Evre

Hardship

You could say, in most cases, that there is a valuable lesson to be learned in hardship. And the fact that these trials are manifested into our lives, is in fact, a gift. However, it comes to my attention that there is no conceivable way that some hardships could be a gift.

Examples:

1. Stroke leads to paralysis severely restricting the experience of life

2. Accident leads to death with no benefit to the victim

3. Child dies at birth... need I say more?

The list goes on...

WHY, does the same Tao which gives life, enlightenment, wisdom, profound insight into events, creates and manages the world in harmony, ALSO, manifest ugliness, premature death, deformities, mental illnesses?

In all honesty, the question remains, what the hell does this all mean?

I have read Tao Te Ching, and a good book on it, and recognize that it's application leads to many wonderful things, but I still cannot understand these horrible things that I witness, in spiritual terms.

I seek to understand these things, in the light of a spiritual perspective, but with sadness, I am forced into thinking that all events are random, and that "Tao" is merely a wise concept for managing life.

Something tells me there is more to life, and Tao, than I currently understand. But I am in serious need of guidance.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

For there to exist two there must first exist 1 of each. So for without the effect there can be no cause.

Looking from within the polarity of good/bad there has to be good for there to be a bad in comparison. Although the bad that we experience now is far worse than it needs to be. In a future Utopic Society, the level in regards to be bad could me as little as running out of TP, in comparison to today in which people die of starvation.

So good and bad is basically a relative discriptor. The natural process of life and death need not be looked at as either good or bad, simply the process.

Edited by Informer

So the manifestation of ugliness, is so that beauty can be known?

Is this at the expense of those who got struck with lightening however? What's in it for them?

Just because we deem something to be good or bad, doesn't make it actually so, only relatively so. Natural process doesn't seem to rely on what we think of as good or bad. This is because our interpretation is generally in regards to our little own selves. Which our "own little selves" is highly dependent upon personal experience, which come from the people we grow up around the schools we go to, the country we were born in to our religion, etc . .

If you look beyond all those things, you will see a whole lot more of actuality, compared to what you currently deem to be reality.

• Like 2

For example; an extremely rich person that is used to all the amenities and servants that money can buy, would consider my life bad. Although his opinion doesn't make it bad. My opinion is that my life is good, although that too doesn't make it good, only relatively so.

Is there good intention and bad intention then? Of course there is, it's called using your heart vs using personal desire and greed to decide things.

:)

• Like 2

You could say, in most cases, that there is a valuable lesson to be learned in hardship. And the fact that these trials are manifested into our lives, is in fact, a gift. However, it comes to my attention that there is no conceivable way that some hardships could be a gift.

Examples:

1. Stroke leads to paralysis severely restricting the experience of life

2. Accident leads to death with no benefit to the victim

3. Child dies at birth... need I say more?

The list goes on...

WHY, does the same Tao which gives life, enlightenment, wisdom, profound insight into events, creates and manages the world in harmony, ALSO, manifest ugliness, premature death, deformities, mental illnesses?

In all honesty, the question remains, what the hell does this all mean?

I have read Tao Te Ching, and a good book on it, and recognize that it's application leads to many wonderful things, but I still cannot understand these horrible things that I witness, in spiritual terms.

I seek to understand these things, in the light of a spiritual perspective, but with sadness, I am forced into thinking that all events are random, and that "Tao" is merely a wise concept for managing life.

Something tells me there is more to life, and Tao, than I currently understand. But I am in serious need of guidance.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Sitting in full lotus yoga position is considered "good pain" - because it relies on the principles of complementary opposite resonance -- of yin-yang harmonics -- to create chi energy. Taoism is based on self-reliance whereas a lot of religions rely on accepting suffering in terms of hierarchical power and this is a more passive approach to solving problems.

So there are 30,000 kids that starve to death every day on the planet currently. That's about 1 million a month and about 11 million a year. Yet this information rarely gets reported because people feel helpless about doing anything. To solve such a problem requires analyzing international relations - I have a masters degree in these type of issues -- and then we become embroiled in confronting corruption. We see this depicted in martial arts films a lot -- the Taoists use their personal training to confront corrupt powerful leaders who create mass suffering. The Taoists will sacrifice their lives for this to stop the corruption.

But on a deeper level Mother Nature is the most violent on the planet -- supervolcanos, comets, ice ages -- these are just like a nuclear apocalypse. Modern civilization is the equivalent of a natural catastrophe on Earth -- human civilization is creating mass death, genocide and depletion of resources, fresh water, clean air, etc. So human modern civilization is just like an impersonal force of Mother Nature that wipes out life on Earth that has been here billions of years. Every few millions of years -- tens of millions -- there is a mass extinction of life on Earth and ecology starts over. Humans are literally the last couple minutes of time of life on Earth over the billions of years -- we are a blip of nothing compared to bacteria, etc.

Most of all Mother Nature does not need males -- most of nature reproduces without males -- called parthenogenesis -- females can reproduce without males. Males provide some genetic diversity through sex but the male mammal creates stress to the system through the sex of males -- and so this is the secret of the Taoist energy training to turn this energy around and turn it into healing chi energy through universal love energy. So the original human culture was the Bushmen of Africa from 100,000 BCE to 10,000 BCE and the Bushmen males all trained to sublimate their sex energy for electromagnetic shamanic healing of the females -- and the Bushmen culture was peaceful with no organized warfare. Any killing of animals was done with respect to the spirits of the animals.

So most of human history is peaceful and actually full of health - the modern humans claim otherwise but it's just because the Bushmen were corrupted soon after they were discovered by modern people -- the Bushmen were enslaved by the Bantu africans who got iron hoes and iron weapons from the Western civilization with plow-based farming starting around 10,000 BCE. So this was based on a philosophy to contain infinity using geometry and phonetic language -- this plow-based solar calendar farming.

Actually it is argued that this development of desertification of Earth through plow-based solar calendar iron farming was actually also aligned with the Holocene Era that is linked to the Earth's precession of the equinox -- the Ice Age cycles are tied to the Earth-Sun-Moon cycle that creates a wobble of the Earth's tilt as it orbits the Sun. So there is a backwards wobble to Earth due to the yin-yang dynamics of the Moon and Sun on Earth. So the role of humans on Earth is part of this larger cycle -- life on Earth is actually part of this development of the sun-moon-earth cycle.

So the Universe also has mass violence of solar systems being destroyed and galaxies being destroyed and supernova explosions but these are essential to create the matter for the heavy molecules for life to develop. And so all the destruction in the Universe is tied to a larger harmony of life's evolution -- science calls this "biocosm" but science wants to help the whole universe "evolve" -- so that when there is a collapse into a black hole then the universe can start over on better terms. But science is increasingly controlled by artificial intelligence - the machines are taking over. In fact modern Logic going back to Western origins is actually a mechanical logic based on the projection of logarithmic mathematics.

O.K. so basically you have Nature, Machines, Humans -- and the real answer is none of the three -- the real answer is formless consciousness as the Wu Chi or the secret origin of the Universe. We can not see Wu Chi but the Taoist philosophy of complementary opposites enables a person to resonate back to this formless source -- to create the loving light energy that is the source of matter. This light energy eternally forms and breaks up matter -- the light energy is created from the process of complementary opposites as a formless process. So the process as consciousness -- impersonal -- and female -- as Wu Chi -- is the ultimate mystery that can never be unveiled -- we can listen to it in silence and when we see it there is light created as healing light from the love energy of the heart of our bodies. The heart connects beyond spacetime to this formless realm - just as a black hole turns into a white hole -- spacetime reverses direction and life starts over again.

In this sense suffering is actually the means by which a deeper problem is solved -- only during the suffering we can not understand the deeper problem or be aware of it -- only when we see the light that heals the suffering do we realize that the previous suffering was a "growing pain." So this process is impersonal -- it's not like a person decides to create suffering - it is a blockage like good music needs to have disharmony to make it interesting. It is the play of the universe -- so it is like artwork and also like absurd black comedy. So if we can understand the deeper cause of suffering then we can resonate with the process of complementary opposites -- the practices of energy work in non-western shamanic cultivation -- and this can also heal suffering and return us to our natural state of euphoria through the heart-pineal gland third eye communication of the soul light energy.

Edited by fulllotus

The world is always big, beautiful, and in perfect balance. But even on this forum I see people say that the world is corrupted by politicians, greed, and evil. But that stuff is not important, the universe doesn't need to think about that sort of stuff because it doesn't make judgments, it's like a giant storm of pure power. A storm doesn't ask a little twig if it's OK to bend it, because it just doesn't matter. People think they are so big with their big egos that by looking down on the world they think they see the big picture but that is not enough. So annoying. Even if I make a completely nonjudgmental statement saying "it doesn't matter", one person would take it as something bad and will just admit that the world is a miserable place where no one and nothing cares about him happiness and he could just die right now. Another person will realize that this is a good thing and will see a way to create his own happiness, so many people feel pressure from the world to be good and always do the right thing because they are being watched and judged, something like this is perfect for setting them free. I say, bring on hell MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA

The world is always big, beautiful, and in perfect balance. But even on this forum I see people say that the world is corrupted by politicians, greed, and evil. But that stuff is not important, the universe doesn't need to think about that sort of stuff because it doesn't make judgments, it's like a giant storm of pure power. A storm doesn't ask a little twig if it's OK to bend it, because it just doesn't matter. People think they are so big with their big egos that by looking down on the world they think they see the big picture but that is not enough. So annoying. Even if I make a completely nonjudgmental statement saying "it doesn't matter", one person would take it as something bad and will just admit that the world is a miserable place where no one and nothing cares about him happiness and he could just die right now. Another person will realize that this is a good thing and will see a way to create his own happiness, so many people feel pressure from the world to be good and always do the right thing because they are being watched and judged, something like this is perfect for setting them free. I say, bring on hell MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vfhzdpY0sY&feature=channel_video_title Check out the opening scene of this flick -- demonstrates the Taoist principle behind suffering well when the Taoist master appears....

so many people feel pressure from the world to be good and always do the right thing because they are being watched and judged, something like this is perfect for setting them free. I say, bring on hell

Therein lies the difference, do you do what you do (or don't do) because it is expected or do you do what you do (or don't do) because the heart agrees?

The heart is a built in sense, that can see much further than our brain can articulate, imo.

Edited by Informer

The heart is a built in sense, that can see much further than our brain can articulate, imo.

Informer,

You are quite correct on this. This usually goes on the list of things ill never post about but im glad to hear this from someone else. Informer I dont know what training your doing but your going in the right place.

I was going to make a post about the eye of the heart but I decided against it.

I think the heart center is the common ground in which the majority of religions point to. Then they all think that they are right when they find it, unless they are able to consider alternative perspectives and interpretations. It is not generally condoned to consider alternative perspectives or angles by the religion because religions generally deem to own the path, which is hysterical to me, while they all remain so divided.

The Tao is different in this way. It see's that we are all going along different paths towards the same common points. There are religious Taoist that may disagree, I don't know.

I see the Tao the universe microcosm/macrocosm and any possible alternative universes as what is the Tao. The natural order of things. The way that everything works together and effects/affects one another. Being aware of the Tao makes you more aware of what you are a part of, to forgo being an individual piece or a small section to being a part of a giant puzzle.

The Tao is the entire puzzle that you are a small part of, rather than it being a part of you. It's that which we are all a part of and connected together through.

Edited by Informer

I consider the stroke I had to be a wonderful gift now in hindsight. I was prompted to learn about myself, my own health, and how to manage things more safely than fire rituals. I'm still recovering but it's almost like a project now, releasing certain areas and reintegrating them into my whole being.

I think the heart center is the common ground in which the majority of religions point to. Then they all think that they are right when they find it, unless they are able to consider alternative perspectives and interpretations. It is not generally condoned to consider alternative perspectives or angles by the religion because religions generally deem to own the path, which is hysterical to me, while they all remain so divided.

The Tao is different in this way. It see's that we are all going along different paths towards the same common points. There are religious Taoist that may disagree, I don't know.

I see the Tao the universe microcosm/macrocosm and any possible alternative universes as what is the Tao. The natural order of things. They way they everything works together and effect/affect one another. Being aware of the Tao makes you more aware of what you are a part of, to forgo being and individual piece to being a part of a giant puzzle.

To quote the head abbot of shaolin in the flick I am watching:

"Become monks so as to learn kungfu. I'm sure you know we here at Shaolin don't just practice the martial arts. It's to achieve mental control. A man of unpure heart would not achieve much as he would harm himself as well as harm other men."

To quote the head abbot of shaolin in the flick I am watching:

"Become monks so as to learn kungfu. I'm sure you know we here at Shaolin don't just practice the martial arts. It's to achieve mental control. A man of unpure heart would not achieve much as he would harm himself as well as harm other men."

Haha true, like a self-defense mechanism.

I think the tough experiences i have been through have lead me to question everything and find solutions for myself. Will those solutions work for others? Nothing could be further from the truth. I disagree with you Drew that humans are some kind of blight. That seems to be a far too common view today. And handing the responsability over to large processors with the wrong algorythms is suicidal IMO. It's like putting the wrong formula for risk management of derivatives into the hands of accountants. Oh wait...

• Like 1

I think the tough experiences i have been through have lead me to question everything and find solutions for myself. Will those solutions work for others? Nothing could be further from the truth. I disagree with you Drew that humans are some kind of blight. That seems to be a far too common view today. And handing the responsability over to large processors with the wrong algorythms is suicidal IMO. It's like putting the wrong formula for risk management of derivatives into the hands of accountants. Oh wait...

Actually a blight can "save the world" -- mushrooms! haha. Yeah so that IS my point -- ecology is greatly misunderappreciloved by humans. haha.

Mycelium running: how mushrooms can help save the world - Google Books Result

books.google.com/books?isbn=1580085792...Paul Stamets - 2005 - Cooking - 339 pages

Parasitic Mushrooms: Blights of the Forest or Agents for Habitat Restoration? Parasites are predators that endanger the host's health. In the past, foresters saw ..

Edited by fulllotus

Good video Drew. Still, he's a human, right? Or is he now assimilated to the spores?

Wait a minute, what if all our problems are just due to humanity's jonesing for more magic shrooms?...

Still not agreeing with you on the human=extinction event. That's talking far too much like your adversaries.

Good video Drew. Still, he's a human, right? Or is he now assimilated to the spores?

Wait a minute, what if all our problems are just due to humanity's jonesing for more magic shrooms?...

Still not agreeing with you on the human=extinction event. That's talking far too much like your adversaries.

Human means HUMUS -- that's the root of human -- and mushrooms creates humus. Stamets starts off the video saying Earth is experiencing an extinction crisis that is one of six crisis on Earth's history of life over billions of years -- so factually yes modern humanity is creating an extinction crisis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction

The Holocene extinction refers to the extinction of species during the present Holocene epoch (since around 10,000 BC). The large number of extinctions span numerous families of plants and animals including mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles and arthropods; a sizeable fraction of these extinctions are occurring in the rainforests. 875 extinctions occurring between 1500 and 2009 have been documented by the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources.[1] However, most extinctions go undocumented. According to the species-area theory and based on upper-bound estimating, up to 140,000 species per year may be the present rate of extinction.[2]

In broad usage, Holocene extinction includes the disappearance of large mammals, known as megafauna, starting roughly 11,500 years ago due to abrupt climate change at the end of the last Ice Age. Such disappearances have normally been considered as either a result of climate change, or the proliferation of modern humans, or both.

So evolutionary biologist -- Michael Soule -- has stated that since the 1970s large mammals have STOPPED EVOLVING -- ecologically -- humans are large mammals. Humans are evolutionary dead -- the above extinction crisis has killed off the evolution of humans in ecology.

but 90% of human history is not like that -- I mean the Bushmen culture of Africa from 100,000 BCE to 10,000 BCE. haha. That's the original shamanic culture that had the energy healing that is the same as Taoism.

Yeah stamets thinks the internet is a means to solve the ecological crisis but only if he can use the internet to promote mushrooms taking over human civilization. haha. He says mushrooms are the original internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OlmbWECVm0&feature=player_embedded

John Trudell -- he says that we are programmed to believe there is something wrong with us as human beings and use that to push an emotional button.

So I agree that this idea of thinking of human individuals as having "original sin" is wrong -- but it's an error of logical type between individual humans and humanity as a whole.

Gregory Bateson made this point in his book "Mind and Nature: A necessary unity" -- so individuals want to have families but individuals rarely think of humanity as a whole -- so that having to many families creates geometric population growth. but that is the standard problem in ecology -- it's called the "carrying capacity" and once it's reached then the system collapses. Humans are no different than any other ecological species that becomes dominant -- only like mushrooms we are transforming the whole landscape.

So yes we are a blight like mushrooms and the blight has now created the internet -- but the internet is actually supposed to be artificial intelligence. I mean google has made their driverless car. haha. The whole thrust of Western math and logic is to make the automaton - automation is the biggest cause of job loss but this is rarely talked about.

Gurdjieff said how modern humans are controlled by the kundabuffer -- this is the blockage in the small of the back -- the gate of life and death -- and so sitting in full lotus stretches out the kundabuffer so that the human individual is not controlled by it. haha.

Yes modern humans are mind controlled by left-brain dominance into techno-feminists. Technology by primates goes back to females attempting to avoid rape by male chimpanzees. So first female chimps used spears. Bonoboes though use female sex for peace and the male bonobos rarely ejaculate unlike the male chimps. haha. So the problem of the modern human is the physiology of the male primate with his phallic technology -- attempting to appease females -- but the secret of love is lost. The modern male primate does not know how to control his lower body so he is controlled by the kundabuffer.

The deeper meaning is just a cycling of the elements -- desertification is fire as Empire -- EmPYRE - the funeral pyre as a fire.

Metal creates Fire -- that destroys Wood as ecology -- carbon-based life is left-handed asymmetric molecules while the new silica-based iron-based technology is right-hand technology with left-brain dominant humans. So there is a complementary opposite relation between left brain dominance of science and rational thinking with right hand technology as inherently destructive of right-brain ecological shamanism and left-handed carbon-based life on earth.

So the modern human is against the ecological right-brain dominant shamanic human.

John Trudell says that emotional energy was the secret to the 1960s but that emotional energy just created more chaos.

Yes the secret of the training is to go beyond the emotions -- to leverage the emotional energy -- to create the electromagnetic healing energy.

I go into more of an overview of this plan for Earth -- the Actual Matrix Plan http://nonduality.com/hempel.htm that I had online first back in 2001.

It is very radical and the biggest denial is about ecology -- I call this the Alchemy of De-Nile. It goes back to the early iron-based tantra civilizations of Western Asia -- like Egypt based on the Nile river and how alchemy originally came from Ethiopia but the meaning was changed when it went into Egypt.

So the iron-based culture became dominant in India about 1800 BC when iron technology -- around 1200 BC - became dominant so that the silver currency which represented the female lunar ecological shamanism -- that female ecological lunar shamanism was replaced by iron. The iron became more valuable than silver currency.

But it goes back earlier to the philosophy that geometry can be "contained" through technology -- as contained infinity. A sort of left-brain crystallization that's called the power set axiom -- early forms of the Pythagorean Theorem in Egypt are based on this. The base of the triangle is ISIS and the height is OSIRIS and the hypotenuse is SET/HORUS. to keep this technology developing there must be "mass ritual sacrifice" through the "separation of heaven and earth" - that goes directly against the harmony of heaven and earth of the small universe practice.

So left brain dominant called "rationalism" is actually insanity against real humanity. haha. It's a type of mind control because the left brain cuts off the rest of the body emotional energy -- so that people are controlled by their lower emotional blockages.

The pineal gland heart connection provides the physiological means of calm peaceful loving sustainable healing energy for humans on earth -- the heart hearth -- to hear time instead of containing time as spatial measurement. It's a deep lost secret.

Edited by fulllotus

Oh alright then. ;)

I just cut up some Artist Conk mushroom to make tea -- because mushroom is the secret means to counteract the inflammation of wheat farming that goes back to this problem - -starting around 10,000 BCE.

So yeah I think modern humans are jonesing for shrooms -- be they psychedelic or medicinal.

http://www.cordycepsreishiextracts.com/artist_conk_extract.htm

It's the U.S. version of Reishi the elixir of immortality.

Edited by fulllotus

TTC Chapter 5, vs 1 "Heaven and Earth (nature?) are impartial; they treat all of creation as straw dogs."

A wise bum noted, straw dogs are ultimately thrown away, but during there time of use are valued.

Personally, shit happens, asking why(?) is secondary to how can I help?