Sign in to follow this  
Smile

On eating meat, again

Here is an interesting video... not that I want to start an argument on pro vs con. Take it for what it's worth. It's actually for those sheltered souls that never experienced the animal being killed in front of them or what kind of energy is created with this act and being in the meat. Certainly not helpful for cultivation.

NOT For The Faint-Of-Heart, so be warned!

Meet your meat Video

I have asked David about it and he said that from the many masters he knows he met only one who actually is a vegetarian and that this master desadvised him to become one himself...

I myself have found the following:

After my Karmic Yoga seminar I followed my teachers way of not consuming meat... I did not put it into a Karmic relationship at that time, but simply spoke about very hard to digest energy (if I remember correctly)...

He did not desadvise against fish (except certain types)... so I am currently going the "fish"-way not eating meat-path and what I realize it that the thoughts & feelings about these animals really dying a heartbreaking way are very present in my awareness... while before being deeply covered and not apparent at all..

very interesting experience

Harry

>it's life... it's death... why attach meaning to it?<

you don't have to attach meaning for it to have meaning...

Harry

Edited by sunshine

Chuang-tzu has many references to eating meat and referred in great detail to how a butcher achieved the Tao, describing in detail how a cow is butchered...

Lieh-tzu had a pig farm, and one does not raise pigs to look at them, one raises pigs to sell for food (pig milk isn't exactly popular), and he is one of the most important Taoist figures...

However, of course the slaughtering of animals in inhumane ways is a terrible crime, and I am sure that Lieh-tzu did not brutalize his pigs as he killed them...

But really: from a Taoist perspective the concept of not eating meat seems entirely irrelavent.

I think:

If we have sharp teeth given to us by nature, incisors to tear through flesh, isn't it one of our natural positions in life to consume meat?

And what is Taoism but following the wind, happy and carefree, not trying to change the impossible, not trying to separate yourself from nature?

Meat tastes good and provides us with good nutrition for our bodies. Animals eat each other, and we are mere glorified animals.

I believe you should do what you feel is helpful in your cultivation. Don't look at what others do- find your own truth through direct experience. To me personaly, the "heavy" energies in meat is hard to transform so I decided it's better to avoid them to save time.

Max

I believe you should do what you feel is helpful in your cultivation. Don't look at what others do- find your own truth through direct experience. To me personaly, the "heavy" energies in meat is hard to transform so I decided it's better to avoid them to save time.

Max

Now that is something I agree with. But why do you then try to convince others eating meat is bad?

Also, I`d like to say that becoming vegeterian is not so easy. I mean, you can`t just decide one day to stop eating meat, might mess yourself up. I eat meat, and I also think it`s a bit "heavy" to digest. But I don`t see myself becoming a vegeterian (at least not anytime soon). I eat when I`m hungry, if it`s meat, it`s meat.

Also, I`d like to say that becoming vegeterian is not so easy. I mean, you can`t just decide one day to stop eating meat, might mess yourself up.

I eat when I`m hungry, if it`s meat, it`s meat

Yes one can decide to stop eating meat and they will not get messed up.

There are studies that indicate that one can eat up to 12 ounces of meat per week

and will be just as healthy as someone who eats no meat. After 12 ounces disease kicks in.

Good to eat when you're hungry but some discrimination should be involved in food choices.

But why do you then try to convince others eating meat is bad?

I'm presenting my opinion. You do all the convincing yourself.

mYTHmAKER

Yes one can decide to stop eating meat and they will not get messed up.

There are studies that indicate that one can eat up to 12 ounces of meat per week

and will be just as healthy as someone who eats no meat. After 12 ounces disease kicks in.

Good to eat when you're hungry but some discrimination should be involved in food choices.

Interesting. What I meant was, that you can`t just stop eating meat. That is not enough. You have to change your diet. I think it`s no good if you stop eating meat all of a sudden and don`t change the rest of your diet at all.

Smile

I'm presenting my opinion. You do all the convincing yourself.

Lol, yes, I guess that is true enough (maybe in more ways than one). :)

*Yawn.* Back to clubbing baby seals.

Hey, I just bought a new set of clubs and 2 tix to the arctic... I think you may look cute in some seal booties.

B)

Hey, I just bought a new set of clubs and 2 tix to the arctic... I think you may look cute in some seal booties.

B)

Okay, I must now admit shamelessly stole that line from someone else... not sure how he'd look in seal booties though.

It was explained to me that meat like the animal carries it's energetic frequency, emotions etc and that eating the meat we carry the frequency. While I think meat eaters probably carry more of the animals stuff they also get to learn how to transform those energies and emotions. I've met a few fruitarians who have a very clear energy but who've also told me that they find it hard to be around groups of people for too long, that they can't deal with other people's anger etc - then if they switch back to a mainstream diet they feel more "solid." I've also met people who just charge their food and work to get all the suffering out of it and put love in. I'm currently on a vegetarian diet - the main difference I'm feeling is that my digestion is heaps quicker.

It was explained to me that meat like the animal carries it's energetic frequency, emotions etc and that eating the meat we carry the frequency. While I think meat eaters probably carry more of the animals stuff they also get to learn how to transform those energies and emotions. I've met a few fruitarians who have a very clear energy but who've also told me that they find it hard to be around groups of people for too long, that they can't deal with other people's anger etc - then if they switch back to a mainstream diet they feel more "solid." I've also met people who just charge their food and work to get all the suffering out of it and put love in. I'm currently on a vegetarian diet - the main difference I'm feeling is that my digestion is heaps quicker.

Koshering meat - draining the blood from the body - removes impurities that are carried in the blood.

Also it's supposed to be a peaceful death - somewhat like slitting your wrists - so the animal does not

project all the energetic fear of death.

As to the fruitarians who can't deal with other peoples anger could be they have too much sugar in their system or their diet isn't balanced. the other possibility is that they are more sensitive and can more readily detect emotions such as anger. Even when I was eating meat I didn't like hanging out with angry people.

www.beyondveg.com

Interesting site.

However it's written by people who didn't follow their diet properly.

It is based on fiction not fact.

Actually slitting your wrists is not a peaceful death. Killing an animal the kosher way--with just one stroke from a perfectly sharp knife--is nothing like slitting your wrists.

Interesting site.

However it's written by people who didn't follow their diet properly.

It is based on fiction not fact.

That's not true.

Actually slitting your wrists is not a peaceful death. Killing an animal the kosher way--with just one stroke from a perfectly sharp knife--is nothing like slitting your wrists.

That's not true.

I was told slitting send one into a peaceful dream state

but I'll take your word for it.

Oh yes it's true

Oh no it's not

is

not

is

not

Too much of something - their diets were not balanced.

The fiction is they think they were doing something correctly when actually they were not.

I would download Beyond Denial: Coming to Grips with Reality in the Veg/Raw Movements.

Is reality your friend or foe, and what are the costs of denial? This in-depth exploration takes a look at important facts of life that have come to light in the vegan and raw-food movements in the new Internet era of open communications now that people have been able to freely and directly compare notes outside the reach of veggie officialdom. At issue are such controversial topics as:

o The unfortunate prevalence of junk science in veganism and rawism--how it hurts you and how it hurts the movement.

o How denial creates an extremist mindset and why it can endanger health despite one's intentions to the contrary.

o How an extremist point of view is perpetuated by stereotyping or disparaging realism and balance as "compromise."

o The latest "Brix-scale" rationalization for the widespread failure of long-term 100% raw-food diets.

o Untangling the "quality paradox" of why most people do better adding some cooked food to an otherwise raw-food diet.

o How "spiritual" is a vegan diet, really, and to what degree are vegan ethics based in reality vs. denial?

The message here is pointed yet simple: "It is always better to live with reality, or without fail, reality will come to live with you."

I was told slitting send one into a peaceful dream state

but I'll take your word for it.

I've also heard this ... from my adopted sister some years ago, who had slit her wrists 4 times.

She'd said it was not painful at all, and she'd just drifted to sleep ...

Alas, her 4th was the final time and how she'd met her end.

(or should I say beginning?)

Sign in to follow this