Jetsun

Closing off your energy

After reading what Fulllotus wrote about perv attacks and how people are always trying to suck your energy I was wondering how you would defend against such subtle attacks? I imagine crossing your arms will help seal your energy off but what else can you do. Someone said something about connecting your index finger and thumb together seals your energy?

Seeing as it's Christmas I anticipate I will be facing some situations where I would want to be protected and not open as all the unconscious family status patterns come back into play, I'd like to find a way not to be dragged back into all those patterns like I usually am.

• Like 1

hmm, yeah, help a sister out?

Although I basically intend to suck it up and just let them suck it all off. Would really be tempted to go hide in a cave for the next week, but I have kids so I feel like they should have the full holiday experience complete with extended family, so I'll take one for the team. Also, planning a few nice peaceful days off next week, time to rest, exercise, get outside, do practices, can always make more energy.

It sounds like a incomplete teaching to me with the perv attacks.

Ya Mu teaches a simple method, but I'm not sure whether it also works for non stillness-movement practitioners since my impression is that it works with INTENT, not intention.

The method I have used and was taught from my sifu was sitting with the right hand on the tan tien and the left covering it.

Now I always close my qigong/bagua sessions doing this standing. Focus on the LDT, slow deep breaths and use intent to bring it down, at first i was having trouble, but the simple fact was that I needed to slow down even more and let go more, if that makes sense:glare: . My friend likes to do this is a straight back chair and use intent to guide the energy down to the LDT.

Crossing your arms is a defensive movement - being defensive.

Crossing arms is asking to be attacked.

I would suggest you mentally create a shield around you - a ball - bubble of

white protective light. Feel it coming from your center ever expanding outwards.

It's impenetrable. It's your aura. You will feel expansive. You will attract but no one will get through.

After reading what Fulllotus wrote about perv attacks and how people are always trying to suck your energy I was wondering how you would defend against such subtle attacks? I imagine crossing your arms will help seal your energy off but what else can you do. Someone said something about connecting your index finger and thumb together seals your energy?

Seeing as it's Christmas I anticipate I will be facing some situations where I would want to be protected and not open as all the unconscious family status patterns come back into play, I'd like to find a way not to be dragged back into all those patterns like I usually am.

Increase the frequency of your energy vibration. The faster it is, the less prone you will be to such drains. My teacher uses the analogy of radios. We normally operate on a standard frequency which everyone else can access, more or less. By raising the frequency we simply put ourselves out of their reach.

I felt the difference while doing push hands with my teacher. As he raised his frequency, it became harder and harder to even sense where he was, despite the physical contact. So, the exercise was to alter my own frequency to try and match his...

• Like 1

There is a seal, I forget what the name is, but you put your left palm under the UDT the right palm on top of the LDT and the left leg bent so the the left foot rests under the right knee, and right leg stays straight.

I think it is like 5-point dragon or something . .

Edited by Informer

:blink: what the heck. I'm open to this sort of stuff but why is there a need to do this? I thought about it for some time, it seems logical to protect something that's your but ego comes into this. IMO if you have reached that stage in your spiritual practice shouldn't you already be vibrating higher? I don't think a sage or mystic would even think about such things. By asking for ways to protect yourself aren't you just reinstating the fact that you are being attacked? It's almost as if you guys are setting yourself up for this, like you want to know that you have a higher energy than others and it needs to be protected. What happened to just being?

^^^^^^^

IMO JUST SO YA KNOW XD

:blink: what the heck. I'm open to this sort of stuff but why is there a need to do this? I thought about it for some time, it seems logical to protect something that's your but ego comes into this. IMO if you have reached that stage in your spiritual practice shouldn't you already be vibrating higher? I don't think a sage or mystic would even think about such things. By asking for ways to protect yourself aren't you just reinstating the fact that you are being attacked? It's almost as if you guys are setting yourself up for this, like you want to know that you have a higher energy than others and it needs to be protected. What happened to just being?

^^^^^^^

IMO JUST SO YA KNOW XD

Yeah, sorta why people don't talk about it so much as the topic seems taboo depending upon perspective.

^^^^^^^

IMO JUST SO YA KNOW XD

:)

AFAICT, you would vibrate higher so you are ignored. ie, psychically/energetically you are invisible to those who aren't at your frequency. If they don't notice you, you are left alone. Kind of like how Lao Tzu was...like many high level masters are...mistaken for fools, beggars, etc -- indeed it's hard to become a nobody.

^^^^^^^

IMO JUST SO YA KNOW XD

Well it depends on where you are at, most of us aren't sages or mystics and generally I tend to think those people on this site who think they are are full of it (not meaning you personally). I do sort of agree with you that by trying to protect yourself you are reinstating you are being attacked so it may just make you weaker, but then what do you do if you feel you are being attacked or pulled back into patterns you want to get out of? Perhaps this isn't a problem for everyone but I suspect it may be for a quite a few people.

Well it depends on where you are at, most of us aren't sages or mystics and generally I tend to think those people on this site who think they are are full of it (not meaning you personally). I do sort of agree with you that by trying to protect yourself you are reinstating you are being attacked so it may just make you weaker, but then what do you do if you feel you are being attacked or pulled back into patterns you want to get out of? Perhaps this isn't a problem for everyone but I suspect it may be for a quite a few people.

Then again the question arises that asks how much of what you think another thinks is what they think? Is this even a worthwhile practice?

Then again the question arises that asks how much of what you think another thinks is what they think? Is this even a worthwhile practice?

You can question your own reasoning and thinking, but you have to work with what information you have and your own feelings about an issue otherwise how else do you live your life?

I think putting all other fingers over the thumb works fairly well. But it's also using up your personal energy to do this mudra, or any other mudra. I don't notice any difference whatsoever with thumb to index.

If you visualize the color orange it can help raise your spirits and draw you within.

Smiling helps.

Meditating on the breath in the time that you're not around other people is good to establish the internal calm.

Energy leaking is always due to YOU...your state of mind. It's not because of anyone else...it's because your spirit is engaging in the world and using your life force to do it.

So build a supply of life force in the lower dantien, center yourself, and there's no problem. You can hang out with all the vampires and actually enjoy yourself...phew!

There's some interesting/helpful clips on YT. Search 'Empath Protection' .

Personally, if i feel an 'attack' coming, mentally i just go into 'giving' mode... transfer whatever accumulated merit to the attacker that he or she will swiftly be released from whatever is binding him/her, or i will breathe in whatever negativities being released, and breathe out healing light that intends for the oppressed to be free of all fear, anguish and ignorance. Tonglen, imo, is the most powerful practice for overcoming this predicament of yours.

The more good you are willing to exchange by taking in other's negative energies, the more merit you will accrue. In the process, one becomes fearlessly open... nothing will want to harm you then.

My opinion is that what is considered perv attacks and sucking up energy is just:life. No need to be scared .

Take up these kind of situations as a perfect opportunity to be clear and connected , very sharp about thoughts, actions , feelings.

Working, working, working through everything , every little piece of life, making it full of this connectednes constantly. This is real home.

Dont stop. At work , in toilet , sleeping, eating ,resting, making love..

Being so full of interconnectedness , there will not be any space for anything else.

If forgetfullnes occurs, nevermind , start again.

I always think :'Sun ,just mind your own buisness'. If something I dislike becomes my buisness, that is fine too . Keeping in mind most harmonious solution. Otherwise I will be comparing, associating and my mind will be all over the place.

Getting connected with Universal ,instead of protecting personal energy/self works for me so far much better. By this I mean just dealing with whatever happens step by step, handeling it so carfeully as if walking on the rope.

I would say that an 'alive /vibrant' form of tolerance and patience are so incredible important. They dont sound like some cool stuff to cultivate , maybe even boring. However they do make life easier and more transparent.

There's some interesting/helpful clips on YT. Search 'Empath Protection' .

Personally, if i feel an 'attack' coming, mentally i just go into 'giving' mode... transfer whatever accumulated merit to the attacker that he or she will swiftly be released from whatever is binding him/her, or i will breathe in whatever negativities being released, and breathe out healing light that intends for the oppressed to be free of all fear, anguish and ignorance. Tonglen, imo, is the most powerful practice for overcoming this predicament of yours.

The more good you are willing to exchange by taking in other's negative energies, the more merit you will accrue. In the process, one becomes fearlessly open... nothing will want to harm you then.

I have been looking at some of the empath protection videos they have some interesting information, one of them says that the basic hand gesture is putting your thumbs and index fingers together like a star, a bit like the Jay Z diamond

jay-z_the_roc.jpg

Apparently you see business people like Donald Trump do it all the time when they are in meetings and want to collect themselves. They also recommend keeping your feet flat on the floor and some say cross your ankles too.

Ideally I would like to be able to take the Tonglen route but i'm not sure it is always the best option at all times for me at the moment. When I was having a rough time in my personal life I went to see a Buddhist who was also a psychologist for advice and guidance and I expected him to tell me to do some opening heart meditations to connect with others and practice Tonglen, but he said to me "the first thing we are going to do is to get your barriers and defences up" which surprised me and it is something i'm still working on to be honest.

O.K. basically anything material is limited in space and there will be competition for resources -- whether if someone doesn't want to hear your sound or whatever. haha. The perv attack is when someone is converting your chi back into sex fluids. Now as the "Valley of the Spirit" video points out -- posted as a recent thread -- females are yang internally which means they naturally sublimate their energy. Males though trying to make chi energy have to sublimate to not have external ejaculation. But also even if you can make the sex fluid go up the spine it still has to be purified into chi energy and this means also emptying out the sex thoughts.

So that's why it's taboo to talk about this -- as "Taoist Yoga" states the book (alchemy and immortality) -- the practice is based on that which is most shameful. haha. I call this "secret secretions." As in "secreted" also means hidden -- something is "secreted" here. haha.

O.K. so yeah Chunyi Lin says to put the index finger connected to the thumb. The crossing the arms is to HIDE that you are doing this. haha. I know in body language crossing arms means being defensive and closing yourself off. I agree that the index finger to thumb doesn't really do it -- it definitely helps. Chunyi Lin also recommends it for when outside to keep warm as the mudra holds your energy in your body.

O.K. the whole thing is reverse breathing -- the diaphragm is the strongest muscle in the body so flexing it down forces the sex fluid up. this is something I am still working on. What is easier for me is to just go into full lotus and then the pressure on the legs sublimates the sex fluid. But then I can't be in full lotus all the time. Literally I have secretly sat in full lotus at the table when eating with the family. haha. I have relied on the full lotus when in dangerous situations with closeted thug pervs in gangs wanting to suck off my energy and if they don't get my sex fluids then they're going to attack me.

So how do I do it? Well I just transmit chi energy into them -- so the chi energy is the OPPOSITE of a perv attack. the perv is fixated on the male external ejaculation. It's true there are female pervs who think they also need male sex fluid to get their energy -- so they also have their essence - the electromagnetic spirit - stuck in their lower chakra.

Fortunately most people are number twos, as per Gurdjieff's system which is derived from Mahayana Buddhism. So Number 1 is the full on perv sex ejaculation addict. I have a brother-in-law like this because at age 14 he joined the military in central america and was made a sex slave -- so now he can't really do anything productive because all other addictions are based on this original sex ejaculation addiction.

I also call this the "bouncing leg epidemic" - -I've seen it in the downtown public library where practically every male is frantically bouncing their leg while at their computer -- with the intention of sucking off the sex energy around them to increase their sex fluids. Why? Because modern MTV culture is all based on the male ejaculation -- the more the better. Yep it's crude. I've also had female pervs literally sit down in the library, cross their legs, stare at me and then pump away to suck me off. What do I do? Just go into full lotus and they can suck away. haha.

O.K. seriously though I am no longer "flexing my pineal gland" to transmit chi energy which is what I would normally do with females because then it just sublimates their energy through their internal climax. they don't need to make me have an external ejaculation. With the male perv I also would transmit the chi energy into him while I was in full lotus. This is more tricky since again the male perv is fixated on the male external ejaculation which as Professor Robert Sapolsky documents is a trigger to the sympathetic stress nervous system. So the female internal climax is the parasympathetic vagus nerve relaxation system but as soon as the male ejaculates it is the stress sympathetic system.

O.K. so when in full lotus against the perv it's a spirtual battle -- me turning me sex fluids back into chi and the perv bouncing his leg frantically attempt to turn my chi into sex fluids. O.K. but since I am in full lotus then there's no way the perv can suck me off. But if I can transmit the chi energy into him then he will deconvert it back into sex fluids inside himself. The result - he has to go beat off because he now has a full load of sex fluid and he can't control himself. haha. I've seen it happen twice right in front of me - the perv went out of control and literally had to go into the bathroom to finish himself off.

O.K. so then I spent a few years wondering if I could convert a perv -- if I stayed in full lotus transmitting energy into the perv all the time would this then finally sublimate his energy? Nope. As Gurdjieff states the number one person is hard-wired due to a pre-puberty sex trauma. So it would take someone with a fully opened third eye to get the job done. Sometimes there are pervs pretending to be spiritual teachers -- why? What better place to lurk for sex energy then where people are storing and sublimating their energy.

About the "higher frequency" deal -- yes it is true that chi energy will confuse a perv. Jing energy will attract pervs like flies to rotting meat. haha. So if I have a "full load" of jing energy then the pervs will literally stalk me. If I can convert it into chi then I have a chance. For the perv to deconvert the chi energy it is two steps removed -- from chi to jing and then from jing to sex fluids. So yes this does cause some confusion. At first the perv doesn't realize you have a full load of sex energy because it is electromagnetic energy. But then they realize they are getting charged up -- that you have something that they want -- they don't really know what it is but they know it is charging them up. haha.

So then you have to be on the look out for sneak attacks. For example my perv brother-in-law loves to come up on me when I am at the table after I have eaten. Because after my meal starts to digest then my jing energy is increasing and it automatically starts turning into chi energy from my pineal gland sublimating the jing energy. haha. So I am sitting at the table and my brother-in-law leaves the table, pretends to do something else. I am with my family, my defenses are down, etc. Then he comes up to me when I am at my chair and he puts his arm around my shoulder and puts his head against mine and he gives me this long creepy hug for a couple minutes. The whole time he does this the chi energy just flows right into him. Afterwards I have no chi energy in me. haha.

The thing is people need chi energy. Yes there are parasites out there. It's like ecology. I am more of a scavenger. I think energy practitioners are scavengers -- or "bums" -- I mean there's a lot of wasted extra energy out there. So the thing about pervs is that they do have "extra" energy that can also be taken in. I have gone ten days fasting just sitting in full lotus and living off the extra repressed lower emotional energy of my family! haha. The whole time though I was converting that energy into chi energy and transmitting it back to them.

So now Chunyi Lin says to store up the energy and to not transmit the chi energy back to them -- he says that it's fine that I transmit energy by flexing my pineal gland and giving females bliss but that if I don't store up the chi then the energy transmission will always be weak. I know this is true because when I did my intensive training then my chi energy was very strong - so strong that it freaked people out and me out too. haha. Chunyi Lin also says "a healer in every family and a world without pain." Also Chunyi Lin says the more we heal others the more we heal ourselves.

So anyway I agree that when we meditate and store the chi energy then we create a buffer of electromagnetic protection around us. The pervs will try to break through -- or any other lower emotional blockages like anger, worry, fear, sadness. But the chi energy will transform these lower emotional blockages. The chi is stronger. The love energy creates the chi energy -- the heart energy. So if we just meditate again then we can build up the love electromagnetic bliss energy. Since it's the Solstice this energy is extra strong right now in this special time of the sun and earth.

Right now when I woke up today I was surprised at how my heart had pressure on it and strong electromagnetic energy was pulling my spine up and the pressure and bliss in the brain is extra strong -- electromagnetic bliss. So it does create a force field that absorbs and transforms energy around it. This is our true self. As Chunyi Lin says we may not feel the love energy but it is always there for everyone to access. The love energy of the heart is infinite -- it's what Gurdjieff calls the LARGE ACCUMULATOR -- so when we really open the heart open then we can easily recharge our energy and as Chunyi Lin says he can just keep healing people and then recharge his energy.

Thanks for mentioning this topic that I brought up. To quote Gurdjieff:

"Small accumulators suffice for the ordinary, everyday work of life. But for work on oneself, for inner growth, and for the efforts which are required of a man who enters the way, the energy from these small accumulators is not enough.

We must learn how to draw energy straight from the large accumulator.

This however is possible only with the help of the emotional center. It is essential that this be understood. The connection with the large accumulator can be effected only through the emotional center. The instinctive, moving, and intellectual centers, by themselves, can feed only on the small accumulators.

This is precisely what people do not understand. Therefore their aim must be the development of the activity of the emotional center. The emotional center is an apparatus much more subtle than the intellectual center, particularly if we take into consideration the fact that in the whole of the intellectual center the only part that works is the formatory apparatus and that many things are quite inaccessible to the intellectual center. If anyone desires to know and to understand more than he actually knows and understands, he must remember that this new knowledge and this new understanding will come through the emotional center and not through the intellectual center."

This movie is a fun approach to the topic -- Taoist magic comedy

http://t.co/68avPWt1

Edited by fulllotus

I've found that letting it all pass through without resistance takes the edge off. But it relies on mindfulness of when you get "triggered" and realising then and there what the reason is. Remembering it's not a real reason. So when I get stabbed by people in a direct attack, I have to not take it personally. Unless it's something important that I'm doing to them by being an idiot or something. I think "consciousness raising" means I don't feel the emotions of other people as much as I used to. I feel a bit cold sometimes due to this and I don't seem to engage the way I used to. But at the same time, I'm not being dragged all over the place by it.

I dunno. I'm reading Damo Mitchell's Nei Gong and it talks a bit about this stuff. I suppose the more chi you have the better your defences are? Or do you need to be careful with that too?

I suppose if you realise you're never not apart from the source of energy it means you don't need to store anything?

I've found that letting it all pass through without resistance takes the edge off. But it relies on mindfulness of when you get "triggered" and realising then and there what the reason is. Remembering it's not a real reason. So when I get stabbed by people in a direct attack, I have to not take it personally. Unless it's something important that I'm doing to them by being an idiot or something. I think "consciousness raising" means I don't feel the emotions of other people as much as I used to. I feel a bit cold sometimes due to this and I don't seem to engage the way I used to. But at the same time, I'm not being dragged all over the place by it.

I dunno. I'm reading Damo Mitchell's Nei Gong and it talks a bit about this stuff. I suppose the more chi you have the better your defences are? Or do you need to be careful with that too?

I suppose if you realise you're never not apart from the source of energy it means you don't need to store anything?

Even on TTB I find it better to sit in full lotus at the computer. People project their lower emotional energy through the computer. then in full lotus this is transformed into the internal climax which then opens up the heart chakra to create the qi and shen energy. So if someone is angry actually that is repressed sex energy that turns into love as the internal climax. Same for any of the other lower emotions. When the perv does not get their male external ejaculation then they get super angry. But if we give them the chi energy then they can turn that back into their external ejaculation. They don't need to bring us down to their level. The chi energy even not in full lotus is like a buffer because it still has to be deconverted -- so you can feel this deconversion process and then take the necessary defensive actions or judge how bad the deconversion is happening. The full lotus creates the necessary will power when a perv attack is happening but it will also repair the damage afterwards.

I now I am supposed to store up my chi energy but the energy is impersonal and flows where it is needed. I know I am supposed to control the energy to guide it. But if the energy is not built up that strong then it is not so powerful to be too dangerous. haha. I have been at the level where the energy was dangerous but I didn't stay there long because everyone was freaking out too much, including me. haha.

Just by focusing out mind then we sublimate the energy. So typing and thinking intensively is a type of sublimation. Chanting Om Mani Padme Hum internally in the mind is a great way to sublimate the energy also. Then the electromagnetic force in the brain shuts off the thoughts. Then we can relax and it will bring the energy back down to store in the lower tan tien. haha.

http://yang-sheng.com/?p=4231 Here's a review of Damo Mitchell's Nei gong book. I hadn't even heard of "sung" before as sinking the chi. haha. Then Bruce Frantzis writes about it. I always have the electromagnetic sensation in the middle of my brain. This didn't used to be the case when I was building the chi up during my intensive training ten years ago -- then it was filling my whole body. haha. But it wasn't in the center of my brain as much.

O.K. here's the Sung Breathing from his other book -- very cool information!!

http://books.google.com/books?id=XgWxD46GWhoC&pg=PA93&lpg=PA93&dq=Sung+breathing,&source=bl&ots=r77XNurQvz&sig=JyMnlyqh7mWPwcRyeVZKmAhQ16U&hl=en&sa=X&ei=at70Tv6HM47vggeuwdSRAg&ved=0CFAQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=Sung%20breathing%2C&f=false

Yeah I had always thought of the exhalation as bringing the energy down from the top of the head and I always wondered how this worked because I could never really feel it. It totally makes sense that the exhalation is after you condense the qi during the inhalation in the lower tan tien by flexing the diaphragm.

In fact I'm going to rely on this diaphgram flexing more now then sitting in full lotus -- at least on the fly I mean -- it's a lot less conspicuous. haha.

So the inhalation is what brings the qi down to the lower tan tien according to Damo Mitchell - that makes sense to me. The exhalation will bring it down to the feet providing you get those leg channels open. Then more Earth yin energy can be taken in.

Hmmmmm.

Edited by fulllotus