Sign in to follow this  
9th

To Overthrow The Tables Of The Moneychangers

When you tap a bell, it makes a sound that is derived from its physical form. The resulting tonality is indicative of infinitely more than just pitch and amplitude. The harmony of the natural order is a radiance, like an omni-directional echo... It is not an enforced systematization. There is (of course) much reactivity seemingly demanded by the "corruption" of the world we live in. And make no mistake, the civilized world that people have made is truly fucked up and incredibly dysfunctional. But while an effort to save the world is indeed noble... in essence, it is the same shit, different day. It is the externalization of ideals at the expense of personal integrity. It is another easy way out. Forcing the issue is already at hand, expanding options for the issue is not. Animals are motivated to survive by the fear of death. Challenging this motivation will not be easy, by any means - however it is the purpose of humans to rise to this challenge and derive a new motivation from it.

Consciousness growth is the increasing interconnectivity between word and deed and thought and action and feeling and sensation and intuition and reason - and so on. It is activism at a primordial level. There is a distinct clarity of purpose when alignment between intent and expression is cohesively supported by the harmony of the natural order. When there is a great dissonance between intent and expression, mind and body, left and right, etc. the chips fall where they may, the other shoe drops, and so forth. Unfortunately such dissonance tends to contribute to apprehensions of the natural order as chaos, which are further reinforced by the narrow focus of obsessive addictions - and that includes spiritual disciplines, practices, meditations, studies, and so forth.

The masturbatory aspect of bliss junkies spending all day on the meditation mat in the beaming golden light of rainbow purity and magical awesomeness and so forth - that is not "growth". It is yet another addiction, another cage, another slavery - and although there are much more favorable results for this kind of addiction in the short term, the long term results are the same as any other addiction.

Ananda is only part of the equation in sat-cit-ananda. The unbalanced or obsessive approach may work in the context of a personal endeavor to generate sufficient escape velocity from the machinations of the social order, but it will only be a temporary and very conditional release until the missing functionality regarding the totality is consciously restored. And such functionality will be restored one way or another, sooner or later... and in the case of minds which are enslaved by their own obsessions - it will be done unconsciously, as it is easily possible to dream that you are awake. The totality will extract its due from your life, regardless of your ability to cooperate or not. If there is nothing left over for you, it is not a problem for the totality - it is only your problem. Freedom is available, but you must be willing to pay the price. As human beings who can potentially die at any given moment, the opportunity to consciously contribute is an ever-closing window that must be taken advantage of while it is still open. The "cubic centimeter of chance" is an apt metaphor. The addicted mind, the enslaved mind - is not rare, or uncommon. It is the most common thing, it is the lowest common denominator between ALL peoples. Starting with the victorious/defeated scenario of self-importance/self-pity, the spikes get driven in early, and they get driven in deep.

• Like 6

Hey, makes even more sense why I would know that :P

Why would you know that?

The world seems pretty corrupt to me, most religions are corrupt, most governments are corrupt, capitalism in general is pretty corrupt and most peoples have been corrupted in one way or another to believe they are what they are not.

Edited by Jetsun

My world is so much more bigger then that, that's how

All these people can't change it

Confusing the subjective with the objective is a dangerous mistake, especially regarding cultivation and the Great Work

The tough stuff is still ahead of you, but if you cant be bothered with it, then go ahead and enjoy being comfortable as much as you can

The world is so big, there's enough space for the corrupt politicians, confused people, and all their money

It can still get much worse or much better

So much could still happen and with the endless possibilities it's like the bowl is empty, so you can't say it's full of poison

• Like 1

The world is so big, there's enough space for the corrupt politicians, confused people, and all their money

It can still get much worse or much better

So much could still happen and with the endless possibilities it's like the bowl is empty, so you can't say it's full of poison

It seems that you haven't actually read the piece fully, since you are arguing against a point you have invented in your own mind, and not something I actually wrote, beyond the word "corruption", which I originally put in quotes for a reason.

Also, the projected absolutism you have brought into this is inapplicable to the issue at hand. The fact that relativity exists is not some key to paradise, or some kind of final enlightenment. Awareness of the relativity of perception and manifestation is a necessary first step, it does not mean you have mastered reality. You are not a master. You are a beginner. Recognition of relativity is a step in the right direction, but it is not an end in itself, by any means.

You seem to be waving the flag of self-confidence quite a bit, but you might want to begin preparations for the massive feast of humble pie which will ensue if you are able to get over yourself and continue with this work.

• Like 1

'ey, if I don't put myself in the line of fire, I wont ever learn anything

'ey, don't ever put yourself in the path of an oncoming express locomotive simply to find out your limitations or discover your strengths, or if death by choo choo is really the final threshold, oki doki?

• Like 1

'ey, don't ever put yourself in the path of an oncoming express locomotive simply to find out your limitations or discover your strengths, or if death by choo choo is really the final threshold, oki doki?

how... dare you?

'ey, if I don't put myself in the line of fire, I wont ever learn anything

if you want to take calculated risks, you have to know how to calculate first

but if you'd rather learn about risks the hard way, it can certainly be arranged... CT summed it up pretty well on that

Hey I'm just a 'shugenja'

You aren't even close to shugendo... not by a long shot. And as long as you think you are, you never will be.

zen2.jpg

Sign in to follow this