DragonGateNYC

Grand Master Wang Liping Ten day Private Intensive

$80-150 USD per day? meals $50 per day? transportation 500RMB each way?

Are you familiar with mainland china? much less than these!

I think:

room $30-$80 per day,

meals about $10-$20,

transportation don't know how far it is, but 500rmb($80USD) can make you go about half a china far.

living in china for a while now, and can attest these above are quite true. unfortunately until today noone came up with a plausible explanation, other than the 'take it or leave it' policy, which i consider unspiritual and businesslike - and not even that, in china everything is negotiable. this is even more sad as there are people out there teaching authentic real practice and not charge one dime. but alas, in china, in most cases, money is god, and god is money.

btw, i know for a fact that the lodgings are of poor quality.

however don't mind me, i'm just expressing my own dissapointments. and i already know enough about the chinese policy of teaching 'secrets' to the general public (even more so in the case of foreigners! actually it's well expressed in the book that made liping famous, but who cares to look), to figure out if this is or not worth the trouble.

sorry, i'm not here to stirr up controversy, just my 0.2

• Like 1

Imagine being lost in the desert. You have a camel for company, and on its back are two satchels each containing gold and silver bars. Unfortunately, there is a great thirst and painful hunger, and those bars aren't exactly edible nor drinkable... along comes this guy who promises to lead you to an oasis with plenty of fresh water and good food in exchange for a couple of them ingots... would there be any hesitation?

Better be a camel. Almost hassle-free in the desert... almost. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Imagine being lost in the desert. You have a camel for company, and on its back are two satchels each containing gold and silver bars. Unfortunately, there is a great thirst and painful hunger, and those bars aren't exactly edible nor drinkable... along comes this guy who promises to lead you to an oasis with plenty of fresh water and good food in exchange for a couple of them ingots... would there be any hesitation?

Better be a camel. Almost hassle-free in the desert... almost. :rolleyes:

The thing is how you can ensure he will lead you to an oasis?

And the other thing is if he WAS such a person, he usually was that kind of person who does not care about MONEY!

The thing is how you can ensure he will lead you to an oasis?

And the other thing is if he WAS such a person, he usually was that kind of person who does not care about MONEY!

Are you opposed to the idea of paying for teaching period or just that amount?

I find it odd that people demand free teaching and expect a teacher to have a full time job while succumbing to the desires of his students.

• Like 1

Are you opposed to the idea of paying for teaching period or just that amount?

I find it odd that people demand free teaching and expect a teacher to have a full time job while succumbing to the desires of his students.

Basically, that amount.

living in china for a while now... ...there are people out there teaching authentic real practice and not charge one dime....

...chinese policy of teaching 'secrets' to the general public (even more so in the case of foreigners! ...

May you share which teachers teach for free and what do they teach?

Chinese policy of teaching..., do you mean policy of organizers or government?

Government in China probably control which materials are thought to the public or am I wrong?

If yes, they suppress the masters teaching, allowing them to teach only materials allowed with laws and regulations. Maybe this is a reason, that master WLP teaches only a part of his system...

Jox, :)

Edited by Jox

May you share which teachers teach for free and what do they teach?

Chinese policy of teaching..., do you mean policy of organizers or government?

Government in China probably control which materials are thought to the public or am I wrong?

If yes, they suppress the masters teaching, allowing them to teach only materials allowed with laws and regulations. Maybe this is a reason, that master WLP teaches only a part of his system...

How can the government control the teaching? That is not true. No one control you. It is more "free" in China than the west.

How can the government control the teaching? That is not true. No one control you. It is more "free" in China than the west.

There was a punishment to the Falun Dafa practitioners by the government in the past...

That is why I thought, that government watch over the teaching programs of different masters...

There was a punishment to the Falun Dafa practitioners by the government in the past...

That is why I thought, that government watch over the teaching programs of different masters...

Falun Dafa is just a very special case. 99.99% of the teaching are free of contral in china.

By the way, Falun Dafa is also full of cheating stuff.

• Like 2

Lao Tzu,

China does not even have full internet access yet. Tv and Radio are still heavily restricted. Even the harmless non-violent I-Kuan-Tao group and others are outlawed in China. Instead they are branded as "illegal secret societies"

Last year they even banned time travel & reincarnation (without prior consent of course) in China. Even Avatar 2-d was pulled from the cinemas :lol:

More free in china, that was pretty funny.

Edited by brother12
  • Like 1

Lao Tzu,

China does not even have full internet access yet. Tv and Radio are still heavily restricted. Even the harmless non-violent I-Kuan-Tao group and others are outlawed in China. Instead they are branded as "illegal secret societies"

Last year they even banned time travel & reincarnation (without prior consent of course) in China. Even Avatar 2-d was pulled from the cinemas :lol:

More free in china, that was pretty funny.

We are talking about different area of china. And please note when I wrote free, I was using " ".

Master Wang is a true Master, born in 1949 and is very healthy. Anyone making up other stories has obviously never met him. I personally trained with Master Wang this past December and he is in excellent athletic shape, his hair is still black and he has a a kindly, generous, extremely energetic aura. Bottom line, he teaches what YOU are ready for.

Edited by MarkB
  • Like 1

I personally trained with Master Wang this past December and he is in excellent athletic shape, his hair is still black [...]

Hu Jintao, born 1942

220px-Hu_Jintao_Cannes2011.jpg

Zhu Rongji, born 1928

zhu_rongji.jpg

And most other chinese men with some money or power (usually both), or even common people, DIE THEIR HAIR

YM

• Like 2

Master Wang is a true Master, born in 1949 and is very healthy. Anyone making up other stories has obviously never met him. I personally trained with Master Wang this past December and he is in excellent athletic shape, his hair is still black and he has a kindly, generous, extremely energetic aura. Bottom line, he teaches what YOU are ready for.

Ha, ha, YM, you are too involved with the general public. You know that Master Wang's teacher is still alive at over 200 years old! Master Wang never dies his hair; all his senior students know this. His scientific practice keeps him youthful, robust and extremely energetic. In fact, he walks faster than all of us during the Taoist training and our group consisted of students in their youthful 20s and 30s.

Ha, ha, YM, you are too involved with the general public. You know that Master Wang's teacher is still alive at over 200 years old! Master Wang never dies his hair; all his senior students know this. His scientific practice keeps him youthful, robust and extremely energetic. In fact, he walks faster than all of us during the Taoist training and our group consisted of students in their youthful 20s and 30s.

lol 200 years old :lol: Have you ever met this 200 year old man ? Secondly, And i'm certainly not trying to troll here, But how would you or any students know whether or not Master Wang dies his hair ?

He does not look any different or special then the average chinese male imo.

• Like 1

In the jim mcmillan thread they said the teaching method used is very slow or watered down. According to Him, It would take a person around 20 years to reach the mopai equivalent of level One. Any truth in this ?

Jim has written a lot of stupid things in his book. This is just his average bs-level. You learn that mystical "Level 1" the first day at every lmp seminar. You also learn Level 2a at almost every seminar (last summer in Germany the first day) and a techique very similar to Level 2b during the first intensive, too. I can't tell you if there are more "levels" in the basics of the so called "watered down" teachings of master wang, because the few who have the knowledge of further "Levels" of Mo Pai don't talk about it.

And to make all I say even less believable: If we wouldn't be "realeasing the fire" in the end of every meditation, almost every student would reach level 1 after some weeks or even days (if you're able to sit long enough).

I had the strong heat sensation in my dantien the second day on my first seminar and the first vibrations the evening of the same day. There are several people opening their SHO after 6-7 days on the first seminar. That's not possible if their lower Dantien is not charged up to a specific level.

• Like 1

Jim has written a lot of stupid things in his book. This is just his average bs-level. You learn that mystical "Level 1" the first day at every lmp seminar. You also learn Level 2a at almost every seminar (last summer in Germany the first day) and a techique very similar to Level 2b during the first intensive, too. I can't tell you if there are more "levels" in the basics of the so called "watered down" teachings of master wang, because the few who have the knowledge of further "Levels" of Mo Pai don't talk about it.

And to make all I say even less believable: If we wouldn't be "realeasing the fire" in the end of every meditation, almost every student would reach level 1 after some weeks or even days (if you're able to sit long enough).

I had the strong heat sensation in my dantien the second day on my first seminar and the first vibrations the evening of the same day. There are several people opening their SHO after 6-7 days on the first seminar. That's not possible if their lower Dantien is not charged up to a specific level.

Kronos,

With all the respect and without trying to be smart,I have some objections in some of your claims...

1, Jim in my opinion hasn't written anything stupid in his book.He expressed him self with a wrong way.

2,I have no idea about Master Wang Liping except on what is written in this forum.There is a difference between similar to mo pai and exactly as Mo Pai otherwise with your claim,all the practioners of Mo Pai are retard people that was not possible to do in 4 years whet Wang Liping's system can do in 1 week.Feeling my Ba qua active it doesn't mean that I have opened that chacra other wise I should be level 72.

If I am suspecting correct we have as common the knowledge of the 2 levels.Is there any restriction to share them here with us or they are secret as the mo pai ?

I am very curius about the compression procedure as in my knowledge compressing an empty Dan Tien will cause it to explode...Or it is filled in a week end?

I would like to apologize for the tone of this post but I couldn't resist the irritation....

You know prop ably and better than me that even the most simple Tibet oriented exercise needs 2-3 years to be performed well,in a monastery environment.and now with a 10 day seminar you are mastering the nei Kung power?

Sorry but I doubt ....

Friendly .....

Kronos,

With all the respect and without trying to be smart,I have some objections in some of your claims...

1, Jim in my opinion hasn't written anything stupid in his book.He expressed him self with a wrong way.

2,I have no idea about Master Wang Liping except on what is written in this forum.There is a difference between similar to mo pai and exactly as Mo Pai otherwise with your claim,all the practioners of Mo Pai are retard people that was not possible to do in 4 years whet Wang Liping's system can do in 1 week.Feeling my Ba qua active it doesn't mean that I have opened that chacra other wise I should be level 72.

If I am suspecting correct we have as common the knowledge of the 2 levels.Is there any restriction to share them here with us or they are secret as the mo pai ?

I am very curius about the compression procedure as in my knowledge compressing an empty Dan Tien will cause it to explode...Or it is filled in a week end?

I would like to apologize for the tone of this post but I couldn't resist the irritation....

You know prop ably and better than me that even the most simple Tibet oriented exercise needs 2-3 years to be performed well,in a monastery environment.and now with a 10 day seminar you are mastering the nei Kung power?

Sorry but I doubt ....

Friendly .....

Some very good questions there. But from what i understand the mopai is very simplistic (almost caveman like) in it's style of training. The wlp method on the other hand makes use of complicated visualizations,mudras, prayers and perhaps thousands of other techniques. too much work for the same result if you ask me.

You know that Master Wang's teacher is still alive at over 200 years old!

Wow, I guess he should get enormous money for seminars then ... :)

Master Wang never dies his hair; all his senior students know this.

I did not say if he dies his hair or not as I don't know, just like yourself, I just reported a common Chinese custom.

Maybe you should try to ask him at next seminar and see what he tells you?

YM

Kronos,

Sorry but I doubt ....

Friendly .....

Hi Chen,

I'm very happy with your post. I think you see everything very reasonable. But there's one missunderstanding: I'm not thinking that mo pai practitioners were retard people - the contrary: they got astonishing results working for themselves over years. I got from the book that John Chang told them to find a good spot in nature, what's one of the importand things, but he did not mention that they would build up the power faster if they meditate in groups. I've read in the book that John Chang didn't even mention the reverse breathing teaching Level 1 to Jim and still was Jim able to progress in that system.

I'll give you some info about that one. We first meditate for at least 75 minutes doing some other exercises for preparation. Still doing the correct mudra then we do 2 or 3 compression breathings. On breathing takes longer than one minute contains contraction of several muscles and holding the breath. If someone is not prepared to do it, he will fail to compress long enough and nothing will happen.

Sorry but I doubt ....

There is a tibetian system I know of that's very similar to the taoist systems. But that "tibet oriented exercuse" has very complex visualisations (navel chakra with all the spokes, sun and moon channel, cental channel, wind, red and white drops) - I think because of that it takes you longer to learn. But the breathing is the same. Just the small point where you try to compress the "chi" is slightly higher. But there's an explonation for that: your dantien moves up and down depending of where you are on planet earth. The closer to the equator the closer is your dantien to your navel.

BUT before you learn that one you first have to do a lot of other meditations. Your teacher will tell you as soon as you're ready for that exercise. The difference between Master Wang and other teachers is: He controls your chi flow with his 3rd eye. As long as he's sitting with you you don't have to worry about anything. There are always people with a huge difference in their "level" of chi development sitting in one group. Everyone is doing the same stuff. Master Wang does help those who aren't able to sit still to hold still, those who aren't ready to compress the energy to control it, those who aren't ready to move the dantien to keep it in place. There are things we don't train at home because the are too dangerous without a our teacher.

Edited to make the description of the breathing less detailed.

Edited by Kronos

There are things we don't train at home because the are too dangerous without a our teacher.

What things do you not train at home and what should go wrong, if you do on your own?

No offence..., but is it not a danger, to become dependent of the teacher and his ability to do the things for you?

That probably means, that a lot of seminar attendances is needed... For those, who can afford them is all fine, but others who can not, is a little hard... And the system is complex...

Edited by Jox

What things do you not train at home and what should go wrong, if you do on your own?

No offence..., but is it not a danger, to become dependent of the teacher and his ability to do the things for you?

That probably means, that a lot of seminar attendances is needed... For those, who can afford them is all fine, but others who can not, is a little hard... And the system is complex...

The one exercise I should not do at home is part of what Master Wang does not teach to the public. So I can't tell you what exactly I should not do, but it's a gateway to travel outside your body. Master Wang said we're not able to control it yet and if we were once outside without control we'll not be able to return.

You don't need a lot of seminars. Master Wang amused seeing me again after a year of practise, asking me if I don't have to work like other people :)

Edited by Kronos