wakeupneo

Grounding Techniques Tai Chi

Hey gang,

Just wanted to get some feedback regarding some potent grounding Tai Chi, techniques or systems. Looking to do a couple of hours/day of tai chi practice. IS this too much? Could this in any way be dangerous?

After years of intense work in the higher centers, the kundalini awoke and rose. The intensity and disorientation at times was almost unbearable. After a couple weeks of intense grounding, it seems that it has cooled off a bit.

Spiritual practice is very much a part of my life, been practicing for many hours that past few years. Would still like to continue in some manner, however am looking for something that would ground the energy and bring Shiva down.

Even regular zen shikantaza is out of the question as the mind starts getting absorbed and leaves me totally disorientated. Thinking something with movement might be better for me now.

Looking forward to all your feedback.

Namaste,

j

Edited by wakeupneo

Hey gang,

Just wanted to get some feedback regarding some potent grounding Tai Chi, techniques or systems. Looking to do a couple of hours/day of tai chi practice. IS this too much? Could this in any way be dangerous?

j

Not too much if you are doing it correctly.

I suggest you find a teacher who can guide you.

Things that help with K:

- context (seeing it as process to be embraced rather than feared).

- study on it, know your experience

- good food and exercise

- backing off from "head" techniques for a while

- get health concerns checked, it's not all "just K"

I personally had to put meat back on the menu. I also find the study and use of 5E personally helpful with it

I think it also helps to have a goal in mind with such transformation. I think it's just the start (the K rise) and I wouldn't chase it, but that's just me.

-----opinion alert-----

People on here that know what's going on in practical terms you can work with:

(IMO and non-exhaustive list)

- Susan and co at KAP

- Seth Ananda

- Hundun

- Scotty

• Like 2

Things that help with K:

- context (seeing it as process to be embraced rather than feared).

- study on it, know your experience

- good food and exercise

- backing off from "head" techniques for a while

- get health concerns checked, it's not all "just K"

I personally had to put meat back on the menu. I also find the study and use of 5E personally helpful with it

I think it also helps to have a goal in mind with such transformation. I think it's just the start (the K rise) and I wouldn't chase it, but that's just me.

-----opinion alert-----

People on here that know what's going on in practical terms you can work with:

(IMO and non-exhaustive list)

- Susan and co at KAP

- Seth Ananda

- Hundun

- Scotty

Thank you all for your replies. They are all extremely helpful.

Is my logic correct in that Tai Chi practice will ground this energy? Will start to channel this excessive energy down?

I have also put meat back on the menu as well as other grounding activities, such as sex, etc.

If anyone else has any feedback on this matter...

love,

j

Tai chi is grounding

Not eating sugar is very grounding

You don't have to eat meat to be grounded.

IMHO this is an excuse for people who really want to eat meat.

If you want to eat meat just do it - no excuses.

Breathing into and from your tan tien is grounding.

Standing meditation - zhan zhang standing is grounding

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Hey gang,

After years of intense work in the higher centers, the kundalini awoke and rose. The intensity and disorientation at times was almost unbearable. After a couple weeks of intense grounding, it seems that it has cooled off a bit.

Spiritual practice is very much a part of my life, been practicing for many hours that past few years. Would still like to continue in some manner, however am looking for something that would ground the energy and bring Shiva down.

Even regular zen shikantaza is out of the question as the mind starts getting absorbed and leaves me totally disorientated. Thinking something with movement might be better for me now.

Namaste,

j

Full lotus grounds. Just ask Wang Liping. haha.

Do as much as you want. Have fun.

Thank you for all the wonderful replies...

Looking to start doing Tai Chi... any system that anyone out there recommends? Particularly one that is grounding, not highly energetic.

love,

j

Thank you for all the wonderful replies...

Looking to start doing Tai Chi... any system that anyone out there recommends? Particularly one that is grounding, not highly energetic.

love,

j

Check out teachers in your area - see who you resonate with.

See if the teacher looks grounded. The students may not be as they are learning.

I do Wu style and Chen style. Chen is more energetic but it is definitely grounding.

The style really doesn't matter as all tai chi done properly follows the same principles.

Worst. Advice. Ever.

Stop spamming this forum, please...make your ridiculous posts in the dedicated full lotus thread.

With your advice, if some poor idiot ended up believing you, you could be directly responsible for them going crazy and also draining a lot of their energy...possibly taking away many years of their lifespan.

You don't have to eat meat to be grounded.

Sometimes, a little beef is the only thing that can help...at least in my experience.

• Like 2

Sometimes, a little beef is the only thing that can help...at least in my experience.

Ground beef for grounding LOL

My point was that sometimes people are looking for an excuse to justify eating meat.

"I would be a vegetarian if I didn't need meat to ground myself"

Sometimes a small piece of chocolate will do the trick. I've seen it work where people were really freaking out.

The best way IMHO is to have a balanced diet with no refined sugars and no caffeine - sodas - alcohol.

Yeah, if a person is vegetarian they don't need to worry until they actually experience being ungrounded. :) And then, no worries, there is always that juicy burger waiting for you down the street.

20030411-1097-Cosmo-McDonalds-Boys.jpg

Yeah, if a person is vegetarian they don't need to worry until they actually experience being ungrounded. :) And then, no worries, there is always that juicy burger waiting for you down the street.

I've experienced being ungrounded - freaking out ungrounded -

fixed my diet - without eating meat - have been grounded for many years now.

And yes I've had my kundalini awakened.

I haven't found anything more grounding than connecting with nature. I try to find a nice spot by an oak or other hardwood tree. I take off my shoes, and show the tree metta. I go with whatever feeling I get to determine if the tree minds my presence. If i get the feeling of annoyance, I go somewhere else. If it doesn't mind me sitting in meditation with it, then I just sit with my back to the tree and meditate. If done properly, the grounding will have long reaching effects, you may even become entangled with the tree on a spiritual level that your presence no-longer becomes necessary for grounding.

You must always approach in a respectful manner taking care to do minimal damage to the foliage. Take extra care not to stomp down any saplings, and if you need to learn metta 1st, it is pretty straight forward.

"Mettā (Pali: मेत्ता in Devanagari) or maitrī (Sanskrit: मैत्री) is loving-kindness,[1][2] friendliness,[3][4][5] benevolence,[2][4] amity,[3] friendship,[4] good will,[4] kindness,[6] love,[3] sympathy,[3] close mental union (on same mental wavelength),[4] and active interest in others.[3] It is one of the ten pāramīs of the Theravāda school of Buddhism, and the first of the four sublime states (Brahmavihāras). This is love without clinging (upādāna).

The cultivation of loving-kindness (mettā bhāvanā) is a popular form of meditation in Buddhism. In the Theravadin Buddhist tradition, this practice begins with the meditator cultivating loving-kindness towards themselves,[7] then their loved ones, friends, teachers, strangers, enemies, and finally towards all sentient beings. In the Tibetan Buddhist tradition, this practice is associated with tonglen (cf.), whereby one breathes out ("sends") happiness and breathes in ("receives") suffering.[8] Tibetan Buddhists also practice contemplation of the four immeasurables, which they sometimes call 'compassion meditation'[9]"

There are some bagua practitioners on here that could prob tell more.

Edited by Informer

Looking to do a couple of hours/day of tai chi practice. IS this too much? Could this in any way be dangerous?

To add to what others have already said, not necessarily too much. I find Tai Chi to be very grounding. If you are relaxed, you can sink and make roots.

When I go to class, it is about 2 hours of form and application combined and it feels like a real workout. My daily practice varies from about 20 to 40 minutes.

Good advice to find a good teacher. If you are into exploring herbs, Wood Betony is a good one for grounding.

Hey gang,

Namaste,

j

sorry i'm a bit late to the discussion. :blush:

so... are you really super-interested in tai chi chuan, or are you actually just looking for really good practices that ground the K? sounds to me like your topic is a little too limited by focusing only on tai chi if what you're actually seeking are methods of K management. i would have read the thread earlier had it been titled with some reference to Kundalini.

there are a lot of practices that are a lot easier than tai chi chuan AND a lot more effective at managing the K, but i'm a big fan of tai chi chuan as well. so it really depends on what you're really looking for. you're gonna have to answer that.

YES. this is true. this isn't necessarily true for most people, but i find that it's only because most people aren't dealing with the same levels of intensity.

as a matter of caution, i won't work with a student who is not willing to entertain the possibility that they might need to eat meat in order to manage their process. i do my best to keep it smooth and gradual, and i even take the sharp, punctuated stuff into myself to smooth them out (like a lot of teachers do for their students), but sometimes a breakthrough can be so dramatic that you really need a dense protein to get you through the day. if you have a job and other obligations it can really be essential, ESPECIALLY if you don't have the guidance of a teacher. OR you need enough free time and support in your life to make it through to the other side of a psychotic episode. trust me, it can get REAL. :lol:

I've experienced being ungrounded - freaking out ungrounded -

fixed my diet - without eating meat - have been grounded for many years now.

And yes I've had my kundalini awakened.

indeed. but keep in mind, my friend: you were fortunate enough to receive the Grace of a Guru. Shaktipat transmission has a MUCH better track record for easy management and steady progression than any other means that i know of. if wakeupneo wasn't initiated by a competent teacher or a master backed by a lineage, he could be dealing with levels of crazy that you never had to endure.

wakeupneo,

more important than techniques and practice regimens, you should probably find yourself a teacher. if you want, you can send me a PM and we can talk about things you can do on your own. for some people, it's doable to go solo, but not for most people. i can help you with tools and information, but a good teacher can ground you just by being in their presence.

it's tricky on your own, but there's really no down side to having a teacher.

The cultivation of loving-kindness (mettā bhāvanā) is a popular form of meditation in Buddhism. In the Theravadin Buddhist tradition, this practice begins with the meditator cultivating loving-kindness towards themselves,[7] then their loved ones, friends, teachers, strangers, enemies, and finally towards all sentient beings.

this is a very lovely practice, but it doesn't really do anything when the Big K is raging. it's a great practice to cultivate when you're NOT in emergency, however.

In the Tibetan Buddhist tradition, this practice is associated with tonglen (cf.), whereby one breathes out ("sends") happiness and breathes in ("receives") suffering.[8]

Tonglen can actually be dangerous when the K is really active. i wouldn't go near it in wakeupneo's case. not without a really skilled teacher, although i doubt a really skilled teacher would recommend that practice, given the situation.

a wild Kundalini state is not a time to pick up a practice where you breathe in the suffering of others, no matter how well-intentioned.

Edited by Hundun

when i feel too hot from qigong practice, so hot that it is very uncomfortable, i just walk barefoot on the soil for few minutes. helps cool down and ground.

Edited by kundalini