Sign in to follow this  
z00se

Inner power for outer gain

The ancient shoulin monks perfected the balance of inner and outer kung fu. It has come apparent to me thru intensive internal practice that external practice is equally important. Although i have tried many different types of external training now i do a little weights, lots of stretching and medium amount of running. I feel this is best for me, and now i am also trying to get an iron pinch by pinching the steering wheel for as long as possible while i drive over 5-6 hrs a day.... for self defense purposes.

... So what do you do externally. Where you do you channel your energy for external development?

edit: Misunderstood question?

I dont understand your question, can you make it clearer?

Edited by sinansencer

The ancient shoulin monks perfected the balance of inner and outer kung fu. It has come apparent to me thru intensive internal practice that external practice is equally important. Although i have tried many different types of external training now i do a little weights, lots of stretching and medium amount of running. I feel this is best for me, and now i am also trying to get an iron pinch by pinching the steering wheel for as long as possible while i drive over 5-6 hrs a day.... for self defense purposes.

... So what do you do externally. Where you do you channel your energy for external development?

Am not 100% sure but you might do some damage pinching your steering wheel for as long as possible.

Should have some kind of rhythm.

Damage to you not the steering wheel LOL

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Yeah if you are doing external then you want the yin-yang dynamics going on. So doing standing horse with the thunder palms or sword fingers. Or do moving of yin and yang with the knees really bent -- or not -- depending on how steep the practice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_1sPDntOTs I do the pick axe and hand saw on ten acres of buckthorn for my work and external exercise. Exercise does help build up the qi energy but it's not the same as doing the yin/yang exercises. So otherwise everyone would be energy masters. haha.

Still the martial arts movies has people training doing "normal" exercises that then translate into martial arts moves. But not quite as subtle as building up qi energy.

Chunyi Lin had to do two hours non-stop of the pole or horse stance at the Shaolin Monastery -- two hours non-stop every day for three months - no moving. Thighs flat.

You can see that in the Shaolin documentary on youtube - but he says moving of yin and yang is the standard foundation for the active external exercises -- so he has people do it for an hour non-stop sometimes.

For me personally i found that doing Hatha Yoga is a great exercise.

I find it fun, challenging, and very rewarding. It keeps the body in good condition for the short term and long term and it also compliments one's spiritual practices.

Edited by OldGreen

For me personally i found that doing Hatha Yoga is a great exercise.

I find it fun, challenging, and very rewarding. It keeps the body in good condition for the short term and long term and it also compliments one's spiritual practices.

Ah yeah my grandma did that she showed me a few things i find that good. It compliments meditation i think very well and makes meditation easier

I dont understand your question, can you make it clearer?

Why do you meditate? what is it that it lets you do better? Do you have a goal that it lets you achieve

Sign in to follow this