Audiohealing

"Your meditation is getting on my nerves"

Dont feel bad man, my little sister used to see me meditate and yell to my mother that I was praying to Satan.

Dont feel bad man, my little sister used to see me meditate and yell to my mother that I was praying to Satan.

Well, I suppose that's one way of seeing it:-) The Satan thread might have you agreeing:-)

Meditation does get me into contact with my ignorance.

I thought a bit more about this and I was going to recommend that you meditate somewhere besides your home, perhaps at the park or a quiet place in the woods. Out of sight out of mind, so to speak.

Aaron

Great advice. Also it sounds like you're living with them, so I would recommend you keep in mind that, even though you may be an adult now, you are still the child in their eyes, and as a result they expect you to respect them (as they should.) That means you do what they want and if you don't want to do what they want, you find someplace else to live. I know that sounds a bit harsh, but the fact is, once you're able to take care of yourself, your parents should be under no obligation to care for you, and any care they show for you after that time should be seen as an act of charity. As a result, if you do something they disagree with, then you should try and respect them and stop doing it. Who knows, you may be practicing Qigong incorrectly and actually causing yourself to get sick. To be honest, I've never met anyone who was emotionally grounded (read sane) that became crazy as a result of normal meditation, but I'm not a physician so I would never say it couldn't happen, only that I've never heard of it.

Anyways good luck and I hope things work out for you,

Aaron

I've felt the beginnings of myself going crazy due to meditation... well and hanging weights off my balls before i was ready. But you can pull in too much energy even if you become too good at meditation before you body is ready, your mind is ahead of your body. You get periods of balancedness but periods of very unbalancedness. You can get the same feeling with kan and li and it's not good. Maybe the father is intune with his son and it is a warning to him. You should consider all the influences around you perhaps it is god talking to you in a form. You need to listen to the outside as well as the inside.

Conflict is arising and you can't be in a balanced state if your dad is angry at you, especially if you go on the net to talk about it... he must be feeling some sort of tension to share it with everybody on here. If you were advanced enough then what anybody told you would float over your head and it would not effect you emotionally.

My suggestion is continue your practice but take it easier. Don't do so much. Listen to "god" as he says and ask him what he suggests you can do. Empty your glass and take the advice from people around you as well as listen to your own internal thoughts. When you are ready you can deepen your practice. Not that you need your dad's go ahead but when you feel you should then do it. You can't have doubts.

• Like 1

I've already read some very good advice.

I'll add a few things. Firstly, as fulllotus said, it can cause others to react strangely- sometimes negatively. This is because they feel threatened. Some even feel that you may think you are better than them because you are putting more effort towards bettering yourself and seeking God. Everyone's soul knows that spiritual attainment is all that is important. And so if a person is going against their soul's natural urge, then they will become defensive so as to further shut out that little voice which tells them you're right.

About psychosis being caused by meditation now as some have mentioned- remember that correlation does not imply causation. In other words, it may be that most people today meditate because they already have mental imbalances they are trying to deal with naturally. Without proper guidance in meditation they could easily become more imbalanced, especially if they go to the extreme and meditate too much, fatiguing their minds and causing more stress and imbalance. This can very well happen. A teacher is important for this reason. Another reason a teacher is necessary, is because there are indeed energetic releases which occur from the removal of blockages in the energy channels within the body. In the Greek mystery schools, this nasty substance which clogs the energy channels and ultimately leads to disease and sickness is called Pelon. It builds up due to an excess of negative and imbalanced thought. Thinking wrongly (ie worrying, anger, depression etc) all causes a build up of this substance in the nerve channels. I will not go into the details here, but feel free to ask questions if you are curious. During states of deeper meditation, thinking is halted, the mind and body is allowed to relax, and new fresh energy flushes the body. This energy slowly breaks away these blockages. Since this Pelon was created from wrong thought and imbalance, it is a store house for these emotions and thoughts. This is why during particularly deep meditation you may remember something from your childhood that you haven't thought about for years, or feel an emotion which you thought had come and gone. Now, if a person who was very troubled mentally and emotionally for their entire lives decides to start meditating, this opens a floodgate of negativity which can cause a lot of problems and even cause them to go crazy if not guided by a master who can limit the amount of energy which is coursing through their bodies if necessary and take on some of the negativity himself to burn it within his own body. A master can do this because the biggest problem or worry you are experiencing is like a small fruit fly landing on the master's hand. ;)

This was somewhat of a tangent, but back to your trouble- take what others say lightly but treat them with respect. Parents can be unusually difficult obstacles to the meditator, because something in them knows that the child they raised is being killed off to be replaced with a better new you. Parents will always like the old you more. It usually cannot be helped. It is why Jesus said a saint is never acknowledged as such in his own town. You may be able to get rid of old thought patterns and transform your mind, but you can't change other people's memories of you. They will remember all of the flaws and vices you had, and it will take a while for them to see that you are not the same person anymore.

Edited by Phosphor