julianlaboy

Origami!

Hi, everyone!

I love the interrelationship between mind and body. That sensation, when one feels in union to everything else, comes to me particularly when I fold paper to make some kind of animal or geometrical figure (or whatever else one can make out of a single square sheet of paper). What's your take on Origami? It is very relaxing. To me, it kind of feels like meditating!

Also, I did a "Google site" about it, if anyone wants to see it. It is in Spanish, but it has nice pictures and paper models. It is not for profit or popularity, just to share it with all of you. :)

http://sites.google.com/site/origamipuertorico/

Edited by julianlaboy
  • Like 1

Origami is great fun, I'd like to learn that "new" (at least for me) wet paper folding, they make some beautiful pieces with that.

c5be4_634369050421952366.jpg

... so many hobbies so little time

Edited by Mal Stainkey
  • Like 1

I'd like to learn that "new" (at least for me) wet paper folding

For wet paper folding, I use a simple sponge and a spraying bottle with water. From experience, I end up only applying water to the final model, since I use cheap paper :(

I spray some water, move the paper to a desirable shape and hope that it stays that way until it gets dry (some air would be good).

If you do have some good quality paper, spraying with water from the start would be awesome (at least until the square shape end ups being a trapezoid or weird round thing).

I probably just wrote what you already read somewhere else, but yeah, it is a great technique. My best work came from it (A mammoth by Satoshi Kamiya).

And yeah, so little time for so many great things!!

Nice! Someday I wish to sell some models in a website like Etsy, or maybe my own. I made earrings, but Christmas ornaments are also a great idea!

And as for models, this is the best that I have done. From a huge piece of paper, and with lots and lots of steps:

dragon%20k2.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7crGDIIsOGvVrn0r0Am7xTgxLov62LGa97uLRvt8rTFJF8AHiYGJks9ncydgtMd69YTcuZ-DhliMQISXCrQVyj6wYbLhB3j1JXY9XVS-ca_ZtZ4T74-lZhP2IWAZCz5bXf6MzSSD-f8KcY5XzyfioG99c0KLw-ZcdNWddimEsLh7p1P5QcmRK9M3NxLrPL9XMStKWFTuJUGhBsBOgE7JiuY4FHvL6A%3D%3D&attredirects=0

From Japanese Satoshi Kamiya, an "ancient dragon". (I wanted to stay in the "Eastern" theme) :)

(Edit: I can't see the image I just posted! :( how come?)

Edited by julianlaboy

My son makes rings out of dollar bills (or higher denominations). Sort of a less boring way to give money as a gift too.

My son makes rings out of dollar bills (or higher denominations). Sort of a less boring way to give money as a gift too.

Heeeey, that's not boring! Haha

It is kind of tedious if one wants to give money as a gift.

It's very relaxing, really! It also helps with motor coordination, eye perception, and other stuff. :)

I have two books on dollar bill origami and ended up cutting paper of that shape. Plus, I get to use different colors by cutting other kind of papers.

It gets kind of stinky if someone folds something out of money... Also, there are some models that require dollar bills because they make use of the images of the bill.