DragonGateNYC

Grand Master Wang Liping Ten day Private Intensive

I wonder how it will take until he closes off from everything

Master Wang certainly had his days when he did close himself off to the public and was impossible to find; i searched for him but couldn't find him until I saw Jeannette's post on Meetup. I feel very fortunate that he is teaching now and was blown away by his December Intensive. This Master is NOT to be taken for granted because he's teaching now; he can stop anytime he wishes, you understand.

I've studied with many Chinese traditions, also Tibetan and others; I've been meditating for over 20 years. This is how i can appreciate that Master Wang teaches valuable material you just won't find. I got much more than I expected; this Master walks the walk!

• Like 1

His very steep price puts it out of the reach of most!

Doesn't the price cover mostly flight tickets and hotel?

So the grandmaster doesn't actually receive that much money from it.

That's what participants say...

Doesn't the price cover mostly flight tickets and hotel?

If only one person was paying, yes.

However, multiple students? That's quite a bit of money to be made!

• Like 5

Just reading Opening the Dragon Gate about WLP.

It specifically mentions his living conditions and what he does (or did) with the money from teaching.

I guess if all the stuff written in that book is true then yes, we're looking at a very high-level master and some serious lineage.

What? 3,600 dollars for a 10-day course? hehehe.... :lol:

This chigung business is really a profitable machine.

• Like 2

If only i was the 1% i could study wherever and whenever, not to mention financially healing my family and friends.

• Like 2

It specifically mentions his living conditions and what he does (or did) with the money from teaching.

I guess if all the stuff written in that book is true then yes, we're looking at a very high-level master and some serious lineage.

Can you give me some reference link for "Opening the Dragon Gate"? Thanks.

Can you give me some reference link for "Opening the Dragon Gate"? Thanks.

How about you Google it...jeez

How about you Google it...jeez

Yes, I can. But I am afraid that what I googled is not the true one which someone think.

What? 3,600 dollars for a 10-day course? hehehe.... :lol:

This chigung business is really a profitable machine.

I wonder why the Grandmaster would need the money, he has already attained the Tao.

My hunch is that it goes to flight tickets, hotel and the government. No Taoist organization in China can run freely without someone from the Party overseeing it.

Now, in terms of progression on one's path, one should evaluate how far one can go. If this course means about 10 years of cultivation, why not?

The question is if one really goes that far with these courses.

I couldn't finish that book personally, found it too unbelievable/was not convinced, but then again I am a massive skeptic.

I couldn't finish that book personally, found it too unbelievable/was not convinced, but then again I am a massive skeptic.

Ha -- you should get a phone healing from Chunyi Lin so you can feel the laser shen transmission! haha. When I read "Opening the Dragon Gate" I said - -wow this sounds very similar to Chunyi Lin's training and I knew Chunyi Lin personally -- so I could very easily believe Wang Liping's story. Chunyi Lin has the SAME diet as Wang Liping -- ascetic with fasting and one small meal a day -- and Chunyi Lin does the same long full lotus session -- four hours a night like Wang Liping. Chunyi Lin said he levitated once and I asked him about creating another physical body -- a yang spirit and he said others confirmed this happened to him....

Anyway unless people are in the same room with a real energy master and they get to experience the shen transmission -- then otherwise they don't know what they're missing. haha.

• Like 1

I wonder why the Grandmaster would need the money, he has already attained the Tao.

My hunch is that it goes to flight tickets, hotel and the government. No Taoist organization in China can run freely without someone from the Party overseeing it.

Now, in terms of progression on one's path, one should evaluate how far one can go. If this course means about 10 years of cultivation, why not?

The question is if one really goes that far with these courses.

Exactly. These are some rather significant imponderables that hover around.

Of course, for those with chunks of spare cash under the mattress, i am sure tis better should one decides to 'invest' it in such programs rather than on fanciful holidays and stuff.

The average wage in the US is approx 40K p.a. The fee works out to approximately one month's wages, which is rather steep for 10 days. Having said this, Tibetan Buddhist retreats are not without costs either, but at least there's value in terms of duration - for example, a three months' Ngondro closed retreat (in Europe), incl of food and accommodation, is approx 5K usd. Thats 3 months of intensive teachings and practices, with no interferences at all. This is just for comparison - i know they are two contrastingly different systems.

Personally, if i can save this amount of money each year, i'd make it my goal to travel to India and/or Kathmandu to soak up some of the esoterica, ayurveda and authentic yoga teachings readily available there. Much can be achieved travelling in that region with 3 grand in the pocket.

Edited by C T

Yeah it's one of those:-)

I don't know how the authors intended the book to be understood. I noticed that a lot of the stuff in there was about very specific practices and texts. Other parts of it recalled my own experience (small!) with qigong. There were some interesting ideas about how to set up iching (just one arrangement of the hexagrams) and some other stuff that I've seen referenced elsewhere in practioner books (like ru-ding).

For other parts of it to make sense, one has to adopt a very different tacit view of reality.

What if it is a bore and I don't learn anything? Do they offer any guarantee or refund?

I can buy a lot of solar panels for $3600, and not really sure how much of assistance a retreat would be in comparison.

• Like 1