Niklas

Confused: health problems

Hello,

I'm aaaalways sick, so I started looking and finally found a good qigong teacher, so now I practice at least 2hours a day and I feel much better, but it takes time... At the same time I practice kung fu, which is a very Yang and hard style of kung fu. Two weeks ago I got sick again and it wont go away. Do you think it's bad to mix a very yang style of kung fu with very yin style of qigong? All the energy that I gather with qigong, does it go away when I do my kung fu, and prevents me from getting healthy? I just can't imagine my life without kung fu...

Any suggestions?

Hello,

I'm aaaalways sick, so I started looking and finally found a good qigong teacher, so now I practice at least 2hours a day and I feel much better, but it takes time... At the same time I practice kung fu, which is a very Yang and hard style of kung fu. Two weeks ago I got sick again and it wont go away. Do you think it's bad to mix a very yang style of kung fu with very yin style of qigong? All the energy that I gather with qigong, does it go away when I do my kung fu, and prevents me from getting healthy? I just can't imagine my life without kung fu...

Any suggestions?

If you are ill see a physician.

My opinion is that when one is ill strenuous physical exercise should be avoided, and depending on the illness, replaced with mild or no exercise until one feels better.

All exercises of any kind should reflect balance.

I know many people who practice MA along with qigong that do quite well.

• Like 1

OK... Well I see physicians and doctors all the time, but they seem to be quite lost, because they can't find anything, so I have to rely on auto-healing for now.

Hello,

Any suggestions?

Is your diet good - are you getting enough sleep - drugs prescribed recreational?

Hello,

Any suggestions?

You would also want to resolve any non-physical causes. For example, you have an energetic weakness to making other people sick in your spiritual experiences. That can be strengthened and deleted at the energetic level.

And all of the struggle weakens your central nervous system. Also, you have some kidney meridian weakness, corrected.

If you are open to it, you might also look for a five-element acupuncturist.

Is your diet good - are you getting enough sleep - drugs prescribed recreational?

Yeah, all these things are good. I have had these problems since I was born and Im sure it's my spleen and kidneys that are bad, although the doctors didn't find anything there.

You would also want to resolve any non-physical causes. For example, you have an energetic weakness to making other people sick in your spiritual experiences. That can be strengthened and deleted at the energetic level.

And all of the struggle weakens your central nervous system. Also, you have some kidney meridian weakness, corrected.

If you are open to it, you might also look for a five-element acupuncturist.

How can that be strengthened and deleted at the energetic level?

I have already try acupuncture, but with no success... Maybe they weren't good enough. Are there different types of acupuncture?

Yeah, all these things are good. I have had these problems since I was born and Im sure it's my spleen and kidneys that are bad, although the doctors didn't find anything there.

Have you had blood work.

Seen a nutritionist

Your idea of a good diet might not be a healthy diet.

Just sayin :)

• Like 1

Have you had blood work.

Seen a nutritionist

Well, my immune system is down to 0, that the doctors found, and I have the healthiest diet ever! I have even read The China Study by T. Colin Campbell! (which I highly recommend). But it's true that until a year ago I ate everything, too much pizza and stuff... didn't know that nutrition was so important.

Have you had blood work.

Seen a nutritionist

Well, my immune system is down to 0, that the doctors found, and I have the healthiest diet ever! I have even read The China Study by T. Colin Campbell! (which I highly recommend). But it's true that until a year ago I ate everything, too much pizza and stuff... didn't know that nutrition was so important.

Very very important. What do you consider the healthiest diet ever?

I have already try acupuncture, but with no success... Maybe they weren't good enough. Are there different types of acupuncture?

There are many styles of acupuncture, and within each style there are thousands of different techniques. . . would you give up on Western medicine if the first doctor you saw couldn't figure out what was wrong with you ?? Of course not. . . all doctors (Chinese medicine included) are not created equally.

how is your breathing?

the most important thing i've ever done for my immune system was master the complete breath of yoga. more than diet, exercise, or anything else, breathing is the foundation upon which everything else we do is dependent.

Science of Breath by Yogi Ramacharaka is available for free online.

http://www.shout.net/~jmh/clinic/science_of_breath/

i believe the author was some western practitioner using a pen name, but it doesn't matter. the book is really accurate for explaining the physiological AND the esoteric theories of the breath. it was written back before 1905, so you've gotta take some of his cultural context with a grain of salt. :ph34r: but after learning the complete breath at a young age, i became immune to almost every illness that came around. today, on average, i get sick once every 3 years or so, and it's usually a fever with a little bit of phlegm. nothing more. i regularly treat sick & contagious people, so for me the book has been priceless.

there are a lot of breathing techniques out there. this is the one i swear by, more than any other. this, and body breathing, which is also in the book. it only took a month or two for it to become automatic.

it's a really short book with really accurate information and clear instructions, PLUS it's free. kinda hard to beat that. ;)

i don't know what kind of qigong you're doing, so i can't really comment on that. but i will agree with Ya Mu and say make sure you're not overdoing it with the kung fu or any other strenuous exercise you might be doing.

give it a try. nothing to lose except a little reading time.

hope this is helpful.

• Like 1

Very very important. What do you consider the healthiest diet ever?

What is the healthiest diet in your opinion?

how is your breathing?

the most important thing i've ever done for my immune system was master the complete breath of yoga. more than diet, exercise, or anything else, breathing is the foundation upon which everything else we do is dependent.

Science of Breath by Yogi Ramacharaka is available for free online.

http://www.shout.net/~jmh/clinic/science_of_breath/

i believe the author was some western practitioner using a pen name, but it doesn't matter. the book is really accurate for explaining the physiological AND the esoteric theories of the breath. it was written back before 1905, so you've gotta take some of his cultural context with a grain of salt. :ph34r: but after learning the complete breath at a young age, i became immune to almost every illness that came around. today, on average, i get sick once every 3 years or so, and it's usually a fever with a little bit of phlegm. nothing more. i regularly treat sick & contagious people, so for me the book has been priceless.

there are a lot of breathing techniques out there. this is the one i swear by, more than any other. this, and body breathing, which is also in the book. it only took a month or two for it to become automatic.

it's a really short book with really accurate information and clear instructions, PLUS it's free. kinda hard to beat that. ;)

i don't know what kind of qigong you're doing, so i can't really comment on that. but i will agree with Ya Mu and say make sure you're not overdoing it with the kung fu or any other strenuous exercise you might be doing.

give it a try. nothing to lose except a little reading time.

hope this is helpful.

Thanks for the share! I downloaded the book in pdf format here instead: http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/ScienceOfBreath.pdf

Maybe it's good for my digestion problems too. There are many breathing techniques out there yes... I also love these 7 pranayama breathing techniques by Swami Ramdev: http://www.atmabodh.net/pranayama

• Like 1

What is the healthiest diet in your opinion?

You answered a question with a question.

You previously stated you had the healthiest diet -

so i was asking you what that was.

You answered a question with a question.

You previously stated you had the healthiest diet -

so i was asking you what that was.

Well... Just avoiding what is bad for my organism (no milk, yogurt, cheese, meat, avoid gluten based like bread and stuff - because of the industrial bad quality of it), eating seasonal food (root vegetables during the winter) and making sure 60% of my meals are composed of vegetables or fruits.

Niklas,

What style of KF are you currently practicing?

Also, and in relation your diet, make sure you minimise the amount of raw fruit and vegetables you eat.

Niklas,

What style of KF are you currently practicing?

Also, and in relation your diet, make sure you minimise the amount of raw fruit and vegetables you eat.

I practice Pak Mei KF.

Yes, I can't eat too much fruits and vegetables anyway. Why is it important to minimize the amount I eat?

Well... Just avoiding what is bad for my organism (no milk, yogurt, cheese, meat, avoid gluten based like bread and stuff - because of the industrial bad quality of it), eating seasonal food (root vegetables during the winter) and making sure 60% of my meals are composed of vegetables or fruits.

Your diet sounds pretty good.

Stay away from all forms of sugar they can be debilitating.

Fruit sugars in their natural form are good.

Blood work is important in order to see if you have any deficiencies.

• Like 1

Your diet sounds pretty good.

Stay away from all forms of sugar they can be debilitating.

Fruit sugars in their natural form are good.

Blood work is important in order to see if you have any deficiencies.

Does honey count as added sugar or natural sugar like fruits?

Does honey count as added sugar or natural sugar like fruits?

Yes. Sorry to bud in. When I eat honey I get an internal tingling sensation just like from eating sugar. Honey is fructose like fruit sugar but it doesn't have the fiber like fruit. So eating honey is definitely super sweet and will increase your blood sugar very high. So it is natural but you want wild honey because there's also fake honey where they just add sucrose. So you have to check the label. Still it's all sugar so you have to use very little. Natural wild honey has medicinal properties though -- it's great for stomach problems.

If your kidney energy is low then consider adding eggs and meat - preferably grass fed. I was vegetarian for 15 plus years. It depends on how much physical labor you're doing. Now I eat 4 eggs a day plus sardines and maybe meat and so this increases my jing energy.

I also eat a lot of cayenne which increases the energy by keeping the blood and metabolism strong -- it thins the blood platelets. So it counteracts meat and dairy, etc. There's other herbs similarly helpful. Mushroom tea is great for the immune system. Artist Conk is what I harvest wild. It's like Reishi mushrooms but in the U.S.

Edited by fulllotus

Its bad mixing energy practices and meditation techniques. I know some people deteriorated their immune system, went insane and aged faster. I live here in the Philippines where there are a lot of ancient practices and some people mixes it. Try sticking to one, maximize it and see what happens. If you could PM me a pic I could go try and remotely check on you or my master.

Edited by SirYuri

Thanks for the replies guys!

Its bad mixing energy practices and meditation techniques. I know some people deteriorated their immune system, went insane and aged faster. I live here in the Philippines where there are a lot of ancient practices and some people mixes it. Try sticking to one, maximize it and see what happens. If you could PM me a pic I could go try and remotely check on you or my master.

Mixing energy practices with meditation techniques? Which are the meditation techniques?

Thanks for the replies guys!

Mixing energy practices with meditation techniques? Which are the meditation techniques?

what I mean is that sometimes its bad for the body to mix different energy practices and meditation techniques. Just like certain foods should not be mixed as it leaves a foul taste. Same thing happens (only very subtle) with mixing energy practice and meditation techniques.