Birch

Behind the words

Hi Folks!

Happy day after the day before to all:-)

I wanted to get people's takes on their experience with feeling "stuff" behind the written word. Especially online.

I've noticed I seem to pick up on very specific "vibes" in posts that don't seem to be related to whatever the text actually says.

We've discussed "projection" a lot on here which might make sense sometimes (as in when one feels a post directly pertains to oneself and I refer to as a "drive by" ) but not always.

Drew, I think I already know what you might say;-) and I'm also looking for others' input. Thanks!

Hi Folks!

I wanted to get people's takes on their experience with feeling "stuff" behind the written word. Especially online.

I've noticed I seem to pick up on very specific "vibes" in posts that don't seem to be related to whatever the text actually says.

We've discussed "projection" a lot on here which might make sense sometimes (as in when one feels a post directly pertains to oneself and I refer to as a "drive by" ) but not always.

Drew, I think I already know what you might say;-) and I'm also looking for others' input. Thanks!

Try feeling those vibes with your favorite novel. its fantastic.

Hi Folks!

If I was in a forum with mostly women... but this is a forum with mostly guys and admittedly there are some drawbacks to that.

I think if someone is tuned in, they can find answers anywhere if they know how to look. Like throwing runes or reading the I Ching, some people just have a light that goes on and connects the message to their situation. Even then, I would say projection is involved, but if the mind is in a state of calm and desirelessness (not with grasping expectations) then the projections can reveal solutions that the conscious mind was unable to process in it's way of analysis. It may be possible that guardian spirits have something to do with this, but I think they like to remain backstage, so I'm comfortable not really knowing for sure if there is a supernormal dimension involved and thank them either way!

People imply things with undertone or emotion or various non-verbal ways all the time too.. Just saying "Hi" can imply 100 different things!

Interesting H_E.

I'm referring specifically to online forms of communication where the undertones, well, where are they?

Interesting H_E.

I'm referring specifically to online forms of communication where the undertones, well, where are they?

Some people who get online are so extreme (there ARE extreme people in the world, you know) that projection or any such is out of the question. E.g., I used to have an online friend who was so intense that he crashed my computer every time he got on to talk to me via the messenger. (Granted, it was a PC, now I have a Mac which is a bit sturdier, better qi.) When he sent me an email in the middle of the night (insomniac down South, different time zone), I woke up every time (sic) and knew what woke me up -- a message from "R." I had to put a ban on the messenger and specify a time frame for emails to protect my computer and my sleep.

So, that's an extreme case of unwittingly projecting "vibes" into online communications, but I pretty much feel what the "behind the words" people are like always. Sometimes strongly, sometimes slightly, but always. (Of course when in doubt I can always ask the I Ching -- in assessing the effects of other people on me the oracle is correct in 100% of cases, so it's a matter of listening -- I can only go wrong if I don't.)

Interesting H_E.

Reading energy online is awkward because it's pretty difficult to tell people the energy right when you read it. haha. Someone commented about females changing the energy. Yes I can read female jing energy as I've commented. Chunyi Lin though says not to have crushes or whatever. I mean I sit in full lotus at the computer as much as possible and then I sublimate the female jing energy but it is experienced as orgasmic. haha.

On the other I also pick up male perv energy and this is the opposite -- it's like the worst kind of attempt to suck me off. So if I pick up a perv then I avoid the person because it's such a visceral negative energy that it's the last thing I want to experience again. It may take hours of full lotus to reverse a perv attack online. Sometimes though if a perv is claiming to be some spiritual teacher or is publishing writing, etc. then I will out the perv. In that case the perv, obviously, gets irate. haha. It is dangerous to do this.

Oh well -- I just stay in full lotus and then the energy will correct itself and the blockages will get transformed and the energy will recharge, etc.

The other thing though is that most people don't seem to be able to read this energy -- so there was a perv lurking on taobums and that's why I left before. I never said who it was directly but I gave such strong hints that it was obvious who I was talking about. But then just talking about such things then amplifies and attracts them. So that's the other issue about energy -- sometimes silence is better.

For example if someone says something to me and it's obviously not true -- it's an excuse for something else, an attempt at a cover-up -- I just make a low "uh huh" response. haha. Like it's filled with sarcasm but also humor -- like I am laughing back at the absurdity. I mean people will say words but the intention will be the opposite. I have mentioned how this happened to me online -- a female with strong jing energy emailed me with nice words but the anger energy was so strong that I fasted for three days in full lotus to transform the email energy. haha. Then I had this amazingly strong internal climax that was her strong email anger energy that was really repressed sex energy now turned into love energy. All that covered-up in a nice brief email.

So then it's also strange to go past the lower emotions -- I mean when the heart chakra really opens up then there is strong love after the repeated internal climaxes -- strong mutual love -- but there is also strong heart break from physical separation. The heart electromagnetic chi energy is a physical attraction like a magnet. So this lower emotional "over excitement" of heart love and heart break also has to be transcended to build up the chi energy even stronger to open up the third eye. This is best described by the femme fatale phenomenon. I'm sure a lot of guys have met some female they really fell for and then their heart was broken. Actually I had a girlfriend like this -- my last girlfriend and then after pondering this I call it the "alpha female" response. So it's not exactly limited to energy online but it does exist. I mean the "alpha female" is the "love and leave 'em types" and the thing is that after so many internal climaxes by the female she will then open up her pineal gland to go past all the lower emotions -- so the alpha female comes off as cold as ice. But really the "alpha female" is going around initiating males to be real men -- initiating them past heart break. Camille Paglia discusses this in her tome "Sexual Personae."

Chunyi Lin says that love is the real focus of the energy healing and the energy power. Gurdjieff calls this the Large Accumulator of the emotional center. Chunyi Lin says that when he encounters someone with a deep blockage then in response he needs to go deeper into his heart to clear out the other person's blockage. So the Ch'an Master book by George Crane, Bones of My Master -- he focuses on compassion. How the sadness of the lungs slows down to increase the heart over-excitement and this increases the chi energy. Taoist Yoga: alchemy and immortality describes this lung sadness slowing down breathing to increase the heart chi process. So I think the lower emotional energy actually just keeps deepening. Michael Winn says he was concerned Mantak Chia was teaching astral travel before fusion of the five elements was mastered. Taoist Yoga says if astral travel is done too early the shen spirit light energy is not strong enough so there is dizziness created by a space time vortex -- this indicates the kidney energy is still too weak since ringing in the ears is also kidney energy. I had this happen to me when I was doing my intensive qi training. The rainbow vortex of the DMT energy converts the jing kundalini energy into chi as the heart chakra emits the OHM sound -- I had this happen to me after being inspired by http://realitysandwich.com folks describing their DMT experiences -- so I tried it in full lotus third eye qigong style. So that was my deepest online energy experience -- because of my online energy transfers I did psychotropic plants like Salvia, etc. to test against the qigong third eye training.

Edited by fulllotus

What do you mean -K-? Are you talking about extrapolating? Or something else?

It seems fair to assume that we all reveal more in our words than what is intended sometimes.

I hope Audiohealing doesn't mind men using his words as an example.

I am going to use master Lin's method for at least 4 months and I'll take it from there. For now, I'm liking it a lot and I can't help but love the guy. (nohomo)

(nohomo) in this case, and from my understanding has nothing to do with what love is. Like there is an assumption being made that stems from the perspective that love could be equivalent to sex. Do the words (nohomo) actually add to the clarity of the statement?

That depends on ones perspective when reading the words, for me (nohomo) has nothing to do with describing love. While I don't doubt that he did feel love, it was but a fleeting glimpse of what true love is. I think that fleeting glimpse is what the majority of the populace thinks of as love at this point in time, because there isn't any experience of the grander version in which to compare.

I think more hearts are opening everyday, to go beyond that fleeting feeling, into the true nature of love.

Edited by Informer

I think the extrapolating part is the projecting/avoidance of the "true" energy/intent behind the words. I'm referring to the feeling of the online words. The easiest one to feel IME is anger because that's spikey and, well, it hurts exactly as if someone was spiking you with something. I think it's different when you "know" people. In the latter case I think you can project a lot more (possible defense move?) but online with a bunch of people you don't know, well it just sort of leaps off the page.

I hope Audiohealing doesn't mind men using his words as an example.

View PostAudiohealing, on 26 December 2011 - 10:37 AM, said:

I am going to use master Lin's method for at least 4 months and I'll take it from there. For now, I'm liking it a lot and I can't help but love the guy. (nohomo)

(nohomo) in this case, and from my understanding has nothing to do with what love is. Like there is an assumption being made that stems from the perspective that love could be equivalent to sex. Do the words (nohomo) actually add to the clarity of the statement?

That depends on ones perspective when reading the words, for me (nohomo) has nothing to do with describing love.

Cool quote -- yeah I was thinking that about Chunyi Lin as well. I even told him that I felt great love for him. My first transmission from Chunyi Lin was in his Level 1 class the first night. My girlfriend picked me up and I was thinking -- gee the bliss-love I felt from chunyi Lin was better than any sex I've had. haha. But I also saw light energy -- I mean chunyi Lin is doing a top down transmission -- shen light to chi energy.

Edited by fulllotus

I think the extrapolating part is the projecting/avoidance of the "true" energy/intent behind the words. I'm referring to the feeling of the online words. The easiest one to feel IME is anger because that's spikey and, well, it hurts exactly as if someone was spiking you with something. I think it's different when you "know" people. In the latter case I think you can project a lot more (possible defense move?) but online with a bunch of people you don't know, well it just sort of leaps off the page.

I don't know, generally I just feel love regardless. Sometimes it may seem that people try to use words to get under my skin, and vice versa, some probably feel that I do the same. How can you know if what you are feeling has anything to do with the words themselves as opposed to the intent of the words? Furthermore, how do you know that was how the words were intended? The words will be subjected through an interpretation of the individuals perspective that has to then be subjected to articulation, all of which exist no true norm.

It seems like the interpretation of the words would be the main component of what the words make you feel, if you decide to allow them to make you feel anything. I think the words are inherently meaningless and without power of their own accord.

Edited by Informer

I think you could pick up on the intent of the words, through extrapolating either consciously or subconsciously without an emotional attachment. Maybe one who is highly sensitive could use emotions for extrapolating, without need of the articulation/interpretation of the conscious mind.

Edited by Informer

I have learned to use great care selecting which words I will use when making many of my posts. There are so many words that contain negative or positve connotations and I really don't like myself using words that have caused someone to gain an understanding from something I said that I didn't intend to present.

Other times, when joking around, I will say things and let the reader try to figure out what I really meant.

But mostly I don't want to unintentionally offend anyone.

• Like 1

I don't know, generally I just feel love regardless. Sometimes it may seem that people try to use words to get under my skin, and vice versa, some probably feel that I do the same. How can you know if what you are feeling has anything to do with the words themselves as opposed to the intent of the words? Furthermore, how do you know that was how the words were intended? The words will be subjected through an interpretation of the individuals perspective that has to then be subjected to articulation, all of which exist no true norm.

It seems like the interpretation of the words would be the main component of what the words make you feel, if you decide to allow them to make you feel anything. I think the words are inherently meaningless and without power of their own accord.

Well, this is exactly what I'm referring to:-)

And I think depending on what's "really" going on, well it's probably a few of those things.

If words are inherently meaningless, why use them as vehicles for meaning?

I think that if you bring subconscious emotional extrapolation into the conscious mind, you will find that you have more control in regards to feeling and what you are feeling. Although you may lose the valuable insight the subconscious extrapolations offer, as what you are choosing to feel will override whatever intent someone is projecting. Maybe you can switch modes and utilize both techniques, like take on the negative feeling for insight then replace it with love. Then you would do better to pass on the love in a manner that can relate to the perspective that was extrapolated.

If words are inherently meaningless, why use them as vehicles for meaning?

Good question.

Maybe that is why some take a vow of silence?

I think convenience could be the logical explanation.

Edited by Informer

Do you think there is a link created from the perspective from which the words were written, to those who read the words? Like a thought stream is created and upon following the words you enter that stream that can then be converted to the emotional perspective of the person writing it. Is this stream one way? Or can that same stream be used to send and receive?

Sensitivity should be used wisely. A good time to use it, for instance, is when a person needs to talk but doesn't admit it...and you sense that you should keep it up and help. Also, knowing when not to help someone.

My belief is that when you focus on something, such as another person's negative feeling, you are cultivating it. If a healer were to be intensely aware of a person's cancer, for example, they would end up developing it themselves...whereas if they were aware of healing energy, maybe something more positive would come about.

This is very closely related to "if you point your finger at someone, there are 3 pointing back at you." We are not separate...we do project things.

If you just let go of your awareness of everyone's vibes, then maybe you can give the person a chance to allow their emotions to flow out rather then be held. Flowing is healing, and holding is unnatural and of course harmful. Similar to ho'oponopono.

We're all pretty see through here. But the worst thing is holding onto a belief about how you, or someone else is...because then whatever it is, stays and slowly destroys us. Us both! When someone is not allowed to be who they are in each moment (they change!), maybe because they are put into a definition in other people's minds, then they aren't flowing...they are imprisoned in spirit, at least in part.

So...yes, there is a bunch of crap you can feel behind people's words...but it's not good to feel a bunch of crap! :lol: This is just my view.

• Like 1

Interesting POV Scott.

I think I can do quite well at it, but the spikey stuff hurts.

Wonderful post Informer!

Maybe try tonglen with it. You are feeling it, so it is yours regardless of whether you acknowledge that or not. It's your feeling. But if you do acknowledge it, you claim your power over it and 'eat' the energy of it.

Like a sharp tip of a blade of grass, if you let it poke you and you barely touch it, you might bleed...but if you reach for it without fear, it will just bend.

Or: you are more powerful than a temporary feeling.

Sensitivity should be used wisely. A good time to use it, for instance, is when a person needs to talk but doesn't admit it...and you sense that you should keep it up and help. Also, knowing when not to help someone.

My belief is that when you focus on something, such as another person's negative feeling, you are cultivating it. If a healer were to be intensely aware of a person's cancer, for example, they would end up developing it themselves...whereas if they were aware of healing energy, maybe something more positive would come about.

This is very closely related to "if you point your finger at someone, there are 3 pointing back at you." We are not separate...we do project things.

If you just let go of your awareness of everyone's vibes, then maybe you can give the person a chance to allow their emotions to flow out rather then be held. Flowing is healing, and holding is unnatural and of course harmful. Similar to ho'oponopono.

We're all pretty see through here. But the worst thing is holding onto a belief about how you, or someone else is...because then whatever it is, stays and slowly destroys us. Us both! When someone is not allowed to be who they are in each moment (they change!), maybe because they are put into a definition in other people's minds, then they aren't flowing...they are imprisoned in spirit, at least in part.

So...yes, there is a bunch of crap you can feel behind people's words...but it's not good to feel a bunch of crap! :lol: This is just my view.

a good point