Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Looking for a recent post with a link to a Chi kung pdf

The pdf I'm looking for was authored by a man and a woman. There was one reference to recognizing the nervous system as an extension of the brain. Can anyone locate this? I think it got posted around Dec. 21st.

Thanks.

Bingo. "Release to Freedom: The Dissolving Process of the Taoist Water Method"

THE EMPTY VESSEL, Fall 1999 by Frank Allen & Sally Kealy.

I'd definitely recommend this to everyone exploring Frantzis' works.

Thanks.

Bingo. "Release to Freedom: The Dissolving Process of the Taoist Water Method"

THE EMPTY VESSEL, Fall 1999 by Frank Allen & Sally Kealy.

I'd definitely recommend this to everyone exploring Frantzis' works.

Thanks.

Yeah this is an excellent point about feeling instead of visualization as imagination. I think this is a common error where people start imagining things in qigong thinking it's visualization when it's just conceptual thought. But then the "fop" typo about feeling the hair is hilarious since "fop" refers to a dandy male fixated on having fancy hair dos. http://www.ehow.com/way_6031230_fop-hair-treatment.html

The student learns to think of the entire nervous system as an extension of the brain,

potentially conscious and just waiting to wake up. While standing, the student shuts off visualization,

and tunes up feeling. This helps prevent the student from thinking an area has been felt, when, in

fact, it was visualized. The student starts at the fop of the head and attempts to feel the hair, the

scalp, the skull and the places where the plates of the skull come together.

Yeah this is exactly the process for how lower emotional blockages are "extra" energy that can be transformed into chi.

These are spots of congealed energy similar to log jams that need to be broken

up and used. This process begins with the student locating and feeling this block of congealed energy

until it seems to be a solid shape with definable parameters. The student's mind then begins to

dissolve this solid shape much like water can dissolve ice, crystalline sugar, and, in time, even rock. As

the solid shape begins to dissolve into an amorphous liquid with a less definable shape much like ice

becoming water or sugar becoming syrup! the student's mind begins to further dissolve the liquid,

transforming it into a vapor. This is similar to water boiling away to steam. This "steam," however, is

without heat, and is more akin to alcohol or gas evaporating into vapor. This vapor floats out to the

edge of the student's aura where it becomes usable energy.

Here it is again in slightly different form:

The Inner Dissolving Process of Water Method meditation consists of the conscious use of inner

space. When blockages of emotional energy are dissolved, the process becomes solid to liquid to

vapor, which then implodes into inner space instead of floating outward as in the Outer Dissolving

Process. Emotional blockages are smoother and more subtle than physical and chi blockages. It takes

a highly awakened nervous system to detect them. Emotional blockages dissolve away in layers, like

peeling an onion and unlike the steady wearing away of water on rock, which is the process of Outer

Dissolving. Each of these emotional layers must be liquefied, vaporized, and imploded into one's

inner space.

Edited by fulllotus

About a week ago after reading the excellent article written by Frank Allen. I checked him out, Frank is alive and well and still teaching in New York City. Thinking of dropping by his Taoist meditation class one saturday in Jan.

http://www.baguanyc.com/ourhistory.htm

However I do feel, another 'energy' dissolving technique of Emmotrance maybe somewhat faster and more direct. With Emmotrance you start with an issue. For example being bullied in school or not wanting to read a voluminous technical manual etc. Then you ask, where do I feel this in my body, so you locate this in the body and then work at dissolving it.

I feel this to be a more efficient method than scaning the whole body.

Where this technique really takes off for me, is in zhan zhuang, wuji pose. also experimenting with 'green' color light to help with the dissolving. however as fullotus mentioned the key to all of this is 'feeling' it rather than visualization. mental imagery can quickly lead one astray..

Where this technique really takes off for me, is in zhan zhuang, wuji pose. also experimenting with 'green' color light to help with the dissolving. however as fullotus mentioned the key to all of this is 'feeling' it rather than visualization. mental imagery can quickly lead one astray..

Yes, my experience as well. I happened upon Frantzis' Water Method about a year after I started nei kung, which begins with extended durations of zhan zhuang, although the specific posture was "Embracing horse," not wuji. I made sure I didn't attempt to create a hybrid system by combining the two practices, but now that I'm into year #4 with nei kung, I cannot knowledgeably account for which practice is the most efficacious nor can I tell if the two practices are mutually reinforcing or not.

I keyed on the reference to "thinking of the entire nervous system as an extension of the brain" precisely because this seems to describe the mechanics by which you "feel" the process. I'm convinced that this practice refines one's visualization ability and increases raw imagination, but to be completely reductionist, it just seems like a practice that increases the sensitivity of your nervous system to a point where you can feel your internal environment.

Anyway, I do Chu Nei Kung in the morning, and two 30 min. Water Method sessions, before dinner and before bed. I just got a copy of Tao of Letting Go: Meditation for Modern Living by Frantzis and I think I'm really going to make progress with this info regarding the dissolution of specific emotional blockages. Pretty inspiring so far.

• Like 1

Anyway, I do Chu Nei Kung in the morning, and two 30 min. Water Method sessions, before dinner and before bed. I just got a copy of Tao of Letting Go: Meditation for Modern Living by Frantzis and I think I'm really going to make progress with this info regarding the dissolution of specific emotional blockages. Pretty inspiring so far.

great post, thank you for sharing your practice. Gives me some food for thought.

just curious, if your two 30 min sessions are identical or do you blend in Frantzis moving dissolving method of cloud hands or three swings?

New to all of this, one thing that has really helped me is the Frantzis spinal stretch. So based on the success of this physical method, I started doing, every day, basic tapping to 'open' the channels. Jenny Lamb really gets into tapping qigong. She has a good dvd. the hope here is that opening the channels will help with the dissolving energy blocks methods.

http://www.easterninternalarts.org/

Another good find, is Spring Forest Qigong. Chunyi Lin has built his whole qigong practice around resolving energy blocks. His Level 1 DVD (yes another DVD to buy :) ) also gets into tapping the energy points.

http://www.springforestqigong.com/index.htm

just curious, if your two 30 min sessions are identical or do you blend in Frantzis moving dissolving method of cloud hands or three swings?

My med sessions are sitting. I've been reluctant to go further into Frantzis' movement chi kung because of time constraints and because I wanted to maintain the integrity of my nei kung practice, but I may suspend it for awhile to go deeper into the Outer dissolving method, which requires those movements, evidently.

Sign in to follow this