Niklas

Confused: health problems

Herbs. Nuff said...but to elaborate...

If you really want to get well, I"d kick it into high gear and go on a fruit fast or a fruit juice fast and get some herbs in there. I used to have bad digestive issues til I took a "spleen/pancreas" formula which took care of it rather quickly. If you're constantly sick then that means your kidneys and bowels are probably obstructed or aren't 100%. Get some herbs for the kidneys, bowels and the lymph system. You may also want to check glandular function. I can almost guarantee your adrenals aren't "to par". You may also want to take some herbs for that too. Also try to breath plenty of fresh winter air, it will help trigger the elimination of mucus.

Re-fruit, grapes are probably one of the best ime in terms of "astringents", as are organges and lemons/limes. Melons like watermelon, honeydew, etc come in second. You want to be eliminating mucus. You should be coughing mucus, have mucus in the stool and have sediment in the urine, that how you'll know when your eliminative organs are online. Until then your body will have "healing crisis" where it eliminates stuff through other means, or if it gets clogged you'll get weak.

Oh and drew, it is my opinion that meat won't increase "jing", it WILL overstimulate adrenal function and hormones, but as you age the stimulants will end up weakening you. I'd suggest, rather, using herbs to restore and enhance functioning rather than using stimulants like animal products. But if you're looking for hormones, just drink milk dude. 80+ NATURALLY OCCURING hormones on top of the shit they pump the cows with ;)

-Astral

EDIT: Also get plenty of rest. Nothing wrong with exercise but you want as much energy to go towards healing as you can.

Edited by Astral_Anima

Okay I have one advice aswell. And my real name is also Niklas :P

I haven't been sick ever since I started eating probiotics on a daily basis. It has now been over a year and I used to get sick many times per year :P I have also heard of similar experiences from other people so I think it's worth a try.

In my years of searching for the truth and trying to become healthier the only real lesson I've learned is that you should try as many different approaches as you possibly can until you find the right one. The right approach is different for everyone. For example in the beginning I thought I would've become a zen-meditator, but over the years I found that tai chi suited me better. And don't even get me started on nutrition :P

Anyways the main point is that all the answers I have come up with were the ones I never thought they would be and I thank the lord (which im not sure if he exists) for the fact that I tried everything and didn't settle for anything until I found the right one.

A man that never gives up is a man that never fails :P

Edited by raimonio

I practice Pak Mei KF.

Yes, I can't eat too much fruits and vegetables anyway. Why is it important to minimize the amount I eat?

Maybe hard style of KF is not for you. Practice something that suits you best.

The spleen is the organ in charge of the intake, processing, and shipping out of food and fluid. From the food and fluid, the spleen derives key components of making qi and blood and is thus the primary organ looked at when these two essential substances are not balanced.

Spleen-pot is not a friend of raw food, and the stomach-fire doesn't like cooling stuff thrown at it as this will slow down the digestion process.

Hello,

I'm aaaalways sick, so I started looking and finally found a good qigong teacher, so now I practice at least 2hours a day and I feel much better, but it takes time... At the same time I practice kung fu, which is a very Yang and hard style of kung fu. Two weeks ago I got sick again and it wont go away. Do you think it's bad to mix a very yang style of kung fu with very yin style of qigong? All the energy that I gather with qigong, does it go away when I do my kung fu, and prevents me from getting healthy? I just can't imagine my life without kung fu...

Any suggestions?

My response may not seem helpful to you but in my opinion only you can answer the question that you have posed. Relax and listen to yourself and you will arrive at the correct answer. Nobody can possibly provide you with the correct answer because they are not you and they are not aware of the dynamics that comprise you.

Maybe hard style of KF is not for you. Practice something that suits you best.

The spleen is the organ in charge of the intake, processing, and shipping out of food and fluid. From the food and fluid, the spleen derives key components of making qi and blood and is thus the primary organ looked at when these two essential substances are not balanced.

Spleen-pot is not a friend of raw food, and the stomach-fire doesn't like cooling stuff thrown at it as this will slow down the digestion process.

So why not just add some raw ginger like I do to my raw juice? Are you saying all raw foods are cooling? I think 1 raw juice or smoothie a day is very good for most people on SAD and can do a lot more good for them then the other crap they eat. I just think it is the 100 percent raw foodists that go too far with it. Some people thrive on it, but most can not even do it.

Thanks for all the great replies guys! Well I have some stomach problems too, because I got allergic to gluten, so raw food hurst a bit, so making a fruit fast would kill me!

I must admit that NOT GIVING UP is the key to finding the right thing. I don't know what will make me get there, but I know that one day I'll be there. The path is hard. If I've never gotten sick from the first place I would still be eating the same crap. I promissed myself over a 100 times that when I'll finally be healthy again I'll always be careful.