Sign in to follow this  
Informer

Global Revolution!

Greetings..

Stop tearing down solutions that don't preserve the status quo, you only want to protect your own kind.. the system isn't functioning well, it rewards "time and effort" unfairly and disproportionately, and everybody knows it, and.. finally, people are willing to change that system, and THAT is what's bothering those that might have their wealth dependent 'social status' compromised.. you can swim against the flow of change and be a casualty of it, or.. work to build a more fair and equitable system..

I hope you are not suggesting that the life-terms of Supreme Court Justices are appointed fairly.. the appointment and confirmation is political theater, and no less corrupt than the system that writes that script..

Political Parties are simply well-dressed gangs of sophisticated thugs, taking what they can under the guise of representative democracy.. they serve the highest bidder or the most influential potential investor in their re-election.. The American Dream is an amazing potential, but it has been corrupted to the point that it has to radically cleanse itself and restructure its wealth distribution "more fairly".. are you, the one percent, willing to give up a moderate amount of wealth gained through an oppressive system, in order to repair and preserve that system, or.. will your greed clench onto that ill-gotten excess until those that suffered by the system's oppressive policies revolt and take it from you? Now is the time to work together to rescue the American Dream, but all i see from conservatives is resistance, their way or no way.. Change it or lose it

Be well..

I just wanted to add a point. Inner city and areas that are impoverished do not have the business infrastructure and therefor have a lower tax base due to income inequality to support a quality education. Many inner city inhabitants suffer from poor nutrition and inadequate medical care. Recent studies prove that children's brains do not develop well when fed a diet of poor quality food, that lacks fresh vegetables, fruit and is primarily composed of junk food. The McDonald's junk food commercials that markets primarily to minorities is one case in point. Further, chronic unemployment, low wages create an environment with very little opportunity for upward mobility, except sports and the occasional success story that Republicans use for propaganda purposes. Vortex with his single minded ideology that everyone without limit has optimum choices as to how much money to earn and spend is ludicrous.

Thanks for your participation in discussing this serious matter!

• Like 1

I'd like to make a point that the systems and subsequent rules and institutions were designed (in other words "made up")in the first place. They're not in effect due to some cosmic diety-given right (although trying to get people to swallow that one has worked for a while) The effects we're seeing today are a result of those designs and people doing what people do in relationship to them. We acknowledge that people can be both greedy and altruistic. Suggesting a redo is actually quite a logical suggestion. Of course the people that would lose out the most don't want it. They tend to prefer civil war or bloody revolutions, apparently.

I might add that the quantum mechanics deity was recently brought into the discussion as being somehow responsible for the human dilemma.

Greetings..

Stop tearing down solutions that don't preserve the status quo, you only want to protect your own kind.. the system isn't functioning well, it rewards "time and effort" unfairly and disproportionately, and everybody knows it, and.. finally, people are willing to change that system, and THAT is what's bothering those that might have their wealth dependent 'social status' compromised.. you can swim against the flow of change and be a casualty of it, or.. work to build a more fair and equitable system..

I hope you are not suggesting that the life-terms of Supreme Court Justices are appointed fairly.. the appointment and confirmation is political theater, and no less corrupt than the system that writes that script..

Political Parties are simply well-dressed gangs of sophisticated thugs, taking what they can under the guise of representative democracy.. they serve the highest bidder or the most influential potential investor in their re-election.. The American Dream is an amazing potential, but it has been corrupted to the point that it has to radically cleanse itself and restructure its wealth distribution "more fairly".. are you, the one percent, willing to give up a moderate amount of wealth gained through an oppressive system, in order to repair and preserve that system, or.. will your greed clench onto that ill-gotten excess until those that suffered by the system's oppressive policies revolt and take it from you? Now is the time to work together to rescue the American Dream, but all i see from conservatives is resistance, their way or no way.. Change it or lose it

Be well..

No, I was suggesting that handing selection of judges over to lawyers is every bit as impartial as the current setup, if not moreso.

Tearing down solutions that preserve the status quo - if you're talking the status quo of Society, yes, I want to preserve society. I dont want to see it destroyed and amidst the rubble have something else come out - society doesnt need to be destroyed. If you're talking the status quo of rules not applying to certain people, that absolutely should go. You are oversimplifying the issue(s) far too much.

Amusing that "the American dream has so much potential" yet it is exactly that bruised concept which you wish to kill, which I wish to resurrect via getting centrally planned control out of the lives of the american people.

All I see from Progressives is a wish to distort the issues in any way, shape or form, so that they are correct - it didnt work with the climate because it couldnt stand up to reality, and its not going to work when you run out of other people's money to spend, either. Not to mention this entire business of "making up rights," speaking of "collective rights" in the same context as individual rights. The whole concept of "Collective" rights are a contrivance. They are known as laws and they differ from place to place. Individual rights are the only common denominator and exist simultaneously between people, your right to have things like free speech or travel freely requires nothing from me - but you are trying to make up rights by saying that things like health care are somehow a right, when they are a convenience, a wish, that require something from somebody else - if it goes with the law of the land, the government can mandate it via law and threat of force - but dont go through the contrived fallacy of trying to convince people that something is a right when it is by definition NOT a right. Something cannot be a right if someone else is required to provide it for you. IOW, "you" have a right for me to provide something for you? Bullshit! I can have law mandate it, I can have my sense of morality call for it, but you have no right to anything of mine, be it my time, focus, money, or whatever.

That's the problem when people just make shit up that sounds good to their ears, you get all of these whacked out ideas and people start thinking that is the way the world works...or at least should be, regardless of how miscible with reality such concepts are. Yeah, everyone should have a right to a job, health care, a home, a freezer, a dog, a car in their garage, arugula in their crisper! That sounds great but how's it in practice?

With the words distorted, people are less able to really say what it is they are for or not.

• Like 1

Greetings..

No, I was suggesting that handing selection of judges over to lawyers is every bit as impartial as the current setup, if not moreso.

Tearing down solutions that preserve the status quo - if you're talking the status quo of Society, yes, I want to preserve society. I dont want to see it destroyed and amidst the rubble have something else come out - society doesnt need to be destroyed. If you're talking the status quo of rules not applying to certain people, that absolutely should go. You are oversimplifying the issue(s) far too much.

Amusing that "the American dream has so much potential" yet it is exactly that bruised concept which you wish to kill, which I wish to resurrect via getting centrally planned control out of the lives of the american people.

All I see from Progressives is a wish to distort the issues in any way, shape or form, so that they are correct - it didnt work with the climate because it couldnt stand up to reality, and its not going to work when you run out of other people's money to spend, either. Not to mention this entire business of "making up rights," speaking of "collective rights" in the same context as individual rights. The whole concept of "Collective" rights are a contrivance. They are known as laws and they differ from place to place. Individual rights are the only common denominator and exist simultaneously between people, your right to have things like free speech or travel freely requires nothing from me - but you are trying to make up rights by saying that things like health care are somehow a right, when they are a convenience, a wish, that require something from somebody else - if it goes with the law of the land, the government can mandate it via law and threat of force - but dont go through the contrived fallacy of trying to convince people that something is a right when it is by definition NOT a right. Something cannot be a right if someone else is required to provide it for you. IOW, "you" have a right for me to provide something for you? Bullshit! I can have law mandate it, I can have my sense of morality call for it, but you have no right to anything of mine, be it my time, focus, money, or whatever.

That's the problem when people just make shit up that sounds good to their ears, you get all of these whacked out ideas and people start thinking that is the way the world works...or at least should be, regardless of how miscible with reality such concepts are. Yeah, everyone should have a right to a job, health care, a home, a freezer, a dog, a car in their garage, arugula in their crisper! That sounds great but how's it in practice?

With the words distorted, people are less able to really say what it is they are for or not.

You are singing the Swan Song of a dying ideological paradigm, one where you abandon any social morality in favor of your well-cultivated self-interest, your carefully nurtured greed.. you make crap up that was not posted nor implied to try to scare people into agreeing with you, how quaint.. scurry off, now.. count up your trinkets and weep.. justice is coming..

Be well..

• Like 1

This is another grave concern!!

Dear AMERICAN CITIZENS,

Tell your senators to respect the Constitution and say NO to indefinite

detention without charge or trial.

The Senate is about to vote on an amendment that goes to the very heart of who

we are as Americans, and your senators need to hear from you now.

Either tonight or tomorrow, there will be a vote on whether Congress will give

this president — and every future president — the power to order the

military to

indefinitely imprison people anywhere in the world without charging them or

trying them. The power is so broad that even U.S. citizens, within our own

country's borders, could be swept up by the military.

The National Defense Authorization Act bill, which is on the Senate floor now,

was drafted in secret and passed in a closed-door committee meeting, and

includes this dangerous provision allowing worldwide indefinite detention

without charge or trial.

But there is a way to stop this craziness. Senator Mark Udall is offering the

Udall Amendment that will delete the harmful provisions and replace them with a

requirement for an orderly review of detention power. The Udall Amendment will

make sure that the bill matches up with American values.

Now is the time to act. Please urge your senators to vote YES on the Udall

Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act.

It seems almost unimaginable that the Senate would even consider passing a

provision that is such a deep affront to human rights and to American values.

But, this outrageous measure could be voted on at any moment.

And because this bill is so dangerous and fast-moving, once you've petitioned

your senators, please ask your friends and relatives to do the same. The only

way to stop this outrage is for as many Americans as possible to contact their

senators immediately.

Thank you for taking action.

Sincerely,

Chris Anders, ACLU

Senior Legislative Counsel

More info on this bill that will authorize indefinite detention of U.S. citizens and allow American combat troops on U.S. soil which is a violation of posse comitatus.

http://blogcritics.org/politics/article/defense-bill-includes-authorization-for-indefinite/

Edited by ralis

Greetings..

You are singing the Swan Song of a dying ideological paradigm, one where you abandon any social morality in favor of your well-cultivated self-interest, your carefully nurtured greed.. you make crap up that was not posted nor implied to try to scare people into agreeing with you, how quaint.. scurry off, now.. count up your trinkets and weep.. justice is coming..

Be well..

TzuJanLi,

I have been following this thread since you have become involved in it, because I see

you are earnest about real solutions to a worldwide dilemma.

There is an overwhelming number of people in western countries who will never see clearly what you have said in this thread. They will not willingly part with their "things" and their lives of comfort based on the continued servitude of the masses doing the work no one sees, or would ever want to do from a wealthy country.

The underlying reason for the resistance I see when bringing this argument out into the open is... FEAR. So many people are afraid to lose what they have. The equalization of world wealth would mean they would do without many of the things that make their lives so incredibly comfortable.

Some of the viewpoints expressed here are so handicapped by their own experiential limitations, that they have a complete inability to "see" anything other than what continues to assure the security of the lives they now lead.

I applaud your sharp and insightful posting, it assures an awakening for those that read and open their minds to other possibilities.

The world is the way it is because we allow it to be so through our quiet inaction and continued servitude. It is the awakening of the mind to the fallacies that we are controlled by that will cause the future changes to come about.

Sleepers....Awaken!

Edited by strawdog65
  • Like 2

Greetings..

TzuJanLi,

I have been following this thread since you have become involved in it, because I see

you are earnest about real solutions to a worldwide dilemma.

There is an overwhelming number of people in western countries who will never see clearly what you have said in this thread. They will not willingly part with their "things" and their lives of comfort based on the continued servitude of the masses doing the work no one sees, or would ever want to do from a wealthy country.

The underlying reason for the resistance I see when bringing this argument out into the open is... FEAR. So many people are afraid to lose what they have. The equalization of world wealth would mean they would do without many of the things that make their lives so incredibly comfortable.

Some of the viewpoints expressed here are so handicapped by their own experiential limitations, that they have a complete inability to "see" anything other than what continues to assure the security of the lives they now lead.

I applaud your sharp and insightful posting, it assures an awakening for those that read and open their minds to other possibilities.

The world is the way it is because we allow it to be so through our quiet inaction and continued servitude. It is the awakening of the mind to the fallacies that we are controlled by that will cause the future changes to come about.

Sleepers....Awaken!

Many humble thanks, for the kind words.. There is no great diminishing of anyone's existing 'reasonably comfortable' lifestyles needed.. when it is clearly reckoned as to the waste of resources, it is apparent that the waste alone could dramatically improve the lifestyles of the most unfortunate of our brothers and sisters.. what is insane, is the illusion of scarcity perpetuated to protect the illusion of wealth.. in the US, as in many countries with regulated commerce, farms are paid to NOT grow food as it might unbalance the delicate relationships that assure maximum profits.. when the rewards of experiencing a healthy civilization outweigh self-interested indulgences of excesses at the expense of a suffering civilization, we will put people to work creating an infrastructure that distributes resources to those in need.. then, everyone can begin to contribute to symbiotic civilization..

Suppose people simply went back to work 'somewhere', anywhere.. suppose they show up on January 5, 2012 at businesses and construction sites, and farms, and started helping.. "no pay", they say, "i'm just going to help make this thing work".. there's a lot of skilled and talented people out there, but they're unemployed or under-employed, so.. they go where they can be most useful, and they actually contribute, they actually help the businesses 'produce more', better, and more efficiently.. the result is greater efficiency, more supply/less cost.. this translates into the ability to provide the basic necessities for those willing to "just do it", so.. at the end of the week, the people that "just did it", are either rewarded appropriately, or.. they organize and 'go shopping' for the necessities, plus a minimal improvement to their potential to continue, i.e.: replacing 'a few' of the clothes or accessories needed to return to 'help' again the next week.. The 'helpers' on the farms will subsidize the food supply for the helpers at the construction sites, which will subsidize shelter, for the farm help and the teaching help, which are subsidizing the education of the children, that will improve their skills.. this will work, people working together to make Life better for each other.. except when some people unfairly want more than others, and that applies to all parts of the equation, to those unwilling to contribute as they are able, and.. to those that feel like their gift of unique abilities 'entitles' them to more than someone willing to contribute equal "time and effort"..

Gold, although relatively rarer than most metals, has no intrinsic value that warrants its high prices.. there are not too many life or death situations that require gold to remedy, its high price is a function of 'desire'.. in fact, some people's 'desires for trinkets' are so overwhelming that they are willing to watch others suffer just so their 'desires' are fulfilled.. when does Life become so trivial that a person's 'desire' for non-essential excesses allow that person to justify the suffering of others as a valid exchange for having their extravagant 'desires' fulfilled?

When the 1% realize that it is the disproportionate distribution of resources that creates poverty, and that it is poverty that is the most curable ailment that harms a healthy society, maybe.. they will realize that they have created the very conditions they complain about.. whenever anyone finds a way to rationalize excessive waste and wasted excess while others suffer, they are creating the conditions for conflict.. there is no justifiable reason that the wealth and resource gap between the least fortunate and the most fortunate or most ruthless should exceed a factor of ten, and.. when what was once decadent excess reserved for the 0.5%, is restructured to a fair and reasonable excess dependent upon the ability to empower social healing and social evolution, then.. the decadent portion of the excess is redistributed among all peoples, and the benefit will raise everyone's standard of living, while creating the sustainable process that fairly addresses global solutions for a healthy and prosperous civil society..

Be well..

• Like 3

Greetings..

Be well..

Talk about wrapping something in cryptic garbage! Of course you have no idea the extent of which you put words in others' mouths, you've been fed an idea of what a conservative is and therefore anyone who subscribes to the idea you feel no compunction over ascribing hateful rhetoric to - tell me, is dehumanizing another person within the bounds of your compassion? Sorta like wrapping the destruction of the country as we know it and the accompanying widespread suffering and death inside this compassion-shell on the outside, rotten on the inside since it will take whatever it pleases from anyone - with the law behind it, set by those who have shown they can abuse other people's money most effectively - whereas people that steal these days mostly go to jail - unless of course they have friends in high places, abused the most in government...but government's not the root of the problem, of course, its that whole concept of going out and earning a living for oneself, right?

By the same rationale, why am I not enlightened at this moment? There are others that are, therefore this is supremely unfair and I DEMAND to be enlightened - anything less is callous, uncivilized, unfair!!! How can some be allowed to have while I have not?!?!?! While the rest of us have not! We should go find this 1% and demand that they utilize all of their spiritual powers to enlighten every single sentient being on the planet!

Cant beat me on ideas, so make it ad hominem and tell me to leave :rolleyes: Nice try, but if you want to endear others to your ideas of how the world works, it helps to show that great level of compassion you've supposedly cultivated within yourself!

Farms are paid not to grow....cmon people its simple supply and demand. If supply is up too high, price is not, if demand is up high, price goes up, if there is juuuust barely not enough or too much then "why, that's about right to manipulate the price." The government is "doing farmers a favor" by creating artificial shortage in order to keep price higher than it otherwise would be. The losers? Yup, us normal people. Exactly in the class of "government tinkering" I am referring to.

• Like 1

I'm stuck with something around this topic. I'm pondering how scarcity can be mediated by an (almost) infinitely abundant symbol. Wouldn't the symbol also have to be (relatively) scarce itself in order to act as a marker of exchange of scarce goods?

Help me out econ bums!

I mentioned the practice of naked short selling that investment firms use against their own clients.

" In an audacious move against Citigroup, the SEC, and the practice of "selling immunity", a Federal Judge in NY abruptly put the brakes on a settlement agreement proposed between the Obama Administration and another giant Wall Street firm accused of betting against their own investors. Judge Jed Rakoff sent a message today to Wall Street and the Securities Exchange Commission that may multiply in shockwaves. Rakoff refused to approve a $285 million dollar payout to drop charges against Citigroup for defrauding investors without admitting any guilt.

With prosecutions for bank fraud today at a 20 year low, the Occupy movement has focused new attention on questionable glad-handing between Wall Street titans and federal officials who are supposed to keep them honest.On his way out in 2008, President Bush issued a DOJ directive that greenlighted the practice of "deferred prosecutions" which gave DOJ and SEC desk jockeys incredible latitude to craft immunity deals in secret in exchange for millions in fines and promises to be better. But you might be disgusted to learn that these huge fines only went to the government after being split with attorneys for the banks. The sale of immunity prevented victims from suing for damages. This is why Rakoff's bold stand is so consequential - any finding of guilt opens up the floodgates for investors to bring civil suits.

The rest of the piece is at this link.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2397918

I would assume the free market advocates that post here believe that banks should be free to trade against their own investors?

• Like 1

Talk about wrapping something in cryptic garbage! Of course you have no idea the extent of which you put words in others' mouths, you've been fed an idea of what a conservative is and therefore anyone who subscribes to the idea you feel no compunction over ascribing hateful rhetoric to - tell me, is dehumanizing another person within the bounds of your compassion? Sorta like wrapping the destruction of the country as we know it and the accompanying widespread suffering and death inside this compassion-shell on the outside, rotten on the inside since it will take whatever it pleases from anyone - with the law behind it, set by those who have shown they can abuse other people's money most effectively - whereas people that steal these days mostly go to jail - unless of course they have friends in high places, abused the most in government...but government's not the root of the problem, of course, its that whole concept of going out and earning a living for oneself, right?

By the same rationale, why am I not enlightened at this moment? There are others that are, therefore this is supremely unfair and I DEMAND to be enlightened - anything less is callous, uncivilized, unfair!!! How can some be allowed to have while I have not?!?!?! While the rest of us have not! We should go find this 1% and demand that they utilize all of their spiritual powers to enlighten every single sentient being on the planet!

Cant beat me on ideas, so make it ad hominem and tell me to leave :rolleyes: Nice try, but if you want to endear others to your ideas of how the world works, it helps to show that great level of compassion you've supposedly cultivated within yourself!

Farms are paid not to grow....cmon people its simple supply and demand. If supply is up too high, price is not, if demand is up high, price goes up, if there is juuuust barely not enough or too much then "why, that's about right to manipulate the price." The government is "doing farmers a favor" by creating artificial shortage in order to keep price higher than it otherwise would be. The losers? Yup, us normal people. Exactly in the class of "government tinkering" I am referring to.

I am still convinced you know nothing of history and how single minded autocratic individuals such as yourself, create disastrous consequences for others! Further, you are not an economist and neither am I. The simplistic notion that the markets are just supply and demand with all participants as rational decision makers is just another propaganda campaign.

When I was studying for my degree in the early 80's, I took a core of classes (finance, economics and marketing) at one of the finest business schools in the country. The hero at the time was Dr. Milton Friedman who was a promoter of so called free markets. The free market BS sold by him with the filming of sweat shops in Hong Kong and proceeding from the conclusion that the Hong Kong model was what was best for all. What was offensive about the film, is that he re-framed sweatshop to free market enterprise. That is bogus propaganda.

• Like 3

Greetings..

The "country as we know it" is failing due to the harvesting of wealth and resources by the elite class for their excessive exclusive lifestyles, at the expense of those whose "time and efforts" are plundered by the corrupt capitalist policies (as opposed to regulated and functional 'Capitalist policies).. Joe, you are playing the scare card to try to preserve a failing system.. while "one percent" benefit from the current system's corrupt policies of defining, in their favor, what 'value' is assigned to the "time and effort" of those that are manipulated by the system which has been seized by corrupt means and by the force of influence by that same "one percent".. that "one percent" demonstrates no compassion for the 99% they manipulate to their own advantage, in fact.. the "one percent" influences and lobbies for government legislation that would lower the tax rates for themselves, further burdening the 99% to carry the weight of the lavish excesses of the "one percent", and.. that same "one percent" lobbies and influences the government to reduce the benefits it is obligated to pay back to those that paid into those benefit systems, another broken promise of the "corrupt" manipulators of Capitalist policies which began with the 'treaties' made with Native Americans.. it is the identifying characteristic of 'The Capitalist Hierarchy', the bottom of the hierarchy will suffer for the benefit of the top of the hierarchy.. there is no example of Capitalism where this is not observably true.. but, it doesn't need to be that way, all that is needed is real compassion, and.. the willingness to live within a structured system that assures everyone within that system will benefit from the collective effort, while rewarding specific efforts with 'reasonable and sustainable' variations within a regulated scale..

Nice!!, Joe.. now, is there any chance you hold a rational discussion??

"Beat you"??? how very sad, that you think this is about 'you', it's about freedom and the 'American Dream' that the policies you propose have raped.... no, i have put forth idea after idea for rational discussion and you 'blast' rhetoric and mischaracterizations as if that defends whatever you think is appropriate, but.. you fail to articulate even a fraction of a suggestion that might fix the broken system, and.. any suggestion that the 'status quo' is sufficient is uninformed or an outright deception intended to secure ill-gotten gains from that system..

The "compassion" i show by confronting your indefensible position is for the 'greater good', and whether you realize it or not, it is for your own good, too.. sooner or later, the oppressed will level the field, you will find a way to negotiate a compassionate social arrangement, or you will face a reckoning.. i am here to help you see this, it is a 'compassionate' effort, call it 'tough compassion'..

Pay attention, focus!! read the last five pages without your conservative ideology guiding your mind.. using ecologically sound farming practices, maximize yield.. create new jobs by shipping the excess to places that 'need' it, where there is suffering due to lack.. then, those regions can stabilize and become productive contributors to a civil society.. THIS requires compassion and will, This is "the rising tide that lifts all boats".. do you resist this, too, joeblast??

Be well..

Edited by TzuJanLi
  • Like 7

Greetings..

The "country as we know it" is failing due to the harvesting of wealth and resources by the elite class for their excessive exclusive lifestyles, at the expense of those whose "time and efforts" are plundered by the corrupt capitalist policies (as opposed to regulated and functional 'Capitalist policies).. Joe, you are playing the scare card to try to preserve a failing system.. while "one percent" benefit from the current system's corrupt policies of defining, in their favor, what 'value' is assigned to the "time and effort" of those that are manipulated by the system which has been seized by corrupt means and by the force of influence by that same "one percent".. that "one percent" demonstrates no compassion for the 99% they manipulate to their own advantage, in fact.. the "one percent" influences and lobbies for government legislation that would lower the tax rates for themselves, further burdening the 99% to carry the weight of the lavish excesses of the "one percent", and.. that same "one percent" lobbies and influences the government to reduce the benefits it is obligated to pay back to those that paid into those benefit systems, another broken promise of the "corrupt" manipulators of Capitalist policies which began with the 'treaties' made with Native Americans.. it is the identifying characteristic of 'The Capitalist Hierarchy', the bottom of the hierarchy will suffer for the benefit of the top of the hierarchy.. there is no example of Capitalism where this is not observably true.. but, it doesn't need to be that way, all that is needed is real compassion, and.. the willingness to live within a structured system that assures everyone within that system will benefit from the collective effort, while rewarding specific efforts with a 'reasonable and sustainable' variations within a regulated scale..

"Beat you"??? how very sad, that you think this is about 'you', it's about freedom and the 'American Dream' that the policies you propose have raped.... no, i have put forth idea after idea for rational discussion and you 'blast' rhetoric and mischaracterizations as if that defends whatever you think is appropriate, but.. you fail to articulate even a fraction of a suggestion that might fix the broken system, and.. any suggestion that the 'status quo' is sufficient is uninformed or an outright deception intended to secure ill-gotten gains from that system..

The "compassion" i show by confronting your indefensible position is for the 'greater good', and whether you realize it or not, it is for your own good, too.. sooner or later, the oppressed will level the field, you will find a way to negotiate a compassionate social arrangement, or you will face a reckoning.. i am here to help you see this, it is a 'compassionate' effort, call it 'tough compassion'..

Pay attention, focus!! read the last five pages without your conservative ideology guiding your mind.. using ecologically sound farming practices, maximize yield.. create new jobs by shipping the excess to places that 'need' it, where there is suffering due to lack.. then, those regions can stabilize and become productive contributors to a civil society.. THIS requires compassion and will, This is "the rising tide that lifts all boats".. do you resist this, too, joeblast??

Be well..

Excellent post! Historical documents are replete with people who buy into propaganda and then promote it as an absolute single minded truth.

• Like 1

When I first started posting here on The Tao Bums I was closer to the camp of Joeblast.

I totally appreciate all the great posts from him especially in Regards to how Qi Energy flows. etc.

I have been swayed by Serene Blue, ralis, and TzuJanLi and now see things in a Different Light.

My current opinion is that the 1% have in common the Habit of Exploitation. I think this is why they have allowed the flow of illegal alens to enter the US. So now they can also Exploit them as well.

Expoitation of people or of resources is not a good habit IMO.

I have officially moved to the Left of center now.

• Like 2

Greetings..

When I first started posting here on The Tao Bums I was closer to the camp of Joeblast.

I totally appreciate all the great posts from him especially in Regards to how Qi Energy flows. etc.

I have been swayed by Serene Blue, ralis, and TzuJanLi and now see things in a Different Light.

My current opinion is that the 1% have in common the Habit of Exploitation. I think this is why they have allowed the flow of illegal alens to enter the US. So now they can also Exploit them as well.

Expoitation of people or of resources is not a good habit IMO.

I have officially moved to the Left of center now.

Hi RFC: I try to avoid labels like 'left or right', center is okay, but.. i'm a realist, it works or it doesn't, and.. i'm patient, willing to give a process its fair chance, before concluding that its function is helpful or harmful.. and, the current version of corrupted capitalism is harmful. Welcome to the growing ranks of people willing to think for themselves..

Be well..

Greetings..

The "country as we know it" is failing due to the harvesting of wealth and resources by the elite class for their excessive exclusive lifestyles, at the expense of those whose "time and efforts" are plundered by the corrupt capitalist policies (as opposed to regulated and functional 'Capitalist policies).. Joe, you are playing the scare card to try to preserve a failing system.. while "one percent" benefit from the current system's corrupt policies of defining, in their favor, what 'value' is assigned to the "time and effort" of those that are manipulated by the system which has been seized by corrupt means and by the force of influence by that same "one percent".. that "one percent" demonstrates no compassion for the 99% they manipulate to their own advantage, in fact.. the "one percent" influences and lobbies for government legislation that would lower the tax rates for themselves, further burdening the 99% to carry the weight of the lavish excesses of the "one percent", and.. that same "one percent" lobbies and influences the government to reduce the benefits it is obligated to pay back to those that paid into those benefit systems, another broken promise of the "corrupt" manipulators of Capitalist policies which began with the 'treaties' made with Native Americans.. it is the identifying characteristic of 'The Capitalist Hierarchy', the bottom of the hierarchy will suffer for the benefit of the top of the hierarchy.. there is no example of Capitalism where this is not observably true.. but, it doesn't need to be that way, all that is needed is real compassion, and.. the willingness to live within a structured system that assures everyone within that system will benefit from the collective effort, while rewarding specific efforts with 'reasonable and sustainable' variations within a regulated scale..

Be well..

Wow!...Now that's a good read!

"supply and demand" for the USA, does not take into account what is "needed"

in other countries. The determining factor in this is "who can afford to pay".

When farms are paid to not grow food, in esscence they are pawns in creating scarcity

and profitable greed somewhere else.

When all peoples of the world do what is best for the world society, rather than bow to the orders of corporations as the lackeys they become, then it will become obvious that there are food and resources available for everyone. Profit and greed must be removed from providing the essential necessities of human living.

Wow!...Now that's a good read!

"supply and demand" for the USA, does not take into account what is "needed"

in other countries. The determining factor in this is "who can afford to pay".

When farms are paid to not grow food, in esscence they are pawns in creating scarcity

and profitable greed somewhere else.

When all peoples of the world do what is best for the world society, rather than bow to the orders of corporations as the lackeys they become, then it will become obvious that there are food and resources available for everyone. Profit and greed must be removed from providing the essential necessities of human living.

Wall Street speculation on farm commodities has created shortages of basics such as rice in the middle east and parts further East. The CFTC was given a mandate by Congress to put limits on farm commodities and oil speculation. So far they have done nothing. Excess money in the markets due to tax cuts for the 1%, create bubble markets which have nothing to do with the simplistic notion of supply and demand. It is the greed of Wall Street bankers who don't give a damn about anyone!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this