Audiohealing

Where to find a genuine qigong master?

Hi all,

I've been diagnosed for a severe mental illness 4 years ago. I have been meditating and doing various energy work for years now will little to no results. (1-2 hours a day) It's extremely frustrating and I'm beginning to give up. It's clear I have some energy blockages that are preventing me from progressing anywhere.

Does anyone know any real qigong masters in the US or Canada (I'm willing to travel however far it takes) that I could get healing or learn from? Surely it can't be a matter of chance to find a true master in one's lifetime? I have heard great things about Chunyi Lin. Does he still provide healing sessions?

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Edited by Audiohealing

Hi all,

I've been diagnosed for a severe mental illness 4 years ago. I have been meditating and doing various energy work for years now will little to no results. (1-2 hours a day) It's extremely frustrating and I'm beginning to give up. It's clear I have some energy blockages that are preventing me from progressing anywhere.

Does anyone know any real qigong masters in the US or Canada (I'm willing to travel however far it takes) that I could get healing or learn from? Surely it can't be a matter of chance to find a true master in one's lifetime? I have heard great things about Chunyi Lin. Does he still provide healing sessions?

Michael Lomax (Ya Mu on the forum) and some of his students are obviously doing great work, also distance sessions so you could start with that. Chunyi Lin seems legit, if you can't get a personal healing from him you could try a phone healing or an in-person session with one of Spring Forest healers.

• Like 2

The problem with some psychological issues and using Qigong to try to help is that often you get secondary gain from your blockages and you may not want to let them go because you feel you need them as defences, so Qigong can just stress the system by trying to work through blockages which on one level you don't want to be released. This is what I have found from personal experience anyway, I sought out a few masters looking for them to help me but they couldn't do much because on one level I felt I needed my defences and blockages, one master said that when he was working on me he felt me energetically try to lash out and punch him to try to get him to stop.

I guess it depends on the type of problem you have, there are cases of Qigong helping with ptsd type cases and moderate anxiety and depression. The one master I have met who is a genuine healer is a guy called Yap Soon Yeung who visits Canada quite a lot and has documented success with things like shock trauma.

Hundun wrote a good topic of someone using Shaolin Wahnam Qigong to cure depression if that is your issue http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/20719-depression-kills-qigong-saves/

• Like 2

First person that comes to mind when acupuncture is mentioned, he worked in the field for 14 years you should give him a call if it's serious, maybe

Hi all,

Just call http://springforestqigong.com the number is 1-952-593-5555 schedule a phone healing with Chunyi Lin. I had one a month ago. He will tell you where your major blockages are and then the healing feels like a laser deep inside you. A love laser. haha. You can watch the testimonials on the website - people healed of extreme epilepsy, late-term cancer, a rare lung disease, M.S., depression, etc.

http://www.springforestqigong.com/testimonials.htm

The Mayo Clinic has confirmed Chunyi Lin's external qi healing is effective -- http://www.springforestqigong.com/medical_research.htm

It's $90 for a phone healing. You might have to wait a week. If you don't want to wait then just get Jim Nance or Leslie Vincent - both trained qigong masters by Chunyi Lin. I have had long distance healing from Jim Nance so I know he can do it. I'm sure Leslie Vincent can as well if Chunyi Lin has confirmed her -- she has the testimonial of the extreme epilepsy healing that took place in my home town.

all the best,

• Like 5

I'll definitely be doing that. I was also considering flying in to do the 5-day treatment.

Can you tell me about the epilepsy healing? What happened there?

Just call http://springforestqigong.com the number is 1-952-593-5555 schedule a phone healing with Chunyi Lin. I had one a month ago. He will tell you where your major blockages are and then the healing feels like a laser deep inside you. A love laser. haha. You can watch the testimonials on the website - people healed of extreme epilepsy, late-term cancer, a rare lung disease, M.S., depression, etc.

http://www.springforestqigong.com/testimonials.htm

The Mayo Clinic has confirmed Chunyi Lin's external qi healing is effective -- http://www.springforestqigong.com/medical_research.htm

It's $90 for a phone healing. You might have to wait a week. If you don't want to wait then just get Jim Nance or Leslie Vincent - both trained qigong masters by Chunyi Lin. I have had long distance healing from Jim Nance so I know he can do it. I'm sure Leslie Vincent can as well if Chunyi Lin has confirmed her -- she has the testimonial of the extreme epilepsy healing that took place in my home town.

all the best,

Hi audio healing. IMO, you would do well to pay attention to jetsun's reply, as I believe he is speaking from a lot of experience and careful observation. It no doubt depends on the exact nature of your condition, but I do know some qigong teachers/healers will not work with people or teach qigong to people with certain mental conditions, and do not claim to be able to heal such conditions as well. Be cautious of those who make pat statements about qigong teachers/masters being able to heal such problems. IMO, it is something that you would want to research a lot in regards to various practices and qigong masters, and be cautious of off-the-cuff recommendations and statements. If after doing as much research as you resonably can, you still want to meet a particular teacher or healer, I would stillr ecommend caution and meeting them in person only and getting to know them better before undergoing treatment. I would say forget the distance healing thing. There are too many unknowns there and practices of questionable validity. At least with visiting someone in person and getting to know them a bit first and discussing how their system or approach is specifically supposed to help with your specific situation, you can at least get some sort of direct feel for the person and practices first. In my experience, many cannot actually deliver on what they promise, even sometimes when they come highly recommended by some others. Best wishes to you.

• Like 3

I'll definitely be doing that. I was also considering flying in to do the 5-day treatment.

Can you tell me about the epilepsy healing? What happened there?

Hi audio healing. IMO, you would do well to pay attention to jetsun's reply, as I believe he is speaking from a lot of experience and careful observation. It no doubt depends on the exact nature of your condition, but I do know some qigong teachers/healers will not work with people or teach qigong to people with certain mental conditions, and do not claim to be able to heal such conditions as well. Be cautious of those who make pat statements about qigong teachers/masters being able to heal such problems. IMO, it is something that you would want to research a lot in regards to various practices and qigong masters, and be cautious of off-the-cuff recommendations and statements. If after doing as much research as you resonably can, you still want to meet a particular teacher or healer, I would stillr ecommend caution and meeting them in person only and getting to know them better before undergoing treatment. I would say forget the distance healing thing. There are too many unknowns there and practices of questionable validity. At least with visiting someone in person and getting to know them a bit first and discussing how their system or approach is specifically supposed to help with your specific situation, you can at least get some sort of direct feel for the person and practices first. In my experience, many cannot actually deliver on what they promise, even sometimes when they come highly recommended by some others. Best wishes to you.

Neither Lomax or Lin claim that the healings will be 100% effective or that they can work on the particular problem as desired. Still if I myself felt an urgent need for mental, emotional or physical healing I would definitely turn to either, at least as one ingredient in the healing process.. Wouldn't want to leave these stones unturned. I already have "bought" healings for my mother for example and she was quite confident that the help she received indeed made a real difference.

• Like 3

AudioHealing,

I was diagnosed with a severe mental illness 11 years ago and the first thing that really helped me was Scott Sonnon's warrior wellness program. This is because it breaks down the body's armouring and fascia/joint blockages allowing the energy to start circulating freely again.

You will feel your body again and be at home in it if you choose to practise it twice a day for half an hour or so. I think he recommends 20 repetitions per movement but i went up to 50 and did them slowly.

Next thing is to get the mental focus back and improve working memory as well as regain control over emotions.. i found seated meditation just counting each out breath until you come to ten when you would start at 1 again on the next out breath. It's basic but that is where you are at and what is needed right now. Do this after your warrior wellness session.. i suggest do warrior wellness for 2 weeks before starting this.

After 6 months to a year i suggest you use your new found physical relaxation and mental control to start standing in wuji until you are comfortable for 30 mins when you would start holding the ball. The way of energy and the way of power are excellent books for this, but best to also visit a yi quan teacher to learn properly.

Here is the updated warrior wellness called intu-flow, it's warrior wellness with some added breathing exercises which are going to amplify the effects:

art1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

Part 4 -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQZrJWeGtH8&feature=related

Part 5 -

Part 6 -

All the best with this.... go for the healing as well if you feel you have to, but this will help the healing as well if you do it before and after... please trust me on this, i know from experience the program i outlined works, and works well!!

PEace and merry christmas

Ed

• Like 2

Out of this entire forum the best they can offer is chunyun li ?

Good to have a high level practitioner on board. Just enlighten us and give us your suggestion.

Good to have a high level practitioner on board. Just enlighten us and give us your suggestion.

Like most people here I dont know any high level masters . I just thought there would be more qigong healers then chunyun li available thats all.

Regards,

Like most people here I dont know any high level masters .

Firstly if you take the time to browse the forum, you will find a few threads like this one. This is a question that regularly pops up in different ways. People may be be bored responding to the same question over and over.

Secondly, it is at least careless to make such a generalization. How can you know for sure that most people here don't know high level masters?

Thirdly, it would be interesting to know what is your criteria of a high level master.

Like most people here I dont know any high level masters . I just thought there would be more qigong healers then chunyun li available thats all.

Regards,

Have some respect. Who are you to judge anyone's level, have you ever learnt from Chunyi Lin?

Hi Audiohealing, I'm going trough the same situation you are and have been battling with my illness for eight years now. In the course I have tried zen-meditation, yoga and tai chi. None of them have been able to cure my illness. I am also a registered nurse specialized in psychiatrics so I have alot of experience on psychiatrics on both ends :P

Over the years I have come to the conclusion that the main cure for psychiatric diseases is psychotherapy. I didn't make any proggress until I started going to psychotherapy. You see all these spiritual practices are meant for a normal people to enhance himself and raise to a greater level of conciousness. But psychotherapy in the other hand was generated solely for the purpose of healing mental illnesses and it is the only method that has been proven to actually work. Studies show that psychotherapy has 70% chance of being successful, I dont think you see the same number when you look at the amount of people suffering from mental diseases doing yoga or tai chi. In my experience having a regular spiritual practice raises your general mood about as much as a good deppression-medication would and that is big, but it still doesnt remove the problem or make it go away. You need to find out why you are feeling bad, face it and do something about it. You cannot somehow magically go past it by someone healing you or you making spiritual practice.

When your talking about mental diseases the problems are so deeply rooted in your own persona and the very existence of your mind that you simply cannot solve those by energy work, that is just my 2 cents. You need to actually KNOW why you are suffering on the personal level to overcome these obstacles, it isnt enough if you generally know the reason for general suffering (like the buddhists for example) or if you enhance your energy-system generally. Unless you become enlightened that is.

Imagine this, you have just been raped and you do some energy work. I ask you now: Does the energy work remove the fact that you have just been raped or does it just enhance your energies? Or if someone has insulted you for many years and you do energy work does it make you able to forgive? You see when it comes to difficult emotions it requires you to change somehow and energy work no offense to anyone doesnt MAKE you forgive or tell you that you should, it doesnt give you the kind of insight you need to solve that problem of yours whatever it is. You need help, professional help, you need a person who you can talk to. You can make all the moves in the world as slowly as you can and have tons of phonehealing sessions, but they wont change the fact why you feel bad. You need to figure it out psychologically to solve it.

It was a good point said here, that you cant change a bad energy that you are attached to. If you never find out what it is that you are attached to and why you should let go of it how can you ever change?

• Like 2

Thanks, and you raise very important points, but like it was mentioned earlier, it doesn't hurt to try.

I disagree that spiritual practices are for "normal" people only. So, what now- I don't deserve to have a fulfilling spiritual life? Bullshit. I've had mystical experiences in my life that have led me to the spiritual path and I know in the depths of my heart that I will never stray from it no matter what.

I'm sorry that what you have tried has not worked for you. I am sorry you gave up. I am going to keep trying and doing everything I can on all fronts because I haven't got anything to lose at this point.

So many weird and unexpected shit can happen in life. There are sooo many variables in this situation that psychotherapy can't even begin to solve.

My motto is to keep an open mind and an open heart without having any expectations. What is the point of confining yourself to therapy and medication?

In many native tribes, when a person is physically or mentally sick, they visit the tribe's shaman and they get cured- plain and simple.

If I had the money I'd just go straight to Gabon and see the bwiti for an iboga treatment. It might not cure me but it would probably solve most of my problems on the get-go in addition to giving me a profound new perspective on myself I can actually work with. See- the iboga plant opens your brain up on a spiritual axis and goes from there. You are put in a position where you are face-to-face with everything you believe and the healing is from inside-out. In therapy you still end up unconsciously filtering out what is being given to you through your beliefs and conditioning whereas iboga doesn't give you that option.

But I digress- it makes me sick how people put down people with mental illnesses and label them as "inferior" as if we're somehow not worthy of pursuing these paths. Fuck that shit.

Hi Audiohealing, I'm going trough the same situation you are and have been battling with my illness for eight years now. In the course I have tried zen-meditation, yoga and tai chi. None of them have been able to cure my illness. I am also a registered nurse specialized in psychiatrics so I have alot of experience on psychiatrics on both ends :P

Over the years I have come to the conclusion that the main cure for psychiatric diseases is psychotherapy. I didn't make any proggress until I started going to psychotherapy. You see all these spiritual practices are meant for a normal people to enhance himself and raise to a greater level of conciousness. But psychotherapy in the other hand was generated solely for the purpose of healing mental illnesses and it is the only method that has been proven to actually work. Studies show that psychotherapy has 70% chance of being successful, I dont think you see the same number when you look at the amount of people suffering from mental diseases doing yoga or tai chi. In my experience having a regular spiritual practice raises your general mood about as much as a good deppression-medication would and that is big, but it still doesnt remove the problem or make it go away. You need to find out why you are feeling bad, face it and do something about it. You cannot somehow magically go past it by someone healing you or you making spiritual practice.

When your talking about mental diseases the problems are so deeply rooted in your own persona and the very existence of your mind that you simply cannot solve those by energy work, that is just my 2 cents. You need to actually KNOW why you are suffering on the personal level to overcome these obstacles, it isnt enough if you generally know the reason for general suffering (like the buddhists for example) or if you enhance your energy-system generally. Unless you become enlightened that is.

Imagine this, you have just been raped and you do some energy work. I ask you now: Does the energy work remove the fact that you have just been raped or does it just enhance your energies? Or if someone has insulted you for many years and you do energy work does it make you able to forgive? You see when it comes to difficult emotions it requires you to change somehow and energy work no offense to anyone doesnt MAKE you forgive or tell you that you should, it doesnt give you the kind of insight you need to solve that problem of yours whatever it is. You need help, professional help, you need a person who you can talk to. You can make all the moves in the world as slowly as you can and have tons of phonehealing sessions, but they wont change the fact why you feel bad. You need to figure it out psychologically to solve it.

It was a good point said here, that you cant change a bad energy that you are attached to. If you never find out what it is that you are attached to and why you should let go of it how can you ever change?

Edited by Audiohealing

SFjane did heal herself with the water method, she even wrote a book on it. may be worth the read - or you could just start B Frant's water methods and see what happens.

I agree that even if you get told "reasons" it's unlikely this changes anything.

Anyway, IMO/IME all the reasons have to do is resonate in the "right" way to work. They're also likely to be "multidimensional" and have hooks in you body/mind and through association into that thing called "the unconscious" which few people have been able to delimit as personal or collective or (likely IMO/IME) both.

Reasons are things one's mind likes to pick out of reality to explain itself. Also often about internal conceptual coherence. Doesn't mean they're real (and in fact technically they're not anymore, which is IMO/IME why they hurt, but go tell that to someone who is hurting and they may fight you for them).

----- opinion alert----

Sorry Audiohealing I must've come out wrong I didnt mean to piss you off or make you feel inferior :P

I agree you should try by all means. I myself have not stopped doing spiritual practice despite my condition and it gives me great power and I do agree with you that you should indeed do it, but also search for professional help. I believe that spiritual masters do not have the kind of experience and education needed to actually cure people from mental illnesses.

"So many weird and unexpected shit can happen in life. There are sooo many variables in this situation that psychotherapy can't even begin to solve." I dont understand how doing spiritual practice would be somehow different.

Sorry I didnt mean it like that when I said its for "normal" people :P All I'm saying is that a person suffering from a mental illness is in a completely different situation (doesnt make him inferior or take away from his value as a human being) with his mind and it is much more tricky to begin working it with spiritual practices. I'm not saying you cant have a fullfilling spiritual life ofcourse you can :P Infact the reason I'm still alive is propably due to my personal mystical experiences.

You seem to have a very negative view on psychotherapy :P

I dont think you should confine yourself into anything and that includes doing spiritual practice only :P

There has been alot of research done about spiritual practice and spychoactive plants and their effect on mental illnesses. I have also taken a fair share of psychedelic drugs in my youth and they did work as eye-openers for me just like my mystical experiences, but yet again did not take the problem away. The research done on these fields also shows a similar pattern, where there has been a positive effect but it has been vague and not clear. The problem with psychoactive plants is that while you might go trough a trip where your entire ego is stripped away from you in most cases the experience does not last. You come down from the trip and then you feel good for the next 1-2months but eventually the "realization" you had during the trip wears off and then your in square one only with a memory of what the solution could be. It is a very rare occasion that a person changes fundamentally and permanently due to a psychedelic trip. This poses a problem, because if this happens it means you need to take the substance in order to see the truth and that is not a viable option in the long run, unless you are the shaman in the jungle and it is a part of your culture.

There is also alot of research about the effects that tai chi & qi gong have on people suffering from mental illnesses and they show a greater sense of peace, less anxiety, less depression and so forth but again havent been proven to be able to cure people.

Sorry if I come out as being rude to you that is not my plan. I just feel that you have a very romantic view about spiritual practices and shamanism. On the other hand you have a very negative view on all the conventional methods.

The way I see it is that like you said you dont have many choices. Your all in. But from a statistical point of view the means you are trying to reach your goals are unrealistic. I mean sure if you happen to become the main discipline of a great spiritual master he will cure you and after a year of excessive daily training you will cure yourself. Sure if you do go to the jungle and meet the shaman he may be able to give you a substance and then guide you trough the trip and then all of your problems go away in one night. Sure you MIGHT someday have a mystical experience and be enlightened instantly and all your problems would be gone. But these things are in the realm of propably-not-going-to-happen.

The case is that you are suffering and you need to know exactly what is going to happen, how it is going to happen, when it is going to happen, how much is it going to cost and how do you make it happen. I have been asking these questions from myself for 8 years and now atlast I am in a situation where I actually know what it takes for me to feel better, how it is possible to do, where I'm gonna do it, with whom I'm gonna do it, how long its going to last and how much its going to cost. I am so sorry but if you want to be SURE about your personal liberation out of your bad feelings you need to have a clear plan. When you dont exactly know your situation and how your gonna get trough it then yes, the best plan I think is to simply try everything until you know. But I do not think that such a list should only have different spiritual practices, masters and psychoactive substances in it.

I share a very similar past with you. When the reality hit me first that I have a mental disease I was also interested in spiritual practices and psychoactive substances and thought to myself "hey, I'm gonna cure myself with these". Didn't happen. I didn't stop practicing I still practice and I like reading all the info on this forum and having all the mystical experiences so I am having a fullfilling spiritual life. I actually had an experience where I did go and meet a psychotherapist and she said to me "you cannot cure yourself by doing spiritual practices" and I was insulted, I told her to fuck off and I left. Year later I had to face the fact that all my efforts hadnt gotten me anywhere. I needed a realistic plan. The first step of my realistic plan was to go to therapy. All of my experiences have made me a very cynical person when it comes to mental problems and answers to them. I can tell you that in my case the solution was a combination of right nutrition (I have candida), psychotherapy (for my mental problems) and a right kind of a plan for treating my cronic fatique syndrome. But before I could know the solutions I had to know the diagnose and the mechanics of how they manifest in me.

Anyways. All I'm asking is that if after few years you still find yourself from the same situation and nothing has changed remember this thread and consider trying a conventional method :P

I'm a newbie when it comes to tai chi & qi gong but if you decide to open up for conventional methods or need any kind of help from a guy who has gone trough this you can PM me :)

But if you do choose to go down that road please dont just dream, do the unimaginable. Go to the jungle, find a real master. Give it all you have and you might succeed :)

• Like 2