Thunder_Gooch

Released: Seeking the Master of Mo Pai: Adventures with John Chang by Jim McMillan

Firstly I have to say that I agree with most if not all the critics regarding Jim's book. The writing style just hurt my eyes really bad in some places. It needs to be rewritten, with the help of a competent editor, imo.

However I find it really annoying that noone sees the benefits of such information published in the West:

- there you have the case of a man in his middle forties practicing a traditional and difficult method, and having an incredibly good results afterwards

- the outline of the specific practice although it's not fully covered in the book you can at least have a refference point, together with Kosta's information, it can guide one to stay away from unreliable sources..

There's nothing more painful than wasting time with a 'practice' that leads nowhere.. better to go clubbing everyday if you want 'sensations'.

- the practice of Mo Pai methods can indeed induce some side effects, be it from the intended lack of clear information from the teacher's part, or from the inability of the student to understand the method completely.

To me these three issues make the book interesting and worth a read.

Cheers

L1

Edited by Little1

Ancestors worship is one of the most important aspect of Chinese culture that I haven't yet known to exist in other cultures, and I believe this is one reason why Chinese have preserved so much ancient knowledge.

I think there are other cultures as well where ancestor worship is practiced. Afro-Brazilian and Native American cultures come to mind. And most likely there are many more.

I got the impression that Mopai members also believe in reincarnation. I'm not sure about it, though.

However, reincarnation seems to be a part of Daoist belief. And even if Mopai is not clearly Daoist in nature, it still seems to be very close to it. But perhaps someone can enlighten us on this aspect.

Anyways, I was just wondering, if reincarnation is part of Mopai then how would the limitation of the school to Chinese work, considering that a Westerner like Jim might have been Chinese in a previous life. Or vice versa perhaps a member of Mopai in an earlier incarnation was for example Danish?

Here it goes again...

fulllotus posted some info from a book called the antichrist training manual which claims to have the mo pai level 1-4 exercises, it' a fraud.

Regarding Mo Pai being a spiritual cultivation practice or a philosophy based on Mo Zi's teachings, it's been a while now but I seem to recall in Kosta's first book on John Chang that John Chang stated that Mo Pai is primarily a special kind of martial art training. It may actually have little to do with Mo Zi's original teachings, although it may have some connection there in some way. It primarily seems to be a neigong and martial art practice, although such things likely can't be completely removed from spirituality and philosophy. People should also comsider that (again, if I remember correctly) it was stated in the book that people with an aptitude like John Chang or his teacher to progress to high levels in such practices are rare, and maybe only one or two ever come along in a lifetime. This is likely the same for just about any culitvation system.

Regarding Liao sifu apparently not wanting the Mo Pai system passed on to Westerners, I would be inclined to think that this might have more to do with major cultural and world view differences and differences in attitude and ways of life and behaviour than anything to do with specific race, although I could be wrong. However, the East is now becoming more and more modernized and influenced by Western culture and attidues these days as well. Whether one believes the stories and videos about Mo Pai or not, the fact is such systems traditionally keep a very low profile and the more advanced teachings are usually kept completely hidden and secret and only passed on to a very few in secret from generation to generation, so it is quite unusual that John Chang was as open as he was about his system to Westerners. It doesn't seem surprising to me anyway that Liao sifu did not want such a system passed on to any outsiders. That is normal procedure for such systems. In my opinion, I think it is very lucky and unusual indeed that John Chang allowed what he did to be revealed to outsiders. Who knows? Maybe it is just one more crack in the cosmic egg that was somehow meant to be at this time. Everything in its right time and place. Perhaps there is an underlying order within all the apparent chaos and madness. Something to consider anyway. :)

Edited by The Way Is Virtue
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed the book. It just goes to show it doesn't matter what race you are from we are all amazing beings. I believe the school was very jealous and scared that a westerner valued and achieved more then a lot of their own flock. If you read, it says it was taken away from westerners, if this myth is true chi meditation should come very naturally for our western brothers and sisters but we have been made to be so engrossed with the way we do things currently e.g. obsession with money, power and breeding etc.

I wish instead of being jealous they were proud of their western student...And accept more committed and ethical westerners. Everyone needs a big hug and be accepted when it comes to skin colour. lol.

TF

• Like 1

One thought that came to me today is that finding and practicing a tradition with the Mo Pai's specific focus really isn't necessary if someone wants to fulfill their spiritual destiny and attain immortality.

It's possible that in the realms of Heaven, those who attain the 4th level in the Mo Pai perform duties similar to that of Navy Seals or special ops bodyguards, while others specialize more in medical, judicial or political 'functions'.

• Like 1

bought this book weeks ago. awesome book. great adventure. feels like your in it.

important information almost freely given to readers by the master of the "pushing your chi from 10 feet to knock over the video boxes". very informative. extremely cheap. instant delivery. i used kindle. and i want a hard copy of the book to keep. just in case those secret government or some hacker blow up my comp. it happens a few times already.

• Like 1

Just finished the book. It was a good travel guide for visiting Bali and Indonesia. Not so much about mopai, merely accusations against other members which we don't know if they stand or not. He poses himself as the only hard working member, while the other westerners were lazy. He jumps from one theme to another, just like reading his personal notes. We learned about hookers in Indonesia, satay ayam, and his personal biblical beliefs about nei kung and God.

• Like 1

"Yin qi" could be referring to "true water within the vapor" or 'li'. Or could be referring to earth energy. Or like you said, the saliva mixed with oxygen swallowed to the lower dan.

I guess the only people that can tell what exactly "yin qi" is in the Mo Pai system are the Mo Pai dudes.

"true water within the vapor" is a fair way to describe where it hides -at least one of the places..

Vapor from fire and water.. so, vapor is super small spheres of water.. what is the absolute smallest size water vapor particle? the "true water" comes from this. Water is H and O ..true water in the vapor that comes from untrue water -H2O ..so taking away the O leaves no water and taking away one H leaves? The mind draws a hard line between matter and energy. It's the wave vers. particle, polarity-conflict Chi has a body -an actual form. It's transitional and exists occasionally both as wave and particle.This is why it gets described in many substances in the earth and body: saliva, semen, urine, dung/earth (gold) thunder etc. it blinks in and out of our polarized dimension simply because we believe it. Our brains make it when we're full of joy, haha.

=.- Taoists called it gold

This is so delightful reading this book! i'm in the middle of it! A moving account of a sincere being. Will be back with feedback once i finish reading it!!

And for those that ask about the (most essential) Yin part of Mo Pai:

this is (as far as my feeling goes) NOT the "yin chi" of chi-gong.

It is rather what the peoples from my family call--

The Enrgy Body.

The energy body joins the energy field of the everyday body through the Pirineum. In our tradition we say that a lifetime achievement is when a practitioner succeeds to join the Energy Body and its Twin (the everyday body) as a SINGLE UNIT. When this is done a man becomes a SEER--sees energy as it directly flows in the universe. The Energy Body is a field, an "environment" of sorts that vibrates differently from anything in the everyday world--even Time passes differently in this field. They told us for decades that once this Energy Twin of us is accessed and surfaces in the everyday world anything is possible--this field becomes a vehicule/environment for forces to be projected, will and intent to be applied in a non-linear way that defies the rules of the solid world.

Those Seers told us that since this Energy Body (think MoPai Yin, not chigong yin) vibrates with a different rate than the energy field of the everyday world and body (think Yang) then something as a current/draft can be created when compressing or mixing these two together, the way when two rooms with different air pressures/temperatures create current of air when joined through opening a door in the middle.

Those Seers say that when they see the totality of man as pure energy they see the energy field of the ordinary body as a sphere and then the energy field of the Energy Body Twin BELOW it as another sphere, starting from the middle of the body down. Those two spheres are compressed togethr to form an oval unit, however...everyday man rarely, or never, accesses the lower sphere (energy body) consciously, let alone to compress it with the field of the everyday body as a single, conscious unit.

In sleep, extreme events however, when the inner chatter is shut and the "world stops" then there is a space for the energy body to surface sometimes and some out of ordinary deeds are performed beyond the understanding of the experiencer... What keeps the energy body at bay are several factors, one of which is the fact that all of the energy man has is spent on selfconcern-related worries and inner chatter dialogue. The moment this dialogue is suspended, the moment the vibrations of the Energy Body suddenly can find 'space' and be felt. It is enough to think all the time and not breathe to never ever feel ANY vibratory feeling of the energy body.

The seers say that when the two bodies join (and some of you have felt this already!) there is a third force that IMMEDIATELY kicks inbetween them: the vibratory force of Intent. Intent is a conscious abstract force that pervades everything through the universe into Infinity, some call it God... When we overcome our endless being consumed by "me" and our two energy bodies join together in a single unit, then our individual intent starts to merge with Gods intent and we become players and actors of the impulses of Infinity, fulfilling its designs (instead of turning in endless routine day after day). There are forces that have rendered us sedate and docile and peevish, ever divided, and this state keeps the two bodies at bay unable to merge. The two bodies merge through a window of the pirineum, a window of critical ammount of inner silence/breath, etc...

I'm only very very excite to share this (though some may be familiar with those Seers' views and practices) because nothing in the world comes as close to those Seers practices & views as Nei Gong. Now i understand why this seer woman was talking to us some 20 years ago about Nei Gong (and she didn't just mean "something eastern chi-gongish-like). Anyways talk to you laters friends, will be happy to share feedback from the book once i have finished reading!

energbody.jpg

• Like 2

This is so delightful reading this book! i'm in the middle of it! A moving account of a sincere being. Will be back with feedback once i finish reading it!!

And for those that ask about the (most essential) Yin part of Mo Pai:

this is (as far as my feeling goes) NOT the "yin chi" of chi-gong.

It is rather what the peoples from my family call--

The Enrgy Body.

The energy body joins the energy field of the everyday body through the Pirineum. In our tradition we say that a lifetime achievement is when a practitioner succeeds to join the Energy Body and its Twin (the everyday body) as a SINGLE UNIT. When this is done a man becomes a SEER--sees energy as it directly flows in the universe. The Energy Body is a field, an "environment" of sorts that vibrates differently from anything in the everyday world--even Time passes differently in this field. They told us for decades that once this Energy Twin of us is accessed and surfaces in the everyday world anything is possible--this field becomes a vehicule/environment for forces to be projected, will and intent to be applied in a non-linear way that defies the rules of the solid world.

Those Seers told us that since this Energy Body (think MoPai Yin, not chigong yin) vibrates with a different rate than the energy field of the everyday world and body (think Yang) then something as a current/draft can be created when compressing or mixing these two together, the way when two rooms with different air pressures/temperatures create current of air when joined through opening a door in the middle.

Those Seers say that when they see the totality of man as pure energy they see the energy field of the ordinary body as a sphere and then the energy field of the Energy Body Twin BELOW it as another sphere, starting from the middle of the body down. Those two spheres are compressed togethr to form an oval unit, however...everyday man rarely, or never, accesses the lower sphere (energy body) consciously, let alone to compress it with the field of the everyday body as a single, conscious unit.

In sleep, extreme events however, when the inner chatter is shut and the "world stops" then there is a space for the energy body to surface sometimes and some out of ordinary deeds are performed beyond the understanding of the experiencer... What keeps the energy body at bay are several factors, one of which is the fact that all of the energy man has is spent on selfconcern-related worries and inner chatter dialogue. The moment this dialogue is suspended, the moment the vibrations of the Energy Body suddenly can find 'space' and be felt. It is enough to think all the time and not breathe to never ever feel ANY vibratory feeling of the energy body.

The seers say that when the two bodies join (and some of you have felt this already!) there is a third force that IMMEDIATELY kicks inbetween them: the vibratory force of Intent. Intent is a conscious abstract force that pervades everything through the universe into Infinity, some call it God... When we overcome our endless being consumed by "me" and our two energy bodies join together in a single unit, then our individual intent starts to merge with Gods intent and we become players and actors of the impulses of Infinity, fulfilling its designs (instead of turning in endless routine day after day). There are forces that have rendered us sedate and docile and peevish, ever divided, and this state keeps the two bodies at bay unable to merge. The two bodies merge through a window of the pirineum, a window of critical ammount of inner silence/breath, etc...

I'm only very very excite to share this (though some may be familiar with those Seers' views and practices) because nothing in the world comes as close to those Seers practices & views as Nei Gong. Now i understand why this seer woman was talking to us some 20 years ago about Nei Gong (and she didn't just mean "something eastern chi-gongish-like). Anyways talk to you laters friends, will be happy to share feedback from the book once i have finished reading!

Do you mind sharing with us the kind of practice that you follow?

Thank you.

Do you mind sharing with us the kind of practice that you follow?

Thank you.

I am assuming its a Toltec tradition, and look forward to hearing more as well :)

I recently received the book, im halfway and eager to read the rest :)

Edited by minkus
  • Like 1

I am assuming its a Toltec tradition, and look forward to hearing more as well :)

yes it seems so, apparently even more recent developments of the energetic principles of that particular philosophy

cc, cleargreen & comp have been poorely represented here, so i'm happy :)

I found the book to be an entertaining read, and I think Jim was expressing his honest feelings. Do I agree with everything he wrote? No but what difference does it make. The most important thing I got out of it is that I question whether John is even legit anymore. I am starting to really think the reason he closed the system is because Jim and Kosta were getting to the point where John couldn't BS them about higher levels anymore. First Jim doubted the X-ray of his dantien was real. That always struck me as really questionable too. Then other things started to increase my suspicion like his cutting the banana inside the peel and his explanation that the peel is more porous. Not only does that explanation not make sense, but it brought to mind an old parlor trick that I remember as a kid where you create that effect using a fine needle and thread (see below). Then there's the pellet gun shot. Jim says he felt absolutely nothing, then after looking around they find the crushed pellet on the floor. Perhaps the reason Jim felt nothing was because the gun was empty and the mashed up pellet was either placed earlier or palmed and dropped. This begs the question that if John is some super human, why can most of what he does be boiled down to parlor tricks? Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. It kills me to write this because I really wanted John to be the real deal, but now I doubt it.

• Like 1

The system is only closed to westerners.

If you think it's bogus you can test out the meditation and verify it's legitimacy for yourself.

Easy Peasy.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

The system is only closed to westerners.

If you think it's bogus you can test out the meditation and verify it's legitimacy for yourself.

Easy Peasy.

Hi Matt,

Don't get me wrong, I think the underlying neigong system is real and I have experienced my fair share of weird shit. It is some of John's "abilities" that I am starting to question (and I hope I'm wrong).Look at the last video Blair took. Why couldn't he push the chopstick through the table top? As for the Indonesians, I know it's just innuendo, but they don't sound like a very dedicated bunch. And still none have reached lvel 4.

Hi Matt,

Don't get me wrong, I think the underlying neigong system is real and I have experienced my fair share of weird shit. It is some of John's "abilities" that I am starting to question (and I hope I'm wrong).Look at the last video Blair took. Why couldn't he push the chopstick through the table top? As for the Indonesians, I know it's just innuendo, but they don't sound like a very dedicated bunch. And still none have reached lvel 4.

The kicker is modern life and it's distractions.

Would you dedicate every waking moment to training for 20 years+

Not to knock J.C. but if he didn't have a business and family he could have easily been more advanced than his master even right now. The cost of this art is every waking second you can spare to it, those who give up more, gain more. I am working a lot to try and get a camper, and a well and septic tank on my property now. When I've done that, that's the end of the road for me. I will be living on a part time job, and shopping only at dollar stores, and thrift stores for my needs. I will be living with almost no money. I plan on staying this way till my death, focusing only on training. The only reason I can see myself working more than part time would be to save up for books/dvds/materials if some new teacher comes on the scene.

Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too. The reason people aren't advancing isn't the fault of the system itself, its the distractions of modern life.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 4