Thunder_Gooch

Released: Seeking the Master of Mo Pai: Adventures with John Chang by Jim McMillan

I'm clearly going against the grain here but I think this guy is a douche bag. For whatever reason your teacher doesn't want to teach you anymore (it's not as if he was under obligation to do so) and you turn around and defy his wishes and publish a book?

Come on now. It makes it really difficult for us to say that not all Westerners are the same but the fact this guy is building rapport on this forum really confuses and irritates me .

• Like 2

I'm clearly going against the grain here but I think this guy is a douche bag. For whatever reason your teacher doesn't want to teach you anymore (it's not as if he was under obligation to do so) and you turn around and defy his wishes and publish a book?

Come on now. It makes it really difficult for us to say that not all Westerners are the same but the fact this guy is building rapport on this forum really confuses and irritates me .

So you wouldn't mind if you had searched 2 years to meet someone, practiced hard every day at this system which you couldn't find anywhere else, built a father like relationship with your master only to find he can't teach you because of an angry spirit!

I would be pissed off BIG time, especially considering he was one of the highest level students, nothing to do with dedication, just his race!

He's not giving out teaching instructions in the book so there's no illusions to practicing the complete levels from it.

Nevertheless i can't speak for him or his personality, just it sucks what happened to him and i'm glad he's at least sharing his journey.

• Like 1

So you wouldn't mind if you had searched 2 years to meet someone, practiced hard every day at this system which you couldn't find anywhere else, built a father like relationship with your master only to find he can't teach you because of an angry spirit!

I would be pissed off BIG time, especially considering he was one of the highest level students, nothing to do with dedication, just his race!

He's not giving out teaching instructions in the book so there's no illusions to practicing the complete levels from it.

Nevertheless i can't speak for him or his personality, just it sucks what happened to him and i'm glad he's at least sharing his journey.

The fact you'd be pissed off about this speaks volumes of your character. John Chang took a gamble by accepting Jim as a student since his lineage doesn't allow non-Chinese students, his teacher found out and he had to cut the cord, plain and simple.

The Mo Pai isn't the only path, far from it. The teachings of the Mo Pai are secret and Jim isn't qualified to teach, all this book is going to do is motivate people to contact him to become his student (where he will then charge you $300 or more).

This door closed long ago, I don't see what's so interesting or fascinating about it really.

• Like 3

The Mo Pai isn't the only path, far from it.

This door closed long ago, I don't see what's so interesting or fascinating about it really.

Because one day someone released a documentary of a man lighting newspaper on fire with his hands, shocking people, moving things without touching them, etc etc.

People can SAY "oh there is more than one path", but the reason people keep coming back and asking about Mo Pai is because a representative came forward and said "here, watch me do something, this is what I do, and this is how you can do it too!"

So even though he stepped back (which is of course his prerogative to do so), people are STILL on the lookout for what can actually get them some tangible RESULTS!

Oh sure, a greater sense of well-being and happiness is all well and good. But let's not fool ourselves- people want exotic, mystical secrets of the orient that will bring magic in their lives and open them up to something that they don't get every day, and certainly not something they could get at their local strip mall.

If masters really want to change the world by leaps and bounds, if they want to create a quantum leap in human consciousness, if they want to turn people on to the path, if they want to spread their teachings to as many people possible, the ones who can should step out and actually DO something!!! Find a camera and do it. Find a public access television network and show your stuff. Get on the local news and blow the anchors away. Get in front of some university scientists and show them that you can break their theory!

That will get the ball seriously rolling.

If you don't believe that, I present to you exhibit A- the Mo Pai phenomenon.

• Like 6

The fact you'd be pissed off about this speaks volumes of your character. John Chang took a gamble by accepting Jim as a student since his lineage doesn't allow non-Chinese students, his teacher found out and he had to cut the cord, plain and simple.

The Mo Pai isn't the only path, far from it. The teachings of the Mo Pai are secret and Jim isn't qualified to teach, all this book is going to do is motivate people to contact him to become his student (where he will then charge you $300 or more).

And that tells me you have no empathy, or have never worked hard for anything?

I honestly don't get how you don't understand that searching for and training many many years for something real, then having all posibilities of continuing vanish is something upsetting.

So what if people come to him for teaching he can just deny them. Of course it's wrong for him to teach the lineage as he isn't permitted.

Because one day someone released a documentary of a man lighting newspaper on fire with his hands, shocking people, moving things without touching them, etc etc.

People can SAY "oh there is more than one path", but the reason people keep coming back and asking about Mo Pai is because a representative came forward and said "here, watch me do something, this is what I do, and this is how you can do it too!"

So even though he stepped back (which is of course his prerogative to do so), people are STILL on the lookout for what can actually get them some tangible RESULTS!

Oh sure, a greater sense of well-being and happiness is all well and good. But let's not fool ourselves- people want exotic, mystical secrets of the orient that will bring magic in their lives and open them up to something that they don't get every day, and certainly not something they could get at their local strip mall.

If masters really want to change the world by leaps and bounds, if they want to create a quantum leap in human consciousness, if they want to turn people on to the path, if they want to spread their teachings to as many people possible, the ones who can should step out and actually DO something!!! Find a camera and do it. Find a public access television network and show your stuff. Get on the local news and blow the anchors away. Get in front of some university scientists and show them that you can break their theory!

That will get the ball seriously rolling.

If you don't believe that, I present to you exhibit A- the Mo Pai phenomenon.

I don't know which documentary you saw but the one I watched mentioned that he was very, very pissed off about that being shown to the public. It was far from an exhibit as you so calmly put it. The rest of your post is just basic Western-entitlement speech. There are lineages you will never be accepted into just because you're not Chinese, deal with it.

And that tells me you have no empathy, or have never worked hard for anything?

I honestly don't get how you don't understand that searching for and training many many years for something real, then having all posibilities of continuing vanish is something upsetting.

So what if people come to him for teaching he can just deny them. Of course it's wrong for him to teach the lineage as he isn't permitted.

He knew he was taking a gamble the second he boarded a plane to Indonesia. The second part of your post is just outright nonsense - he IS accepting students and that's all this book is intended for, to farm more gullible people into paying him money. Jim himself is stuck at level 3 or 4 or whatever for eternity so I really don't understand why anyone would study under him since they will never amount to much, if anything at all.

There is a legit Taoist master publicly accepting students from any corner of the Earth (Wang Liping, in case you aren't aware) for a reasonable price but people still want to dabble with what they're not allowed to. I'm baffled.

• Like 3

I don't know which documentary you saw but the one I watched mentioned that he was very, very pissed off about that being shown to the public.

When did I say he wasn't?

This is exactly what I said:

"Because one day someone released a documentary of a man lighting newspaper on fire with his hands, shocking people, moving things without touching them, etc etc."

It was far from an exhibit as you so calmly put it.

It was exactly what.

The rest of your post is just basic Western-entitlement speech.

Actually, no, it isn't. Every master has a right to teach or not teach as they see fit. Here is exactly what I said:

"So even though he stepped back (which is of course his prerogative to do so), people are STILL on the lookout for what can actually get them some tangible RESULTS!"

I make no comment, positive or negative, about your so-called "Western entitlement" which leads people to STILL search for him even though he exercised his right to retreat back into anonymity.

I am merely observing what, in my opinion, is the reason why so many people are STILL after Mo Pai even after the master and many students have repeated over and over and over again about not teaching- the fact that there is some promise of tangible, physical, objectively verifiable RESULTS should one train in that style!!!

What other style has promised that AND shows a video of a master actually performing it???

Which again brings me to my same point- if masters really want to change the world, if they really want to get people to start thinking that more is possible beyond what our everyday experiences would tell us, if they want people to think on another level, they need to examine what it is about Mo Pai that is STILL getting people interested in it:

1) Evidence (scant though it may be)

2) Promise of tangible results

but people still want to dabble with what they're not allowed to. I'm baffled.

Because there ain't a video of Wang Liping lighting shit on fire with his hands and saying "you can do it too"!!!!!

It ain't that hard to understand.

• Like 2

I'm disappointed that the actual methods haven't been shared in full.

I know it's a lot to expect, but if the training of Mo Pai is actually unique (different from other schools of alchemy), then there is the possibility that it can disappear from history.

• Like 1

I'm disappointed that the actual methods haven't been shared in full.

I know it's a lot to expect, but if the training of Mo Pai is actually unique (different from other schools of alchemy), then there is the possibility that it can disappear from history.

http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2011/12/how-to-train-in-john-changs-lineage.html

LEVEL ONE: Sit on the floor (outside would be better) and cross your feet in the Lotus position (left leg under right thigh and right leg on top of the left thigh) if you can’t do this just cross your legs (Half Lotus) Calm your mind and Meditate. Put your left hand under your Dantian like your cupping it and lay your right hand inside that one and make sure the thumbs touch. Make sure your spine and head are straight. The goal is to fill the Dantian with Yang Chi. Master Chang says Meditation is when you are not awakre of anything. It is like being between awake and sleep. No focal points nothing.

Master Chang says that it takes 81 hours of complete Meditation to fill the Dantian and that the average person who sits in Meditation only achieves true Meditation three minutes out of every hour.

So the more you practice the better you’ll get. If you stay up 24 hours straight and then try to stay awake and Meditate you will get some good results. ( I tried it)

The legs are crossed to cut off certain energy ducts in the body called Nadis and the Yang Chi is rerouted to the Dantian. Master Chang use his energy to see how full your Dantian is. I suggest that you ask your God to help and guide you with this because the more you meditate the easier it will become.

LEVEL TWO: In Level Two you have to compress the Yang Chi in your Dantian, pack it and make it hard. (Remember no sex!) Our sexual energy (semen) is transformed into a more powerful form of Yang Chi. In Sorcery I had always read that you should not have Sex before trying to conjure a Spirit because sex was “dirty.” This is not the case, not having Sex would give you enough Yang Chi to conjure the SPirit in question.

Take your Lotus Position and hand positions. Pull up your anus and genitals like your trying to keep from going to the bathroom and at the same time push down with your stomach muscles and focus on you Dantian with your eyes. This should be done for at least an hour a day or for as long it takes. Remember all bodies are different, for some it could be fast for others slow. When you feel like you have to have sex, move to the Level Two position because the Semen is ready to be “Cooked.”

Take your positions. Inhale through the nose and pull in your stomach and feel your energy move from your testicles to your tale bone and up your back to the top of your head. Breath out through your nose and push your stomach and when doing this trace the energy down from your head until it reaches your Dantian.

Keep doing this until your Sexual sensation is gone and when it returns do it over until you get a ball like a mound in yur Dantian. Soon you will begin to develop marks in the center of both of your palms like burn marks. I tried this and recieved a bubble blister like from being burned. This is your Yang Chi pushing itself out of your body, because you have filled your entire system with it. Remember be patient and practice hard.

Some guys practice up to ten, fifteen years or more. They don’t live in the Unitied States where all you have to do is whine or take what you want. You can’t say I should have this because I’m white or I deserve this because I’m black. This is the only science on the planet were it can’t be given to you. You yourself have to work for it.

CAUTION

IF DONE WRONG THIS EXERCISE COULD INJURE YOUR ETHERIC BODY AND ITS PSYCHIC CAHNNELS AND THAT COULD RESULT IN THE DEATH OF YOUR SPIRITUAL AS WELL AS YOUR PHYSICAL BODY. AS I SAID BEFORE IF YOU BELIEVE THIS IS YOUR DESTINY THEN PROCEED.

LEVEL THREE: Sit in your lotus position and relax and focus.Breath in for six seconds ahold the breath for 33 seconds exhale for 12 seconds hold for 2 seconds.

Practice this for as long as you can, but at least three hours or more is te rule. The goal is rhythm so, try and keep the pace steady.

If you feel, you can go higher the better: 8 50 16 3

The goal is to push the energy in to the Sushumna located in the spine up to pierce the first Granthi and to move up to the Dantian. When the energy is made to flow through this Channel, it ceases to flow through the Ida (Yin Channel) and the Pingala (Yang channel) making them easy to break by making the Dan tian jump like you have the dry heaves. YOu break the Nadis’ in a criss cross fashion like an X.

When the first four are broken, you can move the Dantian like a rolling ball.These two Channels sit on either side of the Sushumna, the Ida on the left and the Pingala on the right. The books I found on the chakras say that the Ida and Pingala curve around each Chakra like figure eights. This is false because Chakra spin. It would seem that the two Channels would cross at each Chakra instead of going around them. Think about how hurricanes work, a cold and warm front even those Crop Circles work on the same principles. Two different energies one positive and one negative hit each other and are made to chase each other and spin.

The same thing happens whena tornado is formed so why not a chakra? The Ida is cook and the Pingala is HOt. This is just another case of people not understanding what they are reading or writing about and repeating what they have heard.

LEVEL FOUR: The rule is you can pass level four only ify ou have a yellow aura. Master Chang says that there arethre kinds of auras Black, Yellow and White. Black being evil and selfish. White being good and kind hearted. Yellow being at peace with the universe. You have to go out in seclusion to reach Level Four.

When you achieve Level Four you sever the Mingmen Nadi which is the last Nadi holding the Dantian in place. It goes down and gathers as much Yin as you have Yang Chi. The Two will rise together and you have to force them by your will to combine them in your Dantian.

Master Chang fainted twice trying to do this, but on the third time it was his. Look for different Tai Chi postures and movements and get to know your powers.

CONGRATULATION YOU HAVE JUST MOVED UP TO HOMO SAPIENS SUPERIOR. You are Immortal and you will retain your personality after death.

You will be able to Reincarnate when you wish and to a certain degree the laws of karma have no effect on you. You control the powers of the universe, and are A True Son of the Gods.

You will need this training because you don’t have to buy anything special to practice with. Yes you can practice in jail, outside, and under any circumstance.

No Spells, no Cnadles, no Incense, no Partner, no Money everything you need you were born with. If the time comes and you’re stripped of everything you own, this Power is still yours. This is your trump card. LEARN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN”

GOOD LUCK

Edited by fulllotus
  • Like 2

Thanks Drew. At least according to this book, those aren't the most accurate instructions. For instance, apparently in level one there is a specific way to collect yin qi which isn't disclosed.

Thanks Drew. At least according to this book, those aren't the most accurate instructions. For instance, apparently in level one there is a specific way to collect yin qi which isn't disclosed.

Yeah I know that the tongue to the roof of the mouth is considered crucial in the book "Taoist Yoga" -- to swallow the saliva as it forms and this will convert the generative fluid to generative force yin energy. I'm guessing because it has the yin spirit light energy in it from the brain....yeah and then the book "Embryonic Breathing" emphasizes this saliva swallowing after keeping the tongue to the roof of the mouth....http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2011/12/embryonic-breathing-book.html I have the link to the online book on my blog....

"Yin qi" could be referring to "true water within the vapor" or 'li'. Or could be referring to earth energy. Or like you said, the saliva mixed with oxygen swallowed to the lower dan.

I guess the only people that can tell what exactly "yin qi" is in the Mo Pai system are the Mo Pai dudes.

"Yin qi" could be referring to "true water within the vapor" or 'li'. Or could be referring to earth energy. Or like you said, the saliva mixed with oxygen swallowed to the lower dan.

I guess the only people that can tell what exactly "yin qi" is in the Mo Pai system are the Mo Pai dudes.

Well Scotty I was wondering that about John Chang -- whether he was taking in "Earth" energy or if he was relying on sublimating his sex energy. The above description I posted matches exactly what the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and immortality" teaches -- that only the sex energy is the real source of creating chi. That any type of meditation relying on taking in air as the source of chi - or something similar -- is wrong. Actually the breathing is to drive the sex fluids up the back -- so when we breath in it acts as the alchemical bellows -- the oxygen goes down, then the sex fluids go up the spine. The big point of "Taoist Yoga" is that too much meditation does not sublimate the sex fluids. So the secret is to RISE THE WATER so that the fire-heart energy can more easily get underneath it to create "steam" -- or the prenatal chi.

In my opinion what John Chang teaches is actually exactly the same as the book "Taoist Yoga" - because even that book says if you can't follow all the small universe steps then just make sure to get the fire underneath the water and to raise the water. Also the Embryonic book says that actually the "real" lower tan tien to store the chi is behind and below the stomach -- in fact it's the intestines. haha. This makes sense when Jim, the student of John Chang, says that when he was doing his telekinesis video to transmit the chi he literally had to feel like he was taking a crap. haha. But also he said John Chang used his energy to help Jim out -- so I think most of that telekinesis is actually John Chang's energy combined with Jims. That's fine -- I had minor telekinesis when I magnetized these quarters and they were moving up this metal box -- I had magnetized the whole metal box with my hands. haha.

Interesting read.

Disturbing that only Jim, despite acknowledging Pak John's far more extensive contact and experience with spirits, has the wisdom and discernment to say that Liao is really a "demon" Really? Despite Jim's neigong attainments, he seems to oversimplify the spirit world to a King James sunday school filter, everything not God is "the devil" - Jim seems quite intent on forcing his biblically interpreted viewpoint on different cultures, way out of context - power and spiritual knowledge are not mutually inclusive - this also comes out again when he dismisses the whole pursuit of nirvana in isolation, saying hermits are not serving mankind at all. How does he know that perhaps some of them are not having any impact on society? He's at least talking about them, no?

If Pak John is following the instructions of a "demon" and the specific path of power is from a "demon" then isn't Jim himself following a "demon" and doing black magic just by association? Interesting how he tries to reconcile this with his Christian beliefs.

R

• Like 4

Interesting read.

Disturbing that only Jim, despite acknowledging Pak John's far more extensive contact and experience with spirits, has the wisdom and discernment to say that Liao is really a "demon" Really? Despite Jim's neigong attainments, he seems to oversimplify the spirit world to a King James sunday school filter, everything not God is "the devil" - Jim seems quite intent on forcing his biblically interpreted viewpoint on different cultures, way out of context - power and spiritual knowledge are not mutually inclusive - this also comes out again when he dismisses the whole pursuit of nirvana in isolation, saying hermits are not serving mankind at all. How does he know that perhaps some of them are not having any impact on society? He's at least talking about them, no?

If Pak John is following the instructions of a "demon" and the specific path of power is from a "demon" then isn't Jim himself following a "demon" and doing black magic just by association? Interesting how he tries to reconcile this with his Christian beliefs.

Yeah I thought it was quite childish, his justifications were pretty silly too.

You retain your personality after level 4 right? The spirit can still be an ass, doesn't mean it's a demon.

Edited by Ish
  • Like 1

Sorry that's a bunch of BS someone made up, the level 1 and 2 methods have been posted here before here on thetaobums in plain sight even. Also if you take a longmenpai seminar you will learn the same exercises contained in level 1, and an exercise similar to level 2a in some ways. Also it's not like Jim didn't leave his email address here on thetaobums for people to contact him or anything.

http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2011/12/how-to-train-in-john-changs-lineage.html

LEVEL ONE: Sit on the floor (outside would be better) and cross your feet in the Lotus position (left leg under right thigh and right leg on top of the left thigh) if you can’t do this just cross your legs (Half Lotus) Calm your mind and Meditate. Put your left hand under your Dantian like your cupping it and lay your right hand inside that one and make sure the thumbs touch. Make sure your spine and head are straight. The goal is to fill the Dantian with Yang Chi. Master Chang says Meditation is when you are not awakre of anything. It is like being between awake and sleep. No focal points nothing.

Master Chang says that it takes 81 hours of complete Meditation to fill the Dantian and that the average person who sits in Meditation only achieves true Meditation three minutes out of every hour.

So the more you practice the better you’ll get. If you stay up 24 hours straight and then try to stay awake and Meditate you will get some good results. ( I tried it)

The legs are crossed to cut off certain energy ducts in the body called Nadis and the Yang Chi is rerouted to the Dantian. Master Chang use his energy to see how full your Dantian is. I suggest that you ask your God to help and guide you with this because the more you meditate the easier it will become.

LEVEL TWO: In Level Two you have to compress the Yang Chi in your Dantian, pack it and make it hard. (Remember no sex!) Our sexual energy (semen) is transformed into a more powerful form of Yang Chi. In Sorcery I had always read that you should not have Sex before trying to conjure a Spirit because sex was “dirty.” This is not the case, not having Sex would give you enough Yang Chi to conjure the SPirit in question.

Take your Lotus Position and hand positions. Pull up your anus and genitals like your trying to keep from going to the bathroom and at the same time push down with your stomach muscles and focus on you Dantian with your eyes. This should be done for at least an hour a day or for as long it takes. Remember all bodies are different, for some it could be fast for others slow. When you feel like you have to have sex, move to the Level Two position because the Semen is ready to be “Cooked.”

Take your positions. Inhale through the nose and pull in your stomach and feel your energy move from your testicles to your tale bone and up your back to the top of your head. Breath out through your nose and push your stomach and when doing this trace the energy down from your head until it reaches your Dantian.

Keep doing this until your Sexual sensation is gone and when it returns do it over until you get a ball like a mound in yur Dantian. Soon you will begin to develop marks in the center of both of your palms like burn marks. I tried this and recieved a bubble blister like from being burned. This is your Yang Chi pushing itself out of your body, because you have filled your entire system with it. Remember be patient and practice hard.

Some guys practice up to ten, fifteen years or more. They don’t live in the Unitied States where all you have to do is whine or take what you want. You can’t say I should have this because I’m white or I deserve this because I’m black. This is the only science on the planet were it can’t be given to you. You yourself have to work for it.

CAUTION

IF DONE WRONG THIS EXERCISE COULD INJURE YOUR ETHERIC BODY AND ITS PSYCHIC CAHNNELS AND THAT COULD RESULT IN THE DEATH OF YOUR SPIRITUAL AS WELL AS YOUR PHYSICAL BODY. AS I SAID BEFORE IF YOU BELIEVE THIS IS YOUR DESTINY THEN PROCEED.

LEVEL THREE: Sit in your lotus position and relax and focus.Breath in for six seconds ahold the breath for 33 seconds exhale for 12 seconds hold for 2 seconds.

Practice this for as long as you can, but at least three hours or more is te rule. The goal is rhythm so, try and keep the pace steady.

If you feel, you can go higher the better: 8 50 16 3

The goal is to push the energy in to the Sushumna located in the spine up to pierce the first Granthi and to move up to the Dantian. When the energy is made to flow through this Channel, it ceases to flow through the Ida (Yin Channel) and the Pingala (Yang channel) making them easy to break by making the Dan tian jump like you have the dry heaves. YOu break the Nadis’ in a criss cross fashion like an X.

When the first four are broken, you can move the Dantian like a rolling ball.These two Channels sit on either side of the Sushumna, the Ida on the left and the Pingala on the right. The books I found on the chakras say that the Ida and Pingala curve around each Chakra like figure eights. This is false because Chakra spin. It would seem that the two Channels would cross at each Chakra instead of going around them. Think about how hurricanes work, a cold and warm front even those Crop Circles work on the same principles. Two different energies one positive and one negative hit each other and are made to chase each other and spin.

The same thing happens whena tornado is formed so why not a chakra? The Ida is cook and the Pingala is HOt. This is just another case of people not understanding what they are reading or writing about and repeating what they have heard.

LEVEL FOUR: The rule is you can pass level four only ify ou have a yellow aura. Master Chang says that there arethre kinds of auras Black, Yellow and White. Black being evil and selfish. White being good and kind hearted. Yellow being at peace with the universe. You have to go out in seclusion to reach Level Four.

When you achieve Level Four you sever the Mingmen Nadi which is the last Nadi holding the Dantian in place. It goes down and gathers as much Yin as you have Yang Chi. The Two will rise together and you have to force them by your will to combine them in your Dantian.

Master Chang fainted twice trying to do this, but on the third time it was his. Look for different Tai Chi postures and movements and get to know your powers.

CONGRATULATION YOU HAVE JUST MOVED UP TO HOMO SAPIENS SUPERIOR. You are Immortal and you will retain your personality after death.

You will be able to Reincarnate when you wish and to a certain degree the laws of karma have no effect on you. You control the powers of the universe, and are A True Son of the Gods.

You will need this training because you don’t have to buy anything special to practice with. Yes you can practice in jail, outside, and under any circumstance.

No Spells, no Cnadles, no Incense, no Partner, no Money everything you need you were born with. If the time comes and you’re stripped of everything you own, this Power is still yours. This is your trump card. LEARN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN”

GOOD LUCK

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 5