christoff

Clearing heart fire and sexual energy

I have no problem with you recommending full lotus in every single post to people, but I do have a problem with someone making such definitive and false statements.

I haven't had nocturnal emissions for years, due to energy flow...not a posture.

I can't get into full lotus, but have experienced embryonic breathing.

There are many people who are exceptions to your rules...which means that they aren't rules at all!

So you're cool Drew, but you can only speak for your experience...which is that full lotus works for you. You can't speak for the experience of achieving things without full lotus...so don't!

Scotty are you saying you've been celibate for years? Not just nocturnal emissions but no emissions.

That's what I'm talking about. Again the only thing that has worked for me is full lotus and that's based on ten years of experience for celibacy -- the goal being no emissions, not just nocturnal emissions. Having no nocturnal emissions is easy if people are having other types of emissions. haha.

The great thing about full lotus is it can't be faked. You just sit in it. Simple. Effective. No need to dance around words. No confusion about different types of techniques, beliefs, views, etc. Just sit in full lotus. It's impersonal. It's what the real masters do.

• Like 1

Scotty are you saying you've been celibate for years? Not just nocturnal emissions but no emissions.

Nope, but I did the 100 days and other times of celibacy no problem.

I believe that sex is a good thing, and "emit" frequently...yet still practice Taoist alchemy! In my opinion, the real masters recommend anywhere from once every 3 days to once every two weeks for a person under the age of 40.

It's a "lesser path" to recommend absolute celibacy...but to each their own in what they feel is right for themselves.

We can tell when we are drained, and we have ways to recharge quickly. It's easy when you have a complete path, and don't just rely on one method.

I am satisfied with my path. You are obviously satisfied with yours. They are different. That's all good and we can agree to disagree, but lets not cross the line and mislead people with inaccurate statements...like you are currently doing! "Stay in your lane!"

Two false statements you made that I have a problem with:

1) Embryonic breathing requires full lotus...or that you can automatically effortlessly do full lotus if you can do embryonic breathing.

2) Full lotus is the only remedy for nocturnal emission.

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 2

Nope, but I did the 100 days and other times of celibacy no problem.

I believe that sex is a good thing, and "emit" frequently...yet still practice Taoist alchemy! In my opinion, the real masters recommend anywhere from once every 3 days to once every two weeks for a person under the age of 40.

It's a "lesser path" to recommend absolute celibacy...but to each their own in what they feel is right for themselves.

We can tell when we are drained, and we have ways to recharge quickly. It's easy when you have a complete path, and don't just rely on one method.

I am satisfied with my path. You are obviously satisfied with yours. They are different. That's all good and we can agree to disagree, but lets not cross the line and mislead people with inaccurate statements...like you are currently doing! "Stay in your lane!"

Two false statements you made that I have a problem with:

1) Embryonic breathing requires full lotus...or that you can automatically effortlessly do full lotus if you can do embryonic breathing.

2) Full lotus is the only remedy for nocturnal emission.

Haha. Yeah full lotus is my personal success story for celibacy. My source for training is "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" which is strictly based on celibacy and goes to the most advanced level of creating the yang spirit body. The book does not allow for any emissions of any sort or else the practice is "short-circuited" and must be started over. So that was where I first learned of embryonic breathing. I have since seen it described elsewhere incorrectly. Of course modern practitioners want to bend the rules but I go by the traditional training book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality." Thanks for clarifying Scotty. I'm just trying to see how serious people are on taobums so I don't waste my time here too much. haha.

I'm not making the claims you've stated -- I never said full lotus is the only remedy for nocturnal emission nor did I say embryonic breathing requires full lotus. Nevertheless full lotus remains the simplest most effective means of seeing if a person's energy channels are open. For me only full lotus has worked for celibacy. Of course you have a different definition of embryonic breathing than me just as you had a different definition about celibacy. So again I appreciate the clarifications.

• Like 1

Drew,

Do you associate embryonic breathing with Full Lotus on the basis of what is written in 'Opening the Dragon gate'?

Why do Taoists emphasize the need to sit cross-legged when cultivating refinement, and why is the full lotus posture considered best? Practitioners have to imitate the situation of the fetus in the mother's womb, with all the lower passages and apertures sealed shut, the luminous openings not leaking, thus facilitating the development of the "fetal breathing" or "womb breathing", as well as the clearing of this tenth great opening located in the umbilical region.

• Like 1

Drew,

Do you associate embryonic breathing with Full Lotus on the basis of what is written in 'Opening the Dragon gate'?

Thanks for the reference! Wang Liping, is, of course, not to be questioned. haha. This is the source I used -- my blog has the link to the Taoist Yoga book online http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2011/11/why-i-am-ghost-currently-and-will-stay.html which gives the details on how to practice embryonic breathing. It's why more advanced than I had seen it described in the "Embryonic Breathing" book by http://www.scribd.com/doc/70910410/Jwing-Ming-Yang-Qigong-Meditation-Embryonic-Breathing#fullscreen:on Jwing Ming Yang -- that I give the link for the online reading here. Yeah I was kind of surprised by Jwing Ming Yang's book. I mean his book is fascinating but considering "Taoist Yoga"'s description he seems to lack the personal experience of real embryonic breathing.

As for the full lotus -- it is considered the standard posture for the "Taoist Yoga" book as the diagrams demonstrate. full lotus used to be considered the standard posture for meditation. I know it is controversial in the modern meditation scene. haha. Again I don't think full lotus is necessary to do embryonic breathing. I do think that if a person can really do embryonic breathing then they should be able to sit in full lotus for two hours in ease with their body filled with electromagnetic energy. That was my experience at least and I was just beginning to build up the shen spirit energy. So yeah it makes sense that four hours of full lotus in ease as was the initial training of Wang Liping - that would be more like what is really necessary for embryonic breathing. When the body is filled with electromagnetic energy then the centers of the hands, feet and top of the head pulsate or breathe with electromagnetic energy. This means that real breathing is next to nothing -- because the body can use electromagnetic energy to convert any chemical energy needed. This also applies to water -- it's how a person in bigu can go without water for weeks as did Chunyi Lin. I went eight days on half a glass of water -- and there was some sort of electrolysis going on. It turns out that melanin is now proven to combine hydrogen and oxygen into water using electromagnetic energy from sunlight. So the third eye produces melatonin but melanin is the inverse of it -- when there is high melatonin there is low melanin. But there is also neuromelanin in high amounts in the inner ear, etc. So there is a connection going here. haha. Also black food increases the jing energy.

Anyway this thread is about celibacy with full lotus and embryonic breathing considered means to stop nocturnal emissions. The book "Taoist Yoga" has a hold chapter devoted to stopping nocturnal emissions -- so I recommend that people read that book as it has tons of details about sublimating sex energy and why it is done and what it means in terms of creating chi and shen energy, etc.

I advise people to have a real teacher if you're going to study the book Taoist Yoga. Or better yet, have a few teachers to try and fill in the gaps.

But whatever you do, don't mistake fulllotus to be an actual teacher of anything. He isn't experienced, qualified, or successful in the methods...he is just persistent and loud. He hasn't even healed himself yet.

That's not to say "dont practice full lotus or be celibate"...go ahead if you wish.

Pay attention and don't think you understand what you're reading in Taoist Yoga...the book has layers, and what fulllotus has taken from it is the very outermost layer, meant for those of the lowest consciousness. It concerns the teachings of the "lesser path" as described by Eva Wong, and is incomplete by itself...but still part of a complete path.

Read other books on the same subject...there are many. This will help your understanding of Taoist Yoga if that's going to be your main interest. You need all the help you can get with that book.

I am ducking out of here since I've said enough and only have a desire to practice my own stuff and help people, rather than argue or prove myself with various feats...like "2 hours of full lotus means you're an energy master". :rolleyes::lol:

• Like 2

I advise people to have a real teacher if you're going to study the book Taoist Yoga. Or better yet, have a few teachers to try and fill in the gaps.

But whatever you do, don't mistake fulllotus to be an actual teacher of anything. He isn't experienced, qualified, or successful in the methods...he is just persistent and loud. He hasn't even healed himself yet.

That's not to say "dont practice full lotus or be celibate"...go ahead if you wish.

Pay attention and don't think you understand what you're reading in Taoist Yoga...the book has layers, and what fulllotus has taken from it is the very outermost layer, meant for those of the lowest consciousness. It concerns the teachings of the "lesser path" as described by Eva Wong, and is incomplete by itself...but still part of a complete path.

Read other books on the same subject...there are many. This will help your understanding of Taoist Yoga if that's going to be your main interest. You need all the help you can get with that book.

I am ducking out of here since I've said enough and only have a desire to practice my own stuff and help people, rather than argue or prove myself with various feats...like "2 hours of full lotus means you're an energy master". :rolleyes::lol:

Too bad you don't want to share your knowledge with us! haha. Seriously I can't wait to hear it as I just want to learn more. So please share.

• Like 1

I always share.

Like the book Taoist Yoga, those that are capable of paying attention will come away with much more than those who are merely seeing what they think is there. Sometimes silence is best.

• Like 1

Because, I want to develop strong legs to do the chi kung, but cannot develop strong legs because of nocturnal emssion, and wanting to break this "cycle".

Dear Christoff

I hope you feel better soon.I am not an expert on any of the practices on this thread, but I might reflect the mirror back to you with your above quote, and wish it might help.

Beause some authority states blah blah ,you need not to believe it unless it downs into your heart, you know.

Beliefs confine and limit you to feed your mental parasites, you might need to open up. Don't be afraid or ashamed of any of your bodily functions, or any assumption inside or outside that is meant to scare or make you guilty especially if it is "Popular".

All matters is your intent, and all of techniqes and practices are just user interfaces to achieve whatever you want to, they all work once you have a clear mind, and do some diligent study and practice.

To cut this bs short:

I had steady emissions since my puberty to the age of 46 every single day, and I should have been finished by now . But guess what, I started running marathons at 47. So my legs were fine. I am doing standing chi kung just fine.

Reaching into my center has nothing to do with emissions in my case.

I advise you to stick to any one kind of chi kung for a period, medidate regularly and don't worry.Giving attention to worries open up the doors of sickness

This is my of course very subjective 2cs,

Cihan

Edited by cihan
  • Like 1

You know...

It might be that when you retain for longer periods of time your body is accustomed to emitting infrequently such that when you do finally emit you are probably weaker for longer periods of time or more intensely? This is because your body has not built up the resistance to say emitting twice a week or more. Your body hasn't developed the mitochondria in that area for the greater energetic capacity.

Or like ... fullotus has said before.. the more jing you accumulate the more jing you will lose when you finally do emit.

So.. perhaps many of the fears of losing jing with ejaculation or vital essence may be something to do with this. It's possible that a body could have been ejaculating infrequently and when it did there was a noticable energy loss compared to say a person who was also doing it more frequently (yet not considered excessively) and the body had already become immune to such losses everyday.

it can also be partially diet related. Omega 3s have been known to be very important for sexual functions and recovery after emissions. Omega 3s, short-medium chain fatty acids, protein, and fructose are all very important. Getting some kind of prebiotic also helps in the production of medium and short chain fatty acids along with probiotics, in the body. Then there is also health saturated fats (with medium and short chain fatty acids) in coconut oil, which help you make DHA/EPA in the liver when consumed with omega 3s. Seaweed does the same but has no fat on it's own.

Edited by Spirit of the Tiger

This is great replies, thanks everyone. I will replying in short time. Zhan Zuang is a good start, and I no longer feel so worried to emit, since opening channels is more important for in the beginning. This is great to know.

But first to clarifying, since I am jing deficient the chinese Dr, who is smart and knows about the emissions at night, said to eat more well-cooked meat, and bone marrow soups. But some people here are saying that eating meat will just increase the emissions, vegetarian is best. This is the only thing I am confused.

Should I eat the vegetarians? lol

But first to clarifying, since I am jing deficient the chinese Dr, who is smart and knows about the emissions at night, said to eat more well-cooked meat, and bone marrow soups. But some people here are saying that eating meat will just increase the emissions, vegetarian is best. This is the only thing I am confused.

Only if they ask you to :ninja::lol:

Otherwise, no, totally not :)

Yes eat meat will increase the jing but you have to make sure you are converting the jing to chi energy before you go to sleep - otherwise the jing energy will just deconvert into sex fluid at night.

This takes experience to know -- so you want to BURN the sex fluid into chi energy. So the jing feels like blissful heat. But if your weiner starts pulsating, etc. then you know that your jing energy is deconverting into sex fluids. Also you can feel the testes filling up. The thing is it's not wrong to have orgasms and climaxes but the key is to not lose the sex fluid -- it should shoot up the spine. If it gets stuck in the prostate then when you piss it will be all foamy. But also you still have to convert the sex fluid back into jing and then purify the jing into chi energy.

So the chi energy is electromagnetic. The jing is blissful heat. When the chi gets deconverted back into sex fluid it feels like an energy knot around the prostate and you just learn this from experience. Also the more you build up the energy then the more difficult it is to keep storing it up because the chi is stored in the lower tan tien so it also can be easily deconverted back to sex fluids.

So that's why I rely on the full lotus since this is very effective to burn the sex fluid back into chi energy. So I am sitting in it right now. You will have to adjust based on your age, how much exercise you do, what the emotional energy is around you -- your food -- these are all variables to constantly be regulated.

• Like 1

That's good advice for guys Drew. But what should us women do to avoid, whatever is a good thing to avoid?

----personal issue with qi-gong practice instructions not for women alert ------

Thanks for explaining the rule steam. Do you think it also important to clarify, the difference between excess yin or yang, and heat. Maybe it is just my words, I shouldn't saying excess, because I am just interested in clearing heat and nourishing deficient yin.

Good soup advice, thanks. Also, bone marrow soup you have to boil bone marrow in a pressure cooker with balsamic vinegar so the acid is breaking down the bone matrix. Congee, and goji berries I am recommended too for Kidney Yin.

Could you kindly explaining why you saying massage doesn't work for this? And do you having personal experience with testicle breathing on earthing, and what is the difference between testicle breathing with no earthing? Also what about barefoot on the bricks (which are sitting on dirt), is this effective?

Thanks

Hi Christoff,

I have too (or had) nocturnal emissions, and by trial-error I found what I told you. The problem with the nocturnal emissions is that we have too much Yang energy in the Kidney-testicles-prostate. Actually if I eat chocolate in the evening or too much during the day I know for sure I will have an erotic dream with ejaculation during the night. According to Chinese medicine chocolate is black so it has the same energy as the kidney. I found out on myself that is too Yang for me so I avoid it. On the other hand I observed that Chinese food especially tofu is very good for me so I learned to prepare myself Chinese food. The main ingredient is tofu and beans because they are Yin. Yin cools down. I do myself bone soups, I buy chicken or pig bones, boil them and use the broil. Chicken is Yang and is used when you have a Yin disease like a cold or flu, pig is Yin and is good for kidney. Beef is Yang too, I personally eat beef only in winter by making beef stew. Beef is good for joints and muscles, also a good stew is oxtail stew. Oxtail is good because it has meat and bones and marrow too.

Pork liver and goji berries (wolfberries) is a traditional soup receipt for liver and eyes problems. Goji berries are good also for spermcount.

The problem of nocturnal emissions is also related to the liver and gall bladder. If you have too much Yang energy in the kidney the excess energy will go to the liver which will trigger the dream and the emission. So this is why all the Chinese food is white and green and cools down kidney and liver. Tofu is white and belongs to metal, the Yang energy "melts" the metal (you can see tofu as snow or ice) and generates cool water which nourishes the kidney and liver.

Anything seafood also is good but be careful, oysters and oyster sauce are Yang, clams and shrimp and scallops are Yin.

I agree with Drew that full lotus is the best exercise that makes the alchemical transformations and circulates the energy in the whole body, but believe me (better not, experiment yourself and tell me what are the results), do full lotus meditation when you eat chocolate or mac donalds or whatever you like and do full lotus after you had a traditionally prepared Chinese meal.

I agree with everything Drew says but how I see this conversion from sex fluid into energy into spirit for me is like the Aladdin lamp. If you put oil in the lamp, the oil will burn and make light. If the flame is too strong, the lamp explodes. You just have to keep the control of the reaction by being careful what you eat and how much "oil" you have and how big the "flame". Excess yin is when you have so much oil but you have no fire to burn. Then you need to increase the fire to burn the excess oil. Excess yang is when you have too much fire and you finished all the oil. In that case you need a refueling.

Chinese cooking is very clever, usually the recipes are balanced Yin-Yang, there are substances that nourish the Yin kidney and liver and other substances that provides metabolic fire for heart-small intestine, spleen-stomach. This is how you have both, oil and flame in the same time. But western cooking provides mostly Yang substances while the Yin is exhausted from an early age.

Zhan Zhuang is just a tool, is good to cool down the Hui Yin cavity (prostate area) but only if you do it on earth, grass, wherever you have contact with the static electricity of the earth. Static electricity is yin, it will nourish with cool energy the Bubbling Spring cavity (Youngquan or Kidney 1 point).

Breathing is very important how you do it, usually if you breath with a certain intention you only heat up the area where is your intention. In alchemical texts breathing is used like the bellows to make the wind to increase the fire. In your case you shouldn't do that, just let the breathing normal, forget about breathing. That's why it is called embryonic breathing, because it is unconscious, like breathing of a sleeping baby. The breathing should be done through all the skin pores, let the body take or give energy to the universe how it feels good for it.

I have experience with all massages techniques, pressure points, feet massage, thai massage. Massage is good to move the blood, dissolve blockages, mainly on the back massage increase the energy circulation (urinary bladder meridians are on the back) it can do good, remove the excess heat from sex but at the end of the day you still have the excess Yang energy in your body so you need to shoot it out. Drew is an exceptional case he can shoot energy through pineal gland but the vast majority in which I am included we're shooting the energy through the natural way which is a leakage, a protection mechanism for overheating.

The Yang energy is more intense when full moon. Normally we should meditate all the time and sublimate the sexual energy everyday, but when is full moon the energy is stronger due to the reflected energy from the sun and also from the gravitational pulling. So when full moon energy rises up much more easily, so this is the time when we should increase the Yin gathering, or at least before this time.

The meditation in full lotus should be done at midnight at the tzu hour, because then is the time when kidney black energy rises, and this is the energy that needs to be sublimated, otherwise it will go to liver and will create dreams and visions.

• Like 1

This meditation is good for charging the yin meridians with yin energy and balancing yin and yang:

This meditation is good for charging the yin meridians with yin energy and balancing yin and yang:

good, but you really need to have some fundamentals practiced first, embryonic breathing, lower dantien breathing, laogung & yongquan breathing. its not that far off from the vitality circulation in taoist yoga.

• Like 1

some books I read, I get something new and different out of them every read ;)

• Like 1