DragonGateNYC

Grand Master Wang Liping Ten day Private Intensive

There is a tibetian system I know of that's very similar to the taoist systems. But that "tibet oriented exercuse" has very complex visualisations (navel chakra with all the spokes, sun and moon channel, cental channel, wind, red and white drops) - I think because of that it takes you longer to learn. But the breathing is the same.

Does the version you learned produce the same results? e.g. ability to dry sheets in the snow?

The one exercise I should not do at home is part of what Master Wang does not teach to the public.

Is it from the intensive seminars or does he teach certain things only to selected people?

Edited by little

Does the version you learned produce the same results? e.g. ability to dry sheets in the snow?

Is it from the intensive seminars or does he teach certain things only to selected people?

Are you talking about the taoist method or the buddhist method? The buddhist version I've learned is not called "tummo" if you're thinking about that. But the body produces heat doing it. That heat is very importand to melt the drop in your hearth chakra. I don't know the difference to the 8 yoga of naropa / tummo (the sheets dryers thing), because I didn't learn that. But I think it's again very similar.

The daoist exercise I explained 2 posts ago follows on that heat. First you create the heat and then you compress it. It's importand to feel exactly what the heat is doing / where it goes and so on. It's no simple task.

Master Wang teaches always the basics first and the last few days some more individual stuff depending on the average level of the group.

Are you talking about the taoist method or the buddhist method? The buddhist version I've learned is not called "tummo" if you're thinking about that. But the body produces heat doing it. That heat is very importand to melt the drop in your hearth chakra. I don't know the difference to the 8 yoga of naropa / tummo (the sheets dryers thing), because I didn't learn that. But I think it's again very similar.

The daoist exercise I explained 2 posts ago follows on that heat. First you create the heat and then you compress it. It's importand to feel exactly what the heat is doing / where it goes and so on. It's no simple task.

Master Wang teaches always the basics first and the last few days some more individual stuff depending on the average level of the group.

I was referring to the Taoist method. Yes i had the impression that it was about tummo for the Buddhist version from the similarities of your description. Thanks for the clarification.

The one exercise I should not do at home is part of what Master Wang does not teach to the public. So I can't tell you what exactly I should not do, but it's a gateway to travel outside your body. Master Wang said we're not able to control it yet and if we were once outside without control we'll not be able to return.

You don't need a lot of seminars. Master Wang amused seeing me again after a year of practise, asking me if I don't have to work like other people :)

Thnx for comment...

Jox, :)

Jim has written a lot of stupid things in his book. This is just his average bs-level. You learn that mystical "Level 1" the first day at every lmp seminar. You also learn Level 2a at almost every seminar (last summer in Germany the first day) and a techique very similar to Level 2b during the first intensive, too. I can't tell you if there are more "levels" in the basics of the so called "watered down" teachings of master wang, because the few who have the knowledge of further "Levels" of Mo Pai don't talk about it.

And to make all I say even less believable: If we wouldn't be "realeasing the fire" in the end of every meditation, almost every student would reach level 1 after some weeks or even days (if you're able to sit long enough).

I had the strong heat sensation in my dantien the second day on my first seminar and the first vibrations the evening of the same day. There are several people opening their SHO after 6-7 days on the first seminar. That's not possible if their lower Dantien is not charged up to a specific level.

That's interesting, is the fire released for safety or maybe alchemical purposes?

When you speak of reaching level 1 in that short time, did the students already have a foundation or were mainly beginners?

Hey does Wang know how to do magic and is there any video of it like John Chang?

Master Wang is a Taoist Wizard; one who has mastered the laws of nature, with a profound understanding of the science of creation. What is magic but understanding the laws of nature? In terms of your question, Master Wang is all about magic but he doesn't have the need for showmanship; to flaunt and impress publicly.

Master Wang's senior students will tell you just how magical he is. For example: A senior student's father had passed away and he was very heartbroken. He asked Master Wang if his father was alright. Master Wang connected the father and son so they could communicate. The student was very grateful indeed.

Next example: A friend of a student was practicing on his own with powerful magnets. He demagnetized one of his spirit bodies while doing this, leaving him dysfunctional. After numerous Masters were called upon to help him, and unable to, Master Wang was able to successfully realign his bodies.

These are just two very small examples. I am grateful to tell you that Master Wang does not have the need to show off. Master Wang does his good magic quietly and only when he decides it is necessary. He is there for his faithful students; he is a true Taoist Wizard in every sense. This is why I recommend that students study DIRECTLY with Master Wang.

Master Wang does NOT dye his hair and has advised students to do his practice so they won't need to dye their hair either. Master Wang has many students who gratefully share that their gray hairs are reversing back to their original color. How else could his teacher live over 122 years? These are not coincidences :-)

Bless you on your journey.

Edited by DragonGateNYC

How else could his teacher live over 200 years? These are not coincidences :-)

Is there any evidence, that this old grand master really exist and that he is really 200 years old, or it is just a story to be believed. If he is real, than probably, he is the older man on the world... He was born on 1812. B)

Jox, :)

Edited by Jox

Never heard of him. But as far as I know at least one of Master Wang's teachers is still alive. One grandmaster died, one is "missing" (?) and one is meditating for years now.

According to Da Dao Xing (Chinese version of Opening the Dragongate), Master Wang's teachers were about 70 years old in in 1960s, hence the oldest the living master can be is about 120, give or take 5 years.

Never heard of him. But as far as I know at least one of Master Wang's teachers is still alive. One grandmaster died, one is "missing" (?) and one is meditating for years now.

Here's what I have from a responsible source -- a long-time disciple who started learning from Master Wang in the 1980's when two of his teachers were alive (now only one is):

Teacher Wang Jiaoming is alive and his present age is 122.

Teacher Zhang Hodao left the world in 2001 at the age of 119.

Teacher Gu Jiaoyi left the world "under unclear circumstances" in 1978-9(?) at the age of 86-87(?)

Just being over 100 is quite remarkable for men of that era, from the perspective of my own family anyway nearly all of the men of that time who went through such a violent traumatic period in history died young with all the stress of the wars and destruction that they witnessed.

• Like 1

Just being over 100 is quite remarkable for men of that era, from the perspective of my own family anyway nearly all of the men of that time who went through such a violent traumatic period in history died young with all the stress of the wars and destruction that they witnessed.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-02-27/us/wwi.veteran.death_1_frank-buckles-susannah-buckles-flanagan-veterans?_s=PM:US

The first World War didn't stop him from living to 110. :)

If I'm goin to pay 3 g's for some hocus pocus, i wanna know it is legit.

Not by some story that can be made up, but by actual fact. It is nothing about showmanship, it is proving what you say. The book he wrote is his claims, if his claims in a book involve showmanship then lets see it.

Why bother even claiming it if he is not prepared to prove it?

Edited by KarthusMeanor

Not by some story that can be made up, but by actual fact. It is nothing about showmanship, it is proving what you say. The book he wrote is his claims, if his claims in a book involve showmanship then lets see it.

There is a difference between prove or display...

I dont think that any master has to prove anything....

There is a seminar with a fixed price from a known Chinese master...The price is irrevelant.

If you need proves don't go...

If you needs proves go...

If its fake you are loosing 3000$ but you can have first hand information about it and

not from the chating here

If its real you have open a new window in your life...

I am familiar with the long going story about asking from Chinese masters to prove smthng,but I dont think that in this stage,(attending a seminar),you need any prove.

It's really a lot more simple then we are making it out to be... So what do we really know?

- A book in a biographical format is published on Master Wang Liping; it tells who he is, what his experiences have been, and what he is about.

- Master Wang Liping holds retreats for people interested in learning what he has to offer. He charges what he charges, he presents what he presents, it is what it is.

- There are people on this forum that have studied with Master Wang Liping and have taken away something that they find to be worth there time and space.

If it feels right to you, then go for it. If it doesn't feel right to you, then don't.

If you go for it, follow through with all your heart; dedicate yourself, give yourself to it, expect nothing, take away everything. The knot gets tighter as you pull harder; release, surrender.

Needing proof for everything, leaves us at the tip of anything. First, we must know what we want, then, it's about surrendering and the gentle embrace.

• Like 2

It's really a lot more simple then we are making it out to be... So what do we really know?

- A book in a biographical format is published on Master Wang Liping; it tells who he is, what his experiences have been, and what he is about.

- Master Wang Liping holds retreats for people interested in learning what he has to offer. He charges what he charges, he presents what he presents, it is what it is.

- There are people on this forum that have studied with Master Wang Liping and have taken away something that they find to be worth there time and space.

If it feels right to you, then go for it. If it doesn't feel right to you, then don't.

If you go for it, follow through with all your heart; dedicate yourself, give yourself to it, expect nothing, take away everything. The knot gets tighter as you pull harder; release, surrender.

Needing proof for everything, leaves us at the tip of anything. First, we must know what we want, then, it's about surrendering and the gentle embrace.

The facts are this...If Wang Liping was genuine about spreading the dao and helping the less fortunates there would be no charge. End of story.

• Like 1

The facts are this...If Wang Liping was genuine about spreading the dao and helping the less fortunates there would be no charge. End of story.

Why if this isn't the silliest thing I ever heard in my life :lol:

• Like 6

Why if this isn't the silliest thing I ever heard in my life :lol:

hahahaha I might have heard sillier but i'd have to think about it

@brother12: your point of view sounds mighty um entitled. To put it nicely. Daoists don't take vows of poverty and don't have anything against making money by their teachings. In some parts of the world, its considered respectful to pay a teacher. In the end, if its not worth it to you, don't go, y'know

If I wasn't essentially already "married" to another tradition I would not walk but run at the chance to study with Master Wang.

I made the effort while I was in the States to meet his top student their. Granted, it was pretty effortless as we were both living in the same city. She picked me up at the train station and bought me lunch.

I didn't go with the intention to learn anything new but just to meet her. The experience was helpful in many ways.

By the same token, if their was ever an opportunity to meet Master Wang I would do so. But I can't spend $5000 just to meet the man. Not because i don't want to waste my time-I don't want to waste his.

Daoists don't take vows of poverty and don't have anything against making money by their teachings.

As taught by Quanzhen Founder Wang Chongyang, teacher of Longmen founder Qiu Chuji:

Someone asked, "What is the marvelous principle of cultivating Reality?"

[Wang Zhe] answered, saying "First you must get rid of your nameless confused thoughts. Secondly, give up coveting, attachments, liquor,
money
, sex and anger. This is how to train yourself. A person's whole body completely has in it the principles of Heaven and Earth. Heaven and Earth contain and nourish the myriad things, and therefore the myriad things abound between Heaven and Earth. [...]

或問曰。如何是修真妙理。

答曰。第一先除無名煩惱。第二休貪戀酒色財氣。此者。便是修行之法。夫人之一身。皆具天地之理。天地所以含養萬物。萬物所以盈天地間。

Chongyang zhenren jinguan yusuo jue

重陽真人金關玉鎖訣

YM

• Like 1

You know... i can tell you something legit that'll let you live 1/3 longer. Well that is depending on your current age. But it is scientifically proven, free and guarenteed to work. Just look up caloric restriction on google. It works on every animal. So normally if you could live to 80 1/3 is about 205 so 105 is a good ripe old age. And i rekon this lipwig fella has wasted at least 8 years of his life in "meditation"

Now i've saved you 3k, years of time of meditation and i won't even charge you a thankyou! :P

As taught by Quanzhen Founder Wang Chongyang, teacher of Longmen founder Qiu Chuji:

[Wang Zhe] answered, saying "First you must get rid of your nameless confused thoughts. Secondly, give up coveting, attachments, liquor,
money
, sex and anger. This is how to train yourself. A person's whole body completely has in it the principles of Heaven and Earth. Heaven and Earth contain and nourish the myriad things, and therefore the myriad things abound between Heaven and Earth. [...]

Thanks! Thats interesting.

Do you know of any high daoist masters who teach the public for free?

money

或問曰。如何是修真妙理。

答曰。第一先除無名煩惱。第二休貪戀酒色財氣。此者。便是修行之法。夫人之一身。皆具天地之理。天地所以含養萬物。萬物所以盈天地間。

Chongyang zhenren jinguan yusuo jue

重陽真人金關玉鎖訣

YM

Well this instruction is "how to train yourself". If you are already trained then i don't think you need to live as a beggar, doesn't exactly give you a means to spread the teachings.

Thanks! Thats interesting.

Do you know of any high daoist masters who teach the public for free?

All daoist teachers teach for free, but they do not teach "the public" and instead only pass the tradition to the few who have the destiny (緣分) to receive it.

So you will hardly read about them on the web

YM

Edited by YMWong
  • Like 2