Sign in to follow this  
Edward M

Daoist book reading

I have ordered Ms Wei's book which looks interesting. It only had a limited distribution and so was difficult to find. Her martial art forms on the video certailny look impressive. Can't find any reviews for her work on Taobums so I may well review the book when I have read it.

Keep well Ed.

Chang

Hey Chang,

Did you order from here?: http://skydragoninstitute.webs.com/books.htm

I also have the book, Only got 60% through it due to being busy.. the publisher asked me to write a review which i haven't got around too.. must finish book before christmas and do a review... would be good to have two takes on Lindsey's book :)

Mr Publisher, if you read this, sorry for taking so long!!!

Take care,

Ed

Hi All,

I have read Lindsey Wei's book and suggest that everyone who is interested in the real world practice of Taoism as it is, now, in China, should get a copy.

It is a very (brutally, in places) honest account of her experiences in China and in the States. It is an open-hearted expression of her journey and how it has affected and challenged her emotionally, intellectually and physically.

It is a personal book, and she shares the difficulties and insights experienced along the way while trying to integrate the human experience and the call to the spiritual life.

I found the expression of Taoism described to be both as stark as stone and as warm as sunlight. Although much of what Lindsey writes about is not directly relevant to the shape of my own life there is much to ponder and I'm very glad to have this book on my shelf for repeat dipping!

As Edward mentioned, this book is very much available and can be ordered from the publisher here: http://skydragoninstitute.webs.com/books.htm

Cheers

Rob

Sign in to follow this