xabir2005

Experience, Realization, View, Practice and Fruition

If I were enlightened, publishing a book would be great...

1) for my widespread supremacy in the world,

2) for me to stamp my authority, get on my high horse and telling/advising/instructing everyone who has doubts/questions on spirituality; in so doing, people will look up to me and respect me because I am enlightened (furthermore, my credentials are supported by other spiritual teachers)

3) and erm.....who knows, maybe 1 day I may get the chance to be on Oprah's show and get the much-needed publicity and maybe write a few more books and...maybe I'd get rich and famous!

If I were enlightened, publishing a book would be great...

1) for my widespread supremacy in the world,

2) for me to stamp my authority, get on my high horse and telling/advising/instructing everyone who has doubts/questions on spirituality; in so doing, people will look up to me and respect me because I am enlightened (furthermore, my credentials are supported by other spiritual teachers)

3) and erm.....who knows, maybe 1 day I may get the chance to be on Oprah's show and get the much-needed publicity and maybe write a few more books and...maybe I'd get rich and famous!

Or some genuine compassion to save sentient beings would be nice :)

Are there benefits to coming to such realizations, or did you come to these realizations as a personal goal?

Are there benefits to coming to such realizations, or did you come to these realizations as a personal goal?

The benefits from this is far beyond any worldly benefits in the world...

Anyway there is a section in my article on the benefits of realization, the last section. You might want to take a look.

I can't, my servers block your pages, it's catagorized under 'Personal/Blogs' and my system was recorded for trying to access it.

Can you just throw out a few, brief examples?

Sometimes I wish I can have countless emanations that can help do full-time forumming to respond to super lengthy posts like lucky7strikes from my handphone (I have no computers on weekdays and my weekend time is short and precious), plus I have so many other forums to take care of. Becoming a 1000 arm avalokitesvara with 1000 phones will be nice.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening :)

Edited by xabir2005

is this an intellectual practice mostly, or does it also have a meditative element? Also, are any chi kung practices involve this? Does it help either way?

It bothers me when you mentioned 'genuine compassion'. Lately, I have people telling me where I've gone wrong, but somehow.....their words just don't seem to sink in with me and I keep rejecting them and instead, I doggedly defend my position. I don't know why, maybe it's something within me that won't budge or give in.. *sigh* ...I wonder how would I be able to achieve a lofty goal like saving the world when I can't even accept genuine, compassionate help from others.

Sincerity, honesty, faith or at least open-mindedness, and a right understanding of the human condition is necessary.

If we don't understand the human condition, there may be a lack of motivation to practice dharma. And this is why the Buddhist teachers traditionally prepare their students to first contemplate on subjects like the endless cycle of samsara, the impermanence of life, the rarity of human birth, the suffering, birth, death, ageing and sickness, the suffering, sorrow and lamentation or parting from what one loves and the suffering, sorrow and lamentation of not getting what one wants and so on that are integral to life... The suffering that results from the afflictions of craving, anger and ignorance, the suffering of karma which ripens in this life and in future lives. After all, the first teaching of the Buddha is on the four noble truths - the truth of suffering, the cause of suffering, the end of suffering (nirvana) and the way to end suffering (noble eightfold path).

Plus, with some faith in the Buddhas and awakened beings, one can then be motivated to seek for an end to the beginningless cycle of samsara and suffering, and seek the eternal bliss and liberation of nirvana.

Also another aspect of motivation comes from glimpses of experience as you progress in your path. As I said before, if you have tasted paradise, how can you turn your back on it?

Edited by xabir2005

is this an intellectual practice mostly, or does it also have a meditative element? Also, are any chi kung practices involve this? Does it help either way?

this path is not an intellectual endeavor.

It is a yogic contemplation on the nature of mind. It requires you to investigate your own experience, to see things as it truly is.

I am not too familiar with chi kung...

Edited by xabir2005

this path is not an intellectual endeavor.

It is a yogic contemplation on the nature of mind. It requires you to investigate your own experience, to see things as it truly is.

I am not too familiar with chi kung...

Xabir, please stop. You're going to ruin people's lives. I say this in the most genuine way possible. And the potential effect you can have on other practitioners is the primary reason I am debating you on this thread. You are not qualified in worldly manners enough to be guiding or teaching anyone out of suffering. :mellow:

Your ideology is not a responsible way to live one's life and taught on a bigger scale can easily be corrupted due to its heavy reliance on experience over reason. So far it's a very incomplete teaching, hence I advise that you leave the book aside for a period of time. And moreover, there is a frightening tendency in your manners of communication to sell your teachings (not for money, but a different type of satisfaction, similar to the one behind your blog), to spread them among internet boards and spiritual practitioners. There is a proselytizing manner underneath it all.

It's a frightening attitude that "my way is the best" mentality. Someone linked me to a post you made on your forum where you bragged that Thusness' way was one of a kind among all pracitioners, to which Thusness scolded you.

You should ask Thusness' opinion on all this since his word is the only one you seem to have an ear for.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 1

Sincerity, honesty, faith or at least open-mindedness, and a right understanding of the human condition is necessary.

If we don't understand the human condition, there may be a lack of motivation to practice dharma. And this is why the Buddhist teachers traditionally prepare their students to first contemplate on subjects like the endless cycle of samsara, the impermanence of life, the rarity of human birth, the suffering, birth, death, ageing and sickness, the suffering, sorrow and lamentation or parting from what one loves and the suffering, sorrow and lamentation of not getting what one wants and so on that are integral to life... The suffering that results from the afflictions of craving, anger and ignorance, the suffering of karma which ripens in this life and in future lives. After all, the first teaching of the Buddha is on the four noble truths - the truth of suffering, the cause of suffering, the end of suffering (nirvana) and the way to end suffering (noble eightfold path).

Plus, with some faith in the Buddhas and awakened beings, one can then be motivated to seek for an end to the beginningless cycle of samsara and suffering, and seek the eternal bliss and liberation of nirvana.

Also another aspect of motivation comes from glimpses of experience as you progress in your path. As I said before, if you have tasted paradise, how can you turn your back on it?

In my past 2 posts, I was actually referring to you. Sorry for being blunt :)

xabir going into 'teaching' mode again and getting on his horse. Watch out!

Xabir, please stop. You're going to ruin people's lives. I say this in the most genuine way possible. And the potential effect you can have on other practitioners is the primary reason I am debating you on this thread. You are not qualified in worldly manners enough to be guiding or teaching anyone out of suffering. :mellow:

Your ideology is not a responsible way to live one's life and taught on a bigger scale can easily be corrupted due to its heavy reliance on experience over reason. So far it's a very incomplete teaching, hence I advise that you leave the book aside for a period of time. And moreover, there is a frightening tendency in your manners of communication to sell your teachings (not for money, but a different type of satisfaction, similar to the one behind your blog), to spread them among internet boards and spiritual practitioners. There is a proselytizing manner underneath it all.

It's a frightening attitude that "my way is the best" mentality. Someone linked me to a post you made on your forum where you bragged that Thusness' way was one of a kind among all pracitioners, to which Thusness scolded you.

You should ask Thusness' opinion on all this since his word is the only one you seem to have an ear for.

Look, I think I am doing a very helpful job in helping people gain clarity, and many people who would otherwise have gotten stuck in certain phases of insight or not have clear instructions have all benefitted.

So you either accept by faith that I am awakened and benefit from my advice and writings, or you don't, and I don't care. But you will never stop me - nothing will - from sharing the truth with the world :) to me, you are like the guy who saw Buddha and turned him down after hearing his proclamation, which is a pity.

Lastly, Thusness have said to me privately before that the insights presented in the blog is something I won't find elsewhere, it is truly deep and rare, but he also does not want to offend other people (I have written some comments on other traditions and teachers that might be seen as offensive, and I have taken them off, I think it was a mistake). But the truth remains that clarity and depth of insight is truly rare in the world - of course not non existing, but rare (I have however recommended books from various authors on many occasions that I think are highly enlightened). And the maps and path we presented are rather unique and have great potential to help a lot of people.

As for my ebook, Thusness asked me months ago to put it at the top section of my blog - that is, above his three must read articles (something I placed there myself). I thanked him for his support for my ebook but told him I will not do so, and placed it right beneath his articles.

Edited by xabir2005

You are not qualified in worldly manners enough to be guiding or teaching anyone out of suffering.

Ditto. Nothing else to add in here. Sometimes I wish we had no Internet at all, and this is one of those instances; it's like giving a loaded gun to a three-year-old child.

Edited by Gerard

Ditto. Nothing else to add in here. Sometimes I wish we had no Internet at all, and this is one of those instances; it's like giving a loaded gun to a three-year-old child.

Ditto ditto. But please believe the 3 year-old child, for the child believes he is right.

In my past 2 posts, I was actually referring to you. Sorry for being blunt :)

xabir going into 'teaching' mode again and getting on his horse. Watch out!

and that post is meant for you especially the first para: "Sincerity, honesty, faith or at least open-mindedness, and a right understanding of the human condition is necessary."

P.s. You can see it as a sharing as I don't see myself as a teacher. I like what Daniel Ingram said: "I like teachers who just happen to be friends who know and will share good stuff much more than Teachers."

Thusness happened to be such teacher/friend, and I wish there were more people like him.

Ditto ditto. But please believe the 3 year-old child, for the child believes he is right.

You sound like Gerard's clone or something :lol: everyone is entitled to their own opinions about me, but pls don't troll around this thread. I very much prefer to discuss dharma with sincere minded people. Edited by xabir2005

and that post is meant for you especially the first para: "Sincerity, honesty, faith or at least open-mindedness, and a right understanding of the human condition is necessary."

P.s. You can see it as a sharing as I don't see myself as a teacher. I like what Daniel Ingram said: "I like teachers who just happen to be friends who know and will share good stuff much more than Teachers."

Thusness happened to be such teacher/friend, and I wish there were more people like him.

All of my posts were fictitious, aimed at you, right from the 1st post I made in this thread. In other words, they are not real, they say nothing about me at all. I've already explained that in my last post. So, don't worry :)

You don't have to tell me to be 'sincere', 'honest', have 'faith' etc. Because I don't need to be told that. Why? I've been following you all over forums for years. I've seen more than enough of your communication over the years and frankly, they're just disgusting. You can reply to me a million more posts and they'd would do nothing but numb me.

All of my posts were fictitious, aimed at you, right from the 1st post I made in this thread. In other words, they are not real, they say nothing about me at all. I've already explained that in my last post. So, don't worry :)

You don't have to tell me to be 'sincere', 'honest', have 'faith' etc. Because I don't need to be told that. Why? I've been following you all over forums for years. I've seen more than enough of your communication over the years and frankly, they're just disgusting. You can reply to me a million more posts and they'd would do nothing but numb me.

You don't have to repeat your point.

And as I said,

"You sound like Gerard's clone or something :lol: everyone is entitled to their own opinions about me, but pls don't troll around this thread. I very much prefer to discuss dharma with sincere minded people."

You don't have to repeat your point.

And as I said,

"You sound like Gerard's clone or something :lol: everyone is entitled to their own opinions about me, but pls don't troll around this thread. I very much prefer to discuss dharma with sincere minded people."

I had to repeat because you didn't get my mocking remark at all. Hence you told me to have 'faith', 'sincerity' etc, to which I said you had no basis, because all my posts were fictitious. Sorry for repeating for the 3rd time now. But I enjoy doing it as long as you keep harping on the matter.

"Gerard's clone"? Haha. I'm very sure you have what it takes to have more people than just Gerard or Lucky7strikes or myself criticizing you. You can put your mind at rest on this matter too.

But I enjoy doing it as long as you keep harping on the matter.

I'm sure trolling is not tolerable and I might get moderators to look into this matter if you insist :)

P.s. Of course I am aware of the mocking remarks which is why I talked about the importance of faith and sincerity in order to progress spiritually.

Edited by xabir2005

I'm sure trolling is not tolerable and I might get moderators to look into this matter if you insist :)

Okay. You must be referring to my comment quote: "Ditto ditto. But please believe the 3 year-old child, for the child believes he is right." In my opinion, I was merely seconding Gerard's comment. But you see it as trolling. Did I hurt your feelings? Sorry :(

If it makes you feel better to have my presence wiped out from this forum, please do so. I don't feel threatened at all.

Look, I think I am doing a very helpful job in helping people gain clarity, and many people who would otherwise have gotten stuck in certain phases of insight or not have clear instructions have all benefitted.

So you either accept by faith that I am awakened and benefit from my advice and writings, or you don't, and I don't care. But you will never stop me - nothing will - from sharing the truth with the world :) to me, you are like the guy who saw Buddha and turned him down after hearing his proclamation, which is a pity.

Lastly, Thusness have said to me privately before that the insights presented in the blog is something I won't find elsewhere, it is truly deep and rare, but he also does not want to offend other people (I have written some comments on other traditions and teachers that might be seen as offensive, and I have taken them off, I think it was a mistake). But the truth remains that clarity and depth of insight is truly rare in the world - of course not non existing, but rare (I have however recommended books from various authors on many occasions that I think are highly enlightened). And the maps and path we presented are rather unique and have great potential to help a lot of people.

As for my ebook, Thusness asked me months ago to put it at the top section of my blog - that is, above his three must read articles (something I placed there myself). I thanked him for his support for my ebook but told him I will not do so, and placed it right beneath his articles.

Maybe Wowee isn't a clone of Gerard, but share a certain opinion about you that others do as well. Maybe Seth or I aren't as deluded as you might think. Gerard and Seth (don't know about Wowee much as a taobum) are sincere and dedicated practitioners. Their word and insight do count for something. And I maybe be a young and still very inexperienced spiritual practitioner, but I do have some sense and the ability to question.

Just look over what you wrote above. "So you either accept by faith that I am awakened and benefit from my advice and writings, or you don't, and I don't care. But you will never stop me - nothing will - from sharing the truth with the world :)" What are you? The savior of the world? This is an alarming sign. I don't know how it is in Singapore, but here in the U.S. I've ran into plenty of people who give off the exact vibe you do now. Haha! "You will never stop me!" What does that entail? That you are out here to do something. There is a motive in your interactions that is beyond just mere sharing. It's a very self serving attitude and behind it all, an inverted ego trip if you will, nothing like Thusness' other screen name says: "passerby."

I like how you compare yourself to the Buddha and now you believe you are some messenger of the Buddha. Your tone here is ambitious, not empathetic, and filled with a sense of a self defining purpose, even grandeur. I feel no true empathy from what you write, there's no hint of humane compassion in any of it. You seem so disconnected from those who you are apparently trying to guide through their "suffering", no wonder you sound like a robot.

It's truly a disappointment that after all these years, underneath all the intelligent writing and so called insights, you reveal yourself as a very blinded person, ironically, about your own self. And I find all of this very very troubling and sad.

You are not doing any helpful jobs in clarifying anything but spewing your truths as the universal truth. Your ideas are a mess of contradictions and uninvestigated claims. Didn't you read over your own posts above? I asked you how and what led to your realization and your reply was "I had a realization because I realized." The entire process of your investigations and contemplations are just hidden indoctrinations. It is not uncommon for people to believe that their own realizations are rare and one of a kind. I have read several new age and modern spiritual "masters" all claim something similar: "my teachings are no where to be found, they are the only true teachings, blah blah, you won't find it anywhere."

If you wish continue to reply to my criticisms about your ideas go ahead. I am pretty certain all you have at the end of the day is a repetitive ideology you seem to believe is a cure for all questions, again, ironically, very much like the word "God." But I also understand that this is very personal for you, you have a lot to lose in this discussion if there is even a hint of doubt that sparks in your mind. I don't think it will come to that point, because it seems like you've crossed a point of faith that is incredibly difficult to return from, and done, would very much undo your entire identity.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Okay. You must be referring to my comment quote: "Ditto ditto. But please believe the 3 year-old child, for the child believes he is right." In my opinion, I was merely seconding Gerard's comment. But you see it as trolling. Did I hurt your feelings? Sorry :(

If it makes you feel better to have my presence wiped out from this forum, please do so. I don't feel threatened at all.

:lol: or maybe I no longer have feelings but think that some of the discussions are senseless?

P.s. This conversation is getting ridiculous, so I'm out