Audiohealing

"Your meditation is getting on my nerves"

I am visiting my folks for a couple of months and I'm not exactly in the best condition health-wise right right now so my dad blames it all on my qigong and meditation.

He just walked in my room and was pissed because I was sitting in a chair meditating with my headphones on so he sits me down for a lecture and states that my meditating is getting on his nerves and that I should meditate as little as possible.

He says that without the guidance of a master I could go crazy meditating as he has allegedly seen countless people instituted into insane asylums for meditating too much! (apparently he says he has 7 years experience on this topic)

His answer to all of life's problems is to pray to God!

It got to the point that I was so pissed off I raised my voice and now I'm a "disrespectful little shit" for having done that.

I am kind of speechless right now. He's a great dad and all but at 64 years old he's so goddamn stubborn and stuck in his ways it's really impossible to relate to him or have a normal discussion without him putting down my beliefs.

Edited by Audiohealing
  • Like 1

Tell him you are doing contemplative prayer :) sitting quietly while repeating the Jesus prayer!

Peace

**edit** remember to take off the headphones lol... are you listening to bi-naural beats on them? they are not supposed to be used by people with any mental disorder, they can make it worse man for real seriously.. All the best

Edited by Edward M
  • Like 1

Hey! That stuff DOES happen, can't think of a personal example on top of my head but meditating is still not exactly safe

Also don't dis tha prayer, yo

• Like 1

Ha! I've thought of that but he would find another reason why I shouldn't be doing that.

Actually his method is a mantra (we're russian) which basically translates to "God bless me"

So he says to say that over and over and poof... all problems are gone.

Tell him you are doing contemplative prayer :) sitting quietly while repeating the Jesus prayer!

Peace

Try it, say you are repeating it silently... i would say try it out for real, but mantra is not that great for grounding, at least that is what i've found :)

**edit** i mean mantra meditation.. repeating out loud i found is good-- come to think of it one of the most powerful experiences i had was actually doing the Jesus prayer for four hours after i got nervous at something, and mind became so clear and heart opened up, was really nice!

Edited by Edward M

I'm not denying that some problems can arise from stuff like premature Kundalini awakenings and the like but common.. meditating on emptiness?

I was listening to the audio instructions for Spring Forest qigong.... no binaurals there.

Edited by Audiohealing

I am visiting my folks for a couple of months and I'm not exactly in the best condition health-wise right right now so my dad blames it all on my qigong and meditation.

He just walked in my room and was pissed because I was sitting in a chair meditating with my headphones on so he sits me down for a lecture and states that my meditating is getting on his nerves and that I should meditate as little as possible.

He says that without the guidance of a master I could go crazy meditating as he has allegedly seen countless people instituted into insane asylums for meditating too much! (apparently he says he has 7 years experience on this topic)

It got to the point that I was so pissed off I raised my voice and now I'm a "disrespectful little shit" for having done that.

I am kind of speechless right now. He's a great dad and all but at 64 years old he's so goddamn stubborn and stuck in his ways it's really impossible to relate to him or have a normal discussion without him putting down my beliefs.

Welcome to the world of interactive energy! Congratulations your meditation has reached a higher level! haha. Seriously when we meditate then our energy actually causes an exorcism of the lower emotional blockages of people around us. When I sit in full lotus I then suck in that extra lower emotional energy and transform it back into chi energy.

At least meditation is legal. I mean one reason I stopped taking the qigong classes so much besides the cost is that I didn't want my family to think I was in a cult. So then my mom told me a few months ago that I needed to get over the meditation thing. My brother-in-law said: You're still practicing that? After I mentioned the Chinese energy master. I said: Actually it practices me. haha. I took the classes intensively ten years ago and they're still waiting for me to get over it. haha.

So now I've been sitting for two hours in full lotus non-stop but sometimes the energy will cause my mom to come to my door. She just wants the extra energy. Luckily I have a lock on my door. haha. So then I talk with her for a bit so she can get some of my energy. Then she feels better.

Yeah I've relied on the full lotus as defense -- if someone gets really angry I just go into the full lotus. I mean body posture is the last thing a person has that is their personal freedom. Still if you get put in "indefinite detention" by homeland security then they don't allow any body postures that are considered martial arts. It's true!! It's like the Chinese against monks, etc. only in the U.S.

O.K. so anyway that's the evil materialist modern human civilization that is destroying the ecology and social harmony of the planet. haha. It's like the Matrix dudes coming after you. Actually you can learn to sense the energy -- when I meditate usually the thoughts that come in my head are precognitive and then ten minutes later my mom or sister will repeat the same words at me. haha.

The thing about full lotus is it can't be faked -- so it can't be blamed on some sort of psychological projection, etc. Most people can't go into full lotus. So then I'll sit in full lotus and people can't attack it because they can't do it. They can't claim it's some sort of mind problem because most people can't sit in full lotus. haha.

Edited by fulllotus
  • Like 1

I'm not denying that some problems can arise from stuff like premature Kundalini awakenings and the like but common.. meditating on emptiness?

I was listening to the audio instructions for Spring Forest qigong.... no binaurals there.

Wow Chunyi Lin goes to church every sunday and he said how when he was in church and looked up at the image of Jesus suddenly this bright light shot done and shown on him and then it moved to the lady next to him. He said that no one else in the church could notice it because most Christians really aren't spiritual. haha.

I actually mailed Chunyi Lin a copy of the Christ Conspiracy by Acharya S. http://truthbeknown.com I mean I was raised Christian and I was very religious but I am most gnostic meaning that I think Buddhism and Christianity are Solar myth religions. Even the historical Lao Tzu is hard to believe for me -- but Chunyi Lin said he was visited by Lao Tzu personally during one of Chunyi Lin's deep mountain meditations.

• Like 1

Wow -- so Lao Tzu touched Chunyi Lin's head. When you say Jesus -- do you mean you saw Jesus and then light shone upon you? Chunyi Lin said he was looking at the image of Jesus in the church and then the energy was transmitted from the icon -- a painting or maybe stain glass, etc.

Yeah I know in the show I Survived...Beyond and Back -- about near-death experiences -- a lot of people see Jesus when they die or even see Moses -- one dude said "I AM" touched his shoulder and Moses told him not to look at "I Am" since you can't look at God directly.

I'm not saying none of this is true but I think that even physical reality is a hologram as much as visions are. So after I sent Chunyi Lin the Christ Conspiracy book he then admitted in class that everything really is emptiness as energy.

haha. I mean everything is real but it's also really love energy at heart. So it can be said in the opposite sense about the most evil real thing on the planet. The Bliss-Consciousness-Energy is the three-in-one harmonic truth of reality that is a rainbow vortex of love creating and destroying the physical blockages.

So anyway maybe you want to share more about your experience of seeing Jesus. I read an academic book on the Tao Te Ching which stated Lao Tzu was not a real person and the evidence was very convincing. But Chunyi Lin says Lao Tzu touched his head when he was meditating. I've read similar evidence about Jesus. But then I am just as much as an illusion as anyone else -- when I am in deep sleep I don't know that I exist nor anyone else exists. Logically I know that I exist even in deep sleep and that I experience the greatest bliss in deep sleep. So I can infer that who I really am is not my physical body nor my mind but rather that which creates the bliss of deep sleep. Or similarly that which creates the light of dreams.

That's why Ramana Maharshi says reincarnation is not real. I mean if our past lives and future lives are not real then what about our present lives. haha.

Edited by fulllotus

Gotta' love those Christians.

Best Wishes to you.

What the Christ are you talking about? :blink:

Welcome to the world of interactive energy! Congratulations your meditation has reached a higher level! haha. Seriously when we meditate then our energy actually causes an exorcism of the lower emotional blockages of people around us. When I sit in full lotus I then suck in that extra lower emotional energy and transform it back into chi energy.

At least meditation is legal. I mean one reason I stopped taking the qigong classes so much besides the cost is that I didn't want my family to think I was in a cult. So then my mom told me a few months ago that I needed to get over the meditation thing. My brother-in-law said: You're still practicing that? After I mentioned the Chinese energy master. I said: Actually it practices me. haha. I took the classes intensively ten years ago and they're still waiting for me to get over it. haha.

So now I've been sitting for two hours in full lotus non-stop but sometimes the energy will cause my mom to come to my door. She just wants the extra energy. Luckily I have a lock on my door. haha. So then I talk with her for a bit so she can get some of my energy. Then she feels better.

Yeah I've relied on the full lotus as defense -- if someone gets really angry I just go into the full lotus. I mean body posture is the last thing a person has that is their personal freedom. Still if you get put in "indefinite detention" by homeland security then they don't allow any body postures that are considered martial arts. It's true!! It's like the Chinese against monks, etc. only in the U.S.

O.K. so anyway that's the evil materialist modern human civilization that is destroying the ecology and social harmony of the planet. haha. It's like the Matrix dudes coming after you. Actually you can learn to sense the energy -- when I meditate usually the thoughts that come in my head are precognitive and then ten minutes later my mom or sister will repeat the same words at me. haha.

The thing about full lotus is it can't be faked -- so it can't be blamed on some sort of psychological projection, etc. Most people can't go into full lotus. So then I'll sit in full lotus and people can't attack it because they can't do it. They can't claim it's some sort of mind problem because most people can't sit in full lotus. haha.

A friend of mine who's a psychiatrist at a large mental hospital in New York had one (ONE) patient in the past fifteen years who attributed her falling off the rocker to meditating too much, and thousands (THOUSANDS) of patients who are devout Christians. I can give your dad her number for verification. :)

I'll give you my rational/convoluted/personal opinion.

IMO/IME much meditation works to foster awareness of circumstances and their changing/changes. My 2cts is that if you are participating in the changes, you can no longer be relied upon by others as a marker, no longer an anchor. I think that's why meditation can freak other people out around you, because they rely on their world and the people in it to make sense of their own experience. I think if you appreciate your father you can reassure him about your choice. Still, my other 2cts is that he's also correct and that many phenomenae that could pass (or get categorised) as nutso do seem to come with meditation but they seem pretty well documented to me. Maybe that wasn't the case before but I think strides have been made in understanding "progress" and risks in meditation. I'd like to thank the TTB's for their contribution to it:-)

• Like 1

One approach might be to actually open up and listen to what your father is telling you.

Show him that you genuinely appreciate his love and concern.

Give him a hug. Try spending a little quality time together.

Then live your life as you see fit.

When he tells you what he thinks you should do, show him that you are listening and taking him seriously, thank him for sharing his wisdom. Give his words due consideration.

And continue to live your life as you see fit.

• Like 5

One approach might be to actually open up and listen to what your father is telling you.

Show him that you genuinely appreciate his love and concern.

Give him a hug. Try spending a little quality time together.

Then live your life as you see fit.

When he tells you what he thinks you should do, show him that you are listening and taking him seriously, thank him for sharing his wisdom. Give his words due consideration.

And continue to live your life as you see fit.

Great advice. Also it sounds like you're living with them, so I would recommend you keep in mind that, even though you may be an adult now, you are still the child in their eyes, and as a result they expect you to respect them (as they should.) That means you do what they want and if you don't want to do what they want, you find someplace else to live. I know that sounds a bit harsh, but the fact is, once you're able to take care of yourself, your parents should be under no obligation to care for you, and any care they show for you after that time should be seen as an act of charity. As a result, if you do something they disagree with, then you should try and respect them and stop doing it. Who knows, you may be practicing Qigong incorrectly and actually causing yourself to get sick. To be honest, I've never met anyone who was emotionally grounded (read sane) that became crazy as a result of normal meditation, but I'm not a physician so I would never say it couldn't happen, only that I've never heard of it.

Anyways good luck and I hope things work out for you,

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Ha! I've thought of that but he would find another reason why I shouldn't be doing that.

Actually his method is a mantra (we're russian) which basically translates to "God bless me"

So he says to say that over and over and poof... all problems are gone.

Tell him "Taoists say 'calm spaciousness is the house of spiritual light', so I'm calming and purifying myself so that I can allow God's healing to manifest, since I do need healing." That might help. - I dunno.

I have read that people with energy blocks should not be practicing qigong or meditation. That qigong and more powerful neigong can actually cause serious damage to the internal organs. meditation and other fire based methods stir up the energy but due to blocks or stagnant energy the flow is constricted causing more harm than good!

Bruce Frantzis is one who has written quite a bit about this subject and developed his water based methods.

imo the OP should not be practising meditation for two hours a day, it is doing more harm than good.

all the best

Isn't the whole point of practicing qigong to loosen the blockages? How does one if he does or does not have any blockages? What if a healthy individual actually has major blockages without knowing it and "severely damages his organs"?

I'm not meditating two hours a day. I don't know where you got that from.

I have read that people with energy blocks should not be practicing qigong or meditation. That qigong and more powerful neigong can actually cause serious damage to the internal organs. meditation and other fire based methods stir up the energy but due to blocks or stagnant energy the flow is constricted causing more harm than good!

Bruce Frantzis is one who has written quite a bit about this subject and developed his water based methods.

imo the OP should not be practising meditation for two hours a day, it is doing more harm than good.

all the best

I think it really depends. Stuff like forceful breathing methods can apparently injure internal organs. Blocks are constantly being created in interaction with existing personality structures. I think BK's stuff is "safer" and more easily integrated into lifestyles "in the world".

As is "Daoism" in general

-----opinion alert-----