DragonGateNYC

Grand Master Wang Liping Ten day Private Intensive

I read http://longmenpai.blogspot.com/, very informative blog about Long Men Pai.

Two text below, from that blog, attracted my attention especially:

1990 - Discussion of Dao at the Police University (1)

..."We talked about every topics I could think of and I greedily asked him all kind of questions. Master Wang not only answered my questions in depth, he also told me things that not many people in the world knew about. Due to reasons that I am not to elaborate further, I can't disclose most of the content we discussed but I will reveal some here in this blog"...

What do you think are the things, which we do not know, respectively known by a few only?

1990 - Discussion of Dao at the Police University (5)

..."When I asked Master Wang what is the proportion of materials that he had revealed compared to the undisclosed materials. He said, "The demonstrations is about 2/5. The lectures is about 1/10." At that moment, these were only numbers, I couldn't even imagine the things that I don't know"...

What do you think are a reasons, that only a part of the materials are revealed and taught to the public?

Jox, :)

The public seminars have over 350 students in attendance. Most of them are beginners who aren't ready for much at all. Even the little that they are taught is too much for them to put to practice diligently. Some come for curiosity only and have no interest in cultivation.

However, most of the students who come to attend the private intensives already a meditation practice, thus are very serious and ready for more advanced level teachings. Master Wang takes his private intensives very seriously; he recognizes the student's level and ability and teaches relevant valuable material.

There is a 22 year gap between 1990 and 2012. Doors have since been opening wider and wider. It's up to us to walk through them and embrace the knowledge that is available now. I will tell you that you won't find all this good practice material anywhere else.

I will tell you that you won't find all this good practice material anywhere else.

How can you be so sure?

How can you be so sure?

You will be certain, that is when you have the good karma to study with Master Wang :-)

You will be certain, that is when you have the good karma to study with Master Wang :-)

You mean when you have the good karma to study with Master Wang, you would be certain?

But how do you know there is no better one than Wang?

Can you give us some logical reason why you think him the best?

• Like 1

Lets not turn this into a my master's better than yours scenario. This thread's been deflected off topic quite enough already. The subject of this thread is simply to make practitioners aware that there will be an opportunity to train with a very high level master in an authentic lineage. If you Choose to act upon this invite, here's what you will learn for sure.

Three immortal exercises:

Yin xian fa - the methods to repair leakage, build the foundation and return to the source. Dual cultivation of essence and life.

Ping heng gong - equilibrium exercises. Using different moving practices and zhan zhuang to refine the connections between man and the universe, these are methods to cultivate the abilities to take in external qi for internal use, and internal qi for external use such as healing.

Shuigong - laying down exercise for balancing the yin yang energys of the body, increasing qi flow, and exchanging energy with the environment.

Supplementary practice - Ziran huanqi fa - natural energy absorption/circulation method. Walking exercise.

Master Wang tailors each retreat to the ability of those that show up. There are usually extra exercises taught, but those mentioned above are sure to be covered.

Edited by bamboo
  • Like 2

Lets not turn this into a my master's better than yours scenario. This thread's been deflected off topic quite enough already. The subject of this thread is simply to make practitioners aware that there will be an opportunity to train with a very high level master in an authentic lineage. If you Choose to act upon this invite, here's what you will learn for sure.

Three immortal exercises:

Yin xian fa - the methods to repair leakage, build the foundation and return to the source. Dual cultivation of essence and life.

Ping heng gong - equilibrium exercises. Using different moving practices and zhan zhuang to refine the connections between man and the universe, these are methods to cultivate the abilities to take in external qi for internal use, and internal qi for external use such as healing.

Shuigong - laying down exercise for balancing the yin yang energys of the body, increasing qi flow, and exchanging energy with the environment.

Supplementary practice - Ziran huanqi fa - natural energy absorption/circulation method. Walking exercise.

Master Wang tailors each retreat to the ability of those that show up. There are usually extra exercises taught, but those mentioned above are sure to be covered.

Thank you. I guess you have already studied under Master Wang, are you going to this retreat also?

A Happy, Healthy, Joyously Meditative New Year to all.

Grandmaster's New York students teach Master Wang's systematic methods, weekly, every Sunday in New York City. Your tuition is completely applied towards your intensive with Master Wang. 

Please sign-up for free as seating is limited: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1623264227/

Grandmaster Wang Liping's December Intensive was very high vibe. Both new and senior, International students from countries including the US, India, Singapore, and Chinese domestic students attended.

Grandmaster Wang is beyond when it comes to teaching that which we seek towards Mastery. If you wish to have authentic accomplishment in this lifetime, Grandmaster Wang Liping is your Teacher.

Please take advantage of his upcoming Ten day Private Intensive to be held during generally very enjoyable August weather in Dalian, China.

What a s#*t load of money!!! Wang Liping must be freaking rich!!!

Tuition is $3600. We will have Taoist Walking in the morning and Tree Balancing Practice in the evening. This past December, it was too cold for outdoor tree practice most evenings.

Please aim to arrive by the evening of the August 16th and depart on the morning of the 27th. Registration form will be emailed to you after we receive your sign-up, thank you.

Please take advantage, as there is never a guarantee Grandmaster will have time to teach us privately again.

Please visit http://dragongate-academy.org and email [email protected] for full details.

-----------------------------------------

Our mission is to help connect earnest seekers to the Mystery School of Taoism Science, to share the sacred lineage practice of World Renowned Grand Master Wang Liping to enable all to reach our pinnacle in this lifetime.

Grand Master Wang Liping is our 18th Generation Dragon Gate Taoism lineage holder. The Internal Alchemy of the Golden Pill theory and practice was established about 1300 years ago. The purpose of studying with Grand Master Wang is to ultimately integrate with our core level, beginning with refining the Jing/essence to Qi; refine the Qi to Shen/power of mind; refine the Shen to emptiness of the whole; and refine the emptiness to match the Tao of nature.

We learn Internal Alchemy for full integration. If you've been meditating for a while and are ready to make unlimited progress, this practice is for you! If it is your wish to fulfill your ultimate potential in this lifetime, this sacred science Mystery School will give you the systematic methods to empower your growth and facilitate your progress.

Grand Master Wang Liping is the rare Master with the ability and expertise to guide us to the highest level. Our practice provides mastery through scientific method and provides the key for full integration, longevity and good health.

Please visit http://dragongate-academy.org, which is conceived of and supported by grateful student volunteers of Grand Master Wang Liping. Our mission is to help bridge earnest seekers to share the sacred lineage practice in service of humanity.

What a s#*t load of money!!!Wang Liping must be freaking rich!!! I wonder if his masters are looking from above, what would they think...

Edited by Earthbound

What a s#*t load of money!!!Wang Liping must be freaking rich!!! I wonder if his masters are looking from above, what would they think...

To quote myself from a previous discussion about Wang Liping's fees:

"It might be interesting to know how much the hotels, meals, and transportation actually cost so one would understand how much is going towards the learning experience. A VERY good Western style hotel in China typically costs about $80-150 USD per day. Factor in meals, again high end, maybe $50 per day (but that's stretching it), transportation (maybe 500RMB each way), extras - you're probably looking at $1500 - $2300 in actual cost. That only leaves about $1500 for the teachings.

Still expensive, but consider that something like KAP is $500 for a two day workshop, $700 if you register the day of. Transcendental Meditation courses are $1500 per level. Ouch, it costs so much these days to find enlightenment."

Also, I find it interesting that he charges his Chinese students so much less. . . I realize the cost of living and wages are much less in China, but there's a huge discrepancy between the two.

Had planned to attend a different workshop but couldn't, my jeep needs expensive repairs, so I understand the frustration of not being able to attend an awesome seminar. I suggest stepping up your own practice and seeing who is willing to practice online on MSN or Skype. Right now im looking for even more online partners!

Don't

Stress

The

Cash!

To quote myself from a previous discussion about Wang Liping's fees:

"It might be interesting to know how much the hotels, meals, and transportation actually cost so one would understand how much is going towards the learning experience. A VERY good Western style hotel in China typically costs about $80-150 USD per day. Factor in meals, again high end, maybe $50 per day (but that's stretching it), transportation (maybe 500RMB each way), extras - you're probably looking at $1500 - $2300 in actual cost. That only leaves about $1500 for the teachings.

$80-150 USD per day? meals $50 per day? transportation 500RMB each way?

Are you familiar with mainland china? much less than these!

I think:

room $30-$80 per day,

meals about $10-$20,

transportation don't know how far it is, but 500rmb($80USD) can make you go about half a china far.

I think:

room $30-$80 per day,

meals about $10-$20,

transportation don't know how far it is, but 500rmb($80USD) can make you go about half a china far.

Note he said "high end". Really 3 high end meals is only that much?

I've never been to mainland china, but thats really cheap, considering the fancy stuff is usually catered to westerners so the price tends to shoot up.

considering the fancy stuff is usually catered to westerners so the price tends to shoot up.

Please note, you give the money to the master, then the master pay to the hotel. The master only need to pay the price for chinese.

Note he said "high end". Really 3 high end meals is only that much?

High end? yes I know. even it is high end, it still depends on what hotel and what city.

For Dalian, the price what I gave above is "high end".

I've never been to mainland china, but thats really cheap.

Yes, everything in China is much cheaper than the west.

For example, a textbook may cost $100 in west, but only $10 in china. A stethoscope may cost $120 in west, but only $8 in China.

The cost for things have to be compared with the income. In the west different country have different income while they pay different amounts for living. Question is what is left over after paying for the necessary payments in ones society like rent, electricity and food.

Things have to be viewed in percentage not in West or China. With the money from some country in the west a person may be a king when they are in a country with a weak currency. For contrast in the own country this same person is at the low end calculating to manage the money.

This is not the point we are talking about. :)

You are talking about the relationship between cost and income.

I am talking about how much money is left and going into the teacher's pocket.

Edited by Lao Tzu

This is not the point we are talking about. :)

its really rude when someone puts together a thoughtful response in an attempt to educate you, and you say "oh thats not what we're talking about"

its what friend was talking about isn't it?

why don't you give an equally thoughtful answer instead of a copout?

just an idea

its really rude when someone puts together a thoughtful response in an attempt to educate you, and you say "oh thats not what we're talking about"

its what friend was talking about isn't it?

why don't you give an equally thoughtful answer instead of a copout?

just an idea

en, right idea. I have edited my reply to "friend".

I think:

room $30-$80 per day,

meals about $10-$20,

Uh yeah, I'm in China at least twice a year sometimes more, and my wife is Chinese. Notice I said "high end". Let's not forget that foreigners don't always get the best prices. . . . Though I've had instances where Chinese friends, and my Chinese in-laws could get us the "friend and family" price at high end Chinese hotels, but it wasn't much better than we could do on our own.

As Jox said on the previous page, it would be a lot cheaper to put together your own place to stay, and deal with food on your own. But that's not the way the seminar is setup. . .

In Dalian it's very easy to find 4 and 5 star hotels for well over $150 USD per night. But we don't know where everyone stays so the point is moot. That's why I gave a range of prices.

Edited by robmix

Compared to other retreats I have seen it is clearly very expensive, I don't know how you can argue otherwise. The two week retreat I went on last year cost me about $900 which included board, three meals a day, personal attention and personal healings three times a week. Whether it is worth it is another matter because if Wang Liping really is the person in Opening the Dragon Gate then it probably is, but I couldn't afford to go if I wanted to and I work full time and don't have a mortgage and kids etc

Is it even a very good hotel they put you up in? group bookings of Hotel rooms usually gives you massive discounts as well as big discounts in feeding large groups etc

Hi Jetsun. :) Are you including travel expenses in this total? Were those teachings worth it? Are those practices now still producing results for you?

I could most definitely visit Wang Liping if I cut way down on social meals/events, non-family vacations, and lived in a shared apartment. Perhaps if one feels a strong calling to study with him, redirected expenses would not feel like a sacrifice. -_-

That's not including flights, I got picked up from the airport though for free but had to pay for taxi back, I don't think Wang Liping's price includes flights either. Although it wasn't exactly a five star hotel I stayed in it was comfortable. It was more of a healing retreat rather than one to learn practises though and I definitely feel it was worth it and has made a difference on my life. If I really saved I could get enough money and I expect Wang Liping is the real deal, but there are other great masters around, he isn't the only one.

In the jim mcmillan thread they said the teaching method used is very slow or watered down. According to Him, It would take a person around 20 years to reach the mopai equivalent of level One. Any truth in this ?

In the jim mcmillan thread they said the teaching method used is very slow or watered down. According to Him, It would take a person around 20 years to reach the mopai equivalent of level One. Any truth in this ?

If it came from Jim then I'm not exactly sure you can rely on it. If it came from John then maybe but even then, I'm sure John has only a limited amount of direct experience with other masters like Liping. This is just an opinion of course. Jim has said before that he didn't really dive into the actual workings of what he was doing. His approach was a little different than say Kosta, who has an engineering background yada yada yada. I would take what anyone has to say about "this method vs that method" with a grain of salt unless they've had some substantial time to practice both.