Sign in to follow this  
eternalnoob

im tired of accepting christians

i dont accept them anymore

anything in that tradition, its all stupid (that tradition being judaism christianity islam, the ones causing wars in the world right now)

i dont have respect for it anymore

they may do a few good things

but mostly its very wrong... even in the bible

so much wrong

stop going to totally natural places with totally innocent and preparing them to be desecrated have roads paved through and become part of the system, and destroying nature... how evil is that? and they say we are evil? get the fuck out of the place we do our rituals and maybe itll seem less evil because someone practicing something ahs impure as that trying to meld into a magical ritual with intent against it of course is going to cause it to be crappier.. stop doing missionary stuff, thats actually extremely harmful

Edited by eternalnoob
  • Like 2

really im just tired of being followed by secret organizations and i think it also has to do with all of this..

and also the fighting

i just dont think the books are really all that good, i mean theres some good stuff.. about 2 percent is relevant

and thats being generous

because even that 2 percent isnt original to those faiths specifically

then theres the stuff which is not good which undoes the stuff which is good in my opinion

idunno why people defend it

just because it says some stuff many others have said in many other contexts before and after that point

it mentions it briefly along with a bunch about sacrificing cows seperating black and white, supporting slavery, war for basically no reason, and treating women unequally

it seems anyone who really agreed with the good things in it, upon reading the rest of it would stay away from christianity...

• Like 2

You just haven't met the right christians.

One branch of Christianity that is called Esoteric Christianity is very similar to a taoist/buddhist perspective. They believe that Christianity was corrupted, and used to be more like an eastern philosophy.

• Like 1

OK, fuck the Christians but I like Jesus! Yes the Bible was written for a different age even the new testament is now out of sinc. I figure this is what is meant by the turning of the wheel of dharma in Buddhism.

-----Moderator's note------

This is the TAOIST Discussion forum created specifically for the discussion of Taoist subjects. We have a broader-defined General Discussion forum area, where any of the 2.18 billion Christians currently populating the world and everybody who does not like what they are doing are welcome to express themselves. Taoists are in the tiniest minority in comparison (about 20 million, i.e. only 1.09% of the Christian population of the world), so being taken over by Christian discussions in the small niche we have carved for ourselves at this site is both unnecessary, unwelcome, and moderation-inviting. Please limit the use of this section of TTB to what belongs.

• Like 7

Taomeow,

Can this thread be moved to the "General Discussions" sub-forum? You are absolutely correct - it does not belong here in the Taoist Discussions sub-forum.

One advice: go to see some muslims, you'll LOVE christians after that!

Seriously, please do not confuse the religious ideology with the people. There are lots of wrong in christianity (and Islam too, by the way), but it does not always mean these people are bad.

• Like 2

noob you seem too intelligent to come to this kind of generalization. being raised in the bible belt has biased me, yes, but not the bias you might think. i have had christianity put in front of me my whole life, hence, it used to bother me. don't let anyone get to you like that, especially a whole group, lol. how can u live fully and have your heart open with this stereotype of christians? sure, i have seen my share of of what i would call highly overbearing human like beings, but i have never rejected them as a group as a result of the behavior of the few(even though many, still a small number when relative to the whole) i have came in contact with.

i won't defend or throw dirt at christians, just wanted to say that such a rash generalization as "i don't accept christians" is just not healthy for you, IMO.

that is just my half cent though

no;)

Edited by jaysahnztao
  • Like 3

I don't accept Christian philosophy as being true and above reproach, but I do accept the right of others to follow that path if they choose too, so long as it does not interfere with my own path. I think that's the important distinction to be made. For instance if Sunnis and Shiites want to kill each other, and both feel they are doing what's right, who am I to tell them to stop? If I step in the middle and say, "you guys are wrong, stop doing this." Most likely what will happen is that they will ignore me, but then again they could just kill me and keep doing it anyways.

I mentioned this elsewhere and I think it comes into play in regards to this topic as well, a perfect country is like a small village that is so close to another village that they can hear the roosters crow, but neither village is concerned with what's going on in the other village. Because they worry about their own lives and not the lives of others they are able to live in peace. In the same way, so long as someone is not coming into your home trying to convert you by force, what good is it to worry about what they are doing? Let them live in peace and more often than not they wont worry about you.

I know you'll say, "what about the missionaries", but lets be honest, how many missionaries have stuck around to talk to you after you've said, "i'm not interested!" In the end it often takes stepping out of ourselves and not allowing these things to personally offend us, in order for us to find a place of harmony in our own existence with others. When you can stop seeing it as an assault on you, but rather as another person's way of viewing things, then you can begin to live in peace with others.

I have very few issues with Christians, Muslims (I lived next door to a Muslim community center and mosque for over a decade), or any other religion, simply because I try very hard to live and let live. Anyways, that's how I see it.

Aaron

• Like 1

I mentioned this elsewhere and I think it comes into play in regards to this topic as well, a perfect country is like a small village that is so close to another village that they can hear the roosters crow, but neither village is concerned with what's going on in the other village. Because they worry about their own lives and not the lives of others they are able to live in peace. In the same way, so long as someone is not coming into your home trying to convert you by force, what good is it to worry about what they are doing? Let them live in peace and more often than not they wont worry about you.

I know you'll say, "what about the missionaries", but lets be honest, how many missionaries have stuck around to talk to you after you've said, "i'm not interested!" In the end it often takes stepping out of ourselves and not allowing these things to personally offend us, in order for us to find a place of harmony in our own existence with others. When you can stop seeing it as an assault on you, but rather as another person's way of viewing things, then you can begin to live in peace with others.

What about missionaries going around the world trying to convert people in some more remote regions into Christianity by using various sneaky tactics of free schooling or medical help , clean water and similar?

Sometimes more overall global perpective is apropriate to adopt to see the full effect clearly. In this case to see the desire Christians have to dominate.

So it is good to keep that in mind and recgonise it for what it is.

I would agree with you on daily living and peaceful coexistance . On individual level people are people whatever the religion or cultural difference.

However , Jesus must have been amazing person if he existed and there are also some very deep Christian stories of Fathers of the desert that I found inspirational.

I liked a book 'Dont sleep there are snakes' about Christian missionary going to Amazonian forest to convert the tribe over there and ends up being converted by them in a way.

• Like 1

Someone said something about "the right Christians" and I agree. Not everyone is the same. I have some really good Christian friends, and they are very respectful and tolerant about other beliefs. I say "tolerant" because they ultimately believe that their view is the correct one, so they have to accept to live with "other" types of beliefs.

However, a Taoist perspective believes in harmony and respect for others. I am not saying "let everyone do to you whatever they please". But from there to spreading hate here, a principally Taoist forum, there is a long jump. Everyone has their opinion, of course, but I would stick to the Taoist motto "he who knows does not talk; he who talks does not know". If someone does something to you, I would recommend not continuing the circle of hate. At least do not make generalizations.

With that being said, peace to everyone.

• Like 1

Seriously eternalnoob, if you take one of the o's out of your username, that would be a better name for you, judging by the ridiculous posts you've made. :lol:

• Like 2

One advice: go to see some muslims, you'll LOVE christians after that!

Seriously, please do not confuse the religious ideology with the people. There are lots of wrong in christianity (and Islam too, by the way), but it does not always mean these people are bad.

I don't reckon it's that easy, given what people tend to be "made of". Not at base, not their true humanness (if that's a word). People believe things for lots of reasons. Sometimes without even thinking about it, until they have to. Sometimes IMO/IME when they don't even have to.

i think that our current setup means we do have to think about our beliefs because they keep running into each other. Maybe that's the point. I think my entire upbringing was steeped (or mired) in very specific ideologies, most of which I'm trying to even understand what the hell they were about.

What about missionaries going around the world trying to convert people in some more remote regions into Christianity by using various sneaky tactics of free schooling or medical help , clean water and similar?

Sometimes more overall global perpective is apropriate to adopt to see the full effect clearly. In this case to see the desire Christians have to dominate.

So it is good to keep that in mind and recgonise it for what it is.

I would agree with you on daily living and peaceful coexistance . On individual level people are people whatever the religion or cultural difference.

However , Jesus must have been amazing person if he existed and there are also some very deep Christian stories of Fathers of the desert that I found inspirational.

I liked a book 'Dont sleep there are snakes' about Christian missionary going to Amazonian forest to convert the tribe over there and ends up being converted by them in a way.

Well I'm sure the parents are more than willing to convert if that means their children are inoculated and cared for. I would ask what we're doing for those children? Are we really going to complain that they're going over there and helping people and doing something that they believe is right?

I mean, if it was up to me, I'd have them do it simply out of the goodness of their heart, but in lieu of that selflessness, I wont dissuade them from saving some child from blindness or death, simply because I don't want that child to be a christian.

With that said, you're a beautiful person Sun and I hope life is treating you well.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

I don't reckon it's that easy, given what people tend to be "made of". Not at base, not their true humanness (if that's a word). People believe things for lots of reasons. Sometimes without even thinking about it, until they have to. Sometimes IMO/IME when they don't even have to.

i think that our current setup means we do have to think about our beliefs because they keep running into each other. Maybe that's the point. I think my entire upbringing was steeped (or mired) in very specific ideologies, most of which I'm trying to even understand what the hell they were about.

I just wanted to say you're beautiful too K. I wish you'd say more things I could disagree with, so we could talk more.

Aaron

Part of what I hear being talked about is a process, a process of decay that all major and minor ways and peoples can become prone to unless kept new by masterly stewardship. And of course none of the "eastern", "mystical" or "natural" schools or ways are automatically exempt from such decay just because... Thus some of these names are often inter-changeable in meaning at some time or place but the underlying process will go on for these various ways with either a rising through wisdom or falling through lack of same. Such is not unique to our time or any other time, place or to most of the peoples who have ever existed, and to get to obessed about or stuck on the names is to often miss what is going on in process and its brass tacks meaning.

Edited by 3bob

Secret Footage of "Faith Healer" Peter Popoff in Toronto May 2011

I don't like James Randi one bit -- he attacked Chunyi Lin before knowing anything about him! haha. Still this is a great expose -- I just fast forwarded past the james randi part....

Would it make you feel any better if you just told them to go to hell? You may find some immediate satisfaction and humor from it, but it the long run, when you actually think about how you disrespected an akin human being, all the excitement will diminish into sorrow. In the long term you will be only disrespecting yourself, as the Christian as probably learned the value of forgiveness.

:wub:

Edited by Informer

Well, you know, sometimes you've got to wonder....

If you've got a system, say, of a religious nature, but not necessarily, and you have a lot of crappy people coming out of that system, and causing a lot of problems, but you've got a few "good people" coming out of the system, to the point where you have to hunt for the "right ones", then... well... maybe those "right ones" are being right/good IN SPITE of the system, and NOT because of it...?

Just a thought.

It seems to me that a good system should produce repeatable results. Judge a tree by its fruit, yeah? If most of the fruit is crap, maybe the good fruit you are eating fell off another tree?

Even a broken watch is right twice a day, right?

I dunno. Maybe I'm tired of being accepting of other peoples' crap too? :lol:

Humans in general need to get a clue. A spiritual path, I think, should help in that pursuit. Systems that don't help people get a clue, or tell them that being clueless is, in fact, the way to be, and which might actively discourage people from getting clues...?

Maybe they should be on their way out?

:mellow:

I also have the public school system in mind as well. I know a LOT of smart people who came out of the public school system... but they were smart because of their own work, and the public school system did little for them except provide hurdles that they had to leap over (which they did, because they were amazing people themselves).

But the people who aren't amazing? Aren't helped at all.

I'm tempted to say that much of the Christian organizations work the same way. Intelligent, kind, caring, compassionate people are the way they are because of the way they are, not because the Christian system made them into that. Because there are a lot of ignorant, uncaring, not compassionate people out there, and I haven't seen the Christian system do much of anything at all in the way of helping that.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

i dont accept them anymore

If you see persons as Christians, Muslims, Jews, Daoists, etc... then you are as blind as those you don't accept.

There are no Christians, there are persons.

You can accept or not accept the person, that's your choice.

But if you see people as ideologies, you need to open your eyes and open your heart.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this