Sign in to follow this  
ChiDragon

One eats snake and turns into snake. Is this karma...?

This video shows a man always killing snakes and ate them. He turns into a snake like person. The Buddhist heard about it and helped him to cure his problem by performing Buddhist prying for him. In third part of the video(last), he was cured and became a Buddhist and promise not to kill a living thing again.

Is this karma...???

Snake person: http:// http://blog.yam.com/ellassky/article/36675551

Karma is the law of action-reaction. Retribution is not karma. Even in the game of Risk karma is visible. A practical way to study karma.

If I attack someone and take their continent there WILL be a reaction. They'll most likely be angry and want revenge. So the pendulum swings back in my direction soon with them either suiciding all their units against me or something similar with them trying to get their country back the rest of the game. It equates to 'sol' for me.

Even though I take their continent I now have negative karma with that person, and they'll attack me until I eliminate them from the game. Provided that's their personality. Karma is not so black and white.

Positive karma in the game of Risk is like if I decide to give my opponent a continent instead of being caught in an all game bloodshed for said continent. This person now respects me and considers me their friend in the game. In fact, they do their best throughout the game to try and get me a continent of my own. This is positive karma.

Not so black and white though, it will also depend on the person's personality. What the karma will be.

Karma literally translates to "action". When you drop a ball and it hits the ground, that is karma at work. Its like a chain of dominoes falling. If you were to say that karma is a sort of list of good and bad deeds, like something santa claus would make - that would be incorrect, and actually is the same kind of misrepresentation that the Brahmins leveraged in order to take control of ancient Indian society. They used oversimplified and superstitious ideas about karma to justify and enforce the caste system, in which they (as priests) were considered the highest class and were entitled to the most money, resources, land, and so forth. They used the concept of meaningful events (synchronicity) as a means of creating division of labor for their surrounding society, and for determining who "deserved" the most, and who "deserved" the least - purely based on bloodline, not capability.

Changes in the weather are also karma - but most people dont have much influence over that level of karma. Whether or not you wear a coat is karma that you have almost absolute influence over. It is a matter of scale. This is a vital understanding for anyone who is attempting to view the big picture. Many incredible and amazing things are possible in life, but that doesn't mean they will always happen. It is possible to fly a F-18 fighter jet... but can you do it? Just because the possibility exists doesn't automatically make you a top gun ace pilot. Sometimes people will say "we create our own reality" - but if this is true, then why can't they create the reality where wings sprout from their back and they fly away into the sunset? Why can't they create the reality where piles of gold and jewels just materialize in front of their eyes? It would be more accurate to say "we create our own reactions to reality". It is another vital distinction. Hopefully you wouldn't be surprised to know that if you were able to materialize gold and jewels and fly off into the sky in that way, you would have no need to do so in the first place.

Hopefully you wouldn't be surprised to know that if you were able to materialize gold and jewels and fly off into the sky in that way, you would have no need to do so in the first place.

Why not?

• Like 1

Karma was originally understood as a fundamental force in regards to the mechanics of existence, a sort of endless chain of push/pull reaction - the forces of momentum, inertia, attraction, repulsion, etc. Very many aspects of the modern science of physics would fall under the umbrella of "karma" for the ancient sramana.

Even beyond this, they regarded existence as holistic in terms of the relationship between personal actions and cosmic actions, as they considered both realms of activity to follow the same fundamental law of dynamics in regards to possible outcomes and regularity of motion. A person who is violent on a consistent basis is more likely to experience the results of violence, simply because they are engaging in violent behavior more often. It is the kind of thing that is so simple and obvious that it is also so easily taken for granted.

A being that is free of karma would no longer be subject to the law of existence which binds things to predetermined outcomes. Such a being would be "above the law" and therefore "not reckoned by it". In the early Vedic songs, the gods were sometimes presented as secondary to the sages in this way, if not subservient to them. This was an ancient people's understanding, and it is difficult for modern people to approach their psychology without undergoing drastic changes in apprehension. Even in the realm of eternal wisdom which has always been and always will be, the methods of communication and reference change as much as the cultures which inform the people who use them.

Sign in to follow this