Sign in to follow this  
Sean OD

Hi

Hi. I am Sean and I reside in New York and have been a student of Master CK Chu for three years. I love studying Tai Chi, Nei Gung, and Chi Gung . I would love to learn more about Tao philosophy. Thanks

Hi. I am Sean and I reside in New York and have been a student of Master CK Chu for three years. I love studying Tai Chi, Nei Gung, and Chi Gung . I would love to learn more about Tao philosophy. Thanks

Greetings from LA-

I take my Nei Kung instruction from Jim Borrelli, Master Chu's former student and co-author of the Book of Nei Kung. I've been practicing Nei Kung for a little over three years. I can only express lighthearted envy regarding your extraordinary priviledge to study with Master Chu. :)

My reading list to support my informal study of Taoism has been pretty steady these last three years -

The Complete Book of Chinese Health and Healing by Daniel Reid

Scholar/Warrior and 365 Tao by Deng Ming-dao

The Book of Leadership and Strategy: Lessons of the Chinese Masters by Thomas Cleary

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Taoism by Brandon Toropov (don't let the title fool ya)

I just recently started reading the works of Livia Kohn -Internal Alchemy

I didn't even start reading original texts like the Tao te Ching until I acquired some cultural context from these sources. Some might disagree with that strategy.

I realize you didn't ask for a reading list. It's just that reading is still a time-honored means of personal scholarship and often exceeds internet forums in terms of the quality of information that can be gleaned. Although you will no doubt find sincere cultivators here in TTB.

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

Greetings from LA-

I take my Nei Kung instruction from Jim Borrelli, Master Chu's former student and co-author of the Book of Nei Kung. I've been practicing Nei Kung for a little over three years. I can only express lighthearted envy regarding your extraordinary priviledge to study with Master Chu. :)

My reading list to support my informal study of Taoism has been pretty steady these last three years -

The Complete Book of Chinese Health and Healing by Daniel Reid

Scholar/Warrior and 365 Tao by Deng Ming-dao

The Book of Leadership and Strategy: Lessons of the Chinese Masters by Thomas Cleary

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Taoism by Brandon Toropov (don't let the title fool ya)

I just recently started reading the works of Livia Kohn -Internal Alchemy

I didn't even start reading original texts like the Tao te Ching until I acquired some cultural context from these sources. Some might disagree with that strategy.

I realize you didn't ask for a reading list. It's just that reading is still a time-honored means of personal scholarship and often exceeds internet forums in terms of the quality of information that can be gleaned. Although you will no doubt find sincere cultivators here in TTB.

Regards,

Scott

Thank you Scott for the recommended reading. I will definitely look into those books. Studying with Master Chu is great. I really feel lucky and privileged to have found the school. I find that it has really changed my life for the better. Thanks again . Sean

Sign in to follow this