Sign in to follow this  
Protector

New Body

I'm curious about qi gong and meditations that make a person practicing it change from the inside and keep it that way. Normal stuff usually just moves the energy into different parts of the body and it kinda changes or it's used for healing and such. I want to know about the permanent changes in metabolism or something like that. Speaking of metabolism, what's up with some masters bragging that they can eat all that poisonous stuff, sheesh :lol:

Out of desperate vanity, or perhaps fear, people will resort to any means to resist the onslaught of old age and physical decline. Every one wants to remain youthful forever. Therein lies the easiest way to snaggle people out of a few bob.

Well, not a completely new body but more of an upgrade, maybe there's something different now from before or some things feel more numb while others super sensitive, that sort of stuff

I'm curious about qi gong and meditations that make a person practicing it change from the inside and keep it that way. Normal stuff usually just moves the energy into different parts of the body and it kinda changes or it's used for healing and such. I want to know about the permanent changes in metabolism or something like that. Speaking of metabolism, what's up with some masters bragging that they can eat all that poisonous stuff, sheesh :lol:

When I went to the Level 3 retreat some students said that Chunyi Lin had to ingest deadly poison as part of his qigong training. I never asked him about this nor heard any more about it. But he did say he can do the 220 volts of electricity or whatever. So to do poison would seem feasible. He also said that once the town drunk challenged him to drink six bottles of wine so Chunyi Lin transferred all the alcohol to the town drunk's six bottles. Since Chunyi Lin doesn't drink alcohol -- but then the town drunk couldn't handle it all and Chunyi Lin was fine. haha. So that would imply -- since alcohol is really a poison -- also the amanita mushroom is a poison so you just have to eat it really slowly to let the liver convert the poison into the psychotropic.

As for the metabolism -- Chunyi Lin says to only eat till 70% full or else the food goes to the head. This is a constant problem for me. I want to eat till I am full. But alas -- I have a permanent magnetic bliss in the center of my brain. When I eat food then it goes up my spine into my brain as an impurity. Seriously.

I know that chi can be seen pulsating in the arms when its transmitted. I read that actually chi is transmitted through the tendons. This makes sense because the cartilage has the highest piezoelectric transduction of the body.

Chunyi Lin also says that the qi energy can create any proteins he needs for nourishment. So -- also the heart rate will slow way down in deep meditation. Also he only needs a few hours of sleep a night and then sits in full lotus the rest of the time. then he just eats one meal a day and fasts one day a week -- starting sunday night and then eating on Tuesday again.

So then he did seven weeks with no food, no water and no sleep.

So obviously the metabolism is strongly affected. The big issue for me it getting others to understand this. Look I can't eat normal food and I have to meditate all the time. haha. People just don't take that seriously. No really -- eat this food. O.K. but I will smell because it's too impure. That explanation just doesn't go over well.

Yeah the spiritual and the mundane do not really mix. But once the physiology is permanently changed there is no going back. Then people learn through experience after going through denial, etc.

I wonder how do you make the body use chi instead of eating away itself when starving, I guess eating away at muscles is like using up chi

Maybe a person just needs a lot of chi for that, bleh

I wonder how do you make the body use chi instead of eating away itself when starving, I guess eating away at muscles is like using up chi

Maybe a person just needs a lot of chi for that, bleh

It's the stored sex energy that is turned into chi. So the sex energy is like a battery pack. The book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" explains this in detail. You can find it on my blog http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com -- the full book is online.

O.K. so you need a place where no one else is trying to suck off your sex energy. Converting Jing to Chi is dangerous. But then you have to store up the chi.

I can take in other peoples' jing energy and then live off that. This year I went 10 days on no food -- no problem. On the 10th day I hiked through the woods, giving a lecture to my nephew and then climbed a ladder to the roof, carrying buckets of water up. So that was 10 days on no food. No problem. But I was not STORING the chi and that is the big difference. Instead I was taking in other people's lower emotional jing energy and then shooting it back at them at chi energy -- so I was healing them. haha.

It's the stored sex energy that is turned into chi. So the sex energy is like a battery pack. The book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" explains this in detail. You can find it on my blog http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com -- the full book is online.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam that's a lot of reading :lol:

reading is fun tho' hmmmm

but I will smell because it's too impure

And here you have the opposite of the masters being able to eat anything. ;)

Honestly, qi makes you healthy. It's mysterious, but does heal you from the inside out. Incorrect practice does not, and you will know it through your signs and symptoms. It is not a good sign to smell like shit, no matter what.

Lower dantien practices can be very healing...more or less, depending on the method itself. They are relatively slow working and very balanced in how they heal. Upper dantien meditations can be healing, as well, since can balance the endocrine system.

Each moment you have a new body and it's up to you what you're going to keep cultivating with it.

Sorry to harp on about Damo Mitchell's Nei Gong book but he does mention that LDT work ought to be finished at some point otherwise risk stagnation. My personal opinion is that "stagnation" is fine if you have an objective for it (like iron shirt for a while for example) but in that case, it's not "stagnating", the exchange is just of a different type.

Check out the biology of kundalini website for information on anaerobic respiration and the "ammonia" hypothesis.

Sorry to harp on about Damo Mitchell's Nei Gong book but he does mention that LDT work ought to be finished at some point otherwise risk stagnation. My personal opinion is that "stagnation" is fine if you have an objective for it (like iron shirt for a while for example) but in that case, it's not "stagnating", the exchange is just of a different type.

Check out the biology of kundalini website for information on anaerobic respiration and the "ammonia" hypothesis.

Interesting directions K -- thanks. I like the emphasis on "packing" qi as incorrect -- that instead there is space made for chi as more chi fills the body. Chunyi Lin says that what happens is we achieve a new level so that we no longer feel the chi energy anymore and then we have to fill up that level to start feeling the chi again. Hmmm.... so that fits with what Dumo Mitchell is describing.

Yeah I had been wondering about sodium because the book "Taoist Yoga" says to be on a salt-free diet which is what I did when I was training intensively. then a few days ago I had too much salt by accident and really noticed the bad effects. then today I discovered research saying how sodium is what causes the serotonin to be taken up by the brain -- so lower sodium would mean more serotonin in the brain, then increasing DMT, etc. as Mantak Chia connects to qi energy.

Anyway that serotonin sodium connection makes sense -- with potassium increasing the parasympathetic nervous system for relaxation (serotonin) from the lower body. http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0001-37652004000100008

Future studies should focus on other paradigms of serotonin depletion in order to elucidate the mechanisms responsible for the alterations in water-electrolyte homeostasis and sodium appetite, and to establish straighter correlations with the cardiovascular hypertensive disturbances that develop in affective disorders originating during serotonergic hypofunction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin_transporter

The serotonin transporter (SERT) is a monoamine transporter protein.

This protein is an integral membrane protein that transports the neurotransmitter serotonin from synaptic spaces into presynaptic neurons. This transport of serotonin by the SERT protein terminates the action of serotonin and recycles it in a sodium-dependent manner.

http://chestofbooks.com/health/Isabelle-A-Moser/How-and-When-to-Be-Your-Own-Doctor/Diet-and-Nutrition-The-Real-Truth-About-Salt-And-Sugar.html

The primary health problem caused by table salt is not that it contributes to high blood pressure in people with poor kidneys, though it does that. It is not that eating salt ruins the kidneys; salt probably does not do that. The real problem with salt is that sodium chloride is an adrenal stimulant, triggering the release of adrenal hormones, especially natural steroids that resist inflammation. When these hormones are at high levels in the blood, the person often feels very good, has a sense of well-being. Thus salt is a drug! And like many drugs of its type, salt is a habituating drug. However, we are so used to whipping our adrenals with salt that we don't notice it. What we do notice is that we think we like the taste of salted food and consider that food tastes flat without it. But take away a person's salt shaker and they become very uncomfortable. That's because the addict isn't getting their regular dose.

Adrenal hormones decrease brain serotonin levels.

http://www.ajcn.org/content/24/7/830.full.pdf

O.K. so we have decreased brain serotonin increases sodium appetite significantly.

Then we have serotonin uptake depends on sodium.

Then we have increase salt increases adrenal hormones which decrease brain serotonin.

Yep.

Edited by fulllotus

Hold on,

Immortal body = 8 psychic channels clear and supercharged?

I very tempted to start a poll based on this lol

Nah, as far as i remember, the dan tien and 8 psychic channels "vibrating with vitality" is basically the foundation.

So it says you can't gather the alchemical agent unless your 8 psychic channels are free of blockage and full of vitality.

I also remember, at the stage just before you have to leave society and practice in retreat, if you stopped progressing there you would be considered an "Earthly immortal" with much increased vitality and longevity.

There's some intense purification before this so i suppose that qualifies for a new body, of sorts.

Edited by Ish

Or, if you prefer a 5E take, then would salt "count" as earth or metal? Would explain it's capacity to rein in jing?. And why is potassium so difficult to buy large amounts of?

Hold on,

Immortal body = 8 psychic channels clear and supercharged?

It's kinda important for me to know a definitive yes/no answer so more people please join in

Thanks Drew.

What's this assassination by the state stuff?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_chloride this covers it as part of the lethal injection.

From another site:

The records indicate that a second dose of potassium chloride was used in the execution of SA2002, and the California warden has said that additional doses were used in two other executions, one being CA2006 and the other unknown.[16] Eyewitness reports document "sudden and extreme" convulsive movements 3-4 min into the execution of MB1999[17] and more than 30 heaving, convulsive movements of the chest and abdomen of SA2002.[18]
Edited by fulllotus

It's kinda important for me to know a definitive yes/no answer so more people please join in

NO.

Sorry you won't get your immortal body by the 3rd chapter of Taoist Yoga, keep reading!

Here's where I plug that Damo Mitchel Nei Gong book again:-)

Seriously, it's one of the clearest books on this stuff I've read in ages.

Here's where I plug that Damo Mitchel Nei Gong book again:-)

Seriously, it's one of the clearest books on this stuff I've read in ages.

Can't find it on-line for free, so I can't use it until I buy it

But I found a trailer for some reason

Trailer for a book, that's a new one :lol:

Edited by Sinfest

A trailer for a book indeed!

Anyway, as a spoiler, check out Sung breathing techniques (probably can be found online) and the schematics of "congential" vs "aquired" meridians. The book mentions that the 8 extraordinary were the first to form in the womb. Google books probably has enough pages for free.

Sign in to follow this