dwai

Tai Chi?

Watch it from 34:00

Yeah...that's what I thought...especially the kao stroke was impressive. The younger guys were using too much li I thought. Apparently the winner is the head coach of the Chen Village Tai Chi school Chen Zhiqiang. Heard he's teaching in San Francisco..any one a student of his?

Edited by dwai

Yeah...that's what I thought...especially the kao stroke was impressive. The younger guys were using too much li I thought. Apparently the winner is the head coach of the Chen Village Tai Chi school Chen Zhiqiang. Heard he's teaching in San Francisco..any one a student of his?

http://internalarts.typepad.com/ken_gullettes_internal_ma/2010/04/an-excellent-use-of-kao-energy-shoulder-in-tai-chi.html

Yes, they were using li(力), alright, rather than Jin(勁). Chen Zhiqiang was always standing in the center of the platform staying calm and reserving his energy while his opponent was too aggressive wasting his strength. His opponent was flying off the ground in his kicking and kicked the opponent above the waist which is a no-no in Tai Chi. That will make him very unstable.

Apparently, Chen Zhiqiang has more Jin(勁) than all his opponents. He was also followed the basic principle of Tai Chi by keeping his cool and poise.