always blue in green

I like blue green algae. I was buying from these, but expensive

The stuff luminesces at night a blue color.

bioluminescence-2.jpg

This link describes how the "missing" link in the Krebs cycle (or TCA cycle--tricarboxylic acid) of blue-green algae (cyanobacteria) has been discovered.

Diatom Silica

slide0001_image005hd.jpg

Edited by bowowtao

addsubmixing.jpg

There's always blue in green

I like blue green algae. I was buying from these, but expensive

The stuff luminesces at night a blue color.

bioluminescence-2.jpg

This link describes how the "missing" link in the Krebs cycle (or TCA cycle--tricarboxylic acid) of blue-green algae (cyanobacteria) has been discovered.

Diatom Silica

slide0001_image005hd.jpg

Yeah nice on the silica -- is that a double twisted scroll ring mobius strip klein bottle? haha. I got some diatomaceous silica too -- not much left. One serving.

Yeah nice on the silica -- is that a double twisted scroll ring mobius strip klein bottle? haha. I got some diatomaceous silica too -- not much left. One serving.

yeah the shape reminded me makes sense

I got a bulk 25lbs bag -too much.

Been mixing with Montmorillonite

and Zeolite and placing hydroponic butter lettuce (very alkaline)for a few days in water with the mix.

Lettuce core being used in western alch for a blue source.

""various sea sponges need silicon in order to have structure. It is much more important to the metabolism of plants, particularly many grasses, and silicic acid (a type of silica) forms the basis of the striking array of protective shells of the microscopic diatoms.

160px-Quartz%2C_Tibet.jpg

Quartz crystal cluster from Tibet. The naturally-occurring mineral is a network solid with the formula SiO2.

Edited by bowowtao

yeah the shape remined me makes sense

and Zeolite and placing hydroponic butter lettuce (very alkaline)for a few days in water with the mix.

yeah so you notice much change from taking in all that silica? haha. Patrick Flanagan claims he's got some nano-form of silica but apparently I read a nice expose on his methodology.

The spirulina folks say iron is the number one deficiency and spirulina is very easily assimilated for iron and how chelating agents added to minerals can be deleterious for various reasons.

Anyway they add the minerals to the spirulina but it's not all these different kinds -- just like potassium, iron, zinc, etc.

Yeah like that Dr. Wallach dude selling micro nutrients that are supposedly more assimilated -- kind of like the claims of Flanagan. What's your take on these dudes?

yeah the shape reminded me makes sense

""various sea sponges need silicon in order to have structure. It is much more important to the metabolism of plants, particularly many grasses, and silicic acid (a type of silica) forms the basis of the striking array of protective shells of the microscopic diatoms.

160px-Quartz%2C_Tibet.jpg

Quartz crystal cluster from Tibet. The naturally-occurring mineral is a network solid with the formula SiO2.

I'm thinking wheatgrass has a lot of silica -- I've got a 30 pound or 50 pound bag of organic wheat seeds.... http://www.whywheatgrass.com.my/

HEre we go on "a close at essential minerals"

http://www.health-report.co.uk/minerals1.htm

Edited by fulllotus