Hyrage

Hi guys, I need information

Last year, I practiced a very specific meditation and something happened to me and I did not yet found a clear answer.

1. I sit down, closed my eyes and start breathing 7 second inhalation, 3 seconds pause and 7 seconds exhalation for the rest of the meditation.

2. I focus on the thalamus area of the brain until a some sort of seed, ball of light or energy gets formed (could be felt as a form of contraction around the third eye area).

3. Once the seed is formed and stable, I then shift my emotions to unconditional love for all that is and extreme excitement for life.

4. When a higher degree of love is generated, a beam seems to get out of the top and the seed changes itself into a vortex that goes downward in the thalamus area. Around that same area of the brain, the cerebrospinal fluid seems to pulse constantly. I can feel the vortex attracting particles (prana?) downward into my body giving me endless energy. From the thalamus area to the outside, sparks of electricity travel through the neurons. And at the same time, hormones that create a sense of bliss and oneness seems to be secreted for an experience that can last 45 minutes.

This isn't a ''random'' effect as many yoga dudes like to tell me, I can repeat the process. Based on the information I found during the last year, the technique is very similar to the Taoist methods I found such as...

- Lesser Enlightenment of Kan and Li

- Greater Enlightenment of Kan and Li

- Greatest Enlightenment of Kan and Li

- Sealing of the Five Senses

- Congress of Heaven and Earth

- Union of Human and Tao

- Microcosmic Orbit Meditation

Still, I didn't find anything about a vortex that attracts some for of particles of energy, sparks of electricity running through the neurons or nerves of the brain or an intense state of bliss and orgasm that last far longer than a sexual orgasm and that is far more powerful as well.

I beg you guys to please enlighten me :unsure: . If you can help, it would be strongly appreciated.

I have the following questions.

- What is the function or purpose of such technique.

- Does it have anything to do with the path that leads to immortality or the creation of the light body?

- Is that effect same as the activation of the Merkaba taught by Drunvalo Melchizedek?

- Are those effects taught in the Taoist traditions?

Thx in advance,

- Hyrage

Edited by Hyrage
  • Like 1

Yes Taoists use this type of meditation a lot, although in different forms. Typically they say they are activating the pineal gland...all of these different areas of the brain are part of the upper dantien. At this level, your spirit is used as fuel for realizing the Tao...and it is related to "emptiness" experiences.

In my view, feelings that occur through the rest of the body are due to the pituitary also, which regulates the rest of the endocrine system. Some also say that DMT is created through the resonance of the pituitary and pineal glands.

There are different effects based on which way the vortex is rotating.

It's the first step on the immortal/light body path. It is more advanced than the fake merkaba methods of Drunvalo.

Sounds a bit like drawing shen in through the upper dan tien, though with a strong visual accompaniment to the experience. I think for some people, these visuals are brushed off when they have experience having to brush off halucinations, while others get more drawn towards them, but that is just my personal theory, and maybe approach. I tend to brush off the visuals as I've had to build a sense of halucination vs. reality in the past. Doesn't mean the visuals don't represent something, but they can also lead to divergent efforts at times.

This could be something more particular as well, like opening the 3rd eye which others would be able to speak more about here.

For drawing Shen in through the upper dan tien, if that is what is happening, then you don't want to get to caught up and emotionally charged with the experience as that will burn off more energy than is being stored.

The Shen can turn into Chi, and then the Chi into Jing (lots of topics on these if you search this website), but to do so requires great stillness. Think, "allowing, responding, and following" let the energy in and let it do what it does, and only assist in the way you would with water or smoke, gently guiding it (such as during MCO or after to the dan tien). The energy will go where it needs to go if you allow it to, so the effort is non-effort.

Sounds like you're going to enjoy this place :lol: !

- What is the function or purpose of such technique.

- Does it have anything to do with the path that leads to immortality or the creation of the light body?

- Is that effect same as the activation of the Merkaba taught by Drunvalo Melchizedek?

- Are those effects taught in the Taoist traditions?

to answer the 1st and 2nd questions together, the function of the technique is the first stages of the process which leads to the creation of the spiritual embryo, or "immortality". There is not really creation of a light body in my practice, we all have one of those, but it can be strengthened by exercise if thats what you mean. unsure.

its not the same as the egyptian geometries meditations, although they might have had something similar, i don't think it's merkaba.

the geometries of merkaba might be taught in himalayan secrecy but i don't think they're part of mainstream daoism or temple daoism. Although I have received advice from a daoist master (kwan saihung) to meditate on geometries within a chakra, so perhaps at very high levels of daoist knowledge there is merkaba practice. I mean if you're using geometries in spheres to achieve subtle effects, it wouldn't take long to stumble upon the star tetrahedron. pure speculation.

welcome btw, and watch out for that ol rascal mantak chia, theres a lot of criticism of his methods from the internalism crowd. If you can generate light in your head you should seek a master to teach you meditations. Theres a book called Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality, which some people say should never have been written because it shouldn't be learned from books at all (safety issues), and it starts with a meditation much like the one you described and progresses from there. But i don't personally recommend doing that stuff without a teacher. Very dangerous...

http://www.amazon.com/Taoist-Yoga-Immortality-Charles-Luk/dp/0877280673/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325300609&sr=8-1

Sounds a bit like drawing shen in through the upper dan tien, though with a strong visual accompaniment to the experience. I think for some people, these visuals are brushed off when they have experience having to brush off halucinations, while others get more drawn towards them, but that is just my personal theory, and maybe approach. I tend to brush off the visuals as I've had to build a sense of halucination vs. reality in the past. Doesn't mean the visuals don't represent something, but they can also lead to divergent efforts at times.

This could be something more particular as well, like opening the 3rd eye which others would be able to speak more about here.

For drawing Shen in through the upper dan tien, if that is what is happening, then you don't want to get to caught up and emotionally charged with the experience as that will burn off more energy than is being stored.

The Shen can turn into Chi, and then the Chi into Jing (lots of topics on these if you search this website), but to do so requires great stillness. Think, "allowing, responding, and following" let the energy in and let it do what it does, and only assist in the way you would with water or smoke, gently guiding it (such as during MCO or after to the dan tien). The energy will go where it needs to go if you allow it to, so the effort is non-effort.

Sounds like you're going to enjoy this place :lol: !

Thx for the information, that book is very interesting. But I just want to point out that those effects are not hallucinations or things I see in my mind. They are as physical as if I touch you on the arm, they are just of a different type of perception. Just as the inner fire that passes through our upper body.

I'll investigate.