Sign in to follow this  
kris2pe

I wanna learn chi kung

I'm interested in learning chi kung!

But don't know where to start!

What's the basic once to try and how long before I get to feel chi?

go to your local book store and pick up a book on chi gong or order 1 online I recommend 8 pieces of silk brocade you can't just feel chi overnight well maybe you can but it took me 5 years

zhineng or spring forest qigong will help feel qi quickly. I tried both.

also search kunlun and gift of the tao sponatneous qigong by Ya Mu here on the forums. I tried kunlun and going to try spontaneous.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/7783-chinese-taoist-medicine-stillness-movement-medical-qigong/page__st__64

also check chris matsuo from dragon gate sanctuary, I like his DVD of fatigue mudras.

alternatively try the library for resources or google for local teachers.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/21715-ba-duan-jin-the-source/

Edited by Desert Eagle

I'm interested in learning chi kung!

But don't know where to start!

What's the basic once to try and how long before I get to feel chi?

There is LOTS of information on this forum. I recommend you spend a bit of time reading through the old threads. Once you've found some things of interest, post up some detailed questions about them.

That should keep you busy for a few weeks!

Best,

Mike

• Like 3

go to your local book store and pick up a book on chi gong or order 1 online I recommend 8 pieces of silk brocade you can't just feel chi overnight well maybe you can but it took me 5 years

I always wanted to try it but I feel that its kinda strict like it must be done in the morning, open air, certain direction. I feel that someone w/ a busy schedule may not have the luxury of doing any of that! Plus it you'd end up looking weird if you do it openly as well!

I don't know how chi feels like but I somehow can make myself get goose bumps on the fly lol! Its an electric feel to it that start from the upper back the spreads to the front almost like cold water splashing! Cause from what I hear about chi is that it is warm lol!

Edited by kris2pe

Why do you want to learn Chi-Gung?

Mainly health and to get strong, both mental and physical!

I kinda wanna incorporate it w/ my weight lifting and exercises that I do!

There are many systems of Chi-Gung out there. The Way of Energy is a basic introduction to one of the simpler (but powerful) styles.

If you want physical health it will take you there (as will most systems). For mental health simple meditation is highly complimentary. The more you do it the more benefit you get.

My link

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Hi,

How long it takes for you to feel Qi/Chi depends on how you learn Qigong. If you're learning from a rubbish book the answer is probably never.

If you're learning from a great Qigong master, the answer is likely to be on day 1.

I know of 8 ways to learn Qigong and wrote a 7 page pdf report on them recently. Ranking them from best to worst. You can download a copy of it here (just right click on the image below and 'save as'):

qli-cover.jpg

Hope that helps.

Marcus

You got the right idea about what Chi Kung can do for you. If you really understand what it is, then, it will help you in your weight lifting. May I ask you this....???

What is the first thing that you do before you lift the weights....???

Edited by ChiDragon

Sign in to follow this