Sign in to follow this  
kris2pe

Has anyone tried Iron Vest Qigong?

I was interested in this form. Looks very nice. A friend of mine has video and I watched little bit. It is quite possible to learn from the video. But.... I cant see the lineage of where this Iron Vest form coming from. He claims to be black belt in three IMA and that he is professor. But I dont really know anything about this man and origin of this form. One needs to train 1 year at lest every day for 1 hour in order to be able to estimate the benefits. So cant recommend and wonder myself about benefits of this form of IVQ. I don't think somebody was so patient to go for 1 year every day training but myself never again would go for pactice which is not within certain lineage of masters. I had been practicing such a practice for 2 years without any benifits. Never again

Edited by Eugene

Did you try this form yourself? Is it possible to learn only from DVD? I have seen some youtube movies of Chris Lomas how dudes tried to kick his ass ))

Local lad to us is Sifu Chris Lomas, I’ve watched him grow up from a boy; but we have moved away from the North West to the East Midlands.

The DVDs are superb. If you can get to Chris’ sessions in Manchester so much the better if not the DVD has it all in there.

The guy is 100% genuine and you’ll find You Tube clips of him here and there.

This (Lomas) looks like RAB, skin breathing, with particular focus on the point and moment of impact timed with a (hard) sharp exhale. It is a normal side effect of neigong practice. I would also recommend doing traditional martial arts body hardening, including lots of strength training, and doing your skin breathing excercise outdoors in winter clad in a pair of boxer shorts (or naked, if you don't have any issues with privacy).

A walk-in freezer is good for doing skin breathing practice in warmer climates, or during summertime. If you do not have access to one, a similar effect can be gained by going into a cave, and having water poured over the body, and then having a partner use a fan while you practice.

IMO, one should start with the qigong/neigong practice first, and not worry so much about becoming superman.

Yeah, I personally agree we need some neikung like Iron Shirt. Very prominent benefits for the health promotion. And good for stamina and vitality. So I am thinking just doing Iron Shirt first instead of any kind of IMA neikung as Ir. Sh. is very good neikung for IMA and health aspects and then go further for IMA . Mantek Chia writes that traditionnaly they had practiced something like IS first for years and after they learned IMA applications

Edited by Eugene

Or just move to the North Pennines.... where Chris Lomas and us come from

....'going into a cave, and having water poured over the body, and then having a partner use a fan while you practice'

is classed as a good night out.

:D

Or just move to the North Pennines.... where Chris Lomas and us come from

....'going into a cave, and having water poured over the body, and then having a partner use a fan while you practice'

is classed as a good night out.

:D

I just knew you were the kind of guy who knows how to have a good time :)

Luxury we calls it.

Up to our necks in a frozen stream cultivating in't nude,

taters like tiny blue walnuts.

Luxury, and glad of being fanned whilst we were at it too.

Luxury we calls it.

Up to our necks in a frozen stream cultivating in't nude,

taters like tiny blue walnuts.

Luxury, and glad of being fanned whilst we were at it too.

... and still time to iron your vest ... very impressive.

Yep I can still do the old iron shirt a bit.

Comes in useful when Mrs GMP is on the warpath and the saucepans begin to fly.

You are right about that breathing out sharply a beat before impact ShenLung, also the self-hitting toughens one up.

Time was, someone could break a sturdy stick across my tum and nary a wince from me.

Not now though.

(DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN TRAINED. IT REALLY HURTS. YOU JUST TRAIN YOURSELF NOT TO NOTICE IT)

Sign in to follow this