ATMA

What Brought you Here?

What brought you to the way? What made you seek out spiritualism?

Personally I discovered information on the way unintentionally long ago. I thought it was interesting but only after 'living the lie' so to speak of materialistic society did I realize it wasn't fulfilling for me. Or rather I was lousy at the game so I went looking for something else. It's my alienation from the norm that propelled me down this, which is for me, 'the only true path'.

Is it possible that spiritualism is a sort an escape route for those who 'suck' at materialism?

Are we, the supposed enlightened, the weak? The rejects?

What drove you to this point? Were you indoctrinated with it since childhood?

I'm just trying to decipher a kind of basic phenotype to the seeker class. Your histories would be excellent to read.

Or any thoughts or ideas welcomed. The more the marry her.

Om.

“I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” Matthew 19:23-24

It seems like not-rich is a good starting point, lol.

Edited by Informer
  • Like 1

What brought you to the way? What made you seek out spiritualism?

Personally I discovered information on the way unintentionally long ago. I thought it was interesting but only after 'living the lie' so to speak of materialistic society did I realize it wasn't fulfilling for me. Or rather I was lousy at the game so I went looking for something else. It's my alienation from the norm that propelled me down this, which is for me, 'the only true path'.

Is it possible that spiritualism is a sort an escape route for those who 'suck' at materialism?

What drove you to this point? Were you indoctrinated with it since childhood?

I'm just trying to decipher a kind of basic phenotype to the seeker class. Your histories would be excellent to read.

Or any thoughts or ideas welcomed. The more the marry her.

Om.

Being rich and being spiritually awakened are not mutually exclusive. It might be so in the west however. I got into spirituality after I lost my father and had to support my family at the age of 19. I started to be able to cope with the grief and it morphed into something more intense. I was attracted to the martial arts since i was a kid and so my interest in daoism.

Hmmm i started meditating a little bit over a year for anxiety reasons and began to feel more calm, which was a great help to me.

Then the second semester of my sophomore year in college i actually took an eastern philosophy class and we covered confucianism, taoism, buddhism, and hinduism. I felt that i could connect to taoism the most even though it is the most "obscure" one to understand.

Since then i began putting into practice taoism and also started opening myself up to spirituality and i think it has been a positive change.

Personally, the path is a means of autonomy. Why have our views and goals directed by a circle of greed that merely devours everything? Getting swept up in that cycle is about as easy as getting hit by a car. The path keeps us from chasing every ball we see on the other side of the road. Awareness of gods vs. awareness of dogs. We are merely at the crossroad and we can catch a ride in any direction. I guess the most important thing is to know which direction is which before we jump in.