QGLover

Lower back pain

Hello folks,

first of all, Happy Holidays to all of you, I wish you all the best.

I opened this thread to read your personal experiences with the lower back pain, which is very widely present.

I have pain in my lower back for about few months. It is manifested as pain in the low spine area, mostly while moving, and yes, it is very irritating.

Please tell me your advices so I can get away from this condition :( .

All the best,

QGLover

Hello folks,

I opened this thread to read your personal experiences with the lower back pain, which is very widely present.

I have pain in my lower back for about few months. It is manifested as pain in the low spine area, mostly while moving, and yes, it is very irritating.

All the best,

QGLover

Hello and Seasons Greetings to you.

I would advocate 'Spine Circles' which you can see at the video below -

It is one part of the Ruyi system and the methodology is to open each vertabrae as you bend and close them as you straighten the spine. Relaxation in the back and hips is key so that you can be aware of blockages and tension.

I hope that helps?!

Namaste.

• Like 1

Something that helped me immensely were 2 stretches (as with all stretches, don't overdo it and hurt yourself):

1: lie on your back, hug your knees into your chest. Hold for 30 seconds. This stretches the lower back. Don't force it. You may feel a bit odd when you stand up, but the 2nd stretch should fix it.

2: grab a door frame with right hand about waist high, palm facing to the right, and lean back to stretch the sides, hips, and lower back. Hold for 30 seconds. Then do the same with the left hand.

A lot of lower back pain can be caused by imbalanced muscles on the left and right sides and hips which puts everything out of alignment due imbalanced tension on the two sides of the back. These stretches are meant to put the two sides at an even tension. The stretch at the door frame can stretch right down to your butt. I still do this if I'm lifting a lot of things, but not much otherwise, and managed to cure what was (correctly or incorrectly) diagnosed as sciatica. Either way, it was painful and came back when I lifted heavy things. 2 trips to a massage therapist and these stretches twice a day.. no more problem..

• Like 1

stretch your hamstrings...like 3x a day. doesnt matter how much you stretch your back, neglect the hammies and you'll still have problems. stretch the back also, of course, but hamstrings are important.

• Like 2

Some good suggestions. I also recommend Foundation. If that doesn't work after like a month, or if it makes things worse after a week or two, then you might want to see a physical therapist who specializes in muscle energy, who is willing to take some time to assess you. Could be something that's not self-treatable.

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 1

stretch your hamstrings...like 3x a day. doesnt matter how much you stretch your back, neglect the hammies and you'll still have problems. stretch the back also, of course, but hamstrings are important.

+1

Nothing more important than this.

I've dealt with back pain for many years.

Two things helped -

1. Hamstring stretches every day - get them loose enough to easily put your palms on the floor. Depending on how flexible you are this could take a long time. Don't rush it but be persistent.

2. Understanding the relationship between back pain and emotional stress. Most chronic back pain is a reflection of repressed emotion (anger, rage, frustration, etc...). The work of Dr. John Sarno really helped me and several friends.

Good luck

• Like 2

Thank you for all your tips.

I will definitely try them out. Hopefully I will see some improvements or even a disappearing of the pain.

Best wishes,

QGLover

2. Understanding the relationship between back pain and emotional stress. Most chronic back pain is a reflection of repressed emotion (anger, rage, frustration, etc...). The work of Dr. John Sarno really helped me and several friends.

Good luck

hahaha yup - I recall my brother telling me a couple weeks ago about a little case of road rage he had, got all pissed off at this guy screwing with him on the road, blood boils and next thing ya know...*shakes fist* *tweak* ahhhh! dammit!

:lol:

• Like 1

Hello folks,

All the best,

QGLover

Pilates is very good for strengthening your core and balancing muscle groups

• Like 1

Still in stroke recovery. In my worst days the following videos helped me a lot when I couldn't go to see my instructor.

http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_7704_tai-chi-senior-citizens.html

http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_7189_tai-chi-silk-reeling-basics.html

Also proper zhan zhuang practice.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/44686995/Zhan-Zhuang-Qigong-You-can-feel-it

• Like 1