Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

The gateways to Dao

thesombrerogalaxy.jpg

Right in the middle is the source where we all return as yang spirits (when ready to merge with the Absolute, return to the Dao, attain Nirvana). You look at the center of the galaxy using a physical perspective but the spiritual dimension to it needs to be experienced via deep meditation or OBE.

I can see now why mountain Daoist sages started practicing circle walking meditations in order to fast track their spiritual development.

Black holes on the other hand are our yin connection to the Absolute, the storage of our internal energy and residence of the true lower dantien.

blackholed.jpg

I feel mountain Daoists might have beel able to see that far into the deep space (or at least during their sitting meditation practice) with nakes eyes after reading a report which discusses how Dogon people of Mali (Africa) may have been able to see Sirius B (using dark eye techniques), a star in the cluster that, due to its high magnitude, should not be viewable to the naked eye. Low or nil atmospheric and light pollution explain why these ancient groups developed such skills.

nice post Gerard. i wish all the best circle walking for you this year.

sometimes we hear the question, "if you could meet anyone in history, who would you want to meet most?"

my answer would be that i would like to meet one of those ancient mountain taoist circle walkers.

• Like 1

YMW :)

I am also wishing the same for you (I am assuming you are also a circle walker).

Yes the quiet ones, many of those hermits returned to the Source, the Great Spirit, quietly, in the silence of the sacred Chinese mountains. Big respect to them!

DhqPrayingmonikB.gif

Happy year of the water dragon!

:)

I can see now why mountain Daoist sages started practicing circle walking meditations in order to fast track their spiritual development.

How does circle walking fast track spiritual development?

How does circle walking fast track spiritual development?

You get dizzy and think you have attained enlightenment.

• Like 2

hmmm :lol: is that what it was?!

enlightened taoist? really? certainly not me. i am in awe of the mystery and the great unknown.

but i pretend to be indifferent to it all :blush:

year of the water dragon? is it synchronicity that the bagua form i will be playing with this year is

called the water dragon?

yes Gerard i am a fellow circle walker. my room mate is also (altho he is much better than me)

also a fellow circle walker. as are roughly a third of my firends!

• Like 1

year of the water dragon?

Saw in the news this morning that China has released its new postage(?) stamp for the year of the dragon. Some are criticizing it because it has big bad ass teeth and claws and they say it scares them. The artist of the stamp defended it saying that it was meant to express how much of a world power China is becoming.

Hehe...well I am truly interested. Have been researching the practice online, trying it myself...

Very funny:

76729648.png

http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/articles/2012/01/05/chinas_dragon_stamp_breathes_criticism_fear/

I think the Chinese should be really scared of what they have become.

Answering Scotty's question:

What do you do when your clothes are dirty?

Daoist koan? ;)

z., what style of BGZ do you practice? Water dragon (swimming dragon) you said? That must be Cheng Tinghua's, if I am correct, do I? Cool, enjoy it. It's demanding stuff as it targets even more your kidneys, so dealing with FEAR will be the major issue in your life from that moment on.

Hehe...well I am truly interested. Have been researching the practice online, trying it myself...

Yeah, I am sure there is some value in it. If nothing else it would keep the mind and body concentrated on a specific process so that the mind could become clearer and open for new inspirations.

i also have the swimming dragon set from liang shou yu but the set i will be playing comes from chris matsuo

@scotty, i thought your teacher was a snake bagua guy? no circle walking?

@scotty, i thought your teacher was a snake bagua guy? no circle walking?

I haven't learned it, or the snake bagua, but apparently he does teach circle walking. I rarely have the opportunity to learn from him due to distance and finances. :)

I haven't learned it, or the snake bagua, but apparently he does teach circle walking. I rarely have the opportunity to learn from him due to distance and finances. :)

i know , right? i do realize how wildly lucky i am to have a room mate who is a 30 + year BGZ player.

i also greatly benefit from the kind generosity of chris matsuo.

i have set a personal goal of circle walking 1,000 hours this year. doesnt matter if i actually hit that number or not.

it is just an arbitrary number that i came up with.

Wow, you realize that's almost 3 hours every single day?

Since you're considering doing so much...why do you practice circle walking, zerostao?

Wow, you realize that's almost 3 hours every single day?

Since you're considering doing so much...why do you practice circle walking, zerostao?

i am trying to get to the next level.

i feel circle walking is the single most beneficial thing i can do for health, martial , and spiritual results.

with each and every step i am gaining something good.

3 hours a day , yeah, but what else am i gonna do with my time?

well some 8 mother palms and various qigongs and meditations. plus my vibrating palm play.

this weekend i get my teenage fellow bagua wannabees started on 9 palace stepping.

this is what i do, becoz it is what i enjoy to do.

circle walking is also shamanic

If you are prepared to invest that much time in your spiritual practice you may want to consider the following too:

1) Do any practice that helps you feel settled - meditating, having a quiet ten mins drinking a cup of tea, watching clouds go by in silence etc. When your energy becomes settled you begin to feel it sink from your chest to around your stomach and lower - here is when you afford yourself the chance to begin to notice a differnt internal presence. The danger of circle walking is that your energy remains high and does not settle - so if you continue walking be aware of this my friend.

2) Take time to observe the world around you so you may notice the presence of a common trait in all things: the appearance of IT in a cloud is no different than the expression of IT in a stone or a flower or a tree. The more time you watch nature (even animals) the greater your chance of noticing IT.

These two types of practice are all you need. Spirituality is not on levels, it's simply a case of 'awakening' to something you don't already notice and you are unlikely to do that until you slow down, stop 'doing' things and start to 'be'.

Best of luck,

Heath

Spirituality is not on levels, it's simply a case of 'awakening' to something you don't already notice and you are unlikely to do that until you slow down, stop 'doing' things and start to 'be'.

Best of luck,

Heath

I like that.

good advice, thanks. i am wondering if i had siad i would try and limit my circle walking to 3 hours a day.....lol

so many clouds to gaze and tea to sip, animals to befriend.

edit> what i get from chuang tzu is that there is an intuitive way of understanding the Tao without "spiritual exercises"

Edited by zerostao

The danger of circle walking is that your energy remains high and does not settle - so if you continue walking be aware of this my friend.

BGZ works on all levels, horizontal, vertical, internal and external. Nothing is missed. It takes you back to the centre of the circle/stillness/emptiness (wuji) and from there you return to the Dao.

i live in a national forest.

Do you happen to live in the Great Smoky Mtns?

BGZ works on all levels, horizontal, vertical, internal and external. Nothing is missed. It takes you back to the centre of the circle/stillness/emptiness (wuji) and from there you return to the Dao.

Do you happen to live in the Great Smoky Mtns?

i am in the great smokeys often, as they are in between cherokee national forest which i also visit often

and daniel boone national forest where i live.

You still do seated meditation, yes? smile.gif

yeppers, i do.

this past weekend of full moon qigong was incredible.

Sign in to follow this