Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

Steve- Teach me how to meditate

Hello Steve,

From your explanation in the Zazen thread, it seems like you have an extensive understanding of different forms of Taoist meditation and I would very much like to learn more about them. I was wondering, if you had the time, if you could describe a bit more about the different techniques and what they are intended to be used for. My only experience has been with the empty mind type of meditation, but I would certainly like to learn a bit more about the other types of Taoist meditation.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

Note- The title is a play on the old Seth thread that was started awhile ago and wasn't meant to be offensive. I actually respect Steve a great deal and would like to learn a bit more from him. Also if anyone else has some insight, please feel free to add your comments as well.

No offense taken!

You are nothing if not sincere my friend.

Sorry to disappoint but I don't teach meditation.

I just talk too much....

:lol:

• Like 1

I am only familiar with 2 types of Taoist Meditation.

1. Bruce Frantzis Water Method

2. Stillness-Movement which is what Ya Mu teaches

-My 2 cents, Peace

I am only familiar with 2 types of Taoist Meditation.

1. Bruce Frantzis Water Method

2. Stillness-Movement which is what Ya Mu teaches

-My 2 cents, Peace

Go to a Healing Tao seminar and they'll teach you a dozen in the first hour. Which is their strength and weakness.

• Like 1

Aaron, what's your goal, what do you do presently, what is it that you feel you are missing?

• Like 2

that 5 gates breathing/meditation is still working well for me.

just sitting and focusing on a candle flame, noticing every single flicker and change of colors, radiance, auras,

is a good place to start imo.

there is a wonderful little book can be found on used book sites for about a buck Tai Chi Chuan and Meditation

by Da Liu.

Sign in to follow this