Sign in to follow this  
ATMA

Individual Paths or Branching Trails to the Source?

It seems as though the way is different for everyone.

It's specific to each person. If this is true than what are the chances of someone else's dao is the same as yours.

It seems like this may be the flaw of a lot of religious teachings. They contain LAWS which might not jive for you.

In the end do these teaching's and the advice from others really do anything more then prod you into discovering your true way?

Are they just an accumulation of rental husks forming a pile we climb to reach our own individual truth?

Or do all these paths lead to one universal truth?

I'm undecided. What do you think? Is it all within you or can it only be found by seeking outside yourself.

So bizarre to contemplate. So bizarre indeed.

Ommmmmm.

It's specific to each person. If this is true than what are the chances of someone else's dao is the same as yours.

It seems like this may be the flaw of a lot of religious teachings. They contain LAWS which might not jive for you.

In the end do these teaching's and the advice from others really do anything more then prod you into discovering your true way?

Are they just an accumulation of rental husks forming a pile we climb to reach our own individual truth?

I'm undecided. What do you think? Is it all within you or can it only be found by seeking outside yourself.

Ommmmmm.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2074247/Can-sixth-sense-tell-loved-died-miles-away.html

Ommmmmm.

I'll shoot for the prodding thing. However, there's also the accumulated knowledge of "what works" to consider. I don't think that happens in a vaccuum (well it does, but hopefully you catch my drift:-))

It's specific to each person.

I agree

If this is true than what are the chances of someone else's dao is the same as yours.

About zero.

Nope

Yup

Yup

It's both, because I do not end at my skin.

The only place to find answers is to look inside, there is nowhere where you are more directly in contact with reality.

But then that inner search will eventually lead back out to the 'exterior' as well.

The separation is an illusion.

Not really so bizarre - it is our thought process that tries to impose rationality where none actually exists.

Ommmmmm.

Please do not take "my" answers above as dogmatic or even correct, they are only my biased opinions at this moment and I make no claims of authority.

Very nice line of inquiry, ATMA.

Sign in to follow this