Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

What are we working on for January?

I'm happy with my core practices (emptiness, some standing, chant in the shower, kunlun on the toilet), yet I'm looking for something extra to do in January. Winter..it seems a time for hunkering down, gathering.

I suppose Tumo..ie body heating which I learned in Kap would be good. Also taking a few blood thinning herbs might be good for warmth.

What else??? I'm still working on Lucid Dreaming. I've gotten Stephen LaBerge's book Lucid Dreaming, A concise Guide..', I've been listening to the guided meditations in it daily. Result, as per usual heightened insomnia, yet I can't help but think if I can push past it, the book might open some doors.

Or just more. More sitting, I've been only sitting for 20 to 30 minutes lately. Maybe winters a time to up it.

Today I listened to a podcast of Eckhardt Tolle. I think I got it from Zencast, it was him reading his book and it was set to biaural beats. It felt powerful. A big reminder to set aside thoughts, watch'em but don't be them. Be separate, don't confuse yourself with thoughts.

This actually echoes the Lucid Dreaming meditations which constantly ask 'Who is aware?'

Getting off topic.. So, what are y'all working on this January?

I'm happy with my core practices (emptiness, some standing, chant in the shower, kunlun on the toilet), yet I'm looking for something extra to do in January. Winter..it seems a time for hunkering down, gathering.

I suppose Tumo..ie body heating which I learned in Kap would be good. Also taking a few blood thinning herbs might be good for warmth.

What else??? I'm still working on Lucid Dreaming. I've gotten Stephen LaBerge's book Lucid Dreaming, A concise Guide..', I've been listening to the guided meditations in it daily. Result, as per usual heightened insomnia, yet I can't help but think if I can push past it, the book might open some doors.

Or just more. More sitting, I've been only sitting for 20 to 30 minutes lately. Maybe winters a time to up it.

Today I listened to a podcast of Eckhardt Tolle. I think I got it from Zencast, it was him reading his book and it was set to biaural beats. It felt powerful. A big reminder to set aside thoughts, watch'em but don't be them. Be separate, don't confuse yourself with thoughts.

This actually echoes the Lucid Dreaming meditations which constantly ask 'Who is aware?'

I'm learning a Chen jian form.

Probably will run into February.

Massaging or otherwise activating all the yuan source points

Also...hegu, neiguan, and zusanli acupressure

Kidney massage

Maoshan 5 element standing generative cycle, and I-jong

Experimenting with daoyin

Strengthening apana vayu by activating the lower body through random movement

"Attention and Interpretation therapy"

Foundation, core exercises

Edited by Scotty

You could do a little palm/heat training - if you've done any laogung breathing before, extrapolate that concept and inhale the heat through the laogung. Works good with a fire or with the heat vents in the car. (once you've got some proficiency mess with it, push back at the heat, do tummo and bring the heat to your palm, see how it differs from the external heat, bring it back2dt, make it bright.)

Although, that's manifesting not gathering :lol:

I think I'm going to switch back to Flying Phoenix Chi Kung for a couple weeks. I'll do the sitting sets in the morning and the standing sets at night. Its been a while since I've focused on FPCK (since August), and in the past it has had the effect of an energetic power wash; really opening up the channels. I only stopped practicing after six months because I felt like a misalignment in my hip was preventing me from progressing and that it needed to be adjusted via non FPCK means. So I've also been practicing yoga and to help with alignment.

I feel like I've got my energetic 'plumbing' more closely aligned now and some FPCK might really flush out the system in a profound way. FPCK was the first chi kung practice that had a tangible energetic effect for me, so maybe it is special to me because of that. At any rate, I'm kind of excited to go back to the practice, if even for a short time. It may be longer, depending on how it goes.

Edited by Green Tiger

I'm going to be doing some pretty basic sensing of the body meditations to try to integrate myself more emotionally, while continue to search for a Taoist/any other teacher who really understands healing on a deep level.

Matrix Re-Imprinting for memories

The healing codes

Magical Passes, then shaking medicine and gibberish meditation combined with periods of meditation

Qigong- Ken cohen's routine

Zen- looking at every thought writing it down

Microcosmic orbit and Inner smile (really get it down)

Yoga for the hips

Yin Jin Jing and Five animal frolics

Astral projection

Trying to memorise at least all the theory before I go travelling, some days Ive done 7 hours or more, however some days Ive wasted my day sleeping drained my energy masturbating

Deepen my Frantzis' Water Method by dissolving emotional blockages.

Bring greater awareness to my attachments.

Be more disciplined with my reading and writing habits.

Sell my first screenplay.

Bring my bodyfat back down to 11%.

Be the best father I can be.

PS - Whoops! - I just realized that this was for January... but I listed my goals for 2012.

Edited by Encephalon

Kettlebell Core Training

Five Tibetans

More sitting meditation (every day would be good). With a focus on chakra/kundalini work.

Since my shaktipat experience, I feel as if I'm being guided to more 'yogic' disciplines. So I'll see how it goes.

Sign in to follow this