skydog

Just curious...Can building shapes/materials affect consciousness/brainwaves

Briefly watched something about sacred geometry and how it was apparantely used in egypt to affect brainwaves into a higher state of consciousness and how people find it easy to meditate in pyramids in bosnia.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Something about a resonant vortex that interconnects micro and macrocosm. Just pondering some of the geometry like the golden flower can help in finding the balance between left and right hemispheres. Its like logic is the macro and creativity is the micro.

No informer havent done any experimenting, but if it was true then maybe houses/buildings should be constructed that way lol, that picture of the flower is pretty to look at, I once saw a book about sacred geometry but it was massive, and at the time I couldnt be bothered to read it lol

Briefly watched something about sacred geometry and how it was apparantely used in egypt to affect brainwaves into a higher state of consciousness and how people find it easy to meditate in pyramids in bosnia.

Christianity used to have this knowledge which many of the cathedral builders used when designing buildings like the Chartres Cathedral in France, where they use sacred geometry, the use of light in stain glass and harmonics to induce a greater receptivity to higher states, but unfortunately this knowledge has been lost to most Christian groups. In the Fourth Way system they called this "objective art" http://objectiveart01.tripod.com/

• Like 1

Get some paper and a compass, construct your own flower of life. Then pin it to a wall and use it as your focal point during meditation.

A totally brilliant book is Christopher Alexander's 'A Pattern Language'. Here's from a reviewer on Amazon.

"Alexander and his co-authors present us with over two hundred (roughly 250) "patterns" that they believe must be present in order for an environment to be pleasing, comfortable, or in their words, "alive." The patterns start at the most general level -- the first pattern, "Independent Regions," describes the ideal political entity, while another of my favorite patterns, "Mosaic of Subcultures," described the proper distribution of different groups within a city. The patterns gradually become more specific -- you'll read arguments about how universities should relate to the community, the proper placement of parks, the role of cafes in a city's life. If you wonder about the best design for a home, the authors will describe everything from how roofs and walls should be built, down to how light should fall within the home, where your windows should be placed, and even the most pleasant variety of chairs in the home. An underlying theme of all the patterns is that architecture, at its best, can be used to foster meaningful human interaction, and the authors urge us to be aware of how the houses we build can help us balance needs for intimacy and privacy."

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0195019199/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=8108790008&ref=pd_sl_2hh3qewt3f_b

I am not too convinced about authenticity of pyramids in Bosnia , however it is possible that people find it easy to meditate there becouse it is beutiful natural setting plus a mix with a dose of some sort of self hypnosis . Just my opinion. :)

Other than that everything has a potential to be of an influnce to our state of being for sure to variying degrees.

Once while Wwoofing, I got to live in a circular rammed earth dome house, styled on an Islamic temple, and it felt amazing to be inside it...

it really made me appreciate Steiners theory that edges and corners create perspective, which is actually constantly, subtly, drawing ones mind and attention away from oneself...

I just love circular housing...

Edited by Seth Ananda

The bigger the better. Cathedrals are pretty sweet to be in. Our energy likes to have a lot of space...the consciousness takes up the shape of the room we are in. Being in nature is of course the most natural.