Thunder_Gooch

Released: Seeking the Master of Mo Pai: Adventures with John Chang by Jim McMillan

Aren't those instructions from that "anti-christ training manual"

yes this is from the anti-christ training manual, just more bs some loser made up in his parents basement like 99% of all the other newage qigong training books available on the market.

• Like 5

Actually, it is very easy to charge up with the breath(Chi can be built this way), you don't require sexual energy; eggs or sperms to make it so, but the Jing element needs to be there. in retrospect, if your healthy I don't see how the Jing element could be missing.

I do it fairly easily, to where I can be felt by non cultivators, as a near complete beginner.

Beam me up, Scotty!

This book is quite poorly written, even Kostas' books are a much better read.. This one is close to painful. Then again we are dealing with a practitioner and not a real author. I have the Kindle version BTW.

• Like 2

This book is quite poorly written, even Kostas' books are a much better read.. This one is close to painful. Then again we are dealing with a practitioner and not a real author. I have the Kindle version BTW.

I skipped past the rants on god, pseudo science and complaining about people :D :D. But it was still worth the read.

• Like 2

As I haven't red the book yet I have no opinion on it,but I am very curius to see his point of view.I don't expect to see written any "mystic technics".15 $ are just two beers so why not?

There are a lot of ways to approach or to react in his decision to write a book right now.Is it a way for attracting "clients"?Is it just his testemony about his experiences that wants to share?Only he knows.

As it concerns on the ethics or the morality behind his decision I believe he knows better than we do.

I have to remark one two things.

1)Level 1 exercise is very simple and common.It is harmless connected with well being and prop ably most practioners in other systems are practicing the same exercise with a differend name.Although it is remain a "secret"of the system so actually except given form John Chang no one knows if this exercise is the correct one or not.

2)The only person that 100% is able to tell you if you finish Level 1 is John Chang with a specific examination.the others can only speculate .And now the crucial question.What gonna happened if let's say you are only 80% full and start practicing level 2? You will achieve the same qualities ? You are gonna destroy your Dan Tien?e.t.c?Remember level 2 is a differend story,needs monitoring from J..C on regular basis as it's connected with power and not well being.

3)According the highest information source "There is no Westerner more than level 2".Now if you are starting playing with number and letters and you make 2b 3a that's another story.So either J.C is lying for his own purposes eg discourage people to seek for level 3 exercise ,or some people have fake expectations ...

Jim says somewhere I can't recall where that somehow he can find a way to continue with further research,and I can't find something bad on this.He had been devoted on it it is his right to do whatever he believes will make him go one step further.

Warning: Although most of the systems have similar methods with the mo-pai it seems that these methods are not compatible with the mo-pai methods.I am familiar with one case of one person that tried to mix the methods with almost fatal results.Entering uncharted waters hide a lot of dangers.

As for me I am waiting for the book to be delivered and I am sour that I will enjoy it if it contains what the title describes.

• Like 3

Aren't those instructions from that "anti-christ training manual"

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/13170-sifu-andreas-oldnew-infomo-paijohn-chang/page__pid__195072__st__64entry195072

So the "anti-christ training manual"? I was discussed previously here. Thanks.

Anyway I remember when I first recommended "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" and Sean Denty and others said it was too dangerous a book so people shouldn't read it! haha. But I can assure you that the level I got to that book was indeed dangerous!! I accidentally pulled this old lady's spirit right out of her head without touching her and she bawled non-stop for at least 15 minutes. It felt like this heavy electromagnetic blog == then I remembered Chunyi Lin saying never to pull energy blockages out of the top of the center of the head. I didn't realize my strength of chi compared to her little weak body. Still when I saw her next she smiled -- because she realized I had good intentions and as Yan Xin says the energy is "bidirectional" -- you just reverse the "yi" intention of what just happened.

So I still stand on the sex energy deal -- it's the main emphasis of "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" -- of course there's a lot of denial about the need to build up the jing energy and to convert it to chi -- to be celibate and to control nocturnal emissions, etc. Especially considering the West is based on the OPPOSITE -- everything about how "sex sells" and it's all geared toward the male external ejaculation.

So in "Taoist Yoga" it states that the planets are analogies for the internal organs -- so for example the sun and the moon are really the liver and lung energy as reflected from the eyes. I'm still studying Taoist Yoga but I just mention that to give an example that relying on taking in the Earth's yin energy seems like a misunderstanding to me. For example during my last phone healing from Chunyi Lin he said that it was good that I did pineal gland transmissions but that until I stored the chi in my lower tan tien then the transmissions would be weak -- even though they give females climaxes at a distance. haha. So I can do minor healing but until I store up my chi energy in the lower tan tien then the power will be weak. I knew this from experience as my chi power was much stronger when I had stored it up -- but then I was being chased by females and also the male pervs in the city. So it is very difficult to store up the chi power just because other people want it so bad. I think this is why Master Lin focuses on healing others -- since it's practically inevitable if you try to store up your chi energy in the "mundane" environment. This is why John Chang goes into the jungle.

I was still wondering if when John Chang returned to the jungle for deep meditation -- did he bring his wife with him? I mean it is possible to also suck off the extra female jing energy since that is lower emotional energy that the female normally does not know how to ionize or purify into chi energy through meditation. So it's better for the yogi to take in the extra female jing energy -- but at the same time the female will want the extra chi energy of the male. haha.

As I haven't red the book yet I have no opinion on it,but I am very curius to see his point of view.I don't expect to see written any "mystic technics".15 $ are just two beers so why not?

There are a lot of ways to approach or to react in his decision to write a book right now.Is it a way for attracting "clients"?Is it just his testemony about his experiences that wants to share?Only he knows.

As it concerns on the ethics or the morality behind his decision I believe he knows better than we do.

I have to remark one two things.

1)Level 1 exercise is very simple and common.It is harmless connected with well being and prop ably most practioners in other systems are practicing the same exercise with a differend name.Although it is remain a "secret"of the system so actually except given form John Chang no one knows if this exercise is the correct one or not.

2)The only person that 100% is able to tell you if you finish Level 1 is John Chang with a specific examination.the others can only speculate .And now the crucial question.What gonna happened if let's say you are only 80% full and start practicing level 2? You will achieve the same qualities ? You are gonna destroy your Dan Tien?e.t.c?Remember level 2 is a differend story,needs monitoring from J..C on regular basis as it's connected with power and not well being.

3)According the highest information source "There is no Westerner more than level 2".Now if you are starting playing with number and letters and you make 2b 3a that's another story.So either J.C is lying for his own purposes eg discourage people to seek for level 3 exercise ,or some people have fake expectations ...

Jim says somewhere I can't recall where that somehow he can find a way to continue with further research,and I can't find something bad on this.He had been devoted on it it is his right to do whatever he believes will make him go one step further.

Warning: Although most of the systems have similar methods with the mo-pai it seems that these methods are not compatible with the mo-pai methods.I am familiar with one case of one person that tried to mix the methods with almost fatal results.Entering uncharted waters hide a lot of dangers.

As for me I am waiting for the book to be delivered and I am sour that I will enjoy it if it contains what the title describes.

You bring up some excellent point and these are my concerns. People are wasting time and money in a system that has been shut down to the Western populace, Jim knows this so why is he still trying to make a buck? He can't tell if your dan tien is 10, 20, or even 90% full and thus has no idea if you'd be ready to move to the next level or not.

I guess people seem to have forgotten that practitioners have died doing these practices, is it really a surprise it's kept a secret? There have been complications when people perform the meditations correctly under a teacher, which Jim is not mind you.

I still have some of his emails in which he basically just talks trash about John Chang and that it's OK for him to teach. That sure as hell isn't the kind of guy I want as a teacher.

• Like 2

I think this is a Campbellian archetypal story within the human psyche, though. You could call it "Gold Fever" amplified by "Forbidden Fruit Syndrome" - where treasure hunters eventually get totally obsessed and consumed by the shadowy promise of a mysterious, elusive goal that always seems to lie just beyond their reach...

Such a fantastic goal is so psychologically seductive because it lies smack on the border between reality and imagination. Evidence is generally scant and open to interpretation, yet just promising enough to keep the appetite whetted for more. Sort of like blurry photos of Bigfoot. Previous failed attempts and bodycounts only seem to add to the allure. And the more you invest of yourself in the search, the less likely you are to give up with nothing to show for it.

Truth is, we all have some degree of "gold fever" here - as we are all panning for the TRUE gold - the immortalizing golden elixir (金丹) of Taoist legend...

And in the end, some people have even sacrificed their fortunes, sanity and lives for the Big Find. But, what is it exactly that they are truly even seeking?

At some point, is it even the potential value of the alleged treasure itself, or simply to know the unknown? To Know the Great Mystery?

Why did "The Secret" become such a worldwide hit? ...Would anyone have even been remotely interested had they simply labelled it "The Law Of Attraction" (a concept written about in the early 1900s by William Walker Atkinson {1862–1932}, in his book Thought Vibration or the Law of Attraction in the Thought World {1906})? :lol:

I understand all of this and don't want to come off as taking a higher moral ground - this is the first time (that I'm aware of) that a master of John Chang's caliber skills have been publicly displayed. It eases a rather large burden that we have when we sometimes ask ourselves "is this guy the real deal?"

My issue with all of it all is that the lineage is, effectively, dead for non-Chinese. You have one American who can't guarantee you progress, can't guarantee you'll come out OK (as in, you don't die), and is not even allowed to teach. Do you see where I'm going with this? The last time I spoke with Jim he himself was at a complete standstill and was looking for other teachers in China since he has nowhere to go.

I'd much rather study under a teacher that won't discriminate against me based on my race and will allow me to progress as much as I can, based on my own dedication and merit. If this was my highest priority at this point it'd be Wang Liping.

Edited by mantis

Sorry that's a bunch of BS someone made up, the level 1 and 2 methods have been posted here before here on thetaobums in plain sight even. Also if you take a longmenpai seminar you will learn the same exercises contained in level 1, and an exercise similar to level 2a in some ways. Also it's not like Jim didn't leave his email address here on thetaobums for people to contact him or anything.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/16577-any-bums-want-to-split-the-cost-of-the-supposed-mo-pai-manual-with-me/

So here you More Pie Guy are freaking to buy the "real" Mo Pi book... but then it fell through and now you say that the "real" level 1 and 2 methods "have been posted here before" but you haven't given a link.

Buah. Buah. Ha!

I find it hilarious that people go out of their way to hide information. If you know where it was already posted then why not give the link?

I mean it's just a "book" -- I realize in the above link I give where you try to organize a "group" buy of the book -- people state that you are not supposed to read the book until you've reached the next level of training.

I mean I understand that type of approach if a person is in the middle of doing serious training under the guidance of a master -- but just reading a book without being committed to the training is a totally different thing. It's no big deal to just read a book -- but then people easily get superstitious I guess. haha.

Wow the Mo Pai students get shot at and have to stop it with their chi? Here's Jim saying he was shot at and the pellet was smashed -- from five feet away but the gun wasn't pumped up to strong level? Anyone want to clarify this? thanks. Oh Jim discusses it more later in that thread. Then he says how Master Chang was working on levitation and after two weeks of serious meditation could jump over a house.

Yeah Chunyi Lin said he once levitated -- spiraling up nine feet while he was in full lotus next to a pine tree in the mountains in China. But he said you have to do long deep meditation to be able to levitate.

http://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-289.html

All of them failed when they were supposed to push a chop stick threw a piece of board. I can say that all the things Kosta said about Pak John's abilities are completely true. Lawrence Blair's second documentary included my testing whenI was shot and moved boxes from a distance, etc.

However, Kosta got it wrong on many things, people don't die from incorrect third level training. He also didn't realize that only dedicated students Pak John liked would test them at ten times their arm length...Kosta said two other students were tested at five. This is because he knows who is truly a dedicated student. He also mentioned that his pellet didn't get smashed when he was shot, it was because low level students don't get the rifle pumped up as much as when a higher student performs. My pellets were literally smashed. I had to laugh at his concepts why his wasn't. I guess he likes to over-intellectualize eveything...didn't you get that impression from his book?

Edited by fulllotus

More on the "secrecy" of the Mo Pai book -- Even John Chang didn't read it properly! (according to Sean Denty).... http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/3817-thunder-and-lightning-breathing-or-meditation/page__st__20

Ah so More_Pie_Guy -- thks for saying Spring Forest Qigong covers the same as Mo Pai Level 1 and 2? I mean I would figure that is the case, since like I said it seems the same as "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortlity"

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/10372-sos-mjj-becker/page__p__125512__fromsearch__1entry125512

No actually all he gave me was some basic information on meditation, and that was it, the rest of my knowledge came from other individuals. Everything he taught me is covered somewhere in the Spring Forest Qigong Course, so I don't see how he could have violated any oath helping others meditate correctly, but whatever you believe is fine

Yeah so MJjbecker has deleted all his posts on John Chang? Or.... anywho. haha.

Still fun to dig through thetaobums on the john chang saga.

Edited by fulllotus

It appears that out of sheer desperation, people's gullibility become heightened.

Stopping bullets? C'mon.... :blink:

It takes most people their whole lives just to come to the simple acceptance that there ain't no free lunch. By then, its almost time to start planning out how best to write one's epitaph in as dignified a manner as possible...

:lol:

• Like 2

I think all of you guys except for Sloppy are talking out of your asses.

Who are you going to believe? Deanty? Verdesi? Some fraudulent "antichrist training manual" that Drew is posting out of?

None of us here have any real information regarding mo pai whatsoever. And the few things that we do have seem to be from people who all have their own biases, their own "gimmick", their own desires and beliefs that twist everything around. Andreas called himself "Sifu" without even becoming a 4th level. Kostas says he has "extraordinary abilities" and sells a book. Verdesi and Sean wanted all your cold hard cash. Jim's a holy roller who insists on his own teacher being involved with "demons". You're telling me all the things that everyone has said about this is 100% real?

How many people have died doing this? Do you know any? Who said so? Are they 100% infallible? Have they asked for your money? Can anyone prove anything here? Medical records? Obituary articles? Pictures with John?

You see, everyone here is just spouting out stuff that they heard from someone else, who also "heard" from someone else. Remember that game where there is a line of people, and the goal of the game is to relay a message from one end to the other without distorting in the least the original message? Know how hard that game is? This is whats happening here. No one here knows anything and is capable of making any judgment on anything here whatsoever. Everybody thinks they know something.

None of us are mopai students of John I am willing to bet. None of us here have talked with John personally. And people are going to make judgment calls on John, or Jim, or some theoretical spirit? please people, you're not involved in this thing in the slightest, you only think you are. You are not in the slightest involved with the real student to master relationship that "being involved" requires. If you want to make a judgment call on anything, then learn your facts first. Go to Indonesia and find John if you really need answers. That is the only real way to cut through the BS and get down to the real nitty gritty. Because I guarantee you unless you talk to John, you don't know squat.

Edited by Kali Yuga
  • Like 6

Answering an offensive post is the beginning of a useless conversation,but as I am not Sloppy let's talk once more "through my ass".

Although Jim is questioned about his ethics,that doesn't mean that he is not a fucking unbelievable nei Kung practioner.Never met him but John Chang described me the story that one day as he was testing him he missed his target(Jim)',and destroyed ,(explode)'a glass or a surface of glass,I can recall exactly.Costa when he stopes was at a similar power level.

These two they don't failed they just be stopped,and that's only in level 2.

Si-Fu gave me the level 2 in this small accupanture office of his sirca 2000 after that I had finished level 1 that I was practicing from 1996.I was visiting Si-Fu from 1998 to 2002 15 days every six months.My heart is foul of gratitude for this man that help my family without asking a single penny.

This is the reason that I am curius about Jim's book and I can admit no happy about his choice to teach.

So you don't want to bet ,you ara gonna loose.

Yours Chen.

• Like 2

It appears that out of sheer desperation, people's gullibility become heightened.

Stopping bullets? C'mon.... :blink:

It takes most people their whole lives just to come to the simple acceptance that there ain't no free lunch. By then, its almost time to start planning out how best to write one's epitaph in as dignified a manner as possible...

:lol:

Well actually it's a B-B gun -- and John Chang does stop it in his vid footage. Then Jim says that for Level 3 he was supposed to put the chopstick through the table -- and John Chang ALSO did this in the vid as a demonstration. So it appears John Chang was doing demonstrations that he wanted his students to do as well.

I was shot by a B-B gun -- and i stopped it -- Jim says how he had a headache. So did I and I screamed out when it hit me. But otherwise I was not injured. Still I had two winter hats on. haha. I doubt much of my qi energy saved me but I suppose it helped.

I combined posts to save space, go look and quit whining.

The mo pai book was a scam, sorry I got duped. Had it been real I would have made sure everyone that everyone that wanted a copy would have gotten a copy of it at a price split x number ways from the original purchase price.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/16577-any-bums-want-to-split-the-cost-of-the-supposed-mo-pai-manual-with-me/

So here you More Pie Guy are freaking to buy the "real" Mo Pi book... but then it fell through and now you say that the "real" level 1 and 2 methods "have been posted here before" but you haven't given a link.

Buah. Buah. Ha!

I find it hilarious that people go out of their way to hide information. If you know where it was already posted then why not give the link?

I mean it's just a "book" -- I realize in the above link I give where you try to organize a "group" buy of the book -- people state that you are not supposed to read the book until you've reached the next level of training.

I mean I understand that type of approach if a person is in the middle of doing serious training under the guidance of a master -- but just reading a book without being committed to the training is a totally different thing. It's no big deal to just read a book -- but then people easily get superstitious I guess. haha.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

I believe all the teachings from level 1 are covered in spring forest qigong, although they are spread out and unconnected in the SFQ training material.

Also contained in longmen pai.

Ah so More_Pie_Guy -- thks for saying Spring Forest Qigong covers the same as Mo Pai Level 1 and 2? I mean I would figure that is the case, since like I said it seems the same as "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortlity"

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/10372-sos-mjj-becker/page__p__125512__fromsearch__1entry125512

Yeah so MJjbecker has deleted all his posts on John Chang? Or.... anywho. haha.

Still fun to dig through thetaobums on the john chang saga.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

MPG has become the new sean denty :lol:

**** Moderator Message *****

Joining TTBs with the sole purpose of attacking another member is not ok. Our checks indicate that Nutcracker is a pseudonym for another already banned member. Nutcracker is banned also.

Apech for Mod Team

**** Mod Message Ends *****

• Like 5

hows it goin, Chen.

it is great that you are sharing your experiences with Master John on the bums. could you share on the bums more of your experiences with master john on this thread? would love to hear your story.

Answering an offensive post is the beginning of a useless conversation,but as I am not Sloppy let's talk once more "through my ass".

Although Jim is questioned about his ethics,that doesn't mean that he is not a fucking unbelievable nei Kung practioner.Never met him but John Chang described me the story that one day as he was testing him he missed his target(Jim)',and destroyed ,(explode)'a glass or a surface of glass,I can recall exactly.Costa when he stopes was at a similar power level.

These two they don't failed they just be stopped,and that's only in level 2.

Si-Fu gave me the level 2 in this small accupanture office of his sirca 2000 after that I had finished level 1 that I was practicing from 1996.I was visiting Si-Fu from 1998 to 2002 15 days every six months.My heart is foul of gratitude for this man that help my family without asking a single penny.

This is the reason that I am curius about Jim's book and I can admit no happy about his choice to teach.

So you don't want to bet ,you ara gonna loose.

Yours Chen.

Edited by kundalini